BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

(Oct. 14, 2011  4:18 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: 4D Metal Wheel: Phantom

-Weight: 44.50 Grams

Phantom Orion is structured/composed of both the a Metal Frame and Core, and these two combine to make one Metal Wheel. The structure of the Metal Frame and Core provides many positive attributes, the most prominent being the added Flywheel effect that the outwards weight produces. Phantom Orion can switch modes by flipping the Core Metal Frame 180 Degrees, or visa-versa where the Metal Frame could be flipped.

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom's Stamina Mode has a very circular shape with smooth edges, thus making it a good Stamina and Defense Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy and EDS, this Beyblade is effective in the combination MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS.

Metal Frame

-Weight: 42.0 Grams

[The Metal Frame on Phantom has no centre, and the gap is filled by the Core]Arguably, the frame on L Drago Destroy is the only frame with a "centre", metal or otherwise. This increase in weight on the outside of the 4D Metal Wheel creates an increased amount of the Flywheel Effect; and therefore giving better balance to the 4D Metal Wheel as a whole. Phantom is a thick, relatively indented wheel, and its design emulates complements Orion. Orion's eyes can also be seen on each side of Phantom. Moreover, four blue stars are incorporated in the design of the Metal Frame at four equally separated corners, designed to fit with the three blue shapes on the Face and, together, form the Orion constellation on the Beyblade when it is in Stamina Mode.

Phantom has two modes: Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. To distinguish them, Stamina Mode is when the Metal Frame displays Orion's "smirk" and the four blue stars, along with two prominent smooth curves. Flipping the Metal Frame displays Attack Mode. This mode is more rigid and indented than Stamina Mode.

The "smirk" on Stamina Mode creates Recoil and Smash Attack as well, due to its edgy form and its protruding gaps. Because of this, Attack Mode is ironically the preferred Mode for Stamina, as it has been shown to have less recoil. This Metal Frame can only be used with the accompanyingPhantom Core.

Core:

-Weight: 2.50 Grams

This Core is a translucent purple color, and holds four upward-facing protrusions that fill in the four gaps on the underside of the Metal Frame. It is [the centre on the Phantom 4D Metal Wheel, and]A core is usually a "center" is made of the light-weight Polycarbonate material that all plastic components of MFB are made of. The shape of the Core is similar to the Metal Wheel of Scythe Kronos, as it has a top ledge built into the surface, which is to connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, as well as the rest of the Beyblade's parts.

The Core also indirectly helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Frame, because the shock of a Beyblade's contact is more easily absorbed by plastic. This Core can only be used with the accompanying Phantom Metal Frame.

Bottom: Bearing Drive:

-Weight: 3.45 Grams

Bearings have been held of in high regards because of how useful NSK Bearings were in the Plastic and HMS generations. Metal Fight Beyblade had lack of a Bearing part, but when the 4D System was created, the perfect opportunity for a Bearing arose. Bearing Drive is what Metal Fight Beyblade fans have anticipated, as the wait was very prolonged. However, it wasn't until the release of the 4D System and its 4D bottoms, which allowed for more complex gimmicks, that a Bearing part was created for Metal Fight Beyblade.

Fixed it up grammaratically and rearranged a bit.

Fixed a few things and added/removed things I felt should be.

BeybladeStation Wrote:Why is all the information originally placed in the 4D Metal Wheel section now taken away?
At the risk of offending you, likely because it wasn't all that well written, to put it mildly.
I'm no kid, and I don't get offended so easily.

I'll add that.

That is debatable..
Why is the one in the OP a messed up version of the one in Nocto's post?
Or, I just edited it. I added yours and Noctos.

I left in the "Secluded" part because it is a good opening.

You should also realize the site was down today.
No, it isn't secluded in that way.

And I still see things in the OP that are different from Nocto's post ... It's still messed up.

Highlight. Right Click. Copy. Click Page One. Press Edit. Highlight. Right Click. Paste.

I swear man, what's with you not ever using people's edits they way they were... I've gone through the entire thing twice, Kai-V has been through it, Dan has gone through it, Nocto has gone through it, and maybe others that I'm forgetting. How many of those 5+ entire edits did you put in the OP? Zero!
I've already been over this; his refusal to take others complete edits just shows his inability to cooperate and the constant need to feel like the glory is all his. He'll learn at some point..
Realize that if I add past edits you guys will just rant that I removed your edits because it contradicts.
We're just bringing up the fact that when you are given edits, you should C+P ALL of it and use it as OP: it is still your information, just presented better by someone else who took the time to edit it!
By not doing that or just taking parts you come across as not wanting help etc.
I did not remove one thing that you needed added. I added it all, clearly you guys base everything on one sentence I wrote. The "Secluded" one. Really that is all you're basing off of..

OR You could read the rest and realize eveyything is there

edit: I'm sure Shabalabadoo will prove me wrong somehow but i cant really quote anything for myself becauuse I'm on an iPod right now
I read the rest. That's what I'm actually talking about. You can't honestly say that these are exactly the same:

Nocto's Edits (Click to View)

They're different. You changed small things, big things, added incorrect sentences. Each section has extra incorrect junk that you added. Plus you didn't put what was added in the 4D Bottom section.

I don't even get it man... Plus, why lie? I know how to read, the "secluded" was the least of the changes.
Those were included? I though those were your edits..
huh? Nocto's edits of my edits weren't included. The OP (fist quote in my previous post) is different from both.

You do know that those two spoilers were different? I'll label them.
I had that down I had added some openings, so now I added it. EDITED

NO, the OP one was to Noctos edit if YOURS, then you showed me this one which looked better
My comments or suggested edits are noted in red, in line below.

(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: [Image: di-555R.png]

[Image: di-GXYY.png]

Face: Orion
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Orion, the giant hunter of space in Greek mythology as well as the constellation.

Orion doesn't hunt space, and he was more mighty than giant.

Clear Wheel: Orion

-Weight: 3.0 Grams

Orion is a four-sided Clear Wheel that has two sharper spikes and two broad edges. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's forehead, creating a distinct face. It contains the iron powder that all Beyblade Metal Fight 4D Clear Wheels have, however this does not add significantly to it's weight.

The clear wheel is a circle with bilateral symmetry, not a square (which is what 4 sided implies)

4D Metal Wheel: Phantom

-Weight: 44.50 Grams

Unlike any other Metal Frame, Phantom contains no center unless it is combined with it's plastic Core to make the full Metal Wheel. Phantom is structured of both a Metal Frame and Core, these two combine to make one Metal Wheel. Unlike any other full Metal Wheel, the center of this Metal Wheel is polycarbonate, due to the Core acting as a Metal Wheel base. Hence, the structure of the Metal Frame and Core provides many positive attributes, the most prominent being the added Flywheel effect that the outwards weight produces. Phantom can switch modes by flipping the Metal Frame 180 Degrees.

The rest of the above paragraph needs significant work that I'm not prepared to address right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom's Stamina Mode has a very circular shape with smooth edges, thus making it a good Stamina and Defense Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy and EDS, this Beyblade is effective in the combination MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS.

Metal Frame: Phantom

-Weight: 42.0 Grams

Phantom is the first Metal Frame that has no metal center, only a Metal Frame. Due to it having no center, there is an increase in weight on the outside of the 4D Metal Wheel and therefore creates an increased amount of the Flywheel Effect; and therefore giving better balance to the 4D Metal Wheel as a whole. It is an empty wheel, because its Core creates the full Metal Wheel. This is due to its circular form. The force is instead absorbed within the Core. Phantom is a thick, relatively indented wheel, and its design emulates Orion. Orion's eyes can also be seen on each side of Phantom. Moreover, four blue stars are incorporated in the design of the Metal Frame at four equally separated corners, designed to fit with the three blue shapes on the Face and, together, form the Orion constellation on the Beyblade when it is in Stamina Mode.

The above paragraph is largely redundant as almost all of the information has already been provided in the preceding sections except for the "face in the wheel" sentences.

Phantom has two modes: Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. To distinguish, Stamina Mode is in place when the Metal Frame displays Orion's "smirk" and the four blue stars, along with the two smooth curves. This "smirk" creates recoil and smash due to its edgy form and its intruding gap with sharper edges. Flipping the Metal Frame displays Attack Mode. This mode is more rigid and indented than Stamina Mode. Attack Mode is the most preferred out of the two available modes, as it has been shown to contain more Stamina due to minimal recoil.

Phantom's Core:

-Weight: 2.50 Grams

The Core is a translucent purple color, and holds four upward-facing protrusion to fill in the four gaps of the Phantom Metal Frame. The Core also helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Frame, while never really receiving them directly. The Core is only compatible with the Phantom Metal Frame, and visa-versa.

The Core on this Beyblade is the centre on the Phantom Metal Frame. Made of Polycarbonate material, it is light weight. The shape of the Core is similar to the Metal Wheel of Scythe Kronos, as it has a top ledge built into the surface. This ledge helps it connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, thus making it much more durable.

I see no use for the above paragraph.

The Core also indirectly helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Frame, because the shock of a Beyblade's contact is more easily absorbed by plastic. This Core can only be used with the Metal Frame.

I don't believe that this effect actually exists, or is entirely negligible if it does.

Bottom: Bearing Drive (BGrin):

-Weight: 3.45 Grams

BGrin has a unique, tall shape, similar to that of the Wolborg MS' Bearing Core. It is also of a translucent yellow color which allows a faint view of the internal workings of the NSK bearings, and a height comparable to the TH170 Track (@ 170 height). BGrin's gimmick increases Stamina, as it can spin for long periods of time with minimal amounts of friction.

A metal shaft extends up BGrin, surrounded by a casing that is connected to the free spinning tip, and metal balls between each. This Bottom can also be quite versatile because of its Stamina; the bearing is able to stop the shaft from spinning, allowing literally no friction between the stadium floor and itself. This also allows the tip of BGrin to stop moving at times, while the rest of the Beyblade still spins with normal Stamina. These factors increase Stamina, and due to these features, BGrin can reach solo spin times of up to seven minutes.

Bearing Drive features a metal shaft connected to the middle of the 4D Bottom, with a metal casing that it connected to the tip of BGrin, and metal spheres in between them. This gimmick works because the metal shaft is sliding against the rolling balls, leading to an increase in Stamina and minimal friction.

The preceding two paragraphs need to be combined into one. "literally no friction" is incorrect at a fundamental level and should be replaced with something like "significantly less friction".

Because of BGrin's bearing, its height, and its Stamina, BGrin is a good Stamina Bottom. With a Metal Face Heavy, and Phantom Metal Frame, this Beyblade is versatile in the combination: MF/-H Phantom Orion BGrin.

Other Versions

- Phantom Orion BGrin Skeleton Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (White)

Gallery

Coming Soon

Overall

-Weight: 48.15 Grams

Phantom Orion BGrin is an extremely versatile Beyblade that contains many useful parts. BGrin is considered by many to be the best Stamina Bottom. Phantom is also proven to be potentially better than Basalt and Scythe at Stamina,and as an added bonus, works well with the 4D Bottom it comes with. While Orion may not have much use at all, BGrin and Phantom make up for this. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Something cannot simultaneously be "proven" and "potentially". You might consider replacing this with some thing like "phantom has proven to be roughly comparable to Basalt and Scythe for stamina in some combinations, and superior to them in others.". (assuming of course that we all believe this to be true)

Categories: Beyblade | Metal Fight Beyblade

BeyWiki Preview:

All in all, a fair start, but I think this still needs significant additional work.
The B:D section is still messed up, BeybladeStation.
To Aurapaeo, the Face I found on greek mythology website, what should I change it to.

EDITING DONE! CHECK OP EDITS FROM:

Shabala, Dan, Aurapeo, and Nocto all ADDED
Are you joking? lol he said what to change it to:
Quote:Face: Orion
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Orion, the giant hunter of space in Greek mythology as well as the constellation.

Orion doesn't hunt space, and he was more mighty than giant.

That means ( GrinJShock: )
"The face of this beyblade depicts the constellation of Orion, often referred to as 'The Hunter' in Greek mythology"
Dear sir, you should realize that mighty is included.

Thank You.
It is called The Hunter, not The Mighty Hunter. It honestly doesn't matter a single iota.
Did he not say it was more mighty though?
More mighty than giant. Neither are a necessity and both are opinions.
Hey I looked at Wikipedia and thats what they had.

I updated it, I hope you like it.
Really? I went on wikipedia myself before posting.

This is what they had to say: "Orion, often referred to as The Hunter, is a prominent constellation located on the celestial equator and visible throughout the world. It is one of the most conspicuous, and most recognizable constellations in the night sky. Its name refers to Orion, a hunter in Greek mythology."

Yeah, no giant/mighty/uberdragonslayerturboknight.