Aug

BEYBLADE X-TREME BATTLE Toronto Vol. 5.5

Toronto, Ontario
High Park
375 Colborne Lodge Dr
  Enter park via Bloor St W. entrance and drive down Colborne Lodge Dr. We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre.
Check-in: 1:30PM, Start Time: 1:45PM on 08/25/2024
Hosted by
  Dan
Contact Host
Format
X

Most official Beyblade X gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash

This event is a GP Vol. 1 Qualifier and with few participants slots. 

All existing GP qualified players are recommended to NOT sign up/participate to make this a better event.

Join Toronto Bladers for an OBBC Ranked Beyblade X 
1on1/3on3 tournament at High Park on August 25th, 2024 at 1:30PM

Loaner Deck Boxes will be available for new Bladers to use for the event!

Participant Recommendations

Feeling unwell? Stay at home.

The health and safety of each participant in this event is our top priority. We expect all participants to abide by any requirements outlined on the page linked below.
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (16) Detail

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 1:30PM. Please check in with me at the Challonge/Computer Desk. There will be free play up until tournament start.
  • Check-in ends at 1:45PM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter, if not immediately so please be aware.
  • If you are running late please send me a message directly or post on this thread, otherwise we may have to start without you.
  • See more details under the "Need-to-Know Information" section at the bottom.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 16 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, click the "Join Tournament" Button AND join the Challonge Bracket.
  • Once 12 players have been confirmed, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users at the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

We'll likely be playing outside, by the gazebo attached to the front of the High Park Nature Centre. 

This means that if you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, follow Colborne Lodge Dr. down until you'll see the large gazebo on the left-hand side. Check the red pin on the map image below if you're still unsure. 

If we aren't in the gazebo out front or on the grass, check behind the Nature Centre as well, as there is another gazebo there.

[Image: 729ea0d9b8e209a1e60c6aa10aa4f507.png]

If you have any questions about the location, time, or date, please feel free to post about it below. 

Any updates to the venue location or rescheduling will be posted by me on the morning-of, at the latest. 

If you see nothing posted to the contrary, assume everything is continuing as outlined here.

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter. They don't like that.

Tournament Match Types: 1on1 First Stage, 3on3 Final Stage

The First Stage of this tournament will be played using the 1on1 Match Type found in the WBO Match Types Guide. 

The Final Stage of this tournament will be played using the 3on3 Match Type found in the WBO Match Types Guide.

We will be using WBO X Format Rules found below:

Be advised that this tournament will make use of the following Ranked Clause/Toronto GP Vol. 1 rules in addition to rules listed in the Format Rulebook:

Quote:Banlist Variation: Metal Needle Bit Ban
The following Bit may not be used in this tournament: Metal Needle Bit

If there are any questions regarding the rules feel free to post in this thread or ask me after registration.

GP Vol. 1 Ruleset Wrote:
  • Banned Parts & Equipment: Usage of any Blades, Ratchets, Bits, Launchers, or other equipment from Beyblade X products released within 14 days or less from the tournament date is prohibited.
  • Match Start: A match is considered to have started when both players have arrived at the stadium.
  • Side Selection: Before Beyblade Selection begins, players must: Decide their position on the left or right side of the stadium by playing one round of rock-paper-scissors, if either player has a preference. The judge must ask this before Beyblade Selection begins.
  • Beyblade Selection: Players must select their 1 Beyblade (First Stage) or 3 Beyblades (Final Stage) without being seen by their opponent and notify the judge when they are ready. After both players have completed their selection, when asked by the judge, they must present them to their opponent. The judge will then check the Beyblades and Launchers for both players. After the judge completes the inspection for both players, the judge will return the Beyblade(s) disassembled and Launchers to each player. If any Beyblade or piece of equipment is found to be unusable for any reason, the judge may award point(s) to the opponent upon consultation with the head judge. Then, both players may restart the selection process. Once the selected Beyblades and Launchers are approved, players must then assemble their Beyblade in front of the stadium within view of the judge and their opponent. The first battle will then begin.
  • Launch Area: The Launch Area is the circular opening on top of the Stadium Cover.
  • Launching: A battle begins when the call of “3–2–1 Go Shoot!” starts. Beyblades must completely pass through the Launch Area after being launched. Beyblades are considered to have entered the Play Area once they have completely passed through the Launch Area. Beyblades must enter, return, or be in the Play Area in order to win a battle. If both Beyblades collide before either has touched the Stadium (a mid-air collision), the battle must be restarted. Bladers must launch their Beyblade from within a 20cm distance from the Stadium Base for the duration of their launch.
  • Knocked-Out: To begin being considered as a possible knock-out (Xtreme Finish or Over Finish), the entire Beyblade must enter the Xtreme Zone or Over Zone.
  • Burst Finish: To be considered bursted (Burst Finish), any part of the Beyblade must be visibly detached (ex. Bit detaching from Ratchet, Ratchet and Bit detached from Blade, etc).
  • Tie Break Procedures: The following tie break procedures will be used to determine finalists at the end of the First Stage among players with the same win/loss record. Block Round Robin: Wins vs. Tied Participants, Points Difference, Points Scored, and Tiebreak Match in that order. Swiss: Wins vs. Tied Participants, Median-Buchholz System, Points Difference and potential Tiebreak Match in that order.
  • 4 Point Final Stage: Final Stage Matches are played to 4 points for this Tournament.
  • Video Review: Judges may review video replays to determine the result of a battle or match only for matches which take place in the Final Stage. A judge reserves the right to deny a player request for video review.
  • Part Breakage Inspection: Judges must inspect both Beyblades of every battle in the match for 1st place and the match for 3rd place for any breakages. If a Beyblade is found to have broken, the Breakage During Play procedure in the WBO X Format Rulebook must be followed.
  • Decorated Parts Prohibition: Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated in the following ways for this Tournament: Parts that have been painted/clear-coated unofficially and parts that have been decorated with unofficial/homemade stickers.

Tournament Prizes!
We do intend to integrate Beyblade X products into our Tournament Prize roster for this series of events, for this event our top 3 will receive OBBC achievement certificates specific to this tournament.
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: MScjVOh.jpg][/font]

Have an Xtreme Stadium or Deck Box? Bring it!

We will be bringing a single Xtreme stadium for this event, but more are always welcome! 3on3 Format is also best played with a box that hold 3 Beyblades in secret, so if you do have a Beyblade X "3on3 Deck Case" (pictured below), bring it!

Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but Beyblade X's "Xtreme Stadium" (BX-07/10/17/00, similar to the one pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know. 

The more Xtreme Stadiums we have present the more matches we can play simultaneously. If you are able to bring additional Stadiums or Deck Boxes, please let me know in advance.

[Image: 516r5DrOFDL._AC_SL1100_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1684298405]
[Image: 4904810910602_8f89a440b56e446eae6f48cac67684d7.jpg]

What is the OBBC?

[Image: ulefsEb.png]
The Ontario Beyblade Community is a fan community open to all Beyblade lovers in Ontario, Canada. Our goal is for Beyblade fans to make new friends, have fun together, compete, and improve their skills in real-life tournaments!

To learn more and stay up-to-date, visit the official website or our Discord server.

Bracket and Leaderboard on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is both the management tool and leaderboard we use in all OBBC events.

Need-to-Know Information

1. Organizers, their Events, and Event Pages are independent of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc.

Event Organizers are users independent of the World Beyblade Organization website, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, staff, or volunteers. Event Pages and Events are coordinated and operated separately from the operations of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc, controlled solely by individual Event Organizers.

Under no circumstances will World Beyblade Organization, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, or staff be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that arise from independent Events advertised on the website. .

2. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Hey I've been a lurker for a while. Just signed up and registered for the tournament. Looking forward to meeting you guys. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. I used to Beyblade back in the day when I was a kid but I'm 30 now and just picked it up again recently. Hopefully I still stand a chance without customization lol. I'll be making the journey from Huntsville if anybody wants a ride
im SOOO back see yall there (:
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday :) 

I will be offering PICKUP anything that is on the store I have and can reserve I will be stocking up on Rudder and Crest and even that new Dagger so make sure to PM and let's have a good time :)))

[Image: J1u8fmt.png]
Thanks again to everyone that made it! Congrats to some of the last GP Vol. 1 finalists!

Here is the results spreadsheet.