Bakugan: Big Time Anime these days!

Brad and the rest of the staff, I beg you to never, ever close this. Sticky it if you could. It's just that damn good
(Jan. 26, 2009  12:40 AM)Evan Wrote: Brad and the rest of the staff, I beg you to never, ever close this. Sticky it if you could. It's just that damn good

done
This thread is the definition of priceless. I have never played the game, I only saw 1 episode on youtube, and I was not that impressed. But hey to each his own
i REALLY REALLY wanted to like the game because i've been trying to find a decent toy battling game since beyblade died out domestically, but god damn does it suck
(Jan. 25, 2009  11:59 PM)Litrid Wrote: Bakugan is as bad as Duel Masters

Don't be dissin' DM like that. It's not dead, either it's going on strong.
BDaman is the most rubbishist Anime I ever saw in my whole entire life.
(Jan. 24, 2009  11:33 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I don't think Bakugan has any relation with beyblade except Nelvana. and people will stop playing the game soon, the series is almost over. >>
That's incorrect, a movie is coming out in theaters and in Spring a new season is being released.
(Jan. 25, 2009  12:11 AM)Ryuuga BB Ruler Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2009  12:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: what is wrong with you

What u mean what is wrong with me, u think I am some child rapist or something because I am not, I am 15 year old

LOL hahahahhahahhahahahhahah
Is this thread wanting to close down bakugan or something?

I was soooo tempted to get some bakugan but then i thought "will it continue to stay as popular as the pokemon and yugioh TCG's?"
My answer is no.
(Feb. 03, 2009  11:12 PM)neek_alert Wrote: Is this thread wanting to close down bakugan or something?

I was soooo tempted to get some bakugan but then i thought "will it continue to stay as popular as the pokemon and yugioh TCG's?"
My answer is no.

thats exactly what i thought

i wonder how yugioh managed to stay popular.. i mean come on. monsters dont come out of cards
Neither did they on Pokémon cards Uncertain
I rekon Yu-Gi-Oh's still going because it was the first major anime based around a TCG, the rest that followed just looked like they were copying so they failed.
'Dunno about pokemon, everyone just got caught in the craze of collecting and swaping. I still buy an odd booster here and there but don't pay close attention to it, there must be some avid fans out there of it though.
Yeah, I have a friend who had a friend who plays the Pokemon TCG, I just think the game is confusing though so I just like collecting the cards.
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:48 AM)Krys Wrote: Yeah, I have a friend who had a friend who plays the Pokemon TCG, I just think the game is confusing though so I just like collecting the cards.

i used to play the pokemon tcg and it's really simple :pwn:
(Feb. 04, 2009  8:32 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I rekon Yu-Gi-Oh's still going because it was the first major anime based around a TCG, the rest that followed just looked like they were copying so they failed.
'Dunno about pokemon, everyone just got caught in the craze of collecting and swaping. I still buy an odd booster here and there but don't pay close attention to it, there must be some avid fans out there of it though.

There is, at my local comic shop over the summer there was a rather large tournament
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:48 AM)Krys Wrote: Yeah, I have a friend who had a friend who plays the Pokemon TCG, I just think the game is confusing though so I just like collecting the cards.

It's probably cause I'm use to the rules back when I played with my older brother when I was like...7 or 8, when they had a Pokemon TCG video game :pwn:
I never played competitively so now whenever I try to play I get really confused. That's probably just my brain now working at all.
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

We found it so hard I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.......I had (and still do have somewhere) a load of cards and we did play but by our own rules. No-one ever knew how it really worked.......
No scarcasm, the Pokemon TCG was insanely simple.
I had a good 6 or 7 decks when I played.

It's one of the easiest TCGs to learn I'd say.
Wow........I'll have to go back and read the rules again sometime. D: Maybe it'll be easier now I'm older.......
(Feb. 06, 2009  6:16 PM)Crimson Wrote: No scarcasm, the Pokemon TCG was insanely simple.
I had a good 6 or 7 decks when I played.

It's one of the easiest TCGs to learn I'd say.

agreed, i played pretty competitively and had 2 or 3 decks (though i pretty much constantly used my haymaker)
I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like in year 3... I had 3-4 decks... but now I stopped collecting them.
(Feb. 08, 2009  6:33 PM)KidTala Wrote: I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like in year 3... I had 3-4 decks... but now I stopped collecting them.

I used to in Year 5, had one of those Dueldisks. I loved that Dueldisk...
(Jan. 24, 2009  9:22 PM)KidTala Wrote: The point is that we have to spread beyblade more and Bakugan is taking the miky out of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade and Digimon.

You should really stop,People have a choice of their favorite game/tv show and stuff.If people like bakugan that is not your problem,If it Defeats beyblade..So be it,Imagine your the creator of bakugan,Your on top but then bam because of a website you lost all the glory you worked hard for,I am not saying that Bakugan should be on top but if becomes to be on top,Let it.
Holy carp bakugan is worse than I thought.

I just watched an episode for the first time. The character art is kind of cool, but everything beyond that is really boring.

I played the game before the show came out here, one of the people who works for YTV goes to anime cons and big cosplay events, he had a battle arena starter set and was trying to get some input on it from anime fans. The concept behind the game, and the characters/monsters are pretty cool, but the actual game play is seriously lacking. I was pretty shocked to find out how popular the game became. I think the proof is in the pudding- that advertising works, and young boys don't care what they're playing as long as it involves, action, monsters, and some sort of collectible game/toy.
Ah I stopped collecting Yu-Gi- Oh! cards around a year ago. I had around 1,100 cards last i counted.