6 Garamond Court
  We will be playing in the Heritage Court of the JCCC
10:00AM on 01/19/2019
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
20 cash  

A ticket to Anime Shogatsu is required to participate in this event. Buy Ticket Here. Pre-Registration ends at January 16th. Tickets at the door will be $25.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

AT

REGISTRATION NOTE
I just wanted to remind everyone that in order to participate in the tournament you will need to check-in at our tournament desk in the Heritage Court before 11:30AM. And have your WBO account open on your phone if possible!

If you arrive after that, you will not be able to enter the tournament (but are welcome to participate in free play).

Doors open at 10:00AM. This is going to be a massive tournament, which means registration will take some time. So, I would like to kindly ask that everyone planning to play in the tournament arrives as early as possible.

Join us on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament at Anime Shogatsu for the fourth straight year!

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. Registration begins at 10:00AM. We will finish registration at 11:30AM and will begin the tournament shortly thereafter. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

Anime Shogatsu Membership Required
Please note that to enter the convention and gain access to our event, a membership for Anime Shogatsu 2019 is required. Purchase your Anime Shogatsu 2019 membership online here. Memberships are also available at the door (starting at 9AM for $25), but we recommend purchasing online ahead of time.

Kids 10 and under are admitted for free, however they would need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a membership purchased.

Because this event is at a convention, the regular WBO entry fee will not apply.

Need-to-Know Information Sheet
Some of this information is covered below, but we will also be handing out the following need-to-know information sheet on the day of the event. It covers key topics related to the organization of this event to ensure everyone is on the same page.

You may read it then, or get a head start right now:

Optional: Sign up for the bracket on Challonge.

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

We run all of our tournaments using tournament management software called Challonge.

This is optional, but very helpful for us: you can sign up for the bracket on Challonge ahead of time. We encourage anyone planning to play in this tournament to do so because it will:

• Speed up your registration, which helps us keep things moving quickly for everyone! If you sign up on Challonge, please tell us when you visit the registration desk at the event.
  • Allow you to receive e-mail notifications of your upcoming matches during the event. Please note that the match e-mail notifications do not mean your match is happening at that moment; just that it is available. You will be called by a judge when it is time to play.
  • Allow you to follow along with the tournament bracket throughout the event.
  • Grant you priority access to one of the awesome limited BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2019 stickers below!

IMPORTANT: Please make your Challonge username the same as your WBO username. If it is taken on Challonge, you can change it within "Your Settings" once you've registered on Challonge.

Event Registration Bonus: Logo Sticker For First 50 Players On the Day of the Event
The first 50 players who already have both WBO and Challonge accounts and register for BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2019 on the day of the event will receive one of these awesome stickers featuring a special Japanese version of the logo!

[Image: rNA1wRX.jpg]

I hope you guys will use this to decorate your Beyblade cases like I've done with mine over the years. Smile

After registration if there is any stickers leftover, we will hand them out to members that did not have WBO and/or Challonge accounts.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for your tournament matches!

Have a BeyStadium? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums for this event, but more are always welcome! Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Prize Donation by Zankye
With us recently hitting the 100 registered participants plateau, now seems like a good time to announce that @[originalzankye] will once again be providing an incredible donation of Beyblades as prizes for this event! Thank you, Zankye!

Be sure to check out his Youtube Channel.

Some of these prizes will be given to the top 3 winners and some will be given via a random giveaway during the event.

[Image: liTblx0.jpg]

[Image: JhUWJTq.jpg]

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the newest, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro launched it in Canada in September 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

Not sure what to expect?
Check out this report from our tournament at Anime Shogatsu 2018!

[Image: 5ncNjEj.jpg]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jan. 12, 2019  10:50 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Where in the JCCC will the tournament be?

Waiting for confirmation on this still. Will post an update when I know.

In any case, there will be Anime Shogatsu staff on hand at the entrance that would be able to point you in the right direction.
Anyone willing to sell an air knight layer?
(Jan. 04, 2019  4:09 AM)Toxic Cheeto Wrote: FYI I just checked with the event venue... children 8 and under are FREE to attend, but all children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.  Good thing we checked first, almost bought an admission ticket for the youngest one.

Free to attend... AND play?
Or just free to watch. 
What if I already bought a ticket for my 6 year old son.  Can I get a refund?
(Jan. 13, 2019  10:59 PM)Whiterose Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2019  4:09 AM)Toxic Cheeto Wrote: FYI I just checked with the event venue... children 8 and under are FREE to attend, but all children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.  Good thing we checked first, almost bought an admission ticket for the youngest one.

Free to attend... AND play?
Or just free to watch. 

It is free to play I believe, but I’m not sure about the refund question
I see. That it is actually 10 and under is free
(Jan. 13, 2019  10:59 PM)Whiterose Wrote: Free to attend... AND play?
Or just free to watch. 

Free to play and watch. But you need to buy a pass to enter the Anime Shogatsu convention that the event is taking place within. The pass also grants you access to all of the other convention programming.

Only exception is for children ten and under; they get in to Anime Shogatsu for free. I was told it was for eight and under, but I guess they’ve updated it since then as it now says ten and under on their Ticket page.

If you’ve already purchased a ticket for someone under ten, I’m not sure if you can receive a refund. Try contacting Anime Shogatsu directly: http://animeshogatsu.com/contact-us/
Prize Donation by Zankye
With us recently hitting the 100 registered participants plateau, now seems like a good time to announce that @[originalzankye] will once again be providing an incredible donation of Beyblades as prizes for this event! Thank you, Zankye!

Some of these prizes will be given to the top 3 winners and some will be given via a random giveaway during the event.

[Image: liTblx0.jpg]

[Image: JhUWJTq.jpg]
(Jan. 14, 2019  5:05 AM)Kei Wrote: Prize Donation by Zankye

Sick prizes! Can't wait for the tournament. Hope to get at least top 8.
I have a question reguarding the rules on the use of Korean parts by sonokong can you mix parts with Japanese tt?
please people register on challonge
(Jan. 14, 2019  10:49 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: I have a question reguarding the rules on the use of Korean parts by sonokong can you mix parts with Japanese tt?

Yes, you can mix the Korean releases with the ones from Japan.
LOCATION UPDATE
The exact location within the convention has now been determined: we will be playing at the Heritage Court within the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre.
DUUUUUUUUUDE I cant wait for it. I gotta take the plane and fly over from texas to Canada.
We are traveling from Cleveland, Ohio USA to the tournament. Just want to confirm this is still going on due to weather and if it gets canceled how soon will it be posted?
(Jan. 15, 2019  6:31 PM)Zakthesunrise Wrote: We are traveling from Cleveland, Ohio USA to the tournament. Just want to confirm this is still going on due to weather and if it gets canceled how soon will it be posted?

Awesome!

The venue is indoors and I haven't heard anything about it being canceled due to weather. If that were to happen, I would post it here as soon as possible.

However, Anime Shogatsu's website or Twitter are probably the best places to look for the latest updates about the convention itself:

http://animeshogatsu.com/
https://twitter.com/animeshogatsu
I'm glad I found this organization today and was able to register my son. The only issue that concerns me is that I'm still unable to get the membership apparently they sold out. Is there any other way we can get in?
(Jan. 16, 2019  12:25 AM)BenMendez Wrote: I'm glad I found this organization today and was able to register my son. The only issue that concerns me is that I'm still unable to get the membership apparently they sold out. Is there any other way we can get in?

The pre-registration has recently been re-opened until January 16th at midnight. In addition to this, tickets should be available for $25 at the door on the day of the convention.
(Jan. 16, 2019  3:27 AM)pyrus10000 Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2019  12:25 AM)BenMendez Wrote: I'm glad I found this organization today and was able to register my son. The only issue that concerns me is that I'm still unable to get the membership apparently they sold out. Is there any other way we can get in?

The pre-registration has recently been re-opened until January 16th at midnight. In addition to this, tickets should be available for $25 at the door on the day of the convention.
It should be $20
(Jan. 16, 2019  3:55 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: It should be $20

The price at the door is $25, as outlined on their Ticket FAQ page: http://animeshogatsu.com/tickets-f-a-q/

So, pre-register if you haven't already! http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/
i might not be able to come if the roads are bad, i got my ticket for the con and everything, i live in hamilton...

(Jan. 14, 2019  9:10 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2019  10:49 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: I have a question reguarding the rules on the use of Korean parts by sonokong can you mix parts with Japanese tt?

Yes, you can mix the Korean releases with the ones from Japan.

great thanks
(Jan. 16, 2019  4:45 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2019  3:55 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: It should be $20

The price at the door is $25, as outlined on their Ticket FAQ page: http://animeshogatsu.com/tickets-f-a-q/

So, pre-register if you haven't already! http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/
How come it says $20 for the admission
(Jan. 16, 2019  5:39 PM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: How come it says $20 for the admission

That's for pre-registration online, which ends at midnight tonight.
If you pre-register, does it mean you can come at 12 when it actually starts? Or do you still have to come by 10 when registration opens?
(Jan. 17, 2019  3:50 AM)Starshadow Wrote: If you pre-register, does it mean you can come at 12 when it actually starts? Or do you still have to come by 10 when registration opens?

Everyone needs to arrive before 11:30AM (preferably much earlier so we have time to register everyone and can start on time) and confirm they have arrived at our tournament registration desk. This is an extremely huge tournament, so we need a lot of time to be able to safely register everyone and start on time. The registration on-site here at worldbeyblade.org merely confirms your interest and helps us to plan the bracket in advance.

If you arrive after 11:30AM, you are welcome to participate in free play, but will not be able to enter the tournament.
Can you print out the ticket