BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Spring 2010 (Canada) Fall 2010 (USA & UK)

Corus Entertainment, Nelvana Wrote:6/2/2009
NELVANA ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF BEYBLADE - THE SPINNING TOP TOY PHENOMENON

BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion to Launch in North America Next Year

(LICENSING INTERNATIONAL EXPO – Las Vegas, Nevada) – Nelvana Enterprises, together with d-rights Inc., is thrilled to announce the return of the internationally successful BEYBLADE toy and programming franchise, with the introduction of 51 new episodes and a revamped toy line, both to be called BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion.

The BEYBLADE series features characters competing for dominance with their BEYBLADE tops, battling with an evil organization, Dark Nebula. The original BEYBLADE toy line was a massive hit with boys, often selling out in stores and attracting thousands of competitors to its tournaments around the world. It was awarded Toy of the Year in 2002 and 2003.

BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion will feature 51 new episodes co-produced by Nelvana and d-rights. Set to launch in North America in Fall 2010, the new series features a fresh cast of characters that take on the continued battle between good and evil. The companion toy line is produced by Tomy Company, Ltd. Hasbro, Inc. has been chosen as the master toy licensee outside of Middle East and Asia. Hasbro brought the product line successfully to market in the U.S. and other regions in 2002. Nelvana Enterprises will represent d-rights in various countries, distributing the TV series internationally, as well as for merchandising rights and home video.

The new TV series and toy line have already launched in Japan to great fanfare. The toys include all the customization features that kids love while progressing to an all-metal gear system for even more exciting battles. All-new tournaments for the BEYBLADE Battle Association are planned for North America.

“Nelvana is excited to be part of the relaunch of this global toy phenomenon and to work with our international partners to bring kids this great updated toy line and new television episodes” said Mark Northwood, Vice President, Worldwide Licensing, Nelvana Enterprises.

“We are thrilled to have been chosen for the relaunch of BEYBLADE,” said Derryl DePriest, Hasbro’s Vice President of Marketing. “Millions of kids around the world enjoyed our popular BEYBLADE product line. The innovations that our designers plan to bring to BEYBLADE tops will offer kids even more exciting and dynamic ways that they can compete in BEYBLADE battles.”

Representatives from Nelvana Enterprises are at Licensing International Expo this week in Las Vegas at Booth 2211.
http://www.corusent.com/home/Corporate/P...px?Id=1634

Accessed from Nelvana's official website.

I judged that it was necessary to make a new topic for this.

(Jun. 05, 2009  2:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: no i am not letting anyone turn this thread which has the biggest news since MFB launched in it into another "HURRR GUESS THE DUB NAMES HURRRR" thread

discuss the news or get warned. no joke

EDIT : Hasbro should launch the toys in spring 2010.

EDIT :

A lot of new and useful information here :
http://www.pr-inside.com/let-it-rip-the-...684884.htm

I have not read any other similar article anywhere else, but some points seem quite real.

Here is the information basically :

There will be a website called BeybladeBattles.com (which currently redirects to Hasbro's page, so it is probably real) where users will be able to customize their Beyblades online and fight people around the world online.

That page says it will launch in Canada first in spring 2010, and the United States will get it in fall 2010 ... To seriously be confirmed, because Corus Entertainment's initial press release mentioned all of North America.

They only mention the five-layer system, which would be the Hybrid Wheel System. The parts are, I believe :
- (no official Face name at the moment)
- Fusion Wheel
- Spin Track
- Performance Tip

There is still a Tool to assemble the parts.

Return of the "let it rip" expression.

Some of the same Japanese launchers : String Launcher, Ripcord Launcher, Wind-up Launcher and Launcher Grip.

Some electronic Beyblades.

Beyblade case.

Some of the stadiums sound as if they could be slightly similar to the Japanese ones, but they mention a Super Vortex Beystadium ...

This is the list of items they will start selling first, I think. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a single Beyblade package yet from what I understand ...
Quote:The 2010 BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION line includes.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE TOP Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $7.99)

Collect, customize, and compete with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE TOP assortment! Complete with cast metal fusion wheel, ripcord launcher, and assembly tool you can build your top to suit your battle. Whether you choose to build a defense, attack, balance or stamina top type you can enter competition confident that you will reign supreme. To take your battle to new heights, enter the unique code found in each BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE TOP package at BeybladeBattles.com to compete against other Beybladers from around the globe!

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION SUPER VORTEX BATTLE Set
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99)

Battle right out of the box with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION SUPER VORTEX BATTLE set! Complete with two exclusive BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION tops, two ripcord launchers, an exclusive high-performance SUPER VORTEX BEYSTADIUM arena, official rule book, and tournament grid this set is ready to LET IT RIP! With a unique design, competitors will enjoy enhanced battles in the SUPER VORTEX BEYSTADIUM. Players can enter the included top codes at BeybladeBattles.com to compete against other Beybladers from around the globe.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION TWO-PACK Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99)

Challenge your fiercest rival to a showdown as intense as you are with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION FACE-OFF assortment. Each five piece top features specialized parts to build your top to suit your battle; build attack tops, balance tops, defense tops and stamina tops. To take your battle to new heights, enter the unique code found in each BEYBLADE.
METAL FUSION BATTLE TOP package at BeybladeBattles.com to compete against other Beybladers from around the globe.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BEYSTADIUM Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99)

This is where battles are fought and won! Each BEYSTADIUM arena in the assortment features unique colors, size, and slope requiring players to plan a strategy and customize their tops for each competition. Choose from three arenas.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE GEAR Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $7.99)

Prepare yourself for battle and enter confidently into the competition with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE GEAR assortment. Each battle is unique so choose your gear wisely. To get the action started, select from the STRING LAUNCHER, WIND-UP LAUNCHER or LAUNCHER GRIP and send your top into combat.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION REACTOR CHAMBER

Gain the competitive edge with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION REACTOR CHAMBER accessory - this unique tool allows players to spend more time strategizing and less time assembling! Simply select your top's five components, stack them in the chamber, close it up and twist; your BEYBLADE top will instantly be assembled and ready for combat.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE CASE
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99)

Engage in on-the-go battles with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION BATTLE CASE accessory! With storage for gear and up to 20 BEYBLADE tops, the convenient carry case also opens up into a battle arena to battle anywhere.

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION ELECTRONIC TOP Assortment

Supercharge your battle with the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION ELECTRONIC TOP assortment. Packed with dramatic action, the tops feature flashing lights and battle sounds. The ELECTRONIC TOPS come preassembled and are the largest scale tops in the BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION top collection.

The Reactor Chamber sounds weird ...
I'm glad it's official the anime is coming with the toyline in the US now. It'll only be about a year until we get a "BOOM" of more interest now Smile
Oh hey, that's not a half bad name. I'm pretty damn excited. *w*
The name isn't as bad as I expected. Now we need to wait to see what the character names are and toys name are. I'm guessing it will all be changed. What are websites to do? Are we to coincide with what Hasbro and Nelvana do or what Takara and D-Rights have done? Should we change our content or leave it as it is?

This is still wonderful news. They're bringing back the BBA, what a joke! They should really consult Brad and the WBO lol.
so MFB becomes BMF.

Well, nice to finally know whats going on, I wonder what the name changes will be.

Thanks Kai-V!
(Jun. 03, 2009  2:26 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: What are websites to do? Are we to coincide with what Hasbro and Nelvana do or what Takara and D-Rights have done? Should we change our content or leave it as it is?
Personally, I will always privilege the original versions. It is up to you.

Crimson Wrote:Thanks Kai-V!
Thank you.
I guess I was hoping for too much for them to keep metal fight as the title
This is awesome news! Thanks Kai-V!!
Lol so are we scrapping mfb now? lol i really like the title its catchy, thanks for the info kai-v, im psyched i just have to keep this up untill next year now lol.
but either way, ur right rocky, the name isnt too bad, and it's hit the western worlds media alot faster than we expected, so thats another huge step
I will honour the original Japanese Toy names and Anime names. I may however add english blade names into what I already have. As for character names, there are always listed as english and japanese anyway.

I will continue to call MFB as MFB rather that BMF.

It will also be interesting to see how we as site owners keep up to date with both the Japanese market and Western market. This will be a great challenge I guess.

(Jun. 03, 2009  2:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, I will always privilege the original versions. It is up to you.
I can't say BMF without my head mentally translating it to Best Male Friend. BMFFL!~ <3

Guess I'll stick to MFB. Pinching_eyes_2
Lol either way atleast we got something better than steel squad.
that would have been sad, but im really interested in what theme song they put with it in the US, but no doubt it will be cool and catchy
why changing the name when its an english name? Confused i just cant get it.
and they mintioned something about the middle east. will we get the takara-tomy blades here not hasbros blades???
also am sure the name we will be getting here will be worse than this one..
The names OK...all I care is about the anime and the blades xD
This is great news. Thanks Kai-V Grin

I think most likely, we'll just offer the Hasbro/Nelvana names alongside the Japanese names.
Interesting. Love how it was almost exactly the same as Brads supposed "Steel Squad" email. Don't mind the name, but they should have kept it. We should get jobs as mods on the BBA board XD.
Am I really the only one who preferred Steel Squad XD?
Can't wait for these to hit UK shores though, easily accessible beyblades, cheaper prices, always a good thing ^ ^
Just hoping there won't be any major mold differences, and they'll rule out the light wheel system.
Also, a launcher with every blade will definitely be a major bonus!
They may use TTs format this time, we don't know. But will they come to the UK in 2010 as well?
Depends when in 2010 the US get them really, we tend to get most crazes a few months later. If it comes out late in 2010 for the US, the EU might not get it till 2011, but we'll have to see I guess, but I'd assume it'll come out early enough in 2010 for us to get it as well.
Fall in the US so I guess it might come out for Christmas but not you'know properly. Just in Argos where they are out of stock half the time.
ToysR'Us have usually been pretty good for beyblade stock in the past, well, they should be after what happened when beyblade first came out, and they had one small section for it Tired
Guessing this time they'll have an entire wall display for it if it's as popular this time round.
thanks for posting this Kai-V, I'm excited for it to come out.

though I'm still curious on what the name's are going to be. I think Kyouya will be shortened to Kyo, but thats the only I think will be. @-@
It feels so strange for me to know about this from the start, rather than catching beyblade at the end like I did for plastics. I am so thrilled that I already know so much before others!!!!