Bakugan: Big Time Anime these days!

(May. 10, 2009  3:15 PM)Khel Wrote: Supposedly there is a brand new set. They brought them back to life late last year.

I haven't seen them in stores here. But then again, I never saw the Pogs re-launch in stores either. Which explains why the Pogs relaunch went out as quietly as it came in.
(May. 10, 2009  3:18 PM)Khel Wrote: Holy carp man I just realized that you're the admin for that site?!

Burst out laughing. XD

Am I? LOL

I was in Toys R Us yesterday and there were like four different sections for Bakugan ... it was bizarre. At least they can keep the things in stock now, it seems.
Yeah, and I can't find any DragonBall (be it DBE, or just DB/Z/GT) figures in Toys R Us. Yet they stock Guitar Hero toys.
(May. 10, 2009  3:22 PM)To Wrote: Yeah, and I can't find any DragonBall (be it DBE, or just DB/Z/GT) figures in Toys R Us. Yet they stock Guitar Hero toys.

thanks for the on-topic post buddy!!
(May. 10, 2009  3:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Am I? LOL

I was in Toys R Us yesterday and there were like four different sections for Bakugan ... it was bizarre. At least they can keep the things in stock now, it seems.

Usually a sign that it's going to die of soon. Happens to every Japanese fad.
Who's the Admin for that site?!
Thanks for continuing the slide Brad!

So I hear there is a new Bakugan show. Is it as bland and dull as the first?

And lulz, I found Beyblades continually in stock in stores here for years before the line was axed.
(May. 10, 2009  3:29 PM)Khel Wrote: Usually a sign that it's going to die of soon. Happens to every Japanese fad.

It is ... it's unfortunate, then, that they're preparing a big brand boom soon. I wonder how successful that will manage to be.
I mean look at Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Beyblade. When Supply was unable to keep up with demand the popularity was at it's highest. Once it became relatively easy to get them demand tapered off and then either became a constant growth situation (Pokemon, Yugioh) or pretty much died off completely (Digimon and unfortunately Beyblade). Of course I am speaking about NA, Japan is a different market.

We'll see about their brand boom; it may even break the norm. Difficult, but possible nonetheless.
Well they have a movie planned, I'm sure that'll boost them somewhat. Does Spin Masters have organized play at all?

Bakugan is a weird case anyways. It was created by a man from New York, picked up by a Canadian toy company who then got SEGA in Japan to distribute the toys in Asia. Spin Masters then got Nelvana to make them a series. From what I've gathered too, the thing is not really popular in Japan.
I guess they have better taste then. I was unaware it was such a hybrid of interests.
(May. 10, 2009  3:36 PM)To Wrote: Bakugan is a weird case anyways. It was created by a man from New York, picked up by a Canadian toy company who then got SEGA in Japan to distribute the toys in Asia. Spin Masters then got Nelvana to make them a series. From what I've gathered too, the thing is not really popular in Japan.

Wow, is that so!? That's pretty interesting. Also, as far as I know, there really isn't any organized play.
You are soo right Khel!
(May. 10, 2009  3:38 PM)Khel Wrote: I guess they have better taste then. I was unaware it was such a hybrid of interests.

I read it in one of our National newspapers, it was either the Globe, or the Post. Can't remember which. They interviewed some one from Spin Masters who said they basically just looked at what previous companies did, and emulated that.
(May. 10, 2009  3:46 PM)To Wrote: I read it in one of our National newspapers, it was either the Globe, or the Post. Can't remember which. They interviewed some one from Spin Masters who said they basically just looked at what previous companies did, and emulated that.

really? I read the Globe and the Post every day, I guess I missed it. I would have remembered if I had seen it.
(May. 10, 2009  3:59 PM)Khel Wrote: really? I read the Globe and the Post every day, I guess I missed it. I would have remembered if I had seen it.

It was before Spin Masters launched the series in the US, so I think maybe late 2007, early 2008. I saw it online a few months back.
the more taht i think about it the more see that bakugan might be becoming the new yugioh or pokemon, i dont really like the game its kinda boring because its like playing marbles with one part of it weighing more than the other and you could go an hour until you actually have a so called battle, its like pokemon and yugioh had a kid who's success is unknown, i regret even buying one of the packs of them ( no ofense to anyone who likes to paly it) now they even are making new ones that arent even marbles, what would you do just drop them, whats the point of that?
(May. 11, 2009  2:26 AM)Rustin Wrote: the more taht i think about it the more see that bakugan might be becoming the new yugioh or pokemon, i dont really like the game its kinda boring because its like playing marbles with one part of it weighing more than the other and you could go an hour until you actually have a so called battle, its like pokemon and yugioh had a kid who's success is unknown, i regret even buying one of the packs of them ( no ofense to anyone who likes to paly it) now they even are making new ones that arent even marbles, what would you do just drop them, whats the point of that?

haha. I have 14 Bakugan, and I have to agree. The figures themselves should be more round. When playing on a very smooth surface they won't roll. JUst slide and stop when they hit the edge of a gate card. The game needs some Improvements.
(May. 10, 2009  3:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Am I? LOL

Some of the most priceless posts ever made on here, but anyway.
To think that beyblade used to be like that.
Bakugan is the biggest waste of plastic since the furby.
I thought the first episode of the anime was freaking hilarious though, slow motion pudding XD
So yeah, funny stuff, but I won't be buying the deformed child of yu-gi-oh and marbles.
(May. 20, 2009  11:59 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Some of the most priceless posts ever made on here, but anyway.
To think that beyblade used to be like that.
Bakugan is the biggest waste of plastic since the furby.
I thought the first episode of the anime was freaking hilarious though, slow motion pudding XD
So yeah, funny stuff, but I won't be buying the deformed child of yu-gi-oh and marbles.

I happened to like the furby. It was a great conversation starter, especially when it learned words from my dad's friend who liked to say...inappropriate...things.
I wish I still had mine. Good times...
*hits Ebay*
(May. 21, 2009  4:19 AM)fragbait Wrote: I happened to like the furby. It was a great conversation starter, especially when it learned words from my dad's friend who liked to say...inappropriate...things.
I wish I still had mine. Good times...
*hits Ebay*

...whats a furby?
(May. 21, 2009  4:42 AM)BladeBee Wrote: ...whats a furby?

JUST GOOGLE IT GOD DAMN IT

A craze that's older than you... God, now I feel REALLY old.
My furby was so nice and pretty. He even had a nice name. Dan-Lo-La. I love the name Dan.
My brothers was so sickly though......it arrived with a cold and it was always coughing and stuff. I think it was called Coco or something. Creepy little thing.

Surely you would have heard of it before, even if you are young.

(May. 21, 2009  11:43 AM)Rocky Wrote: My furby was so nice and pretty. He even had a nice name. Dan-Lo-La. I love the name Dan.
My brothers was so sickly though......it arrived with a cold and it was always coughing and stuff. I think it was called Coco or something. Creepy little thing.

Chocked_2

Isn't this thread suppose to be about Bakugan and not those ugly fluffy things. Dieddead only used them as an expample which I can agree with him on what he said.