Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

Still can't believe this is happening. Although, everything's been getting a reboot lately.
(Jul. 07, 2016  3:54 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: So we cannot critique on someone's art of the characters just because he hasn't done it in years? Okay...

Besides, people were only critiquing the way Max was drawn (no one was really complaining). If you like the art of the characters, that's fine but don't expect something to be sugarcoated just because Aoki hasn't drawn the characters for years.

No.. Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion. I've just seen many artists come back to characters they used to do in the past from other works and it hasn't been as great as it was in the past. Didn't intend to sound offensive. That's just a thing I've seen happen numerous times. Thought i would point it out is all.
(Jul. 07, 2016  1:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually a new comic book will be published on July 15th as well, in Japan, called 爆転シュートベイブレード 1 伝説のベイブレード (Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 1 Densetsu no Beyblade/Legendary Beyblade). It is part of the "My first BIG" series, which may just be republications? The author is still Aoki Takao. I suppose I will order it just to see whether there is anything new at all in it, even though it is 670 yen...

Even if I dont purchase it, I can go to a store and maybe flip through a display copy or something and take photos. Is it a full book? I might need to go to Kinokuniya but there's one in Shinjuku which is covered by my commuter pass.
(Jul. 07, 2016  6:19 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  1:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually a new comic book will be published on July 15th as well, in Japan, called 爆転シュートベイブレード 1 伝説のベイブレード (Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 1 Densetsu no Beyblade/Legendary Beyblade). It is part of the "My first BIG" series, which may just be republications? The author is still Aoki Takao. I suppose I will order it just to see whether there is anything new at all in it, even though it is 670 yen...

Even if I dont purchase it, I can go to a store and maybe flip through a display copy or something and take photos. Is it a full book? I might need to go to Kinokuniya but there's one in Shinjuku which is covered by my commuter pass.

I really doubt the store clerk will allow you to take photographs of the book's content without buying it. I do not know if it is a full book though, the price makes me think that it is a leaftlet almost hah. I already purchased it though, so it should arrive very quickly after the release date.
Thank you Kai-V for all the news!
To be quite honest, ever since the news of something new about Bakuten coming out both thrilled and terrified me. On a side, the original characters making a comeback was great (not so much if it was about the children, imo) but on the other side, I'm confused about what the story is going to be about, especially given the new blades being released.
I'm confused: wouldn't a return of the originals make Burst any less important, even if it's connected to it? Is it a special one-shot chapter/volume, or it's something that is supposed to grow into its own series? Is it a continuation of the manga after GRev (which I fear, even though as stated earlier in this thread a switch from HMS to Burst would be odd) or is it a reboot AU?
What do we know?

So there actually is something going on...? Hope you don't mind me asking what's the "My first BIG" series supposed to be...?

(Jul. 04, 2016  1:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Some Japanese fans seem to be complaining about the placement of Max's head, so that probably does not help hah. A lot more people would like the new designs if the characters had cooler or more neutral positioning in my opinion.

It's not just Max's head's placement, it's also about the folds on Takao's arm, or Kai's stiff inking, or Rei's misplaced shoulder... I have to admit I've been confused, too, mostly because it doesn't look much like what we were used to with Aoki's Beyblade.
Although, as an artist myself, I couldn't help but notice that those are mistakes commonly done when switching from pencil to digital: those seem to be drawings made completely digitally.
I speak from experience, digital and traditional drawings can potentially change an author's drawing style and anatomy skills, especially if new to it.
And Aoki's inking strokes seem to be stiff, as I said, especially on Kai's and Max's.

Takafumi himself, when I contacted him not gonna tell why said that Aoki was considered a senior. Now I have no idea how old Aoki is supposed to be, but it could explain why he's not as "reachable" as Takafumi yet, and his change of style in these digital drawings? (Also the copy-paste yin-yang on Rei's hairband... Eee)
(Jul. 07, 2016  6:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  6:19 PM)Wizard Wrote:

I really doubt the store clerk will allow you to take photographs of the book's content without buying it. I do not know if it is a full book though, the price makes me think that it is a leaftlet almost hah. I already purchased it though, so it should arrive very quickly after the release date.

Heh, idk. They let you stand around in the isles and read manga without buying them, they probably wouldn't even notice I took photos. Manga here are dirt cheap, usually ¥400-¥600, and even cheaper used (I got the Haruhi Suzumiya gag manga for ¥108 per volume, and To Love Ru for ¥200), so the price makes me think it's a full volume. A rerelease is possible, I think Gash Bell, for example, had a semi-recent rerelease.
Will this be only in Japanese?
Yes but we will translate the new chapter as a real top priority as soon as we get our hands on it. Do not worry, everything is planned for you guys to enjoy the new content even if it is only in Japanese at first.
I would lie if I said i'm not very concerned with how this is gonna turn out being the original cast. I'd much rather have it continue with their Children since the story could have been taken in different directions then. With the original cast almost Everything has been done and with a burst crossover they'd either need to change the concept of bit beasts or remove it entirely. It'll be interesting to see where it goes. But i really dont see what to do next if it's a continuation which it probably is if it's as you said aimed at a older audience (that'd not mean burst).
Argh, Breedo, what you're saying is very true! Pinching_eyes_2 Changing the concept of Bit Beasts... could it be the reason why they got the Beasts symbols on their clothing? (Though in Aoki's drawings, Dragoon seems to have the old bit chip, before the HMS switch...)

If it's something aimed at an older audience (not Burst), though, what would be the point of releasing Burst versions of the original S versions? Unless it's an AU or a modern reboot, Burst is placed way further in the timeline than Bakuten... unless it's just a "special" one-shot thing which will turn into a cameo in an eventual episode/OVA/live action...?
Even if there's not a burst crossover i'd Think they'd wanna make Money off of the show by Selling beyblades. If the new chapter is gonna be aimed at a older audience like stated, then beyblade sales are not gonna be as great. Remember we had many beyblades that were sold but never appeared in the anime, this might surprise u guys but the original beyblade have actually risen in popularity a lot especially in india. It was not long ago if i remember correctly that G revolution appeared on the front page of Youtube when u searched for beyblade.

I guess we should Think in terms of Money, if they use the original cast they'd wanna make Money both of the original fans and the new ones. The future burst fans would not care if the old cast came back cause they don't know who they are to the same extent. I personally Think it'd been smarter to wait out to do a series focusing on the blade breakers kids rather then the original cast themselves cause u could sell it to two audiences.

I Think the original fans will be very sceptical to a crossover or the two universes co-existing. For one the burst characters seem far more weaker then the original cast when we last saw them. Maybe they are planning to run two shows at once I dont know, one long one to bring in new fans then one starts shorter bringing the older fans then at the same time making a profit releasing burst beyblades from that show from the younger audience that might check it out.

Just a suggestion... It's all very confusing to me and I don't know what to Think maybe they wanna get the new fans to check out the old show so they can continue it. and have both audiences merge into one. I Think it's fun theorizing, personally I'd as a businessman wanted to sell it to all the fans but the kids would be the biggest profit.
Honestly as an old fan, to me it would be better to be introduced to the new show by the original characters rather than their kids. To be fair, presenting me to a series involving their kids would be the quickest way to make me back out again one extra chapter was enough, thank you very much.

Since afaik the main target audience is supposed to be kids and not adults, I personally believe it'd be a smarter move to introduce a cameo of the old characters we grew up with (i.e. Legolas in The Hobbit trilogy after Lord of the Rings even though it only brought disaster over the franchise), so that we can get closer to the new show and give it a chance unlike what happened with MFB, in which the fanbase changed quite abruptly.
Give me the kids, I back out. I've been overjoyed to hear Aoki-sensei kept and restyled my old faves. Hopefully he won't turn it into cheesy pseudo-romance stuff, because that's not what Beyblade is supposed to be about.

Besides... what kind of smart move could it be to run two shows at once? Of course the OG would steal the spotlight, it'd be quite unfair for poor Morita-sensei who barely started.
This conversation seems a bit strange to me as it's describing things that don't appear to be happening. Here's what we know:

- Beyblade Burst is primarily aimed at kids ages 6–11 — NOT adults or previous fans
- During the launch of Beyblade Burst, Takara-Tomy ran a campaign on Twitter promoting nostalgia of the older plastics series
- We are getting one new chapter of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga featuring the old characters
- We are also likely getting Burst re-releases of the S-series Beyblades, arguably the most iconic of the original plastics series

And ... that's it. No news on a crossover or anything like that. I think we should be lenient on what we expect in terms of justification in-universe for these events. It's just meant to be a fun throwback for older fans, and to make some money along the way; I don't think there's anything else to read into it.
Quote:- Beyblade Burst is primarily aimed at kids ages 6–11 — NOT adults or previous fans

I was referring to this qoute in the original post "new Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga chapter will be published in this month's CoroCoro Aniki, meant for an older audience than CoroCoro" meaning the new chapter is targetted at the original audience which is interesting. And I agree with your notion that we shouldn't expect more then what is already official. As you said.

Quote:. No news on a crossover or anything like that. I think we should be lenient on what we expect in terms of justification in-universe for these events. It's just meant to be a fun throwback for older fans, and to make some money along the way; I don't think there's anything else to read into it.

You are right but at the same time this news makes you at least wonder, if it's targetted at the original fans isn't making it just one chapter kinda strange? I mean the original fans waited a long time for these characters to do some form of comeback, nothing can really happen in just one chapter unless it's a prelude to something bigger. Honestly BSB have been gone for a long time, what would be the Point of doing a single chapter of the old characters just popping in to say hi when the show already ended. I Think the original fans would be highly dissappointed if that was all it was about. Like one chapter it'd not be fun it'd just be seeing the old characters for the sake of seeing them again which is why I Think it is justified for us to at least throw out a few theories.

I understand why you don't agree with us but I am curious to know exactly who is behind this idea, BSB is not exactly having a anniversary or anything. So you could at least consider the possibility that they are trying the Waters out. As I mentioned India are currently largely more into BSB then any other country, there was even talk of something like a indian dub of v force. If there's some Company behind the idea of this chapter it's not about giving a appeasement to the fans but there's Another angle somewhere in this.

I don't know what it is, it could be literally anything or nothing but it makes no sense to do just a single chapter if the objective is to appease the fans OR make money. I am even doubtful how much Money u can even make off a chapter only based on the fact that the blade breakers are in it and no new story.

Something is very strange about this whole set up and I think many people will agree with me.
I'm pretty confident there will be more than just one chapter. I could even see it running trimonthly for a while, actually. Guess we'll find out for sure soon.
I agree with both Breedo and Paper Lung... this sudden comeback sounds very weird, unless it's some marketing way to get the older fans interested into Burst. Besides, the fact that it's supposedly targeted to the old audience makes me feel very worried about the content: adult oriented Beyblade? What? Uh, no thanks Chocked_2

(Jul. 09, 2016  8:49 PM)Breedo Wrote: This news makes you at least wonder, if it's targetted at the original fans isn't making it just one chapter kinda strange? I mean the original fans waited a long time for these characters to do some form of comeback, nothing can really happen in just one chapter unless it's a prelude to something bigger. Honestly BSB have been gone for a long time, what would be the point of doing a single chapter of the old characters just popping in to say hi when the show already ended? I think the original fans would be highly dissappointed if that was all it was about.

Agree, agree, agree and... disagree. As a fan I would be way more disappointed with a full comeback, especially with Burst just rising. As much as I love BSB, it had a beginning, a development and a sad conclusion. What else could there be? For the sake of storytelling it's never wise to get back a completed series after so long for money... look at DragonBall Super's huge dip in quality, or The Hobbit's poor attempt to get Legolas' old fans back after the Lord of the Rings. Nu-huh, bad idea. But a wink at the old fans? Sure, bring it on!

Though I'm most likely just going to be the black sheep of the herd, so.

(Jul. 09, 2016  9:28 PM)Paper Lung Wrote: I'm pretty confident there will be more than just one chapter.

That's exactly what I fear, also given what information has been given out by Takafumi. I still wonder what will be of Morita's work, though. Or BSB's original, child-like spirit.
(Jul. 07, 2016  4:27 AM)Paper Lung Wrote: Still can't believe this is happening. Although, everything's been getting a reboot lately.
True dat.First MW now dis.Sign from me that... people r running out of ideas.

....JK
(Jul. 09, 2016  11:32 PM)Shu Kurenai Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  4:27 AM)Paper Lung Wrote: Still can't believe this is happening. Although, everything's been getting a reboot lately.
True dat.First MW now dis.Sign from me that... people r running out of ideas.

....JK
Heh. Preying on people's nostalgia can be quite profitable.
Quote:Agree, agree, agree and... disagree. As a fan I would be way more disappointed with a full comeback, especially with Burst just rising. As much as I love BSB, it had a beginning, a development and a sad conclusion. What else could there be? For the sake of storytelling it's never wise to get back a completed series after so long for money... look at DragonBall Super's huge dip in quality, or The Hobbit's poor attempt to get Legolas' old fans back after the Lord of the Rings. Nu-huh, bad idea. But a wink at the old fans? Sure, bring it on!

Though I'm most likely just going to be the black sheep of the herd, so.

Again I am worried with a full on comeback and all the things that could have gone wrong, I was probably the first one to Point out the potential flaws and how you could have written yourself into a corner.

I get why you would have hated the idea of the story continuing with their kids, like but at the end of the day whether any new stuff coming or not I Think the approach it will be awful is just as extreme as the idea that it will definitely be great. Both of these are bad approaches, personally I feel I'm mature enough that if I dont like the new stuff i'll just ignore it and not consider it a official continuation.

I will at least give it a chance and there are plot Points i'd consider interesting if it happened. Consider this aspect for example, remember the brotherhood mentioned during the Saint Shields arc. How about doing something going back to the roots of beyblading with some evil occult organization. I am still interested in the ancient history of the bit beasts which was never fully explored, and if we could maybe have it explored that there was a purpose for them all coming together. Another fun idea was what if there was a larger secret society type organization at play controlling like boris and stuff in the original. It'd work with both the anime and the manga.

That way you'd get a overlaying theme for the entire story and if it was a more developed and prepared enemy it could take the story in a different direction. Like a beyblade war or something. For the anime I never felt Brooklyns Power was fully explained and it seemed to be more to it, it was even foreshadowed there could be more such people out there being born knowing how to beyblade.

That'd be a really lethal threat if u Think about it, a Group of Brooklyn level bladers or above in a all out war against the blade breakers. Oh well I'm just throwing an idea in here. I personally just saying a continuation could be cool. But i personally don't want a repeat of the same old stuff.
Apparently the chapter is going to feature a battle between Takao and Rei. I just hope that for them to make this distinction, it means that other chapters are planned and they would show matches between different characters, in the future...
Double-post but very interesting information:

But does it make sense? I mean Beyblade takes place from 2000 to 2003, the Metal Saga takes place from 2010 to 2012, ZeroG takes place in 2019 and Burst takes place in 2020 but that´s all just my guessing.
No, Metal Fight Beyblade did not happen in a specific time period. Only Bakuten Shoot Beyblade is bound by years, since it was litterally called Beyblade 2001, Beyblade 2002, etc.

And no matter, the characters just seem to skip beat and suddenly won Burst versions of their S-series Beyblades right after G Revolution without any explanation. It is almost better this way, instead of making them act clueless and the whole chapter being a guide to Burst instead of an actal new chapter in the story like all the fans want.
Oh, this looks very interesting! Can't wait for the translation of the scans!
(Jul. 13, 2016  8:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, Metal Fight Beyblade did not happen in a specific time period. Only Bakuten Shoot Beyblade is bound by years, since it was litterally called Beyblade 2001, Beyblade 2002, etc.

And no matter, the characters just seem to skip beat and suddenly won Burst versions of their S-series Beyblades right after G Revolution without any explanation. It is almost better this way, instead of making them act clueless and the whole chapter being a guide to Burst instead of an actal new chapter in the story like all the fans want.

But Beyblade Metal Fury takes place in 2012 before the 20th of December and ZeroG takes place 7 years after that. That´s why I said that Metal Fusion takes place in 2010 and Metal Masters in 2011. Additionally everything in Burst looks slightly more technological advanced. That´s why I think that Burst takes place at least in 2020. But that´s all just my speculation. Smile