[BSC] Kraken K4 Discussion

Hi everyone! Recently, I bought the Hasbro exclusive Kraken K4 and Ogre O4, and have decided to test them against a bunch of Classic combos to see if they could potentially be unbanned in the Burst Classic format. Check out the official video here ->

Just based on its shape, Kraken looks like it could be a good Defense/Stamina hybrid, and it seems to have decent slopes just from trying it on several different combos.

Kraken K4 Heavy Survive vs Neptune Knuckle Revolve
K4.H.S: 4 wins (all OS)
N.K.R: 6 wins (5 OS, 1 burst)
1 tie redone
K4.H.S win rate: 40%

Generally, whichever Beyblade was launched second would win, though Neptune would usually win by a larger margin than Kraken. Kraken also didn't show too much potential as a Burst Attacker either, it struggled to make my worn Neptune skip one tooth, and even self bursted once.

Kraken K4 Heavy Survive vs Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Quick'
K4.H.S: 7 wins (all OS)
V2.K.Qc': 13 wins (7 KO, 6 burst)
1 tie redone
K4.H.S win rate: 35%

It surprisingly didn't get destroyed on a plastic Stamina Driver like something like A2 or Deathscyther would be, but wasn't terribly difficult to deal with.

Kraken K4 Gravity Orbit vs Odin Heavy Defense
K4.G.O: 4 wins (all OS)
O.H.D: 16 wins (12 OS, 1 KO, 3 burst)
K4.G.O win rate: 20%

Kraken K4 Gravity Orbit vs Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Quick'
K4.G.O: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 KO)
V2.K.Qc': 12 wins (7 KO, 5 burst)
K4.G.O win rate: 40%

Kraken K4 Gravity Orbit vs Valtyrek Heavy Needle
K4.G.O: 7 wins (all OS)
V.H.N: 13 wins (1 OS, 6 KO, 6 burst)
K4.G.O win rate: 35%

Kraken K4 Gravity Orbit vs Dragoon F Polish Absorb
K4.G.O: 0 wins
DgF.P.Ab: 10 wins (8 OS, 2 burst)
2 ties redone
K4.G.0 winrate: 0% :(

Aside from being a little easier to burst than I would have thought, it didn't perform very differently from most other Stamina/Defense Layers on Orbit.

Kraken K4 Heavy Unite vs Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Quick'
K4.H.U: 11 wins (7 OS, 2 KO, 2 burst)
V2.K.Qc': 9 wins (5 KO, 4 burst)
K4.H.U win rate: 55%

The numbers don't really show it since my Hasbro Unite isn't fully worn to its prime, and will sometimes move aggressively, causing it to KOed more easily, but Kraken is a top tier KO Defense Layer. I did a few rounds with V2 on the Yamiterios Xteme' (the one with MSUV rubber) and there were times when V2 would give Kraken a direct hit and it just wouldn't move.

Kraken K4 Gravity Xtreme vs Neptune Knuckle Revolve
K4.G.X: 2 wins (all KO)
N.K.R: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 KO)
K4.G.X winrate: 20%

I didn't think it was going to be very good at KO Attack, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Kraken seems to suffer the same problem with being sliding shot that I mention having with bL here, and the few times the hits did connect they didn't do much to Neptune at all. Both of the KOs were pretty slight push KOs.

So in conclusion, Kraken seems like a pretty average Layer on most Stamina setups, but where it really seems to shine is on a KO Defense setup. I'd be interested to see someone else test it on Octa for a weight-based KO Defense combo, since Hasbro doesn't have access to Bite or Keep. But any tests regarding Kraken K4, or any of the other Turbo Dual Layers is welcome since we know pretty much nothing about them.
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:00 PM)Wombat Wrote: Hi everyone! Recently, I bought the Hasbro exclusive Kraken K4 and Ogre O4, and have decided to test them against a bunch of Classic combos to see if they could potentially be unbanned in the Burst Classic format. Check out the official video here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxF1lztH2o

Just based on its shape, Kraken looks like it could be a good Defense/Stamina hybrid, and it seems to have decent slopes just from trying it on several different combos.

1 tie redone

Generally, whichever Beyblade was launched second would win, though Neptune would usually win by a larger margin than Kraken. Kraken also didn't show too much potential as a Burst Attacker either, it struggled to make my worn Neptune skip one tooth, and even self bursted once.

1 tie redone

It surprisingly didn't get destroyed on a plastic Stamina Driver like something like A2 or Deathscyther would be, but wasn't terribly difficult to deal with.

2 ties redone
K4.G.0 winrate: 0% Unhappy

Aside from being a little easier to burst than I would have thought, it didn't perform very differently from most other Stamina/Defense Layers on Orbit.

The numbers don't really show it since my Hasbro Unite isn't fully worn to its prime, and will sometimes move aggressively, causing it to KOed more easily, but Kraken is a top tier KO Defense Layer. I did a few rounds with V2 on the Yamiterios Xteme' (the one with MSUV rubber) and there were times when V2 would give Kraken a direct hit and it just wouldn't move.

I didn't think it was going to be very good at KO Attack, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Kraken seems to suffer the same problem with being sliding shot that I mention having with bL here, and the few times the hits did connect they didn't do much to Neptune at all. Both of the KOs were pretty slight push KOs.

So in conclusion, Kraken seems like a pretty average Layer on most Stamina setups, but where it really seems to shine is on a KO Defense setup. I'd be interested to see someone else test it on Octa for a weight-based KO Defense combo, since Hasbro doesn't have access to Bite or Keep. But any tests regarding Kraken K4, or any of the other Turbo Dual Layers is welcome since we know pretty much nothing about them.

What combos would you like to see go up against K4 Octa, since I have them both.
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:00 PM)Wombat Wrote: Hi everyone! Recently, I bought the Hasbro exclusive Kraken K4 and Ogre O4, and have decided to test them against a bunch of Classic combos to see if they could potentially be unbanned in the Burst Classic format. Check out the official video here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxF1lztH2o

1 tie redone

1 tie redone

2 ties redone
K4.G.0 winrate: 0% Unhappy

Can you test K4 G Wd-s ?
(Jun. 29, 2019  9:12 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: What combos would you like to see go up against K4 Octa, since I have them both.

KO Attack types like V2 on X', and whatever you have as a good stationary attacker. If you have Neptune or Odin try testing it against them on Revolve.

(Jun. 29, 2019  9:24 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Can you test K4 G Wd-s ?

Against what?
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:36 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  9:12 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: What combos would you like to see go up against K4 Octa, since I have them both.

KO Attack types like V2 on X', and whatever you have as a good stationary attacker. If you have Neptune or Odin try testing it against them on Revolve.

(Jun. 29, 2019  9:24 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Can you test K4 G Wd-s ?

Against what?

V2 H X’
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: KO Attack types like V2 on X', and whatever you have as a good stationary attacker. If you have Neptune or Odin try testing it against them on Revolve.

Against what?

V2 H X’

I'd use Kuckle instead of Heavy
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: KO Attack types like V2 on X', and whatever you have as a good stationary attacker. If you have Neptune or Odin try testing it against them on Revolve.

Against what?

V2 H X’

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 4 wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
V2.H.X': 16 wins (4 OS, 10 KO, 2 burst)
2 ties redone
K4.G.Wd-S overall win rate: 20%

breakdown of mode differences

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S (normal mode) vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xteme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 3 wins (all OS)
V2.H.X': 7 wins (5 KO, 2 burst)
2 ties redone
K4.G.Wd-S win rate: 30%

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S (Slingshock mode) vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 1 win (KO)
V2.H.X': 9 wins (4 OS, 5 KO)
K4.G.Wd-S win rate: 10%

In normal mode, it didn't perform all too differently from K4.H.S, and in Slingshock mode it would get outspun because I would need to weak launch Wd-S significantly to keep it from self-KOing. It's only chance of beating V2 was to knock it out in a head on collision at the Tornado Ridge, which it didn't do such a good job of accomplishing on such a high-directional-recoil performance tip (especially compared to X')
(Jul. 01, 2019  3:12 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2019  4:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: V2 H X’

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 4 wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
V2.H.X': 16 wins (4 OS, 10 KO, 2 burst)
2 ties redone
K4.G.Wd-S overall win rate: 20%

breakdown of mode differences

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S (normal mode) vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xteme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 3 wins (all OS)
V2.H.X': 7 wins (5 KO, 2 burst)
2 ties redone
K4.G.Wd-S win rate: 30%

Kraken K4 Gravity Wedge-S (Slingshock mode) vs Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme'
K4.G.Wd-S: 1 win (KO)
V2.H.X': 9 wins (4 OS, 5 KO)
K4.G.Wd-S win rate: 10%

In normal mode, it didn't perform all too differently from K4.H.S, and in Slingshock mode it would get outspun because I would need to weak launch Wd-S significantly to keep it from self-KOing. It's only chance of beating V2 was to knock it out in a head on collision at the Tornado Ridge, which it didn't do such a good job of accomplishing on such a high-directional-recoil performance tip (especially compared to X')

Interesting, thanks for testing!
Somehow, K4 Heavy Defence was consistently outspinning Odin Heavy Defence for me.
(Jul. 15, 2019  8:15 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Somehow, K4 Heavy Defence was consistently outspinning Odin Heavy Defence for me.

Wow I tested this matchup shortly after you posted this and thought I had posted the results here but I guess I forgot to. Found these in my notebook since I was recording other Classic stuff

Kraken K4 Heavy Defense vs Odin Heavy Defense
K4.H.D: 2 wins (1 OS, 1 Burst)
O.H.D: 8 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
K4.H.D win rate: 20%

I was getting Odin to win pretty convincingly, though this might just have to do with my OHD being really well balanced.