May

BEYBLADE NORTH 2020 [Sunday] - EVENT CANCELLED

Toronto, Ontario
Toronto Congress Centre – Hall B
650 Dixon Rd
  This event is within the Anime North 2020 convention.
10:00 AM on 05/24/2020
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
20 cash  

A ticket to Anime North 2020 is required to participate in this event and access the convention. Price listed is for Child Sunday Pass. Buy Ticket Here.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

AT
[Image: L65jSep.png]
Sunday, May 24 2020 – Metal Fight Limited Format

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH 2020

Beyblade North 2020 brings giveaways and high-speed battles for players of all ages and skill levels! Compete in our tournaments or play free battles just for fun at Anime North 2020 on May 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.

This page will cover the Metal Fight Limited Format event on May 24th. Whether you're a brand new blader or a seasoned veteran, we welcome players of all skill levels to participate.

If you have any questions about our event itself, please feel free to post them here!

For more information about Anime North 2020, please:

REGISTRATION & PARTICIPANT CAP: 40 PLAYERS

Participant Cap
While everyone will be welcome to spectate and participate in free play, there will be a participant cap of 40 Players on this tournament due to limited space, time, and staff.

How to Register
To confirm your spot in the event:
Additional Registration Guidelines
  • Day-Of Check-In Required: All players will be required to check-in with our tournament staff at the entrance of our booth in Hall B of the Toronto Congress Centre before the tournament start time.
  • Late Arrivals: If you arrive after 11:45AM, you will not be able to enter the tournament (but are welcome to participate in free play).
  • Have Your WBO Account Open On Your Phone: During check-in, be sure to have your WBO account page open on your phone so we can verify your username quickly.
  • Posting/PMing Will Not Secure Spot: Posting in this thread or private messaging the host will not confirm a spot in the tournament. You must follow the instructions above.
  • Day-Of Registration: Registration on the day of the event for people who don’t confirm a spot beforehand will be possible if spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Signed up and can't make it? Let us know: If you end up not being able to make it to the event, please post here to notify the host so we can open up a spot for someone else. Players who sign up on this page and do not show up at the tournament without any notice may be warned in accordance with our Community Rules. Thanks for your understanding!

NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION SHEET

Some of this information is covered below, but we will also be handing out the following need-to-know information sheet on the day of the event. It covers key topics related to the organization of this event to ensure everyone is on the same page.

You may read it then, or get a head start right now:

WEEKEND SCHEDULE

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across both Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Anime North. We'll be running at least one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play for all Bladers.

This event page is for the Saturday event:

Saturday, May 23 – Burst Format
  • Tournament Start: 12:00PM
  • Tournament End: 7:00PM (Approximately)
  • During All Booth Hours: Free Play

Our other events at Anime North 2020:

Friday, May 22 – WBBA 3on3/5G Burst Format
  • Tournament Start: 6:15PM
  • Tournament End: 10:00PM (Approximately)
Learn more about the event on Friday, May 22 here.

Sunday, May 24 – Metal Fight Limited Format
  • Tournament Start: 11:15AM
  • Tournament End: 3:00PM (Approximately)
Learn more about the event on Sunday, May 24 here.

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2020 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted area on the map below:

[Image: H6juOBU.jpg]

When the floor plan for the entire Hall B has been finalized, we will post it with details on where exactly we are positioned. However, for those who attended last year: we are in the exact same spot within Hall B.

NO BEY? NO PROB!

Don't have any Beyblades? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for your tournament matches!

HAVE A BEYSTADIUM? BRING IT!

We will be bringing stadiums for this event, but more are always welcome! Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but MFB Attack Stadiums and BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

GIVEAWAYS

[Image: bqncrXf.jpg]
Photo from 2018 – Final Prizes

The fun doesn’t stop with just our tournaments! Stay tuned for details in the coming months regarding the giveaways we will be running throughout the weekend at BEYBLADE NORTH 2020!

Come compete with us for your chance to win prizes not only by placing in tournaments, but by entering contests and random giveaways all weekend (throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at all of our events during Anime North), too!

NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT?

Not sure what to expect? Check out this video and a tournament report from our Anime North events over the past couple years:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Whoo! I finally get to play MFB after a year lol

Hey there, would anyone be willing to let me borrow a spare bb-10 from them after this event or the next event before this or possibly buy a new or used one?
(Mar. 04, 2020  12:36 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Whoo! I finally get to play MFB after a year lol

Hey there, would anyone be willing to let me borrow a spare bb-10 from them after this event or the next event before this or possibly buy a new or used one?

Time to defend your title! No pressure. Grin

I can probably at least lend you one. Or maybe sell you one of my used ones; I have a lot of them. Just remind me before we have our next tournament.
(Mar. 05, 2020  10:55 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2020  12:36 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Whoo! I finally get to play MFB after a year lol

Time to defend your title! No pressure. Grin

I can probably at least lend you one. Or maybe sell you one of my used ones; I have a lot of them. Just remind me before we have our next tournament.
Thank you! And now I'm scared too because you've probably practiced launching that Bandit Wyvang combo at Beyblade West. You probably lost only because you skipped the tornado ridge several times in the finals when using it on RF. The only reason I wouldn't buy a BB-10 is if it was scratched up to the point it's unusable or you charge like $100. No single Beyblade part or stadium in beyblade (unless you count some really rare HMS beys) is worth that kind of money lol
Hello everyone, I just received some unfortunate–but unsurprising–news that Anime North 2020 has officially been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that this event has now been cancelled.

For those of you who have already purchased tickets, Anime North has stated that nobody will be paying for the event this year. All attendees will have the option for a full refund or a roll-over to 2021.

I do not have all of the details for this myself and they may be posting how this will work soon, but I encourage anyone who has already purchased tickets to contact Anime North directly.

I'm really sorry for everyone that was looking forward to this. I have been helping to host our events at Anime North for over ten years now, so having to skip this year is a huge disappointment for me personally as well. But I'm sure everyone will agree that the health and safety of us all comes above everything else right now. I hope you all continue to heed the advice of the Canadian government and stay home unless it is absolutely necessary to leave until this pandemic passes.

I sincerely hope to see all of you next year at Anime North 2021! Stay safe.

EDIT:
You can find Anime North's official announcement here: https://www.animenorth.com/event/index.p...north-2020