BB-P01 Vulcan Horuseus 145D - Draft

(Dec. 21, 2010  8:17 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Thanks guys! lol, does Daegor get the credit for uploading it?

Nah, it was your article. I was just speeding things along. I'm curious though. I noticed while posting it that you actually weighed the Face. None of the other articles have a Face weight. Should we keep that in there?
I've noticed that the weights of Faces can vary. I personally think we should leave that in there, because of the presence of the variability in weights.
I predicted that the Vulcan wheel would be lighter guess i was wrong.......
Great article...
rated 5 stars
Why say that. We know it's good. If it wasn't it would have been uploaded.
Okay, as per Kai-V taking me up on my offer – I've written up a mold differences section - took a little longer than I wanted but it's not been an easy week. I've already updated the article with it, and my picture: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...useus_145D

That said, I also wanted to provide explanations for the numbers and some other things (I explained the performance differences in my testing post here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-Vulc...pid1199338 and also did some more testing here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-Beat...pid1199381)

Weights:
The weight currently there is Momo's, which from the other weights of the parts he included is reliable (his horuseus is 2.92 compared to my 2.91 missing one or two stickers).
I have the following weights for the original mold from flicking through the weights of MFB thread:
31.90 (Arupaeo) – didn't list a version but at this weight I think it's a safe guess.
32.2 (Callum6939 – the rest of his weights are similar to mine for the most part)
32.38 (Momo)
31.98 (th!nk)
Average: 32.115g
Almost half a gram of variation there, but pretty even distribution along the range. I've changed the weight on beywiki to 32.1g.

For mold 2 ones, or at least ones we can safely assume are mold 2, we have:
33.26 (Byser)
33.23 (th!nk)
33.07 (th!nk)
Average: 33.1866666667
I've used 33.2g as the weight for the Mold 2 Version, with a rounding to a 1g difference for less formal reference to it.

" L " provided some weights but I've asked him to re-check them as they were both significantly higher than any of the others here.

Before anyone questions the "heaviest metal wheel" thing, the term Metal Wheel is only used for Hybrid System wheels – not 4D Metal Wheels or Chrome Wheels or Metal System "Wheels". Of these, Vulcan is the sixth heaviest (Basalt, Hell, Screw, Gravity, Sol Mold 2, Vulcan) out of roughly 30 metal wheels produced by takara.
That said, if people think it's too confusing or irrelevant then it can be removed.

Anyway, here's what I wrote:

Quote:===IMPORTANT: Mold Variations===
[[Image:VulcanMoldComparison.png|thumb|Comparison of Vulcan Molds: Mold 1 is on the left, Mold 2 is on the right.]]
Vulcan has two different molds. The first was only used for the initial Limited Edition release, while the second was used for [[Random Booster Vol.7 Beat Lynx]] and all Hasbro releases, and features a thicker tail end to Vulcan's walls, though as Vulcan is not known to be a fragile part the reason for this change is unclear. As a result of this additional material the second mold has an average weight of 33.2g compared to the 32.1g of the original, making it one of the heavier Metal Wheels produced by Takara Tomy.

The increased weight noticeably reduces [[Recoil]], increasing Vulcan's Attack ability against most opponents. However, against same-height opponents the additional metal slightly obstructs Vulcan's contact points, making it no more effective than the first mold, albeit with most losses coming by failure to KO the opponent rather than being knocked out as a result of its own Recoil.

Still, as it is no worse than the original in any given match up and noticeably more effective against most opponents, the second mold is preferred for competitive use, though it is still not a significant enough improvement to allow Vulcan to threaten heavyweights such as [[Basalt Horogium 145WD|Basalt]], [[Duo Uranus 230WD|Duo]] and the many Synchrom Defense customizations introduced by [[Beyblade Zero-G]].

I noticed the 145 section appears out of date (it mentions AD145 being a recent release and DF145 outperforming 145 which was never conclusively proven. That said, given the huge number of articles that use it, I would rather leave an update until we can eventually implement transclusion. The Vulcan section could also be more detailed about how it hits upward, making it better than most right spin wheels of its time against RS, as well as the fact it sucks above 120 or thereabouts (presumably a matter of centre of gravity for its upward attacks combined with a need to get under stuff, which is why 230 and BD145 murdered it). At that point the mold changes section should be updated to say it did nothing to help that either.

But for the time being I'm going to leave it at that, seeing as there'll be a lot of rewriting in general soon enough as limited gets to the point where we really get into re-evaluating things thoroughly, so doing anything more now seems a bit of a waste.

Oh, and this thread should be moved to the approved drafts subforum, no?
I finally get to read this. It was already added, but I am completely fine with everything, so I will move this to the Approved Articles sub-forum.