BEYBLADE WAR ROOM - Toronto Beyblade Tournament! MAY 23 2009

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

BEYBLADE WAR ROOM
SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2009
Anime North 09 @ The Renaissance Hotel
Golden Delicious Room

9 AM - Free Battle and Set Up
10 AM - "Beyblade 101" Workshop
11 AM - Free Battle and Registration for Beyblade War Room
12 PM - Beyblade War Room Tournament

The fire of BeyBattle still burns in the hearts of Bladers everywhere, and they'll all be coming to BEYBLADE WAR ROOM at ANIME NORTH 2009! If you haven't seen it yet, come visit us to learn all about METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! We'll be hosting an overview and strategy of Beyblade presentation entitled BEYBLADE 101, and then we'll be taking registration for the BEYBLADE WAR ROOM tournament!

No Beyblade? No problem! We have loads of Metal Fight Beyblades with us and you'll be able to draft the parts to form a full Beyblade, then play and trade with other Bladers before the tournament to hone your skills!

So whether you're a veteran Blader looking for the next big competition, or someone new who is simply wondering how the heck a spinning top could be strategic and competitive, stop by! We'd love to see you there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

how awsome Smile i feel happy for brad Smile
i was wondering what was the ages of those who where in the room?
15+ ??
(May. 23, 2009  8:18 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: 0.0
Next year is gonna be insane. I can't wait to go. I'm sure Brad was happy with the turnout.
BTW, Pepe, it's only like 6 hours away, and it will be there next year on today, too. I should be going with my aunt.

Joyful_2 Sweetness!
i wish i could have come maybe next year Stupid
Rankings:

1st: Anubis
2nd: Khel
3rd: Kei
4th: Deikailo

We had a double elimination tournament. Traditional pyramid style. Once we had the primary block down to 3 contestants, all losers reentered for a second chance in the semi-finals. Anubis lost early in the first tournament, but ended up taking the entire tournament by storm in the end. I was surprised; I was the only one that made it to the semi-finals other than the mods. Chocked_2

We ran out of time for the light wheel contest. We'll be doing that shortly. The count was 37 people. I spent like, two hours battling with some new members and handing out pamphlets to promote the tournament.

This is the most amazing event I've ever been to by far. I'm very happy with the results.
That sounds great, congrats guys! Grin And Anubis gets another Gold Face. XD

We totally should have used Double Elimination over here. Pinching_eyes_2
Woah, Brad never competed? Or did he lose?
Damn nice job Anubis, Khel, Kei, and Deikalo. Never would have thought Anubis could have actually won the whole thing.......
(May. 23, 2009  11:37 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Woah, Brad never competed? Or did he lose?
Damn nice job Anubis, Khel, Kei, and Deikalo. Never would have thought Anubis could have actually won the whole thing.......
He's an extremely strong Blader. I saw this coming.

Brad is practicing now. Remember, he doesn't have anyone that lives near him to battle against. We're going to have ranked matches in a bit.
Wow, everything sounds awesome and like it went really well. Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated Smile The prizes are amazing though.... enjoy them guys! And obviously Brad did an awesome job organizing this whole thing Tongue_out And it's a good thing Khel decided to go, now he can do his exams satisfied and without any regrets XD

Also, can't wait to see some pics and vids!
I knew Anubis was strong, but getting first like that is just amazing (I thought he'd get like 2nd or something). Great job man. Great job hosting the event Brad (and Annie). And great job to the other winners.
Well someone had to win, might as well be Anubis. :3
(May. 23, 2009  11:42 PM)Aqua Wrote: Wow, everything sounds awesome and like it went really well. Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated Smile The prizes are amazing though.... enjoy them guys! And obviously Brad did an awesome job organizing this whole thing Tongue_out And it's a good thing Khel decided to go, now he can do his exams satisfied and without any regrets XD

Also, can't wait to see some pics and vids!
Actually, as soon as we saw 50+ people in the room, nothing was organized anymore. I went into (w)itch mode and ran the tournament brackets.

Light wheel contest doesn't work. We tried. We failed. Unhappy
(May. 23, 2009  11:33 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Rankings:

1st: Anubis
2nd: Khel
3rd: Kei
4th: Deikailo

I saw this list coming from a mile away.

Congrats guys Smile
Is that the final, or just the current rankings?

Isn't it a multiple day thing?
(May. 24, 2009  1:57 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Is that the final, or just the current rankings?

Isn't it a multiple day thing?

Those seem to be the final rankings.

No, the tournament is just one day (today). Don't know if they'll be doing any free battles or w/e tomorrow though.
This was the most incredible thing ever. We all had a serious blast. I'm completely shocked that I managed to get to the top; Khel beat me in the first round. That was an intense match and everyone was holding their breath. We tied twice and he ended up beating me 3-2. He's amazing. It was the highlight of the tournament for me.

We've all done some ranked battles, too. Meeting everyone for the first time after so many years has been a real treat. Such a huge turnout at the tournament, too...

As for battles, I am unsure of whether or not those will be happening today. We're going to hang out~ I wish I lived closer to everyone.
The event fabulously. Processing of the matches will start next week. We had more people than Brawl!
(May. 23, 2009  8:07 PM)D-trix Wrote: I just came back from the war room. There were like 40 people there. But sadly I lost 2 I know I suck.

You really don't have anything to be ashamed of, dude. Come back next year, and try to hang out with the local bladers like Khel for practice. Grin
That sound's great guy's im happy that the day turned out to be fun for you all. Anubis winning didn't surprise me at all, he deserve's it his such a great blader. It's good to see how Khel went because before this i knew nothing about how good he was and same goes to Kei atleast now i get a general idea. Good job guy's.
Glad you had fun, Anubis. Maybe they'll notice how many people showed up this time and give you a bigger place next year. XD
Yeah... We were waay over the occupancy limit, I think.
This tournament kicked carp. Totally worth it

The first match with Anubis was carpin epic. That carp better be on video.
I was told about Anubis he sounds very good. Congratulations.
I can't remember having so much fun. I really felt very comfortable with you guys, even more than my own friends at home whom I've known for years. I really needed this.
(May. 24, 2009  6:01 AM)Khel Wrote: This tournament kicked carp. Totally worth it

The first match with Anubis was carpin epic. That carp better be on video.

I got all of the matches between you and Anubis on video. I'll upload them when I get back to Michigan.
(May. 24, 2009  6:42 AM)Roan Wrote: I got all of the matches between you and Anubis on video. I'll upload them when I get back to Michigan.
If it's on an SD card, we can upload it from my laptop tomorrow when we're chillin' in the lobby.