BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD!

BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ ANIME NORTH 2008

The previous topic was getting fairly congested, so I thought opening up a new topic to clear the air would be a good idea. The event is less than two months away now, so I hope everyone is excited and preparing for battle!

We will be running two events total, BEYBLADE 101 and the BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! tournament. Both of the events will be hosted on Saturday, May 24, 2008.

BEYBLADE 101 BEYBLADE WORKSHOP (Starts 12:00 PM at the Toronto Convention Centre, check AN schedule for exact location)

BEYBLADE 101 is essentially a refresher course in Beyblade, and is designed to attract some people who wouldn't otherwise attend. We will be going over strategy essentials and discussing the systems of Beyblade and state of the game. There will also be free battle workshops we will go over battle strategies live. BEYBLADE 101 will be at the Toronto Convention Centre.

BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! (4:00 PM at the Halliburton room, Renaissance Hotel)

BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! is the centre of the event. The tournament will be classic swiss-style with no restrictions on what Beyblades can be entered as long as they are legal (essentially, bring your HMS and your Wolborg MS killers, folks!). I don't want to give away exactly what all the prizes will be, so I will say that they are SUPER EPIC, all HMS and are valued at over $500. The BND! event will be taking place at the Renaissance hotel.

Any further discussion of the event, including technicalities of the event and strategizing should be posted in this thread.
the beyblade 101 sound cool

i may not enter the tournament though because i suck and so so all of my parts, also is bringin a dems a worth idea?
firekid115 Wrote:the beyblade 101 sound cool

i may not enter the tournament though because i suck and so so all of my parts, also is bringin a dems a worth idea?
I'm sure anybody going to BND!, including me, could lend you any parts that you need for the tournament. Smile

And yes, bringing a DEMS would be a good idea.
YES BRING DEMS

And enter whether or not you think you can win. It costs nothing extra to enter, and you could win hundreds of dollars of Beyblades!
There is really no reason not to enter... Not everyone attending this thing is an expert. And there is some element of chance in the game.

I haven't practiced at all xP

I'm relying mostly on luck and just expecting to have a good time Smile

I miss you guys D:

Are we going for Thai food Tongue_out_wink
Minion Wrote:There is really no reason not to enter... Not everyone attending this thing is an expert. And there is some element of chance in the game.

I haven't practiced at all xP

Yeah, I don't see why someone wouldn't enter. You always have a chance.

-started practicing today-
God, I would enter but I go up to Canada (probably). I live in Indiana and have no one to take me and my brother up there. My parents don't travel and even if they did, we don't really have the money which sux. But would I stand any chance w/ any good HMS? I only have Draciel MS and Thunder Serpent.
Pichuscute Wrote:I only have Draciel MS and Thunder Serpent.

You're carp.
exactly, im trying to buy more but i only have about 15 dollars left and can only buy through payapal and w/ sending people money(my sending limit is used up and i cant lift the limit))
Why is Beyblade 101 at the TCC? Would it not make more sense to have both events in the same area? I guess you might get more people by being two places, but still.
Kei Wrote:Why is Beyblade 101 at the TCC? Would it not make more sense to have both events in the same area? I guess you might get more people by being two places, but still.

That's the idea; the panel is to reach out to people who might not otherwise attend. It was a management decision, not mine.
Bey Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Why is Beyblade 101 at the TCC? Would it not make more sense to have both events in the same area? I guess you might get more people by being two places, but still.

That's the idea; the panel is to reach out to people who might not otherwise attend. It was a management decision, not mine.

I see this as a good decision.
Brad have you documents that show the layout/room that hold the tourney? its in the double tree right?

neato
it is the ren, it says so in the first post
oh.
as you can I skipped that. anyway as long as the room is big.
Do you plan on running Beyblade 101 by yourself? I'm sure some of us are willing to help out (including me)
Well then who am I supposed to talk to? Tongue_out
wait... so the tourney and beyblade 101 are at different places?
Yes, but they are quite close to each other.
oh, ok thanks, and sorry if im being annoying or anythink, but how much do u think it would cost?
Please check animenorth.com for pricing. There is a chance you could get into BND (not the workshop) without paying cover price, but I don't know how they feel about that.
ok thx, and 1 more thing, any age admission cuz im only 12
Any ages can enter.
k thx
oh carp i realize that if i were to take part in the workshop, which I'd like, I need admission???? carp
I have a plan but still, I'm definately not burning $45-55, entrance has become ridiculous
It was never expected that you could attend BND without paying Anime North's cover.