BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

[Image: di-555R.png]

[Image: di-GXYY.png]

Face: Orion

The Face of this Beyblade depicts the constellation of Orion, a mighty hunter in Greek Mythology.

Clear Wheel: Orion

-Weight: 3.0 Grams

Orion is a four-sided Clear Wheel that has two sharper spikes and two broad edges. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's forehead, and create a distinct face when used in conjunction with Phantom. It contains the iron powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have, however this does not add significantly to it's weight.

4D Metal Wheel: Phantom

-Weight: 44.50 Grams

Unlike any other Metal Frame, Phantom contains no center unless it is combined with it's plastic Core to make the full Metal Wheel. Phantom is structured of both a Metal Frame and Core. The Core is located in the center of the Metal Wheel, and is polycarbonate. The Core is the Base of the Metal Wheel, as it is where the rest of the Beyblade's parts connect to. The Metal Frame surrounds the Core, and this structure provides many positive attributes, the most prominent being the Flywheel effect.

Phantom has two Modes, named "Attack Mode" and "Stamina Mode", and can switch Modes by flipping the Metal Frame 180 Degrees. Stamina Mode is when the Metal Frame displays Orion's "Smirk", four blue stars, and two prominent smooth curves. The more rigid and indented Mode is Attack Mode.

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom's Stamina Mode has a very circular shape with smooth edges, thus making it a good Stamina and Defense Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy and EDS, this Beyblade is effective in the combination MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS/CS.

Metal Frame: Phantom

-Weight: 42.0 Grams

Due to it having no center, the increase in weight on the outside of the 4D Metal Wheel creates an increased amount of the Flywheel Effect; and therefore giving better balance to the 4D Metal Wheel as a whole. Phantom is a thick, relatively indented wheel, and its design complements Orion. Orion's eyes can also be seen on each side of Phantom. The Metal Frame is the main cause of Phantom's great performance, focusing almost all of the weight on the outer edge of the wheel. This produces excellent stamina and balance. It is also the source of the 4D Wheel's Mode Change.

Phantom has two modes: Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. To distinguish them, Stamina Mode is when the Metal Frame displays Orion's "smirk" and the four blue stars, along with two prominent smooth curves. Flipping the Metal Frame displays Attack Mode. This mode is more rigid and indented than Stamina Mode.

Phantom's Core:

-Weight: 2.50 Grams

This Core is a translucent purple color, and holds four upward-facing protrusions that fill in the four gaps on the of the Metal Frame. It is made of the light-weight Polycarbonate material that all plastic components of MFB are made of. It is not very thick, but contributes to Phantom's Balance within the stadium.

The Core also indirectly helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Frame, because the shock of a Beyblade's contact is more easily absorbed by plastic. The Core can only be used with the Phantom Metal Frame.

Bottom: Bearing Drive (B:D):

-Weight: 3.45 Grams

B:D has a unique, tall shape, and a height comparable to the TH170 (170 height) Track. It is also of a translucent yellow color which allows a faint view of the internal workings of the Shielded Ball Bearings. B:D is similar to bearings used in past Beyblade Systems such as Wolborg MS' Bearing Core, and lives up to the reputation that Bearings have. Bearings allow the Beyblade to spin for long periods of time with minimal amounts of friction.

Bearing Drive features a metal shaft connected to the middle of the 4D Bottom, a metal casing that it connected to the tip of B:D, and metal spheres in between them. Sometimes, the bearing is able to stop the shaft from spinning, resulting in less friction between the stadium floor and itself. These factors increase Stamina, and due to these features, B:D can reach solo spin times of up to seven minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because of B:D's bearing, its height, and its Stamina, B:D is a good Stamina Bottom. With a Metal Face Heavy, and Phantom Metal Frame, this Beyblade is versatile in the combination: MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D.

Other Versions

- Phantom Orion B:D Skeleton Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (White)

Gallery

Coming Soon

Overall

-Weight: 48.15 Grams

Phantom Orion B:D is an extremely versatile Beyblade that contains many useful parts. B:D is considered, by many, to be the best Stamina Bottom. Phantom has proven to be roughly comparable to Basalt and Scythe for Stamina in some combinations, and superior to them in others; and as an added bonus, works well with the 4D Bottom it comes with. While Orion may not have much use at all, B:D and Phantom make up for this. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Categories: Beyblade | Metal Fight Beyblade

BeyWiki Preview:

nice nice nice i want one so bad but didnt they say tht the BGrin isnt the reason why it can spin for 7 mins and it doesnt even reach 7 mins its in the 5 mins range
Thanks man! I know it hits the five minute range, quite..

But I would not write that since some people are hitting over seven minutes. Hah, I would not of wrote this if I didn't own it..

Anyways, who likes the Graphic. Soon to come, a preview of the BeyWiki page!

ohhhh alright and the graphic is awesome this thread looks amazing
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Clear Wheel: Orion

Orion is a four sided, symmetrical Clear Wheel, with two sharp spikes and two broad edges. Orion has two slopes on opposing ends, which should be taken into account when selecting which Metal Wheel to use Orion with. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's head, creating a distinct face.

Metal Wheel: Phantom

Phantom is the first Metal Wheel that has no center. While only being a circle, it has no centre. This design allows it to create more Stamina, as there is an increased amount of the "Flywheel" effect, and force is absorbed within the Core. Phantom is a thick and relatively indented wheel with the design of Orion and its eyes on both sides of the Metal Wheel. The Phantom Metal Wheel also has four spaces within its inner lining, which is to increase air flow to create a better sense of Balance.

Phantom has two modes; Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. The simplest way to distinguish Attack Mode is Orion's "face" showing. This mode creates more recoil and Smash within the wheel because there is a intruding gap with sharper edges. Stamina Mode is easier to recognize because of the octagon shape engraved in the top, and is distinguished as being nearly completely round. Stamina Mode has no prominent contact points, as it is smooth all around. As the name suggests, Stamina mode has the most Survival abilities of the two modes, due to the minimal recoil.

Due to Phantom's circular shape and smooth edges, Phantom is a good Stamina Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy, and EDS, this Beyblade is effective in the combinations: MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS (Stamina Mode) and MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D (Stamina Mode).

Phantom's Core:

The Core is of a translucent purple color, and contains four upward facing protrusion to fill in the four gaps of the Phantom Metal Wheel. The Core also helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Wheel.

The Core on this Beyblade takes the place of the missing space in the centre of the Phantom Metal Wheel. Made of Polycarbonate material, it is light weight. The shape of this part is similar to the Metal Wheel of Scythe Kronos, it has an upward ledge supported by the surface of itself. This ledge helps it to connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, thus making it much more durable.

B:D has a unique, tall shape, a translucent yellow color, and is slightly shorter than the 230 Track. Similar to the Plastic Generation, it has a ball bearing, which was a highly anticipated gimmick for MFB, as Bearings are a huge asset to Stamina. Because of these bearings, B:D has the ability to spin spin for long periods of time, sometimes even up to 7 minutes.

The design of B:D is simple, but has many benefits. It features a metal shaft connected to the middle of the 4D Bottom, a metal casing that it connected to the tip of B:D, and metal balls in between them. The balls are beneficial because rather than metal rubbing on metal, which happens with the Eternal Bottom series, the balls roll inside the casing, resulting in minimal friction and increased Stamina.

Because of this, the Beyblade that this 4D Bottom is used with can reach incredibly long spin times, and can even spin when the tip of B:D is not moving. B:D is quite versatile because of its Stamina, and it's bearing is able to stop the tip from spinning, allowing literally no friction between the stadium floor and itself. Some B:D's however, seem to only spin for three or five minutes, so make sure to test your B:D before you do any competitive battling with it.

Because of B:D's bearing and its height, B:D is a great Stamina Bottom. With a Metal Face Heavy, and Phantom Metal Wheel, this Beyblade is versatile in the combination: MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D (Stamina Mode).

Overall

Phantom Orion has great, versatile parts, each with endless potential in Stamina. B:D is already considered by some the best Stamina bottom to be released, and Phantom is also being considered better than the top-tier Stamina Wheels: Scythe and Basalt. Though Orion is not so useful, Phantom and B:D make up for this. It is a worthy purchase for anyone looking to play with Stamina types. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

I liked it, so I made quite a few edits.

Someone needs to check over my description of how the bearings work.

I didn't put a Mold Variation for B:D, I just put it at the end of the section.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: [Image: picture2jj.png]
Face: Orion
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Orion, the giant hunter of space.

Clear Wheel: Orion

Orion is a four sided Clear Wheel, it has two sharp spikes and two broad edges. The iron shavings within this 4D Clear Wheel is meant to add weight. Orion is also the first Clear Wheel that has two slopes within its side. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's head, creating a distinct face.

Metal Wheel: Phantom

Phantom is the first Metal Wheel that has no center. The metal wheel itself is a circle. This design allows it to retain more Stamina with ridding itself of unnecessary force, which is absorbed within the plastic core. Phantom is a thick and relatively smooth wheel. It has the design of Orion's menacing smirk which is on both sides of the metal wheel, this is the only part of the wheel which can produce any form of recoil.

Phantom has two modes: Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. Attack Mode is when Orion's smirk is showing which creates recoil and smash due to its edgy form. Stamina Mode can be identified by being nearly completely round and the octagon shape engraved at the top of the wheel. This mode has no prominent contact points making it nearly perfect for Stamina.

The Phantom Metal Wheel also has four spaces withing its inner lining, this is more for air flow to create a better sense of Balance.

Due to Phantom's Stamina Mode, its circular shape, and smooth edges, Phantom is a good Stamina Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy, a BD145 and an EDS this Beyblade is quite effective as its minute recoil along with added weight make it difficult to knock out or out-spin: MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS.

Phantom's Core:

The Core is a translucent purple, and contains four upward facing protrusion to fill in the four gaps of the Phantom Metal Wheel. The Core also helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Wheel.

The Core on this Beyblade contains the center missing on the Phantom Metal Wheel. Made of Polycarbonate material, it is light weight. The shape of this part is similar to the Metal Wheel of Scythe Kronos, it has an upward ledge supported by the surface of itself. This ledge helps it to connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, thus making it much more durable.

A Bearing based MFB has been one of the longest waited releases of the entire series, as it was such a success in prior generations for the Zombie type, which tyrannized tournaments everywhere. B:D has a unique, tall shape similar to that of Wolborg MS' Bearing Core; it is also of a translucent yellow color which provides a faint view of the internal workings of the NSK ball bearings and it has the height comparable to the 230 Track without tip. These 2 balls are places in an inner and outer ring within B:D intended for extremely low friction and a 'smooth' spinning. Due to this, the Bottom can reach to spin times of seven minutes, which is Phantom Orions gimmick: an extreme amount of Stamina.
B:D is quite versatile because of its amount of Stamina, because just like other Bearing releases the shaft and tip are not working in tandem allowing literally little-to-no friction between the stadium floor and the actual beyblade itself.

Because of B:D's bearings which aid greatly in stamina, minute friction it can be put to good use in the combination: MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D. With a Metal Face Heavy, the Phantom Metal Wheel, B:D can be put to it's full potential and maximize it's Stamina capabilities.

Other Versions

- Phantom Orion B:D Skeleton Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (Black)

Gallery

Coming Soon

Overall

Phantom Orion B:D is unarguably a necessity for any competitive Stamina blader: Phantom is considered, by many, better than the current top-tier Stamina Wheels: Scythe and Basalt which have been dominating the metagame for quite some time. Though Orion is negligible, Phantom was more than anything the Beyblade community ever expected from this release, and B:D while sometimes coming short in our dreams due to the success of Bearings the Heavy Metal Series and Plastic Generation, is nevertheless considered the best stamina bottom available. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Categories: Beyblade | Metal Fight Beyblade

I was honestly thinking of just C+P the Bearing Core text and using it for B:D haha.
nice thread!
Phantom is effective in low type stamina too isn't it? Also you haven't said at all how to change between the modes of the Phantom wheel. This definitely needs to be mentioned.
I will add that, Ultrablader.

As for SSJ's edits, I will have to look over those.
I added all the edits I should of.

FOr SHabalabadoo's edits, some of it was quite repetitive, and it was already down firm what it meant.

I mixed in my thoughts, and the rest of the crowd's suggestions!

I will be adding the BeyWiki preview now!
This needs a lot of work.

(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Metal Wheel: Phantom

Phantom is the first Metal Wheel that has no center. It is an empty wheel, while only being a circle.
Phantom is a 4D metal wheel, not a regular metal wheel. So you should refer to the two sections on the wheel as Phantom's metal frame and Phantom's core. So the empty wheel description seems unnecessary, since other metal frames are also “empty wheels” and “circles”.

(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: as the force is absorbed within the Core.
Chief - Sigh ...
That makes no sense.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: The Phantom Metal Wheel also has four spaces withing its inner lining, this is more for air flow to create a better sense of Balance.
DJ - Sad.
I’m pretty sure the spaces are just for aesthetic purposes.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Due to Phantom's Stamina Mode, its circular shape, and smooth edges, Phantom is a good Defense Wheel.
I don’t think there is enough testing to prove this yet.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: The Core also helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Wheel.
No.
The core is plastic so that the entire wheel will have better weight distribution.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: …it has an upward ledge supported by the surface of itself. This ledge helps it to connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, thus making it much more durable.
This sounds really awkward and unnecessary. I would delete this part.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: It has the height comparable to the 230 Track.
This is very misleading. People are going to read this and think, “whoa it’s just as tall as 230 + some bottom!” Compare the height to a track with a bottom attached to it.
You should mention that some BGrins are "bad", but honestly, I think it’s far too early to be doing an article on this bey, plus this article needs a lot more work and rewording.

Your:

1st: Wrong, 4D is within Metal Fight Beyblade. 4D is too specific, and other articles are in unison with mine.

2nd: "As the force is absorbed within the core" What do you not get? The hits are abosrbed in the core.

3rd: Check out the Phantom testing thread, you'd be surprised from my own and more testings.

4th: And have you done testings to show so? Hm?

5th: The ledge is as Scythe's Metal Wheel, its a ledge, upward, that reaches out. EDIT: I can edit that, what do you want me to write?

6th: I do not know who you think will be reading this, but it'd be the opposite of what you're saying entirely. It is comparable, so are you saying that:

"Hey that book is so long!"

Does that automatically mean it is a book like the Harry Potter serious?

Maybe your post needed work, because Shabalabadoo fixed it up Uncertain
It needs a lot more work, but I also think we should wait a bit for this draft. We don't even know the source of this spin time discrepancy.
His points make sense, but the first few were wrong. Time is not an issue as we have heaps of tests already.

Honestly, we need, I personally think, just a little bit more effort on the draft.

The spin times of those are not even molds, we cannot know if it is the person shooting or if it is something else.

I will confirm this later in the next coming weeks once I have my hands on all of the "molds".
I'm thinking if there is A1, A2, A3 and A4 + there is a clear difference in performance, I would consider a specific mold, no? WD also has this :V

Edit: you also didn't change a thing for the overall, iirc. :V
IDK if you read my edits but mentioning the same combination over is redundant. (Phantom B:D)
He didn't edit anything for Overall...

You made edits? Oh! I missed them!
Honestly, I think just saying Plastic Generations fits good.

What Beyblade had this similar gimmick? Sorry, I was not into the plastics..
I don't see how you looked over it, I mean good god it's the largest post here.
lol.
Can you please tell me what I should add for the plastics part, as I think deep details are not too nessecary.

So like some sentences say what plastic Beyblade it was similar too, how, why, etc.
(Oct. 01, 2011  10:41 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: What Beyblade had this similar gimmick? Sorry, I was not into the plastics..
The bey, or beys, are:
Metal Dragon Bearing Stinger
Wolborg
Wolborg 2 (except this had a rubber tip)
And Burning Kerberous. There might be more with bearings, but that's all I can think of. (was into plastics 8 years ago, my memory isn't that clear)

Okay then, thank you CRUelty!

I will get Dan to look at that, and come up with something..
my edits Wrote:B:D has a unique, tall shape similar to that of Wolborg MS' Bearing Core; it is also of a translucent yellow color which provides a faint view of the internal workings of the NSK ball bearings and it has the height comparable to the 230 Track without tip.
That is probably as far as we go into the past, I'd say. Just like the VariAres article, Dranzer F is linked to, and thats it. :V
What you refer to as "Metal Wheel", is actually the "Metal Frame".
Gotch'ya! But clearly so is VariAres, and its called Metal Wheel...

I will ask Kei.
No, VariAres' box says you're wrong.

Phantom Orion's box has "Metal Frame" and "Core" clearly labelled, VariAres does not.
Yes it does, but you did not realize that the BeyWiki format is on argument with that, and even Kei said that Kai-V would know:

Kei Wrote:
BeybladeStation Wrote:Sorry to bother if I am, but just made my BB-118 Draft and I would like to know if Phantom would be considered a "Metal Frame" or "Metal Wheel"?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-118-P...-B-D-Draft

That's a good question. I'll forward this to Kai-V. She might know if they made such a distinction with Phantom.