BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

Phantom is made of two parts : the Metal Frame, and the (PC) Core.

By the way, it is in Stamina Mode when the smirk and eyes combine to make a face. It is in Attack Mode when the Metal Frame has more details. From quickly reading this draft, it seemed like you were confusing both modes or something.
"The simplest way to distinguish Attack Mode is Orion's "face" showing. This mode creates more recoil and Smash within the wheel because there is a intruding gap with sharper edges. Stamina Mode is easier to recognize because of the octagon shape engraved in the top, and is distinguished as being nearly completely round. Stamina Mode has no prominent contact points, as it is smooth all around."

Hm, I did not get it confused, but I will change it to the former edit where the "smirk" was mentioned and the Metal Frame.

UPDATE: EDITED!
The first sentence is highly misleading then, because as far as I know the face only appears on the Stamina Mode, not the Attack Mode.
The Face appears in Attack Mode, not Stamina Mode.
I looked on TAKARA-TOMY's site, I can read Katakana. Stamina Mode is when you have that smirk.
Hm, I see. I will correct it.

UPDATED!
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I looked on TAKARA-TOMY's site, I can read Katakana.
All arguments may now cease.

Nah, its okay now.

I was actually mistaken, I did not get what she was saying, then I finally got it down.
(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Face: Orion
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Orion, the giant hunter of space in Greek mythology as well as the constellation.

Clear Wheel: Orion

-Weight: 3.0 Grams

Orion is a four-sided Clear Wheel, it has two sharper spikes and two broad edges. The iron powder within this 4D Clear Wheel adds to its weight. Orion is also the first Clear Wheel that has two slopes within its side. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's head, creating a distinct face.

Metal Wheel: Phantom

-Weight: (to find)

Phantom is the first Metal Wheel that has no metal center, only a Metal Frame. It is an empty wheel, due to it only being a circle. This design allows it to have more Stamina, as there is an increased amount of the "Flywheel" effect. The shock is instead absorbed within the Core. Phantom is a thick, and relatively indented wheel. It has the design of Orion and its eyes on both sides of the Metal Frame.

Phantom has two modes: Attack Mode and Stamina Mode. The simplest way to distinguish Attack Mode is because of the octagon shape engraved in the top, and is recognised as being nearly completely round. Stamina Mode has no prominent contact points, as it is smooth all around. Stamina Mode is easier to differentiate because Orion's "face" is showing: it is easy to see Orion's "smirk" which, combined with the Orion Clear Wheel's "eyes", form an intimidating "face". This "smirk" creates recoil and smash due to its edgy form, and because there is an intruding gap with sharper edges. It is preferred in Attack Mode, since it has the most survival abilities of the two modes, due to the minimal recoil. To change the modes, the Metal Frame has to be flipped.

The Phantom Metal Wheel also has four spaces withing its inner lining which might be intended for air flow to create a better sense of Balance. Moreover, four blue spheres were incorporated in the design of the Metal Frame at four equally separated corners of it to fit with the three blue shapes on the Face and, together, form the Orion constellation on the Beyblade when it is in Stamina Mode.

Phantom's Metal Frame:

-Weight: 42.0 Grams

(There would need to be a distinct description of it here, while there would be a separate and more general description of the Metal Wheel as a whole before. I think that would look better than seemingly talking about the whole Metal Wheel, and then its Core.)

Phantom's Core:

-Weight: 2.50 Grams

The Core is a translucent purple color, and contains four upward-facing protrusion to fill in the four gaps of the Phantom Metal Wheel. The Core also helps to absorb hits directed to the Phantom Metal Wheel, while never really receiving them directly.

The Core on this Beyblade is the missing centre on the Phantom Metal Wheel. Made of Polycarbonate material, it is light weight. The shape of this part is similar to the Metal Wheel of Scythe Kronos, it has an upward ledge supported by its surface (?). This ledge helps it connect itself to the Phantom Metal Wheel, thus making it much more durable.

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to Phantom's Stamina Mode, its circular shape, and smooth edges, Phantom is a good Defense (Stamina perhaps ?) Wheel. With a Metal Face Heavy, and EDS, this Beyblade is effective in the combinations: MF/-H Phantom Orion BD145EDS and MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D.

Bottom: Bearing Drive (B:D):

-Weight: 3.45 Grams

B:D has a unique, tall shape similar to that of Wolborg MS' Bearing Core; it is also of a translucent yellow color which provides a faint view of the internal workings of the NSK ball bearings and it has a height comparable to the 230 Track without a tip. Like in the Plastic Generation, it has a bearing that was highly anticipated for Metal Fight Beyblade. B:D's gimmick is Stamina, for it can spin for long periods of time. B:D features a metal bearing, within it is a metal shaft that reduces friction and increases Stamina. Due to this, this Bottom can reach solo spin times of seven minutes. B:D is quite versatile because of its Stamina; the bearing is able to stop the shaft from spinning, allowing literally no friction between the stadium floor and itself.

Bearing Drive features a metal shaft connected to the middle of the 4D Bottom, a metal casing that is connected to the tip of B:D, and metal rollers in between them. This gimmick works because the metal shaft slides against the rolling balls, leading to an improvement on Stamina and minimal friction.

(Part removed.)

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because of B:D's bearing, its height, and its Stamina, B:D is a good Stamina Bottom. With a Metal Face Heavy, and Phantom Metal Wheel, this Beyblade is versatile in the combinations: MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D.

Other Versions

- Phantom Orion B:D Skeleton Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (White)

Gallery

Coming Soon

Overall

Phantom Orion has great, versatile parts. It has endless potential in Stamina with its Metal Wheel, Phantom, and its Bottom, B:D. B:D is already considered by some the best Stamina Bottom to be released, and Phantom is also being considered better than the top-tier Stamina Wheels: Scythe and Basalt. Though Orion is not so useful, Phantom and B:D definitely make up for this. It is a worthy purchase for really anyone willing to play with Stamina. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Categories: Beyblade | Metal Fight Beyblade

BeyWiki Preview:

As you can see, I bolded any changes I made. If sometimes I bolded the last letter of a word, it might mean that I removed some words right after it.

Just a few changes. I still think the explanation of the modes of Phantom is quite confused and confusing. Sometimes, it seems that you are still describing the Attack Mode from before, when you thought the Attack Mode was the Stamina Mode. You should really re-read it.

I moved the "Use in Stamina Combinations" part for Phantom below the description of the Core, because the Core is part of the Metal Wheel and you would not just use the Metal Frame for Stamina ...

Some modifications are also based on my understanding of English, like how complex adjectives are theoretically supposed to be linked with dash. I could be wrong though.
Ehem, l drago destroy. First one too have a plastic centre.
Here is what I did:
  • Added everything but the "removed paragraph" because it sums it up quite nicely.
  • I kept the combinations under Phantom because Phantom is the main part of the combination(s)

(Oct. 02, 2011  5:03 AM)Shika blade Wrote: Ehem, l drago destroy. First one too have a plastic centre.
What do you not get about it? Its broadly limited to the Metal Wheel in general.
What did you mean by adding Metal Frame?

Hm? There is only one Metal piece on Phantom other than the bearing on BGrin, Phantom.

Heh, BBS is on a roll for 4D Drafts. Anyway, in the "Use in stamina Custimization" part, dont you mean Phantom is a good stamina wheel You wrote "Defence"
Look, the Phantom section would need to be shaped like this :

Quote:4D Metal Wheel: Phantom

(Brief, general description of Phantom in general, to quickly introduce that it has two parts Smile

Metal Frame:

(Description of it, how it is effective, etc.)

Core:

(Idem.)

Possibly a big conclusion for the 4D Metal Wheel section as a whole that includes most of what you currently have under the Metal Frame section, which is slightly incorrect.

Use in Stamina Combinations

Or you just do one big part for the 4D Metal Wheel, without doing sub-sections for its parts.

It is extremely incorrect to put the "Use in Stamina Combinations" above the Core's description.

The paragraph I had removed just completely reiterates everything that was already written, with almost exactly the same words. It is very redundant.
I get what you're saying, and I will remove that paragraph.

But I need to say that I do not understand the difference between Metal Frame and Metal Wheel.

In Metal Frame, do you mean in conjunction with the Core? As I just has asked Kei to keep the customization under the single Metal Wheel section.

EDIT: I get it some more now

But Kei told me to keep the Stam. Customs in the independent customizations so I don't know who to listen to. Man WHY does this always happen to me.
Metal Wheel
--Metal Frame
--Core
-Use in Stamina Combinations

Does this schema seem clearer to you ? The end of the Core description just happens to be the end of the bigger Metal Wheel section, and it makes a lot more sense to put the "Use in Stamina Combinations" at the end of the Metal Wheel section then at the end of the Metal Frame sub-section, because that makes it seem as if you could use the Metal Frame alone for Stamina. However, that is false because the Metal Frame of Phantom can always only be used in conjunction with Phantom's core, to form the actual Phantom Metal Wheel.
I get that completely, I really do. But I am in a standstill.

Kei:

Metal Wheel
Core

Kai-V

Metal Wheel
--Metal Frame
--Core

But that is why I wrote Phantom's Core..
The Core is part of the Metal Wheel. You cannot have two big, separate sections called "Metal Wheel" and "Core". It should be "Metal Wheel: Metal Frame and Core".
You should add for the Coro Coro part Clear Bearing Drive
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:12 PM)Phoenix11 Wrote: You should add for the Coro Coro part Clear Bearing Drive

It is already there, how could you miss it ? What do you think the Clear White, Skeleton Ver. is ?

Okay then, I will see what I can do.
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:12 PM)Phoenix11 Wrote: You should add for the Coro Coro part Clear Bearing Drive

It is already there, how could you miss it ? What do you think the Clear White, Skeleton Ver. is ?

Kai-V I meant Black Phantom wheel Clear B:d
That is the Skeleton Version..
no i meant add that because it is part of the Skeleton Version i know just add that at the end
(Oct. 02, 2011  10:59 PM)Phoenix11 Wrote: no i meant add that because it is part of the Skeleton Version i know just add that at the end

Three fourth of the Beyblade changed colour to translucid white. I think that is the colour to put, not "black".
Would anyone be willing to make that paragraph Kai-V was talking about?

I seriously have no time, my schedule is too far-fetched.