BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

Sorry about the wild goose chase on "mighty". For the curious, here's where I got it from.

Part 1
Some ancient mythologies (including Judea-Christian) include a character called Nimrod (I'm not making this up) who is a hunter and considered by some to be the historical origin of the Orion myth.

Part 2
I'm a singer, and some years ago had the opportunity to sing a festival cantata called Rejoice in the Lamb, by composer Benjamin Britten. Britten composed his cantata and used lyrics from a poem called Jubilate Ango by Christopher Smart (written while he was in an insane asylum). In that poem, and the cantata is this line, "Let Nimrod, the mighty hunter, bind a Leopard to the altar, and consecrate his spear to the Lord."

So, in my mind, Orion is the same guy as Nimrod, and that particular line comes to my mind whenever i think about Orion the Hunter.
We could always just not capitalise "mighty" and there would not be such an issue with precision ...
Thanks Aurapaeo, I added "mighty" and did not capitalize it!

Oh and thanks Kai-V too!

Just realized that I had to add Nocto's pictures, will do that tomorrow!
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Overall

-Weight: 48.15 Grams

Phantom Orion BGrin is an extremely versatile Beyblade that contains many useful parts. BGrin is considered, by many, to be the best Stamina Bottom. Phantom has proven to be roughly comparable to Basalt and Scythe for Stamina in some combinations, and superior to them in others; and as an added bonus, works well with the 4D Bottom it comes with. While Orion may not have much use at all, BGrin and Phantom make up for this. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.
Basalt sucks in solo-spin :\
Good Draft though!
(Oct. 23, 2011  9:58 AM)Galaxy Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Overall

-Weight: 48.15 Grams

Phantom Orion BGrin is an extremely versatile Beyblade that contains many useful parts. BGrin is considered, by many, to be the best Stamina Bottom. Phantom has proven to be roughly comparable to Basalt and Scythe for Stamina in some combinations, and superior to them in others; and as an added bonus, works well with the 4D Bottom it comes with. While Orion may not have much use at all, BGrin and Phantom make up for this. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.
Basalt sucks in solo-spin :\
Good Draft though!
It does? Okay! I will edit!

(Oct. 23, 2011  9:58 AM)Galaxy Wrote: Basalt sucks in solo-spin :\
Good Draft though!
Cool story, it does well in current stamina battles.
Then what should I do?
Keep it.
(Oct. 23, 2011  2:24 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  9:58 AM)Galaxy Wrote: Basalt sucks in solo-spin :\
Good Draft though!
Cool story, it does well in current stamina battles.

It depends:
1) I was talking in solo-spin (no battles)
2) Basalt does well at the same height or so. If i play Basalt 230 SD vs Schyte T125 SD,Schyte will win.

For this reason, Basalt good in Stamina = lie, because a good Stamina must have as first quality an excellent solo-spin time.
Basalt does well in stamina battles not for its great stamina qualities,but because Basalt crashes the other MWs.
Yeah, I get it. In pure stamina Basalt is garbage, but it does well in its own way whether than is considered stamina or just recoil.

Solo-spin means nothing, and the eternal example is Rock's ability of having great spin times but garbage performance vs. anything. Solo-Spin is never mentioned in beywiki articles except for BGrin's gimmick.

Everything but Scythe, Earth and Phantom is defeated by Basalt. We know Scythe and Phantom are better and it is mentioned so what is your point here? lol
xD
My point is that to put a Bey in a category,we must see its qualities and then judge what is it.
Basalt hasn't the quality of a Stamina MWs,or am i wrong?
Its solo-spin is horrible,its unbalanced shape doesn't make this MW good for staminas'

If you agree with my example of battles,why do you say that it's good in stamina?
I've never thought to talk about the solo-spin in BeyWiki's articles,but at the same time it should be implicit that Basalt hasn't the qualities to be considered a Stamina's MW!
Am i wrong?

EDIT: to be precise,do you think that Basalt wins in stamina battles as Phantom and Schyte do?
Or it wins because crashes the opponent?
They all win the same way: constant hits and whichever combo takes it better or hits harder wins.
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:08 PM)Dan Wrote: They all win the same way: constant hits and whichever combo takes it better or hits harder wins.
But this is a commonplace xD
All the MWs win in this way xD
Please,analize my post!
It doesn't matter what shape it has really, it still beats almost all other stamina wheels and that is undeniable so we'll leave it at that and not argue?
Basalt defeats other stamina MWs not for its stamina's qualities.
So we can't say that Basalt is a stamina MW,or compare it to others Stamina MWs.
This is my point,and it's undeniable!
No one said it was a stamina wheel, BBS said "comparable to Basalt and Scythe stamina combos"
That doesn't mean it is a stamina wheel, does it?
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:55 PM)Dan Wrote: No one said it was a stamina wheel, BBS said "comparable to Basalt and Scythe stamina combos"
That doesn't mean it is a stamina wheel, does it?

If you say me this, maybe it is a language problem. I say this because in Italian it means that being Phantom comparable to Basalt and Schyte stamina combos, Basalt is included in Stamina MWs!
Including Basalt in a stamina combo,i assume that Basalt is a stamina MW!
If it's not a Stamina MW,why are you considering it in a Stamina combo?
In my language you're saying: VariAres isn't a Defense MW,but if i play VariAres 230 CS vs Basalt 230 CS,VariAres can win ---> for this reason i can consider VariAres a Defensive MW.

xD
That makes sense Galaxy!

Still not sure what to do.
If VariAres ends up beating the other defense beys, properly defend itself against attackers (like a defense type should) and Vari being the wheel it is, defeat stamina types as well then in that sense it would be a good defense wheel.. Or you know, a balanced wheel? :V
(Oct. 23, 2011  8:27 PM)Dan Wrote: If VariAres ends up beating the other defense beys, properly defend itself against attackers (like a defense type should) and Vari being the wheel it is, defeat stamina types as well then in that sense it would be a good defense wheel.. Or you know, a balanced wheel? :V

Dan,this is philosophy xD
Vari is not a balanced wheel,simply is an aggressive wheel that defeat others in specific conditions!
The same is for Basalt!
So about these two "molds", I do not think they exist..

I do not know what to do.
Ask someone who has both/knows about it. Make them take pictures.
I'd ask the British members, IIRC they catch quite a bit of these mold variations!

If it isn't already mentioned in the article, bring up the molds of BGrin and their giant difference in stamina spin times.
I would, but I do not know how to phrase the mold differences, I will take a look at Rock Leone's article.

For Phantom, we do not even know if there is a mold difference. I doubt there is at all, for hell to that.