Balro Balro CH120R2F

Poll: Should Balro be considered and tested more for attackers?

Yes, it has potential
90.32%
No, its resluts show lack of ability
9.68%
Total: 100% 31 vote(s)
Really? Well I saw some tests and attack types beat it. Flash might have lost because its weight is less.
Smile
Remember is Revizer Girago and not Girago^2, that the best combo of them is Girago^2 SA165MF, also I have some troubles when Revizer is attacked from below when I play with it, so it would be better to test the "best" one when someone has time or both Girago
(May. 15, 2013  8:50 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Remember is Revizer Girago and not Girago^2, that the best combo of them is Girago^2 SA165MF, also I have some troubles when Revizer is attacked from below when I play with it, so it would be better to test the "best" one when someone has time or both Girago

I know... Tongue_out My second Girago is literally 20 feet away from me, but I can't open it 'till Saturday. Reviser does provide extremely low recoil, though, so I don't know if 2 Girago would do any better. I think Balro just "uppercut" it, since the height difference is so significant. Smile
I am kinda with Izhkoort on this one. I believe a 2nd Girago will make a difference because it will be Balro's contact point instead of Revizer.

And to touch on what he was saying about Revizer being vulnerable when hit from below...it goes the same for when it is hit from above. The 2 holes in Revizer give the opponent a lot to grab on to. When I was developing the Gryph Gryph E230BSF combo, I originally used Phoenic on the bottom because, the "scooping" effect of E230 made it possible for Phoenic to utilize all of its contact points. When I did tests vs Revizer x2 BD145RDF there were some explosive KOs that would literally send one or both into the next room. I quickly realized that the reason this was happening randomly was because Phoenic would sometimes land a wing tip directly into one of Revizer's holes.

Unfortunately Pegasis and Balro are the only Chrome Wheels I do not own 2 of so I cannot test this. You could try flipping the Girago combo for that one test to possibly get an idea of how Balro would perform if there were 2 Giragos, or just wait till Saturday. lol

I would also like to see this vs Ingulit's Scythe Uranus 85RS combo if anyone has all the parts. Since Balro relies on hitting at a steep angle I believe it would have a lot of trouble connecting well with Scythe.
Lol my Combo is the same as ingulits except its MF-H Scythe Leone 90RS.

Lol my Combo is the same as ingulits except its MF-H Scythe Leone 90RS.
Also, I think it can beat Balro Balro CH120R2F.
Not that I don’t appreciate bad advice but this combo is the biggest waste of time in the history of the WBO why wouldn’t you just buy two Wyvangs when they do everything better than Balro.
(May. 17, 2013  9:40 PM)EarthEagle16 Wrote: Not that I don’t appreciate bad advice but this combo is the biggest waste of time in the history of the WBO why wouldn’t you just buy two Wyvangs when they do everything better than Balro.

That's actually very rude to say.

Read this thread properly for why he used Balro, instead of criticizing him.
I actually feel Balro does a better job at taking out E230 combos than Wyvang, and Girago probably has the best smash towards the upper part of its wheel.
(May. 17, 2013  9:40 PM)EarthEagle16 Wrote: Not that I don’t appreciate bad advice but this combo is the biggest waste of time in the history of the WBO why wouldn’t you just buy two Wyvangs when they do everything better than Balro.

I used balro simply because it hadn't been tested. It also has incredible upper attack (like meow said)
and can actually do a better job than Wyvang in some scenarios. Wyvang is almost definitely better, but Balro hadn't been tested much at all yet, so I decided that I would give my valuable time and effort to try it out and help people like you understand more about balro, and ultimately, beyblade. Please stop making posts like this on my threads when you don't even have valid tests.

Also, for Kain, Balro didn't really hit underneath it, if that's what you meant. It just sorta hit low. Not like scooping underneath it. IDK if that's what you meant, but I thought you might want to know. Smile

You join yesterday and start making posts against a active member who is trying to contribute to testing. This is STRICTLY not allowed here so next time think before you post.
I'm necroing the heck out of this thing because I'm just now getting to sit down and read everything, and I have to say

HOLY COW THEM'S SOME GOOD RESULTS

That's especially true regarding those E230 results; Like Meow! said, Wyvang is great but E230 can still give it trouble. I love the use of CH120, and this seems to work much better than Wyvang^2 on CH120 from my informal tests. I'm legit thinking this is top-tier, and lord knows I'm in the market for some Balros lol
Wow... Uuumm... Thanks! Smile I definitely think this handles E230 well. I used this at a tourney a few days ago and it trashed everyone. Then some other guys started using it. I actually almost lost to it myself Tongue_out. I would be incredibly honored to have something on the top-tier list. Smile
(May. 15, 2013  3:02 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: mmmmh... try MSF Saramanda^2 SA165MF or if you prefer a "tested" combo, use your own Girago/Revizer Girago SA165MF

BAHAMDIA Master: if I remember when I used Balro, it exposes more contact points with itself, Phoenic or gryph (for example) than with Dragooon, and this is pure smash, if it uses Dragooon and it works, it will only be another variation of the Dragooon smash+spin equalizer combos

I said that because I wanted to use Balro on left-spin.
Kinda a necro, but I've got tests, so I'll post here.

Wow, Balro is good on 120. I'd previously tried it on 145 heights and had good results, but it is definitely better on 120 from what I've seen.

Balro Balro CH120 R2F vs Revizer Revizer BD145 CS
Balro:13 Wins(All KO)
Revizer: 7 Wins(6 OS, 1 KO)
Balro Win Rate: 65%
The outcome of testing an attack type with R2F mostly depends on who made it. I substituted CH120 with D125 since my CH120 is really wobbly. Anywho, I found that TT's R2F doesn't KO as much as Hasbro's. I used to only have TT R2F's (Galaxy Pegasis TT, Samurai Pegasis), and they were terrible at KOing. Then yesterday, I picked up Cosmic W105R2F. I tested my Balro2 D125R2F(TT) against MSF/MSFH Killerken Dragooon SA165EWD, Then Hasbro R2F, then decided to test against my other good beys:

Equipment Used:
*BB10 stadium
*3-seg with grip rubber and grip extension with battery
*My epic custom Bey card
*Plain black Beylauncher (not LR)
*Tested on carpet so the stadium won't move due to heavy attack types
Zombie Test (Click to View)
Anti Attack Test: (Click to View)
Defence Test: (Click to View)
Stamina Test: (Click to View)
Attack Test: (Click to View)
Balance Test: (Click to View)
Anti-Synchrom/SA165 Test (Click to View)
Deflecting-Defence Test: (Click to View)
Those all prove how much more agro Metal Fury's R2F's are XD. The best counters I found were Flash and Wyvang Dragooon. I'm hoping this Balro can defeat all top tier Dragooon combos soon and make attack types popular again! Balro was banked every time except against other attack types(Phantom 85MF, Flash GB145R2F). Attack types make tourneys much more interesting too ;D.
(Jul. 07, 2013  5:22 PM)Bazooka Wrote: The outcome of testing an attack type with R2F mostly depends on who made it. I substituted CH120 with D125 since my CH120 is really wobbly. Anywho, I found that TT's R2F doesn't KO as much as Hasbro's. I used to only have TT R2F's (Galaxy Pegasis TT, Samurai Pegasis), and they were terrible at KOing. Then yesterday, I picked up Cosmic W105R2F. I tested my Balro2 D125R2F(TT) against MSF/MSFH Killerken Dragooon SA165EWD, Then Hasbro R2F, then decided to test against my other good beys:

Equipment Used:
*BB10 stadium
*3-seg with grip rubber and grip extension with battery
*My epic custom Bey card
*Plain black Beylauncher (not LR)
*Tested on carpet so the stadium won't move due to heavy attack types
Zombie Test (Click to View)
Anti Attack Test: (Click to View)
Defence Test: (Click to View)
Stamina Test: (Click to View)
Attack Test: (Click to View)
Balance Test: (Click to View)
Anti-Synchrom/SA165 Test (Click to View)
Deflecting-Defence Test: (Click to View)
Those all prove how much more agro Metal Fury's R2F's are XD. The best counters I found were Flash and Wyvang Dragooon. I'm hoping this Balro can defeat all top tier Dragooon combos soon and make attack types popular again! Balro was banked every time except against other attack types(Phantom 85MF, Flash GB145R2F). Attack types make tourneys much more interesting too ;D.

Wow, very impressive results. Very glad I stocked up on Cosmis Pegasus earlier Smile
Hopefully other tests will confirm this as a top tier.
Great tests, man! I'll have to do some Balro tests myself sometime.

Three things, though:
The mold of R2F probably isn't the cause of you R2F's performing differently. Hasbro's had a track record of using softer rubber for their Bottoms than Takara-Tomy. Softer rubber = More traction (Though, I guess you could call that a mold variation)
Also, how is anything on W2D supposed to be considered Defense? lol
And when you refer to E230 being in "Boost Mode," how's that supposed to mean the disk is facing downward when on BD145, the disk faces up in that mode?
(Jul. 07, 2013  11:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Great tests, man! I'll have to do some Balro tests myself sometime.

Three things, though:
The mold of R2F probably isn't the cause of you R2F's performing differently. Hasbro's had a track record of using softer rubber for their Bottoms than Takara-Tomy. Softer rubber = More traction (Though, I guess you could call that a mold variation)

There are actually three different known mold variations of R2F.
I think what Bazooka has found is probably either a softer rubber than the other molds or past releases of R2F.
I noticed little differences like this with the CS that was released with Ray Striker and the CS that was released in a two-pack. Typical Hasbro I guess.
I call it "upper mode" when the carp is upwards. Boost is when it is downwards. That's what I call it though. Since W2D came with Fang Leone(a defense type), I assumed it was a defensive tip. That Genbull combo I used beat most of the attack Dragooon combos I tested against by OS. So it "defended" against Dragooon ;D
Some R2F tips have different rubber on them... It's pretty random what density of rubber you get, though. I have 5 R2Fs all from the same bey, but the softness of the rubber differs between them all.
For instance, your Samurai Pegasis tip seems to be pretty firm, but mine is very soft an fast. The only bey I know of that can provide you with a very soft tip consistently is cosmic pegasus. Smile
(May. 15, 2013  2:04 AM)Bahamdia Master Wrote: since it went out like that, try testing the same thing with dragooon instead one of the balros.

Use Dragooon?!? Do you think I'm just gonna give in to the Dragooon Apocalypse? I am trying to save you from that evil beast!!! I will find all anti Dragooon combos and save the WBO from that horrible broken bey!
Lol but Balro Balro is the point of the combo. Not Balro Dragooon. Even if Balro Dragooon was used Wyvang performs better with Dragooon. Balro Balro is actually a good Smasher! Once instead of R2F I used a SWD and it made a KO on its second to last rotation! Also,
I have tests but I have them for Tri first.
@Bazooka: Dragooon isn't causing an apocalypse IMO... Regular Duo stamina types can take it down, attack types can take it down, and RDF defense types can usually take it down. I don't see what the big deal is... plus, it's not Dragooon, it's just the fact that it spins left, whereas most people use primarily right-spin combinations. If everyone used Dragooon, Meteo and Guardian, then Duo Genbull combos would be apocalyptic. Tongue_out
Totally agree with theblackdragon. Dragooon SA165 EWD can be taken down by Duo W145 WD and attackers. Dragooon SA165/BD145 RDF is a little trickier(especially SA165), but a good attacker can take them down. Dragooon attack types are very hard to take down if the user can launch them but for some reason nobody uses attack in tournaments.
Well Michigan bladers use attackers a lot haha, I use left spin attack quite often now.