BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008

I always go really over the top with these event descriptions.
It sounds really great in general! Smile

I'll try to see if I could come, but I don't want to make any promises. Who knows when we get to do this again?
bugturtles Wrote:It sounds really great in general! Smile

I'll try to see if I could come, but I don't want to make any promises. Who knows when we get to do this again?

Check the first post of the thread.
Wow. I completely forgot that this was a competition. I just got so excited to be meeting you guys. I wonder who will win.
**As asked i have re-edited my post, and shortened it**

This tournament is still under review, so please stand by.

thank you for your time in this matter

-RCEHoppe

PS we have an other posting group on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2331264524
Hi Ron,

Brad is the owner of this site. He is not at home right now, and he lives in Newfoundland. More importantly, why did you post all that here, rather than simply contacting Brad about it?

Thank you for your time,

Anne
I just realized how expensive AN is, and I'm not even sure I want to go anymore. It's $45 just for Saturday and the only reason I want to go to AN at all this year is FOR this tournament and you guys :\
Ron,

I have done these tournaments two years prior to this and had them set up through Eileen. The event has already been approved, it's just a matter of time and space -- at least from what Eileen said -- so I don't see how there's an issue. As for time and place, all I stated was that it would be on Saturday (it will be) and at AN (it will be). If the AN Gaming division is in a higher position to approve this than Eileen is, well then, I guess I've spent hundreds of dollars on prizes for nothing?

I find it alarming that it's already 2008 and you haven't begun to work out details at all. The convention is just a little more than four months away. Are you serious that nothing's been penciled in yet?

I guess this is my punishment for actually planning ahead of time.
Hello there Brad...

things have really changed in the last two years, and i am doing what i can to get you up to speed, and your right it is a matter of time and space. SO what you have done in the past is just fantastic - BUT - Just like all cons, things change from year to year.

And I think that you know that

so again with a simple phone call ( my dime on that one) to were ever you are we'll talk about what is going on overall and take things from there, so if you have gone out and spent hundreds of dollars on prizes without clearlafly things, what should i say on that one? And lastly plaese dont talk about "punishment for actually planning ahead of time." no one wins with talk like that, you what i mean?

SO again i can call you wer ever you are and we can take things from there.

again thank you for your time-RCEHoppe.

To Minion, if you only want to play in this one tournament, i can do what i can to get you in for free to play , again i have to talk to Brad to clearlafly things.

and to Anne - her eis were i am coming from - i just don't want see kids getting all worked up over something that might not get worked out, without knowing the background of what is going on - if Brad didn't like what i have posted then he can delete it. Just thinking this over i'll go back and edit Joyful_3
I trust Brad, as the most prominent individual ever in the western Beyblade community, to keep us informed regarding important developments. According to Eileen, there weren't any issues and the event had been approved. Considering that, and how he has been working with her on these events for several years, it's pretty natural for him to be skeptical. Especially since it seems logical that the gaming department would be under the control of Programming.

Brad has already invested a lot into this tournament, both monetarily and emotionally, as he does with almost everything he's involved with. I think it would be wise to keep that in mind when working with him, especially since the prizes are non-refundable and took a lot of work to get.

And we aren't all "kids" here- most of us are in our late teens and 20s. Wink
I am glad that you trust Brad, that's good to know Grin so to recap, i need to talk to Brad, ( and again if you like i can call you too )

and outside of all of the crazyness that is going on, i would like to see to get this off of the ground, and i am here to help.
as well i have add a URL link from the ANGaming group on FaceBook to this group in the hopes to get you guys some more hits/talk time in this thread Smile
Since the tourney info is no longer on Beyblade forums, I posted a link here on Teahouse of the Maple Moon, Anime North's forums.
rcehoppe Wrote:I am glad that you trust Brad, that's good to know Grin so to recap, i need to talk to Brad, ( and again if you like i can call you too )

and outside of all of the crazyness that is going on, i would like to see to get this off of the ground, and i am here to help.

I'm just a long time friend/his girlfriend. :p I've got little to do with the actual organizing of the event beyond providing a stadium and refereeing.
rcehoppe Wrote:To Minion, if you only want to play in this one tournament, i can do what i can to get you in for free to play , again i have to talk to Brad to clearlafly things.

Gasp That would be relatively amazing. I could even pay 10/15, it's just that 45 seems a little extreme when I just want to play in this tournament Unhappy
to AnnieDuck
i understand, it's all good Joyful_3

to Minion
we'll do what we can, as we grow closer to the con date, we'll have a clear idea on what is going on overall and what we can do.

to Ichida:
that's what leaded me here, and to all of the 315 all Posts ( wow..lol) keeping talk about it - this is really cool to see Joyful_3)
Ron, here is where I am coming from: I had absolutely no option to wait any longer to begin organizing the event. I had to order the import equipment spread out over a long span of time. If I'd waited till now, there's no way that I would've gotten everything done in time. It's a simple matter of logistics that I absolutely had to be preparing ever since Eileen had set that the event was a go ahead. It was necessary for the sake of forming the event and of informing people and getting them excited about the event. I wasn't trying to be rude with my comment; it simply seems that it is exactly what is happening.

I understand things change from year to year, but at the same if there are desperate changes that would've prevented the go-ahead in the first place I would have liked to have been informed of them from the get-go. I think it should be fair to expect things to go the same as they have in the past if no information is given.

Also, Ron, it's a policy of mine to not delete posts unless absolute ynecessary because it is an offense against free speech to do so.

Anyway, I will talk to you on the phone tomorrow and we will get things straightened out; I am simply making this post here to keep the community informed on the proceedings.
i understand - and i look forward in talking with you,

until then

-RCEHoppe.
So I had a chat with Ron, here's some developments:

1. He's dyslexic. I like to make a rule of pointing this out because I know some of us are pretty hard and bad typing here, but he was actually quite eloquent.

2. Good lord he sounds just like Elliot/Spinster.

Um, other than that, it was mostly just ironing things out and details you guys won't be interested in. What was most important is that all gaming is run under the same hood and at the Ren, so we might be doing it there (as a plus, those of you who only want to go to the tournament don't have to pay for the convention, though you should because they are making this possible!)

He also suggested we do a Beyblade workshop prior to the event to drum up some interest. I could do loaner Beyblades for the event. What do you guys think of this?
Tamer Brad Wrote:He also suggested we do a Beyblade workshop prior to the event to drum up some interest. I could do loaner Beyblades for the event. What do you guys think of this?

I think this is a great idea.

However, maybe have multiple "staff" for the workshop, so they make sure no one steals Beyblades?

And have like a lot of business cards/posters/banners/etc for advertising Beywiki to them! Smile
The issue with doing a workshop is:

Does anyone who isn't us really give a carp?
Tamer Brad Wrote:The issue with doing a workshop is:

Does anyone who isn't us really give a carp?

With all the people that go to the convention, I'm sure doing one would garner the interest of a number of people and cause more people to enter the tournament- which is never a bad thing.
I honestly don't think so. A lot of fangirls would probably show up expecting it to be about yaoi, though.
How many kids go to this convention? I'm sure if a lot of kids go, they might be interested.
Hi gang
just to answer on what is going on...

-to Brad,
yes there are players who do care - and they're looking to play and lern from the best, and if no one shows to the work shops, it isn't going to be because i didn't try to get them in there to learn and play you know what i mean? Joyful_3
talk to you all soon

-to Composer of Requiems
>How many kids go to this convention? I'm sure if a lot
> of kids go, they might be interested.

your right and here our numbers in a nutshell - last year we had about 25,000 to about 35,000 show, and we had about 2,000 to 5,000+ players that show up and play our games over the weekend, and let me put to you this way: last year (07') , with the set up that we had , we didn't have one poor turn out for any of the games that we ran and was apart of. We had some issues, like what every con has - BUT for the most part players were really happy on what they saw and played in.

-to AnnieDuck
>I honestly don't think so. A lot of fangirls would
>probably show up expecting it to be about yaoi,
>though.

That's cool because I to know of a lot of yaoi fans, as I can't talk for every yaoi conventioneer that shows up from year to year at the con, however the morjority of them know the difference bettewn a yaoi work shop like: "how spank your buddy 101" (or something like that) vs. a game work shop like: "How to play a cool game like beyblade. "

-and to Kei
>With all the people that go to the convention, I'm sure
>doing one would garner the interest of a number of
>people and cause more people to enter the
>tournament, hich is never a bad thing.

* Bang!!! *, Kei - you hit the nail right on the head you understand and get "it" Joyful_3

if there any more questions, just let me know, and again gaming has really changed, for the better from what i have been apart of...

-R.