Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

(Apr. 15, 2017  4:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Like what?
I was just checking my favourites' pages to get an idea of how loyal it is to the original, and there's a lot that I could say about the few lines written in their profiles. Most of it, though, is of course the US dub's fault, or anything translation-related.
(Apr. 15, 2017  8:57 AM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Latest page (finally)! Is there anyone who wishes to translate this all, yet?

[Image: maop3.jpg]

EDIT: As far as I understood -- though Japanese and I are not very friendly with each other, so I may be wrong -- that beyblade isn't hers, and she's Hiruta's older sister, not Kai's...? Kai fans, rejoice! You've been lucky once more!
I could be totally wrong too, but this is my interpretation of the text:

Ayaka: Makoto(?), I’ve come to return this.
Makoto(?): Ah! Have you taken my baby without my permission again?!
Ayaka: There was this annoying girl, so I borrowed Zephyr to take care of her.
Makoto(?): Did you win?
Ayaka: Of course! 

*I also read the name as Makoto, but it should be Hiruta.
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:08 PM)TheBlackDevil Wrote: I could be totally wrong too, but this is my interpretation of the text:

Ayaka: Makoto(?), I’ve come to return this.
Makoto(?): Ah! Have you taken my baby without my permission again?!
Ayaka: There was this annoying girl, so I borrowed Zephyr to take care of her.
Makoto(?): Did you win?
Ayaka: Of course! 

*I also read the name as Makoto, but it should be Hiruta.

Yes, apparently it's how I could read it as well.
I've been told that apparently his full name is Makoto Hiruta, however I've been inspecting my manga and found nothing... still, it wouldn't make sense if his name wasn't Makoto, so I guess this time they're right. I still wish to see it with my own eyes, but I guess this page is enough proof on its own.
Too bad that by translating we also miss all the honorifics, so we miss all the brotherly related details. 

As far as I know, 姉キ aneki means "older sister", and in a very respectful way, too. 
So... unless he's still part of the Shell Killers gang (and she could be Kai's sister/cousin now leading them -- considering 姉キ  would be a very "tough" and "street-like" way to call a sister, e.g in a Yakuza gang -- although in that case it wouldn't make sense for her not to have a Beyblade of her own, nor to act so casual with him), then she's Hiruta's elder sister.
Unexpected plot twist!
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:23 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: I've been told that apparently his full name is Makoto Hiruta, however I've been inspecting my manga and found nothing... still, it wouldn't make sense if his name wasn't Makoto, so I guess this time they're right.

Tongue_out

Anyway, they talked about Zephyr but...it doesn't look like Neptune Armed Zephyr, so probably is some kind of "evolution"? They have some sort of similarities (the purple details morover).
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:35 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: Tongue_out

Anyway, they talked about Zephyr but...it doesn't look like Neptune Armed Zephyr, so probably is some kind of "evolution"? They have some sort of similarities (the purple details morover).

It seems to be just a generic blade, although it looks to have Nine as the disc?
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:35 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: Tongue_out

Maybe they aren't referring to the Driver, but the Layer of the Bey. Zephyr could be the name of this Beyblade, meaning the Layer is Zephyr. It's odd to refer to just the driver of a Bey.

Could we potentially get this released nice people at TAKARA TOMY for your sins against this community ;3;
His name is Makoto Hiruta and there is proof, clearly, so why do you need to see it? That is what I meant by animemanga.worldbeyblade.org having all the known data on the characters in the original version: all the names are there and you can trust them.

And the way they wrote Zepher is completely different to how Zephyr is written... Trust why marutti wrote it as Zepher.
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:23 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Yes, apparently it's how I could read it as well.
I've been told that apparently his full name is Makoto Hiruta, however I've been inspecting my manga and found nothing... still, it wouldn't make sense if his name wasn't Makoto, so I guess this time they're right. I still wish to see it with my own eyes, but I guess this page is enough proof on its own.
Too bad that by translating we also miss all the honorifics, so we miss all the brotherly related details. 

As far as I know, 姉キ aneki means "older sister", and in a very respectful way, too. 
So... unless he's still part of the Shell Killers gang (and she could be Kai's sister/cousin now leading them -- considering 姉キ  would be a very "tough" and "street-like" way to call a sister, e.g in a Yakuza gang -- although in that case it wouldn't make sense for her not to have a Beyblade of her own, nor to act so casual with him), then she's Hiruta's elder sister.
Unexpected plot twist!

There's that too, but if I recall correctly, Mariah/Mao also refers to Ray with the honorific -nii, which translates to "brother" when she obviously sees him as something more. And as you mentioned, her being associated with Kai's old teammate just triggered another warning signal. The way I see it, Hiruta is respecting Ayaka as his superior and not as an older sister per se; she clearly doesn't look like someone who's going to lay down and take orders from a character like him - she's going to be his superior and expect to be treated as such (as seen when she takes his beyblade without permission, and he doesn't throw as much as a fit as I assume he should have.) Or maybe I'm just being paranoid? If she really is Hiruta's sister, then I applaud Aoki for relieving me of this stress, but until there's a more concrete confirmation on their exact relationship, I'm just not sure about what's going on right now other than it seems all too likely that Ayaka is going to be Kai's sister/cousin/relative. Whatever it is, there goes the lone-wolf image that makes Kai, Kai.

Geez, this whole thing is bringing out the pessimism in me. I wonder if Takao Aoki gets a kick out of seeing his readers flip out speculate over this? And correct me if I'm wrong, but is Aoki done with Ayaka's story? Usually he adds a "to be continued" at the end, but it just says "end" after the last panel. Here's to hoping Rising Chapter 4 isn't going to take another two months to be released...
(Apr. 15, 2017  8:19 PM)TheBlackDevil Wrote: There's that too, but if I recall correctly, Mariah/Mao also refers to Ray with the honorific -nii, which translates to "brother" when she obviously sees him as something more. And as you mentioned, her being associated with Kai's old teammate just triggered another warning signal. The way I see it, Hiruta is respecting Ayaka as his superior and not as an older sister per se; she clearly doesn't look like someone who's going to lay down and take orders from a character like him - she's going to be his superior and expect to be treated as such (as seen when she takes his beyblade without permission, and he doesn't throw as much as a fit as I assume he should have.) Or maybe I'm just being paranoid? If she really is Hiruta's sister, then I applaud Aoki for relieving me of this stress, but until there's a more concrete confirmation on their exact relationship, I'm just not sure about what's going on right now other than it seems all too likely that Ayaka is going to be Kai's sister/cousin/relative. Whatever it is, there goes the lone-wolf image that makes Kai, Kai.

Geez, this whole thing is bringing out the pessimism in me. I wonder if Takao Aoki gets a kick out of seeing his readers flip out speculate over this?

Correct, but she has every reason to call him "brother", since the three of them (Rai, Rei and Mao), if it wasn't clear enough from the Japanese dub, are not just "nakama" ("comrades, friends"), but "kyoudai" ("siblings"), ever since they were newborns.
Rai himself specified this in the manga, which only added to how obviously the three of them are more than just a group of best friends considering the two boys' dynamic and constant fighting to get the title, both in the anime and the manga. And of course, Mao uses the -nii honorific not just for Rei, but for both Rei and Rai, which we know is her biological brother. We all know she used to see him as something more in the anime, but in the anime itself he also blatantly friendzoned her.
In the manga, Rai is clear: "we're not just comrades: ever since we were newborns we have been raised as siblings" (and you even see them in the same crib!! Mao is the youngest so she'll join them later on).

Ayaka, however, acted just like an older sister would: no need to ask for permission, since I'm the superior one. And the way Hiruta reacted was very much like a younger brother annoyed by his sister's disrespect for his own spaces, yet resigned to his destiny: regardless of what I say, she'll do whatever she pleases, so where's the point? Basically the relationship between me and my younger brother (sorry not sorry, ops?).
It was too much of a lighthearted kind of interaction to be one between a superior expecting to be treated as one and a subordinate. The "Makoto" (where Kai and the rest of the Shell Killers used to refer to him as "Hiruta"), the complaining, and her smile at the end... sorry, I can't get a "neutral" feeling from these two. Especially since they even seem to live together. Poor Hiruta, I feel bad for him, now I need to hug my bro!

Well, if anything, now you know in what kind of hell I've been living for the past 12 years? I said it once, and will never stop saying it: Aoki-sensei is sneaky one and most likely also sadistic. Trust me when I say that by being Kai's fan you're one heck of a lucky lady!

(Apr. 15, 2017  8:19 PM)TheBlackDevil Wrote: And correct me if I'm wrong, but is Aoki done with Ayaka's story? Usually he adds a "to be continued" at the end, but it just says "end" after the last panel. Here's to hoping Rising Chapter 4 isn't going to take another two months to be released...

Nono, you're correct. This thing with Ayaka seems to be over. HOWEVER, Rising was also supposed to be over with Chapter 2, but oh well, sounds like things can always get worse than what they are.
Again, I used to trust Aoki-sensei back in the day, and I only earned a huge kick in the butt by both him and his oh-so-lovely fans. No more!! Better safe than sorry: beware!
(Apr. 15, 2017  7:31 PM)Hato Wrote: Maybe they aren't referring to the Driver, but the Layer of the Bey. Zephyr could be the name of this Beyblade, meaning the Layer is Zephyr. It's odd to refer to just the driver of a Bey.

Could we potentially get this released nice people at TAKARA TOMY for your sins against this community ;3;

haha I said that because it was the only "Zephyr" that I know :)

(Apr. 15, 2017  8:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: His name is Makoto Hiruta and there is proof, clearly, so why do you need to see it? That is what I meant by animemanga.worldbeyblade.org having all the known data on the characters in the original version: all the names are there and you can trust them.

And the way they wrote Zepher is completely different to how Zephyr is written... Trust why marutti wrote it as Zepher.

Ah ok, so the right name is Zepher, I read only Hellena's translation so I missed marutti's one :D
From what we saw in the bit...
[Image: GhEDjiF.png]
...can we tell that it depicts something like a butterfly? A shuriken or a flower? Or a flower-shuriken maybe? ROTFL

About the Rei/Mao diatribe...aren't we going too much into fanboyism/fangirlism?
What I mean is basically: Isn't Beyblade supposed to be something to taste with more lightheartedness? So IMHO we don't have to go too much into this kind of question about romance couple and other trivial matters :)
Mao was never "friendzoned", after all in the first narrative arc they are just kids, come on!
Can't we just talk about everything regarding beyblade peacefully? Without trying to impose one's beliefs to others :D

About Ayaka...I agree with TheBlackDevil, Hiruta seems to respect Ayaka as a boss, but they don't share similar physical traits so unlikely they are blood-related. Instead she could be blood-related with Kai.
Refering to people by their surnames (e.g. Makoto, Kinomiya) is definitely something that Kai is known for. However, he usually leaves it to those he respects the most, so Ayaka doing the same for someone lowly like Hiruta is somewhat different.
Aoki Takao will make a seemingly first real, scheduled appearance to sign autographs on May 21st for CoroCoro's 40th anniversary, probably at Tokyo Sky Tree.
http://www.corocoro.tv/coro40/index.html

(And Hiro Morita will be there on May 20th. Everyone is just ignoring Adachi Takafumi again... Who cares that he was the author of the longest running Beyblade series, right?)
(Apr. 15, 2017  3:21 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Thanks, Caos! I was actually checking in the manga since I don't trust Wikis at all, but I couldn't find his full name, I only found "Hiruta". Welp, the more I know! I'll be looking out for that with more attention, now.

On a different note I Think hiruta's beyblade was called Zephyr in the original japanese manga. I remember this from the old Crisis conversations about different Changes.
(Apr. 16, 2017  5:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Aoki Takao will make a seemingly first real, scheduled appearance to sign autographs on May 21st for CoroCoro's 40th anniversary, probably at Tokyo Sky Tree.
http://www.corocoro.tv/coro40/index.html

(And Hiro Morita will be there on May 20th. Everyone is just ignoring Adachi Takafumi again... Who cares that he was the author of the longest running Beyblade series, right?)
No TakaFumi Adachi ? to Be honest I would Ignore Hira Morita And Aoki Takao For Takafumi Adachi ! So he is not coming hah ? Haven't really seen his autographed stuff much actually. I wish I could meet him Though !
Friendly reminder that "Makoto" is his name, and "Hiruta" is his surname. Ayaka is the first person so far calling him by name.

[Image: txXnrTy.png]
(Apr. 16, 2017  12:53 PM)Burst Wrote: No TakaFumi Adachi ? to Be honest I would Ignore Hira Morita And Aoki Takao For Takafumi Adachi ! So he is not coming hah ? Haven't really seen his autographed stuff much actually. I wish I could meet him Though !

Takafumi Adachi's available on DeviantArt and Tumblr! He actually interacts with fans and will answer any question or comment you have, and he's drawn others' OCs if they supported him on Patreon - it's really cool, and I respect him a lot for reaching out like that. I personally wish Takao Aoki would do the same. :)

EDIT: I'll add the links here so that you guys can check it out. I mostly recommend asking questions/posting comments either on his Deviantart or Tumblr.
(Apr. 16, 2017  3:01 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Friendly reminder that "Makoto" is his name, and "Hiruta" is his surname. Ayaka is the first person so far calling him by name.

[Image: txXnrTy.png]

I know this may be off topic, but I'm glad to see that there's a screenshot of the raw BSB manga!
I'm not sure why you pointed to each character in 蛭田 individually since together they're read as Hiruta. The "M." in the second image is more telling, if anything. Anyway, here's chapters 2 and 3.

[Image: 2dPj1Si.jpg]

[Image: O2r3Q9l.jpg]

And an imgur gallery of all three: http://imgur.com/a/Knu4W
I normally wouldn't have Mao say "Rei-nii" since I prefer to axe honorifics of any kind in my translations, but I figured here it's important for the context and I really didn't want to think of a workaround, haha.
(Apr. 24, 2017  7:01 PM)Siliva Wrote: I'm not sure why you pointed to each character in 蛭田 individually since together they're read as Hiruta. The "M." in the second image is more telling, if anything. 

I normally wouldn't have Mao say "Rei-nii" since I prefer to axe honorifics of any kind in my translations, but I figured here it's important for the context and I really didn't want to think of a workaround, haha.

Ah no lol I was not pointing at the two different characters, those were two random arrows pointing at the name itself from different angles xD I didn't notice it'd come off like that until now, oops?

To be fair, I personally wish translators kept honorifics more frequently: they tend to make things way clearer especially when it comes to the relationships between characters! Thanks for the translation!!
Thank you Siliva, I definitely don't like Ayaka and I hope these mini-stories are more about Mao becoming a strong female Blader which it does look like they are going for that.
[Image: takaoraykaimax.jpg]

Ooh am I sensing an update where all four Bladebreakers will reunite?
Now that's a cool art!!!
Looks like Takao Aoki is really into his old characters. That makes all of us happy! Grin

Thanks for sharing, TheBlackDevil. Joyful_3
It is cool to see Aoki consistently updating his website with new Bakuten Shoot artwork. I remember periodically checking his site from like 2006-2008 in hopes of SOMETHING new but alas...there never was. Fingers crossed that we'll eventually get an OVA. Would love to hear the Japanese cast reprise their roles.