[Bangalore,India] Wrath of the Dragoon (08/04/12)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bangalore bladers, you have had the most MFB tourneys in India so far. Now its time for you to get a taste of Plastics as well along with MFB. Feel the Wrath of the Dragoon.

So, its the first MFB+Plastic tournament in Bangalore and the second event of its kind in India.
Here are the details:

Cubbon Park, Bangalore (12.97°N 77.6°E) (Click to View)

Time and Date: Everyone is supposed to be present at the Queens Statue Gate by 11:30 or 12:00. The event will start by 12:30 after parts checking is done.

Entry Fee: Rs. 250 is the one-time entry fee and for passport you need to pay Rs. 500

Host: BladingSpirit5 N0body

There wont be a specific co-host for this event because I dont know anyone Chief - Sigh ... so I have no idea who the co-host should be.. ATM all participants can assume themselves to be co-hosts..

Format: Round Robin Block(if we get enough members) or else we'll have to go for Round Robin.

Make sure that you have gone through all the rules before attending the event.

If you have any questions regarding the entry fee and passport fee, Read this. All the money collected during the event will be sent to the WBO.

Make sure that all of your beys are legal. If you are not sure about them being legal, you can ask in the Ask a question, get an answer! #2 or Plastics Q&A Thread respectively

Prizes are not yet decided.

Now for the attendeesUnhappyin Alphabetical order) (Click to View)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

So,I'm asuming that we have finnaly come to a conclusion.
(Apr. 10, 2012  6:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For us, what happened after and even during round three does not matter, because N0body had his three wins before with the first two rounds already.

Hmm. From the results I see, N0body never actually won 2 clean rounds after the attaching incident. So it's still at 2-2.

Quote:Since this whole Beybattle was based on ambiguity that depended, apparently, on where you were sat, then it is reasonable for Gravity to be declared the winner.

This isn't really a biased reason to award Gravity the win. There's no assuming in Beyblade, anything can happen in Beybattle. And as I said before, we don't have proper evidence of what happened to actually make a decision, not even a video or proper results.

(Apr. 10, 2012  7:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, seriously, darkbull9999, if you were really the judge, you did a very bad job. I can count at least three things you did not do properly : denouncing what BladingSpirit5 did with his Duo on left-spin prongs, restricting the Stalling Clause to four minutes, and stopping the match to clean the stadium and reset the battle if the dust particle was really that big.

Again, there is no decision to be made if the Judge didn't do a proper job.
And as a host, N0body should have sorted this out right then instead leaving it to the end.

(Apr. 10, 2012  8:06 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: There really isn't any such concept as "in position". Once your match has been called and you have acknolwedged this/are aware of this, the expectation is that you are preparing for your match.

From what I hear, the match was never officially "called" by the judge. Everyone knew what was coming. Even if it was actually called, why was N0body "cleaning" his suitcase when he was actually supposed to be preparing for his match ? If he could do that, why was BladingSpirit5 not allowed to casually "attach" his Duo onto the Left Spin prongs ? I'm aware that he "attached" his Beyblade before they checked the rules, which was still "preparation time". But when the rules were being checked, it apparently was a break from that "preparation time". And as far as I know, there is no concept like that either Serious .

Well, N0body did mention that he had to leave the battle half way, as he was getting late for his flight.
Of course, he should have ended with the battle as soon as possible, and keep suitcase cleaning/packing for later.
But well, there was simply loads of confusion out there.
I really am not judging anyone out here, nor am I defending N0body. Smile
Just that, I am trying to remind you of an earlier post where the probability of the match being abandoned by the host was mentioned.
Not at all. We were getting late for lunch actually. This was at around 2:45.
He postponed this to after the Plastics event. That was when he got late for the flight, not during the match
Oh, so that is when it happened...
Then of course one could have proposed a re-match after such controversies...
But well, what has already happened cannot changed.

Sorry for misinterpreting the previous post by N0body, and posting what has been proved to untrue. Smile

From what Relic said, things seem to be on BS5's side for now...
(Apr. 11, 2012  4:45 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2012  7:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, seriously, darkbull9999, if you were really the judge, you did a very bad job. I can count at least three things you did not do properly : denouncing what BladingSpirit5 did with his Duo on left-spin prongs, restricting the Stalling Clause to four minutes, and stopping the match to clean the stadium and reset the battle if the dust particle was really that big.

Again, there is no decision to be made if the Judge didn't do a proper job.
And as a host, N0body should have sorted this out right then instead leaving it to the end.
As I said before, none of them were ready to listen to me.. It was one against two so..
And yeah since I realized that it was too ambiguous as Kai-V said, I decided to stop the battle after 5 rounds. Leaving to the end would mean I continued this battle throughout the day because there wasn't any clear winner? Which of course I did not do..

As for the 3 wins thing.. yeah even I am confused there a bit because I did not win 3 until the 3rd round involving the dust particle.. if you take half-revolution as a win..

(Apr. 11, 2012  4:45 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2012  8:06 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: There really isn't any such concept as "in position". Once your match has been called and you have acknolwedged this/are aware of this, the expectation is that you are preparing for your match.

From what I hear, the match was never officially "called" by the judge. Everyone knew what was coming. Even if it was actually called, why was N0body "cleaning" his suitcase when he was actually supposed to be preparing for his match ? If he could do that, why was BladingSpirit5 not allowed to casually "attach" his Duo onto the Left Spin prongs ? I'm aware that he "attached" his Beyblade before they checked the rules, which was still "preparation time". But when the rules were being checked, it apparently was a break from that "preparation time". And as far as I know, there is no concept like that either.

The judge never called for battle before this as well.. it was me who was deciding who battles whom all the time.. the judges(BladingSpirit5 and darkbull9999) just judged when I called the battle. In the finals, since I was a part, I did not decide the order.. I left it to darkbull9999 but since all decisions were public.. there was no reason for it to be called 'unknown'.. we both were well aware of that fact. And, soon after BladingSpirit5 completed his battle with SpikeBeyRaahul, there were a lot of people gathered around us.. then I went to my suitcase to try and make some decent combo. That was when BS5 attached the beyblade to left-spin prongs. I asked him to check up the rules from his iPad to see if it counted as selection. It was in this time that I chose to pack my suitcase because it contained all my beys and other important things and leaving it open before others wasn't good idea..

(Apr. 11, 2012  5:08 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, N0body did mention that he had to leave the battle half way, as he was getting late for his flight.
Of course, he should have ended with the battle as soon as possible, and keep suitcase cleaning/packing for later.
But well, there was simply loads of confusion out there.
I really am not judging anyone out here, nor am I defending N0body. Smile
Just that, I am trying to remind you of an earlier post where the probability of the match being abandoned by the host was mentioned.
But I never said that I left that battle because I got late for flight.. in my PM to Kai-V I mentioned that we left it for later because all were hungry
From whatever i've read till now...

1st round-gravity won by half revolution(before this BS5 attached his combo to left spin prong and NObody took some extra time for packing his suitcase and choosing his combo)[if everyone is fighting over these essuses let it be a tie...so score 0-0]
2nd round-gravity won by full revolution[score 1-0 NObody leading]
3rd round-gravity won by half revolution(darkbull9999 DQed NObody for blowing air)[if there isn't any rule about blowing air and getting DQed...then NObody should win this round so score 2-0]
4th round-Duo combo won[score 2-1]
5th round-gravity won (this is the opinion of the ones who were on NObody's side of stadium....and the ones on other side called it a tie...the people at middle side didnt say anything)[if no one said Duo won and few people are saying Gravity won then gravity should be the winner so score 3-1]

NOTE-
1.From what Kai-V said im assuming half revolution as win(correct me if i'm wrong)
2. Things in ( ) is what i've understood
3. Things in [ ] are my conclusions

So i geuss we have a winner...if anything i've assumed is wrong then sorry for that and correct me...Smile
Half Revolutions are not counted. Moreover you have to see the corrections N0body made.
This is the sequence of the match that I got confirmed from darkbull9999:

Round 1: Gravity clean win, nothing else.
Round 2: There was a dust particle in the stadium, SAM blows, ends as a tie. (This was the one where people were saying Gravity won. But two people were on his side and two on mine so it ended as a tie.)
Round 3: Duo out spun Gravity. Judge called it 1-1.
Round 4: Again, Duo barely out spun Gravity. Judge calls it 2-1
Round 5: All call it a tie except galaxypegasis22.

Quote:if no one said Duo won and few people are saying Gravity won then gravity should be the winner so score 3-1

This never happened, there were always two people on my side two people on his.
That's wrong TBH, BladingSpirit5.. The correct order is indeed what I've typed there because I wrote my reply a day after the event so my memory was surely stronger at that time than 3-4 days after the event..
Round 1: Gravity wins by half-revolution
Round 2: Gravity wins completely
Round 3: I get DQed and it is a tie.. as you say but people are divided in opinion.
Round 4: Duo wins by half-revolution(conclusion made after I tried to redo battles with Death where Gravity stops momentarily)
Round 5: Tie again maybe.. (3 people including SpikeBeyRaahul, FlameAquario321 and galaxypegasis22 said I won by half-revolution. People on your side caled it a tie[Okay, I think raytriker9 or you said that Duo won whereas judge called it a tie] and so did I.. so yeah it should actually be a tie.. but there weren't many supporting Duo IIRC)
Well if you remember in all matches two people were supporting Duo and two people were supporting Gravity.
It should end as a tie at least.
I agree completely with bs5's order.Nobody i think you have got the rounds wrong
I have not. It went that way. First round was Gravity's by half-rev. Second by full rev. Third was the air blowing thing. Fourth was Duo's win by half-rev. Fifth was tie as called by me, darkbull9999 and raystriker9. BladingSpirit5 and someone else called it as Duo's win by half-rev and SBR+galaxypegasis(whose opinion didnt matter)+FlameAquario called it Gravity's win.
In 3rd and 4th match.. there were equal people supporting Gravity and Duo I agree but in 5th.. it wasnt the case for sure.. And unless I had called it a tie.. it could have gone gravity's way.. because SBR and FlameAquario stressed that Gravity won clearly...

darkbull9999 Of course you'll agree with his order.. you've confirmed it from him after all.. XD
(Apr. 12, 2012  8:01 AM)N0body Wrote: darkbull9999 Of course you'll agree with his order.. you've confirmed it from him after all.. XD

No, I got it confirmed from him.
Pinching_eyes I typed the opposite.. Well your order is mixed up and you added a round because Gravity won the second round clearly not first.. and the first round was a win by half-spin..
Stop behaving like Small Kids...Just Enjoy!
For having a proof you should take a Video::::
Ah...Is it finalized that who had win?
darkbull9999-Done a Bad Job....:::
Sorry if you are thinking that I'm arguing with you all.
Regards,
Play!
(Apr. 12, 2012  9:11 AM)PlayBlitz Wrote: Stop behaving like Small Kids...Just Enjoy!
For having a proof you should take a Video::::
Ah...Is it finalized that who had win?
darkbull9999-Done a Bad Job....:::
Sorry if you are thinking that I'm arguing with you all.
Regards,
Play!

I am not sure if you even know what the argument is all about.. and seriously.. we are not behaving like small kids or this would have been filled with SPAM.. The argument is all about telling BladingSpirit5's side of the story because the mods did not hear it before declaring me the winner. We both wanted it to be a tie initially so we are just putting up our points to show what was really happening..

I did mention that we did not take a video and that was a mistake from our side..

It is still not fully finalized who won.

darkbull judged most other matches quite well so he did his job well after that in the plastics event too.. in this game.. yeah he may not have done everything right but.. that doesn't mean he is a very bad judge either..

Ok guys,so have we come to a conclusion of this Tournament.
None yet. Tongue_out And me and BladingSpirit5 are happier without one so its better if we get the conclusion as a surprise when the event gets processed.
This tournament has now been processed, and all Faces and Credits have been awarded. Congratulations all!

Mystery Solved

Did the plastics event not get processed? Because the faces and/or the credits for the plastics event have not been given.

I know the plastics events dont get 'processed' as such, but yeah, the faces for it have not been given.
Good thing I read threads, but a PM would probably be better next time to make sure I see the question.

You're right, I didn't process the plastics event yet. Those Faces and Credits will be awarded in the next 18 hours.
I would have sent a PM if no one would have replied here because I am yet to send the receipts for the Mumbai events. So, I would have mentioned about it in that PM itself. However, I was myself not very sure of whether the credits have been given or not. I will use the PM system next time Smile

No worries man!

The plastics tournament has also had its Faces and Credits awarded.

As you can plainly see from the shiny new Gold Face adorning your profile! Wink