650 Dixon Rd
  Anime North 2018
11:00AM on 05/26/2018
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
25 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

@ ANIME NORTH 2018, May 26 – Burst Format
BUY TICKETS HERE
Price listed under Admission on this page is for Child - Saturday Pass

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH 2018

Beyblade North 2018 brings giveaways and high-speed battles for players of all ages and skill levels! Compete in our tournaments or play free battles just for fun at Anime North 2018 on May 25th, and for this Burst Format event on May 26th. Even if you’re new to the game, our expert bladers will give you hands-on training and equipment to battle with.

To play in our events, you will need to purchase a single day or weekend pass for Anime North, which also grants you access to the rest of the convention. Purchase tickets here before they sell out! Weekend passes in particular routinely sell out before the convention.

If you have any questions about our event itself, please feel free to post them here! Otherwise, for more information about Anime North 2018 in general, please visit their website.

SATURDAY, MAY 26: BURST FORMAT

Saturday — 10:30 AM to 6 PM
  • Beyblade Burst Tournament: 11:00AM Registration Begins, 12:30PM Tournament Start
  • During All Booth Hours: Free Play and Training from Expert WBO Bladers

FRIDAY, MAY 25: ADDITIONAL EVENT

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across both Friday and Saturday at Anime North. We'll be running at least one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play, side events, and training for new and intermediate Bladers.

Friday — 6 to 10 PM

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: jvMcafe.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2018 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually slightly incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.

BEYBLADE MUSEUM

Excited to announce that at this event (Saturday only!) we will have an added feature for our booth for everyone to enjoy ... a Beyblade Museum!

The Beyblade Museum will be setup along the perimeter of our booth and will be comprised of four separate enclosed cases. Each case will cover one of the four main Beyblade series/systems: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, Heavy Metal System, Metal Fight Beyblade, and Beyblade Burst.

[Image: dRW8q77.jpg]
A look at some of the signage to be displayed near the cases.

We are working on determining the exact contents of the museum currently, but you can expect to see a mix of classic favourites from the protagonists of each season (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, Draciel, Pegasus, Valkyrie, etc) as well as numerous hard to find limited edition or recoloured Beyblades.

If anyone attending the event on Saturday is willing to contribute Beyblades for the museum, please send me a private message. To be included, Beyblades must be in ideally brand new condition, or at least very good condition visually. Of particular value are any limited edition Beyblades, or Beyblades from the Plastic or HMS generation. All items will be returned to their owners at the end of the day.

Here is a look at a case similar to the ones we will be using:

[Image: HBqfxTI.jpg]

Our actual cases will vary a bit, but will be similar. Thanks to OldSchool™ for being able to get these made!

GIVEAWAYS, CONTESTS, SHOP, and MORE (DETAILS COMING SOON)

[Image: RlPaanG.png]
Final Prizes/Shop Stock TBD

The fun doesn’t stop with just our tournaments! Stay tuned for details in the coming months regarding the giveaways and contests we will be running throughout Friday and Saturday at BEYBLADE NORTH 2018!

Come compete with us for your chance to win prizes not only by placing in tournaments, but by entering contests and random giveaways all weekend (throughout Friday and Saturday at all of our events during Anime North), too!

We also plan to have a limited amount of Beyblade Burst in stock for our shop to help any players looking to improve their collection or pick up their first Beyblade (hopefully to use in the tournament!).

Zankye Giveaway Donation
Thanks to originalzankye, we will now have all of the following Beyblades to giveaway to tournament participants and winners!

[Image: uqXv50R.jpg]

Please check out his Youtube channel when you get a chance!

We will be giving away a few items just before the start of the event on Friday and on Saturday, and then more at the end of the first stage before the finals. So be sure to stick around until the end.

Thanks, Zankye!

SIDE NOTES

Have your Account page open during registration. Participants being registered to the tournament must login to their accounts on any device able to access the profile page prior to registration in order to prove they are the account owner and to ensure their username is accurately transcribed. Alternatively, you can bring a printed copy of your account page to show the tournament host during registration.

No Bey? No prob!: Don't have any Beyblades? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use at each of your matches!

Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect? Check out these videos and a tournament report from our Anime North events last year:

Read Tournament Report

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

That’s super cool I wish I could go but I live in America

Super cool

Gg
No HMS?! I'm deeply wounded.
(May. 06, 2018  9:21 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: No HMS?! I'm deeply wounded.

I'm so sorry. Unhappy I was going to do it, but we dropped Sunday this year and it didn't seem to make as much sense in terms of the interest it would draw to put it on Friday instead of Metal Fight Limited.
But BND! Anniversary!!! Oh well. I'll have fun either way I suppose.
(May. 07, 2018  12:02 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: But BND! Anniversary!!! Oh well. I'll have fun either way I suppose.

I think we're gonna be the only people there who also attended BND!. Crazy.
Unfortunately us tornadoes cannot make it this year, but we are already saving for next years event!
What beyblades are you gonna sell there
Hey everyone! We're almost two weeks out now from BEYBLADE NORTH 2018. Hope you're all getting excited!

Posted this on our Instagram last night, but everything is starting to come together! Been working on some graphics for the event, including this poster:

[Image: HlUjTkY.jpg]

Just put together a tentative prize list for our tournaments and giveaway as well ... maybe when we get closer I'll post a photo of what's included.

Stay tuned for more updates! A couple other cool things are in the works right now. Smile

(May. 10, 2018  10:14 PM)Harry Honcho Wrote: What beyblades are you gonna sell there

That is still to be determined.
not gonna make the tournament, I'll come say hi though
Location update!

Kei Wrote:

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: jvMcafe.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2018 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually slightly incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.
I going and can't wait, but question: Is there a chance that anyone would be selling stadium? I'm planning to get one but I dont want to get one online.
im missing my meator and glave frames so if any one finds/has it please pm me

BEYBLADE GIVEAWAY UPDATE

Thanks to @[originalzankye], we will now have all of the following Beyblades to giveaway to tournament participants and winners!

[Image: uqXv50R.jpg]

Please check out his Youtube channel when you get a chance!

We will be giving away a few items just before the start of the event on Friday and on Saturday, and then more at the end of the first stage before the finals. So be sure to stick around until the end.

Thanks, Zankye!
Already paid for the ticket and trained a lot. Im pretty exited for my first beyblade north experience. I'm looking forward to it!

So after buying the weekend pass for anime north, do you also have to pay the $25 to get into the tournament? Just want to clarify. Thanks.
Hey everyone: just as a heads up, I'm planning on recording several of the matches of this event as well as Friday's event as footage for my YouTube channel, in accordance with the WBO's photography policy:
All Rulebooks – Photography Policy Wrote:By attending any World Beyblade Organization Organized Play Event, you agree as either an organizer, participant, or spectator to potentially be photographed or included by video shot by staff members, organizers, or other participants/spectators.

If you would prefer to not be included in any photographs or videos, please notify the host of the event and they can make an effort to notify the person taking photos and video to minimize your appearance in them as much as possible. However, guarantees of complete exclusion cannot be made given the nature of shooting photos and video at our events (you may still appear in the background depending on the circumstances, for example). We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

If you are attending an event and plan on taking photographs or video, please ensure to do so respectfully and if you are asked to refrain from shooting someone, please make every effort to do so.

However, if you would prefer not to have your matches recorded, please let me know ahead of time either here, by Private Message, or at the tournament itself. I recently had a user contact me requesting to have a video featuring them removed, so I figured I should probably post this in advance.
Can't make my debut this time, guys, srry. got too many things right now. maybe next year me and my lil bro can come and wreck u kei.
(May. 19, 2018  10:24 PM)bladekid Wrote: Already paid for the ticket and trained a lot. Im pretty exited for my first beyblade north experience. I'm looking forward to it!

So after buying the weekend pass for anime north, do you also have to pay the $25 to get into the tournament? Just want to clarify. Thanks.

You'll have a great time, I'm sure!

Nope. As it states at the top of the event description: "Price listed under Admission on this page is for Child - Saturday Pass". That's why it also says you need to pay if you have a Passport. It's for the AN pass.
(May. 20, 2018  5:29 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 19, 2018  10:24 PM)bladekid Wrote: Already paid for the ticket and trained a lot. Im pretty exited for my first beyblade north experience. I'm looking forward to it!

You'll have a great time, I'm sure!

Nope. As it states at the top of the event description: "Price listed under Admission on this page is for Child - Saturday Pass". That's why it also says you need to pay if you have a Passport. It's for the AN pass.

Great, thanks! I cant wait.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS

Kei Wrote:Have your Account page open during registration. Participants being registered to the tournament must login to their accounts on any device able to access the profile page prior to registration in order to prove they are the account owner and to ensure their username is accurately transcribed. Alternatively, you can bring a printed copy of your account page to show the tournament host during registration.

BEYBLADE MUSEUM

Excited to announce that at this event (Saturday only!) we will have an added feature for our booth for everyone to enjoy ... a Beyblade Museum!

The Beyblade Museum will be setup along the perimeter of our booth and will be comprised of four separate enclosed cases. Each case will cover one of the four main Beyblade series/systems: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, Heavy Metal System, Metal Fight Beyblade, and Beyblade Burst.

[Image: dRW8q77.jpg]
A look at some of the signage to be displayed near the cases.

We are working on determining the exact contents of the museum currently, but you can expect to see a mix of classic favourites from the protagonists of each season (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, Draciel, Pegasus, Valkyrie, etc) as well as numerous hard to find limited edition or recoloured Beyblades.

If anyone attending the event on Saturday is willing to contribute Beyblades for the museum, please send me a private message. To be included, Beyblades must be in ideally brand new condition, or at least very good condition visually. Of particular value are any limited edition Beyblades, or Beyblades from the Plastic or HMS generation. All items will be returned to their owners at the end of the day.

Here is a look at a case similar to the ones we will be using:

[Image: HBqfxTI.jpg]

Our actual cases will vary a bit, but will be similar. Thanks to OldSchool™ for being able to get these made!

Also, I had the posters and some additional signage printed the other day! Check it out:

[Image: rGuA4Cl.jpg]
@[JesseObre], Will you be making a vlog of this AN tournament like last year? Because I really wanna see It!! Sad that I don't like on Toronto!
(May. 23, 2018  11:03 AM)Suhasini Wrote: @[JesseObre], Will you be making a vlog of this AN tournament like last year? Because I really wanna see It!! Sad that I don't like on Toronto!

I as well. @[JesseObre] Wink
Here’s a look at some of the sweet prizes we have available for tournament winners and some lucky participants in addition to the ones donated by originalzankye available throughout the weekend!

[Image: gFz9tsm.jpg]

[Image: 5aPIbq1.jpg]
Nice prizes! Those will be great to get
For anyone attending, if you have a TAKARA-TOMY Burst BeyStadium Standard Type that we can use for the tournament, or any other stadium that could be used for free play, please feel free to bring it and post here to let us know. Thank you!