Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

(Apr. 08, 2018  2:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2018  12:39 PM)Breedo Wrote: Hmm, I think you could still call him the creator of beyblade though but I guess it depends on how many instructions he were given from Takara-Tomy in terms of what they wanted, I'm sure they were probably many so perhaps we should say both Osamu Mashimo & Takao Aoki both created beyblade. Since it's all a question of how much of the manga's characters and concept were aoki's own and how much were requested and he just put meat on the original idea's.

He is the creator of the characters and the manga's story (for which the anime's was very much different, as you know), so no, you cannot say that he created Beyblade when all he did was create the manga, not even the toyline (which is the base of it all - no "Beyblade" without the toys) nor the majority of the anime.

That goes two ways, nobody is saying he created the toy but you could just as well say anyone else only created the toy or the producers of the anime only created the anime...

Let's run this a different way, somebody makes a manga on rollerblades and call it rollerblades, he's assigned by the ones selling roller blades to do this and after his manga is used as a basis for a anime, the manga was very short so they do everything a lot differently but most of the main elements are there. 

People would not be wrong to say this hypothetical person created roller blades as a story concept which others then followed. If they say Takao Aoki is the creator of the beyblade show then no that's incorrect, he is creator of it's blueprint however, thus the creator of beyblade as a story. (unless everything was micromanaged from the higher ups)

It's the same as if somebody did a full length movie on a short story, the author didn't make the movie but he still made the story.
(Apr. 08, 2018  5:24 PM)Breedo Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2018  2:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: He is the creator of the characters and the manga's story (for which the anime's was very much different, as you know), so no, you cannot say that he created Beyblade when all he did was create the manga, not even the toyline (which is the base of it all - no "Beyblade" without the toys) nor the majority of the anime.

That goes two ways, nobody is saying he created the toy but you could just as well say anyone else only created the toy or the producers of the anime only created the anime...

Let's run this a different way, somebody makes a manga on rollerblades and call it rollerblades, he's assigned by the ones selling roller blades to do this and after his manga is used as a basis for a anime, the manga was very short so they do everything a lot differently but most of the main elements are there. 

People would not be wrong to say this hypothetical person created roller blades as a story concept which others then followed. If they say Takao Aoki is the creator of the beyblade show then no that's incorrect, he is creator of it's blueprint however, thus the creator of beyblade as a story. (unless everything was micromanaged from the higher ups)

It's the same as if somebody did a full length movie on a short story, the author didn't make the movie but he still made the story.

The root question is who we can say created/invented Beyblade, the original idea and all, and the answer is Osamu Mashimo. You can say Takao Aoki was at the heart of creating the story and helped make Beyblade what it is today, but you can't call him the creator.

The manga didn't come first. The toy came first. To liken to your example, the toy is the original written work and the manga is the movie. Why would you say Warner Brothers created Harry Potter? They are responsible for what they actually created, and that's the movies, but they did not come up with the idea.

No one is saying Takao Aoki doesn't deserve credit for helping Beyblades get to where they are today or making the image we see them for. But giving him credit for the very idea of the whole thing itself is incorrect. Call him the "original story creator" but don't call him the original creator. There is a clear difference that you're not making.

I could see this whole conversation stemming from a misunderstanding. I mean, since we call the original series in English just "Beyblade" while the whole toy franchise is also "Beyblade". So if you want to say he created "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade", that would be more correct.
(Apr. 08, 2018  11:05 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2018  5:24 PM)Breedo Wrote: That goes two ways, nobody is saying he created the toy but you could just as well say anyone else only created the toy or the producers of the anime only created the anime...

The root question is who we can say created/invented Beyblade, the original idea and all, and the answer is Osamu Mashimo. You can say Takao Aoki was at the heart of creating the story and helped make Beyblade what it is today, but you can't call him the creator.

The manga didn't come first. The toy came first. To liken to your example, the toy is the original written work and the manga is the movie. Why would you say Warner Brothers created Harry Potter? They are responsible for what they actually created, and that's the movies, but they did not come up with the idea.

No one is saying Takao Aoki doesn't deserve credit for helping Beyblades get to where they are today or making the image we see them for. But giving him credit for the very idea of the whole thing itself is incorrect. Call him the "original story creator" but don't call him the original creator. There is a clear difference that you're not making.

I could see this whole conversation stemming from a misunderstanding. I mean, since we call the original series in English just "Beyblade" while the whole toy franchise is also "Beyblade". So if you want to say he created "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade", that would be more correct.

Yes, there's a difference between creating a toy and creating a story. When people say beyblade they can mean three things... the toy, the show and the story (Which is in this case the manga)

As a response to the harry potter example, you could in the same way say J.k. Rowling did not create harry potter cause there already existed wizards and even a character called harry potter before she wrote the books. People would still say she created them even though most of the creatures such a boggarts ect are pre-existing creatures. In myth and legend.

Osamu Mashimo is the creator of the toy, Takao Aoki is the creator of the story concept of beyblade, and the producers of the anime were the one's responsible for defining the story. 

I think you would be right to call all three examples the creators of beyblade cause it all depends on what you refer to when you say beyblade, I think a lot of people refer to the story and characters rather then the game itself, but then again it's okay to disagree with me on the specifics...

at the end of the day, i think a better example is perhaps the show Dexter the deviated from the books and did their own thing but Jeff Lindsay is still the creator of Dexter, cause he created the world characters and the very sandbox they were playing in. It does not mean he invented serial killers or even the idea of the anti-hero that kills for justice. 

Anyways I think we are deviating from the subject. I think all answers are correct from a different angle and perhaps we should agree it was more of a joint effort.
(Apr. 14, 2018  9:19 AM)marutti Wrote:
Is is any better than original dranzer f burst ?
Pls send beyblade rising manga chapter 9
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:16 PM)SWAPNIL Wrote: Pls send beyblade rising manga chapter 9
Hi There! The  chapter is not out yet! Rising chapters come 4 months once.  So the next chapter will come out in August.
(Apr. 18, 2018  4:12 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:16 PM)SWAPNIL Wrote: Pls send beyblade rising manga chapter 9
Hi There! The  chapter is not out yet! Rising chapters come 4 months once.  So it will come out in August.

Hello... do u have chapter 8 of the Manga?
(Apr. 21, 2018  6:15 AM)Surbhi Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  4:12 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Hi There! The  chapter is not out yet! Rising chapters come 4 months once.  So it will come out in August.

Hello... do u have chapter 8 of the Manga?
Here it is. All credits to Kai-V for translating the chapter!

(Mar. 26, 2018  3:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

If I had to make an educated guess, we will be getting...
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:40 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2018  6:15 AM)Surbhi Wrote: Hello... do u have chapter 8 of the Manga?
Here it is. All credits to Kai-V for translating the chapter!

(Mar. 26, 2018  3:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

If I had to make an educated guess, we will be getting...

Hey thanks a lot for this..?
But as the heading states, it is supposed to be chapter 7, isn't it?
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:56 AM)Surbhi Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:40 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Here it is. All credits to Kai-V for translating the chapter!

Hey thanks a lot for this..?
Oh. Sorry my bad. There are only seven chapters out till now. The 8th chapter will come in August.
Apologies.
(Apr. 21, 2018  11:06 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:56 AM)Surbhi Wrote: Hey thanks a lot for this..?
Oh. Sorry my bad. There are only seven chapters out till now. The 8th chapter will come in August.
Apologies.

Hey no issues... Thanks a lot..?
All links of available chapters are in the first post. It is not complicated.
Aoki Sensei has uploaded a new pic, entitled cheer song, refering to the endind of the first season, and we see Takao sitting on Dragoon as in the ending :3
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/image/...ng2018.jpg
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:55 PM)nekodarkkitten Wrote: Aoki Sensei has uploaded a new pic, entitled cheer song, refering to the endind of the first season, and we see Takao sitting on Dragoon as in the ending :3
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/image/...ng2018.jpg

The picture sure brings back memories
(Jun. 04, 2018  2:54 PM)nekodarkkitten Wrote: At last Aoki sensei has posted a new pic
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/image/...kaokai.jpg
Finally a picture! Like after 3 months! Thanks for the info nekodarkkitten! And its Takao and Kai.. I don't know, but every picture that Aoki sir draws Kai in has feathers in the background. Is it meant to symbolise something? And Dragoon's(Not the bit chip) detailing also looks too good!
(Jun. 04, 2018  3:01 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  2:54 PM)nekodarkkitten Wrote: At last Aoki sensei has posted a new pic
Finally a picture! Like after 3 months! Thanks for the info nekodarkkitten! And its Takao and Kai.. I don't know, but every picture that Aoki sir draws Kai in has feathers in the background. Is it meant to symbolise something? And Dragoon's(Not the bit chip) detailing also looks too good!

Hmm...I just checked takao sensei's site and saw the banners but I didnt find any other picture of kai with feathers other than this...And these feathers resemble his phoenix with his aura which makes the feathers fly everywhere...
Moreover feathers r the only ones which symbolises kai and his bit beast...Other than fire ...For other bladebrakers their bit beasts r dragons which shed scales mythologically...And a white tiger and a turtle dont shed any skin so as to make any background for their tamers...
So here U go with the explanation....
Hm, I cannot budge from the idea that, due to Kai's stance and his position behind Kai, the feathers were actually black for Black Dranzer but that would have essentially been a spoiler, so their colour was reversed to their opposite: white.

Because I truly cannot believe that TAKARA-TOMY would miss this opportunity to produce Black Dranzer Burst version.
(Jun. 04, 2018  3:01 PM)Suhasini Wrote:

Well I've been looking at the site every day XD till something new came along 
It's nice to have more official art again. I love Aoki's sensei art style so much <3 I look up to him, he's my inspiration Grin
And the explanation have already been given XD 
But I certainly would love to see a Black Dranzer in it's burst version *.*
Aww why can't I view that pic anymore? Unhappy(

Anyhow Takao-sensei uploaded a new pic in his gallery:
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/image/bbarising.jpg

And any idea if there's a deadline for the sending of letters to Takao-sensei? I keep forgetting to send mine. XD
(Jun. 08, 2018  7:23 AM)Ecthelion Wrote:
Aww why can't I view that pic anymore? Unhappy(

Anyhow Takao-sensei uploaded a new pic in his gallery:
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/image/bbarising.jpg

And any idea if there's a deadline for the sending of letters to Takao-sensei? I keep forgetting to send mine. XD
Hope you can view it now. Smile
And thanks for the new pic! This pic of the BladeBreakers together is really nice! And I don't think a deadline was specified for sending Aoki sir letters? @[Kai-V], was there any deadline?
If I'm not wrong, the next chapter comes out a week from today!
Reading these finally got me to re-watch the original three seasons. It was absolutely great when I first watched it. It didn't disappoint. Always loved that sense of adventure that season 1 had and how each of the arcs focused on a specific member of the team. Season 3 was just pretty epic as I enjoyed World Championships (of course this is where the original manga ended). Then it added the whole Justice 5 Tournament. I enjoyed the events of season 2 more in the manga though in regards to the whole Zagart story.

It's great to see these old school dudes again. Getting manga chapters with them in 2018 is amazing.