Mar

BLUEZEE WAS RIGHT?

Toronto, Ontario
Tournament Results
High Park
375 Colborne Lodge Dr
  Enter park via Bloor St W. entrance and drive down Colborne Lodge Dr. We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre.
11:00AM on 03/27/2022
Hosted by
  Dan
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join the Toronto Beyblade community for a 3on3 Type Burst Standard Format tournament at High Park on March 27, 2022, named in honour of a close friend who one day said that I'd be back and host my own events. Here we are.

Be sure to read the Burst Standard and 3on3 Format rules below before attendance.

MUST READ: COVID-19 Recommendations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, all tournament participants and attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations outlined and linked in full detail below.

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Wear a Mask or Face Covering.
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate.
10. Eliminated from the tournament? You should leave the tournament area.

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below. 

The health and safety of each participant in this event will be our top priority. We expect all participants to abide by any requirements outlined on the page linked below.

This event is being hosted in accordance with the WBO's COVID-19 event recommendations outlined above, as well as:

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (25) Details

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 10:30AM.
  • Check-in ends at 11:00AM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter.
  • See more details under the "Need-to-Know Information" section at the bottom.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 25 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page to register confirm your spot! 
  • Once 25 players have registered, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users registered on the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If you are unable to make it to the event, DO NOT hit the "Join Tournament" button. If you need to withdraw, hit the UNJOIN/LEAVE TOURNAMENT button.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre. See below:

[Image: TxXvWNn.jpg]

If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, follow Colborne Lodge Dr. down until you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side (just before the tennis courts). We will be playing in the area on the grass in front of it, or in the shelter itself. If you have any questions about the location, please feel free to post about it here!

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter.

First & Final Stage Battle Formats

The First Stage of this tournament will be played using the 3on3 Battle Format as described below. All other applicable rules in the WBO Burst Format Rulebook will be followed. 

The Final Stage will be played using WBO Deck Format.

3on3 Battle Format Wrote: Wrote:[Image: aunbxVE.png]

1. Deck Construction: 3 Beyblades
Each blader constructs a deck consisting of 3 Beyblades. No parts may be repeated throughout each combination.

The “Deck Format Advanced Rulings” rules in the Gameplay Appendix of the WBO Burst Format rulebook also apply to this format.

2. Deck Sequencing
Each blader must then choose the initial order which they would like to play with their three Beyblades.

All three Beyblades must remain concealed from their opponent. This is typically done through the use of a deck box with three numbered slots, but other methods which accomplish the the concealment of the Beyblades and their order are also acceptable.

Once a blader has constructed all three Beyblades, and completed sequencing them, they must announce that they are “set” and present their launcher and Beyblades to the judge for inspection.

3. Deck Inspection
The judge will then inspect each Beyblade in both decks in secret to ensure legality.

4. Perform Battles in Sequence
Players perform battles following the sequence of the Beyblades in their deck until one player scores 3 total points.

The Beyblades in the #1 slot will play each other, followed by #2 vs #2, and #3 vs. #3.

5. Ties & Re-order Sequence
- If there is a tie in any battle, the battle will be replayed using the same two Beyblades. This may continue for up to three consecutive battles.
- After the third consecutive tie bladers are to advance to the next Beyblade in their deck if possible or initiate the re-order sequence described below and start a new battle.
-If neither blader has earned 3 Points after all three battles have been played between all three Beyblades in each deck, bladers will (optionally) re-order their entire deck in secret within 30 seconds and then repeat step number four ("Perform Battles in Sequence") as many times as is necessary using their three Beyblades until one blader has earned a total of 3 Points to determine the match winner.
-If a tenth total battle is played and a match winner has not yet been determined, the player with more points wins the match. If the score is tied, the match continues as normal until a player scores a point.

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Another tourney whoooooooo!
Finna bring my cash bout to buy some beyblades that ok?
Hello,

Are there going to be prizes, its completely fine if just a friendly tournament without prize I was just curious

Thanks Smile
(Mar. 10, 2022  2:39 AM)Attila Wrote: Finna bring my cash bout to buy some beyblades that ok?

Hey Attila,

I know in the past people have sold things under the table at events, and way back when selling things and buying used to be totally fair game, but there is actually a stipulation under the WBO's Terms of Service (Communities, Events & Organizers section here) that mentions you have to get approval from the operator of the venue (me) and WBO itself (in this case it would be easiest to ask Kei since he will be present too).

If you or anyone else (in this case whoever you're going to be buying from here) intends to sell something at the venue, please ask both Kei and I in advance so we can agree. The sooner the better, don't ask the night before or something. I'd prefer nobody shows up the day-of with a whole bunch of people aching to buy whatever was brought just for us to say "well, you should have asked earlier". Personally, I will never say no.

(Mar. 10, 2022  6:08 PM)Syed2002 Wrote: Hello,

Are there going to be prizes, its completely fine if just a friendly tournament without prize I was just curious

Thanks Smile

Hello Syed, unfortunately the MoT gift card has been allocated to the unranked tournament just after this one, FOREVER BEYS, on the same day and same place. The tournament is also not "friendly" in the sense that there is nothing at stake - it is a ranked event so you can gain or lose Bey Rank. If you care about being a top Blader in your community, you'll definitely be doing what you can to win as many matches as possible and increase your standings on the WBO leaderboard. The unranked event is more friendly, so the MoT prize is supposed to be a bit of an incentive for people to try without any leaderboard points on the line.
Ahh, for all the negative sentiment people have towards him, I do miss The Beast Of The East. Great to see you hosting Dan, best of luck on a clean, smooth event. Be nice to see some Toronto results in the WC list, seeing as I'm not sure you guys have run standard with the availability of the dreaded Double Drift and Double Bearing combos Gasp
Since the mandate to wear masks in a majority of settings has been repealed (as of yesterday) I'm writing this post to let people know in advance, before showing up:

1. WBO has chosen to defer to local COVID-19 policy and guidelines since last summer. The above rules you find in the tournament post are recommendations only.
  2. Ontario has, as of March 21st, scaled back the mandate on face coverings and masks in an overwhelming majority of social settings. You're welcome to check out the regulations as they stand now, here.
  3. Toronto's Mask Bylaw also expired on March 21st, as the city is in lockstep with the province in terms of guidelines and policy. More information can be found here (Guide for Toronto residents, also in OP) and here (Toronto's COVID-19 Orders & Bylaws). 
  4. Wearing a face covering at BLUEZEE WAS RIGHT? will, as a result, be up to personal discretion.

With all that in mind, I will let you know that I personally will continue to wear a mask, especially since we do tend to get quite close to other people while in a match. 

If you come to the event without a desire to wear any type of face covering, far be it from me to stop you. I would recommend everyone to continue to wear some form of protection, to be on the cautious side, but it is up to you to decide whether you will or not. 

Just wanted this to be completely clear for everyone planning to attend well in advance.

Dan Wrote:[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

What's with the tournament name ???🤣
Hey everyone! If anyone attending this tournament has a B-196 04: Super Hyperion Giga Metal Dimension 4A that they are willing to trade Dan or I, please let us know via Private Message.

We have the following available for trade (NIB) from B-196:

• B-196 05: King Helios Karma High Charge' 1S
  • B-196 03: Infinite Dragon Zone'+X 1A (Comes with red Infinite Sword)
  • B-196 02: Tempest Achilles Xceed'+Z 1B (Comes with Infinite Shield)

Or if there is any other Beyblades or parts you’re looking for, let us know.

Thanks!
Just a reminder for anyone attending despite the weather, do try to bring a deck box with you. I realize now it may not be common practice, but the 3on3 format requires a way to conceal the combos used as well as define their order. There may be extras present, but it is just good practice to get used to having one anyway since this is now a ranked format.
The weather is not looking good, Is the tournament still on?
(Mar. 27, 2022  12:55 PM)Lrexman Wrote: The weather is not looking good, Is the tournament still on?

I can't speak for Dan, but I haven't received any indication otherwise at this time that it won't be.

The other tournament–FOREVER BEYS–that I will be hosting later today, is going ahead as planned.
(Mar. 27, 2022  12:55 PM)Lrexman Wrote: The weather is not looking good, Is the tournament still on?

Agreed, the weather is horrendous. BLUEZEE WAS RIGHT? is still going to happen, though, so please come prepared for the weather if you do attend because it will be cold..

In the future, if the weather seems to be shaping up to be bad on a day I have a tournament planned, I will make a poll and put it up here + on Discord to vote whether it should be moved. Unfortunately for today, we will grit our teeth and bear it.
The 401 and the weather is looking nasty, Sadly we won't be attending.
It sure was cold.
(Mar. 28, 2022  4:55 AM)Abellia Wrote: It sure was cold.

I'm going to be honest - I think we need to look at encouraging indoor venues in this sort of weather, even if we are collecting fees to do so. It's not good for the players, parents, their interest and how the game plays for people to be playing while it is snowing on their stadiums...
(Mar. 28, 2022  6:05 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2022  4:55 AM)Abellia Wrote: It sure was cold.

I'm going to be honest - I think we need to look at encouraging indoor venues in this sort of weather, even if we are collecting fees to do so. It's not good for the players, parents, their interest and how the game plays for people to be playing while it is snowing on their stadiums...

I think it would be best if tournaments could just be indoors instead of it being at highpark
This matches for event have now been processed.