Balro Balro W145WSF

(Aug. 23, 2013  4:34 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Ah MAN, I thought Balro Phoenix was a good combination. Oh well!!

Well, Phoenic Balro is pretty great Smile It's just not what I used for this combo.

Cake: Really? I've tried that before, and kinda, well, didn't work. Confused

Could you do some formal testing or a video or something? I'm leaving until Tuesday in like a couple hours, and all my stuff is out of commission. That would be awesome! I really wanna try that now...
XD
Great stuff as always! Grin

I have to admit that I was skeptical of the OP since I've always regarded WSF as being one of the worst tips for catching the tornado ridge, but then I watched your video and I realized I launch wayyyyyyy harder which probably has something to do with it. For me, WSF always skips the ridge and slams into a wall, which lead me to consider WSF being one of the more forgiving attack tips since even if you flub up a sliding shoot it will break a stall, hit a wall, and shoot through the center. That's definitely not what happened in your video, though, so maybe I need to slow down my launch a tad (which would probably also help the longevity of my Beylaunchers LOL).
You say that Wyvang had too much recoil for your combo. If you still used it, do you think you would have gotten better or worse results. Also, I did miss your voice, you sound like Brandon Soo Hoo from Incredible Crew!!!
(Aug. 22, 2013  10:51 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2013  8:57 PM)diblee123 Wrote: Its so great you found a use for WSF! I always had the idea MF>WSF at tornado stalling. I remember in your Balro Balro CH120R2F, you mentioned Gryph Balro CH120R2F has more smash.
Also, it is known Gryph helps boost spin velocity due to its small diameter, so, in your opinion, would Gryph be a better chrome wheel instead of 2 Balro's?
p.s, i did read the parts choice section in the OP, so please wbo moderators don't give me a higher warning percentage for not reading xD

Well, I wouldn't say Gryph is better. :\ I said "from my experience," and I was working on an LTAC project at the time, in which Gryph worked much better. XD

I consider Balro Balro to be better than Gryph Balro for most things, and especially for this due to its superior balance and weight distribution. Smile
Thanks!
As always I get proven wrong! Smile
(Aug. 23, 2013  7:33 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote: You say that Wyvang had too much recoil for your combo. If you still used it, do you think you would have gotten better or worse results.

I believe Wyvang just doesn't have the right kind of weight distribution for this sort of thing. :\ I've noticed when using it that, even in pure attack combinations, its movement pattern seems to be much more restricted than Balro's. It's recoil is also a problem, so adding an MSF-H would be essential to keep it in the stadium... but that would slow it down a bit much, along with the more inward movement would kind of defeat the purpose of the stalling concept.
(Aug. 23, 2013  2:23 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2013  4:34 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Ah MAN, I thought Balro Phoenix was a good combination. Oh well!!

Well, Phoenic Balro is pretty great Smile It's just not what I used for this combo.

Cake: Really? I've tried that before, and kinda, well, didn't work. Confused

Could you do some formal testing or a video or something? I'm leaving until Tuesday in like a couple hours, and all my stuff is out of commission. That would be awesome! I really wanna try that now...
XD

I don't WSF so I can't try it but from what I have used, Begirados Balro is really good. I used it with RF/R2F though so maybe that's something.
Testing done! Smile Also, a MSF helps it a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot against Girago Smile
So, you all wanted to see it? Here it is!
Equipment used:
BB-10
3-Segment Launcher Grip with all accessories
Beylauncher Army Green

Balro Balro W145WSF vs Reviser Reviser E230RSF
Balro launched first on all launches. Barely worn RSF.
Balro winsUnhappyall OS)
Reviser winsUnhappyall KO)

Balro Win Rate: 95%
The only KO got was from Balro's recoil.

MSF Balro Balro W145WSF vs Reviser Girago SA165MF
Alternating launches on all launches.
Balro winsUnhappyall KO)
Girago winsUnhappy6 KOs and 2 OSs)

Ties Redone: 2
Balro Win Rate: 60%
Now this... was crazy. The minute, no... the second I launched both, one got the KO. If Balro didn't KO in the first 20 seconds of the battle, it was toast. Girago would OS by torturing Balro, AKA smacking it into the walls until its spin died. There was a huge amount of wall saves so it could've gone either way.

Hope you liked these tests guys! Smile
(Aug. 23, 2013  6:45 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Great stuff as always! Grin

I have to admit that I was skeptical of the OP since I've always regarded WSF as being one of the worst tips for catching the tornado ridge, but then I watched your video and I realized I launch wayyyyyyy harder which probably has something to do with it. For me, WSF always skips the ridge and slams into a wall, which lead me to consider WSF being one of the more forgiving attack tips since even if you flub up a sliding shoot it will break a stall, hit a wall, and shoot through the center. That's definitely not what happened in your video, though, so maybe I need to slow down my launch a tad (which would probably also help the longevity of my Beylaunchers LOL).

If WSF is this good, then wouldn't that mean it can be used with 85 like MF. Stupid I'm scheming something.
Possibly, but you might want to compare the endurance of them both in a solo-spin time.
(Aug. 25, 2013  5:35 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:

If WSF is this good, then wouldn't that mean it can be used with 85 like MF. Stupid I'm scheming something.

tbh I've found that all WF-based tips (WF, CF, WSF) are like this... a full launch causes aggro motion and wall slamming, while a slightly lighter one causes it to tornado stall nicely. I'd like to see comparison tests with WSF vs CF, on different customs. I'll see about testing it on my MF Phantom Cancer 100CF.
(Aug. 25, 2013  8:34 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2013  5:35 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:

tbh I've found that all WF-based tips (WF, CF, WSF) are like this... a full launch causes aggro motion and wall slamming, while a slightly lighter one causes it to tornado stall nicely. I'd like to see comparison tests with WSF vs CF, on different customs. I'll see about testing it on my MF Phantom Cancer 100CF.

Well, go for it, but IDK about the CF, but W/E.
(Aug. 25, 2013  5:37 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Possibly, but you might want to compare the endurance of them both in a solo-spin time.

I'll see what I can do, but hopefully the results will be the same.