[Product]  B-91 Metal God Chip

It comes out in August 2017. 

Well, this is probably the most interesting of the newly revealed releases. I just doubt this is a Launcher Grip or BeyLauncher accessory, so unless it is something stupid like BeyMisanga again, this ought to be a sort of metal weight add-on to the Beyblades. It would only fit on Beyblades released from God Valkyrie and onward though, since they are the only Beyblades to have that central raised circle that we all wondered about. So it is not just for aesthetics hah. The Metal God Chip would probably get attached there, on top.
Oh yay. Weight increases. Soon we'll have never ending stamina battles again!

Unless the weight also makes bursting more frequent
It's just an adaption of the Metal Face system we had in MFB, don't worry.
Well yeah of course. But as it stands we have no idea how much weight these God Chips are going to hold, how much the new layers and discs way, not how much stability and stamina it'll lend to the whole set up.
Now this is something. Hopefully this isn't another tease like the Weight Tamper (well, we did it to ourselves..). I wonder if it will attach to the the raised part of the God series layers. If this is the case, it makes me wonder how it would work with the (new) BeyLogger.

Thank you for the news, Kai-V! Grin
Sweet, a metal face adaptation! Can't wait for it to never get released by Hasbro again

Thanks for all this news, Kai-V!
(Mar. 07, 2017  4:32 PM)Syphon Wrote: Oh yay. Weight increases. Soon we'll have never ending stamina battles again!

Unless the weight also makes bursting more frequent
MFB had such long spin times because the top section was metal. It's not just add more weight = longer spin time.
(Mar. 07, 2017  7:59 PM)Ultra Wrote: MFB had such long spin times because the top section was metal. It's not just add more weight = longer spin time.

Eh, that's not technically true. The more mass something has the more angular momentum it will have, it just takes more effort to get it to higher speeds. Also gotta mention, these metal god chips will also be at the top, drawing more of the weight to the top.

Like I said, it's all a matter of how much weight the God chips actually add, and how much that extra level of weight affects things like overall balance of the bey, if the hitting power is increased and (of course) if the layers are actually designed with stamina in mind.
Got Elvis singing, "viva Las Vegas," in my head now. Put all my God Chips on black.
Wow this sounds really amazing!

Thanks for the news Kai-V
Depending on if these metal chips are as heavy as metal faces or at least similar, the chips should be more effective in the lighter burst beys, but these new series beys look kind of hefty so far.
Wow it sounds quite interesting. It's probably the "rasied" part that we seen on top of God Series leaks. So just hope they won't mess up with layers again like Dual Layer so if Layers are good + Metal Chip will make our cracked helmet beast bey outclassed lol
So a new metal face? I wonder how that will affect and already stamina/defense dominant game.
(Mar. 08, 2017  12:33 AM)Wizard Wrote: So a new metal face? I wonder how that will affect and already stamina/defense dominant game.

It doesn't affect only Stamina/Defense types; it affects Attack types too. Lost Longinus is good right now due in part to its greater weight compared to everything else in the metagame. If the Metal God Chip can only be attached to releases from God Valkyrie onwards, it means that all previously released Beyblades could be at a serious weight disadvantage, making it easier for new Beyblades to KO them. I'm excited for this.

Thanks Kai-V!
I'm really curious to see how will that weight attach securely on layer without messing the layers gimmic. In my opinion only place where it could be placed is between layer and disk....unless it is so tiny it fits inside that "central ring" on top of the layer where beyblade simbol is. :S
(Mar. 07, 2017  8:12 PM)Syphon Wrote: Eh, that's not technically true. The more mass something has the more angular momentum it will have, it just takes more effort to get it to higher speeds. Also gotta mention, these metal god chips will also be at the top, drawing more of the weight to the top.

Like I said, it's all a matter of how much weight the God chips actually add, and how much that extra level of weight affects things like overall balance of the bey, if the hitting power is increased and (of course) if the layers are actually designed with stamina in mind.

Don't know whether it was an intentional design decision or not but Burst beys don't have excessive spin times MFB did. I'd expect this to add like 5 grams or so.
This could have a lot of potential to be a very interesting new part and TT should take advantage of it, instead of simply using it as a small weight upgrade.

If I were in charge, I would design them as a collectable and not just a weight chip that you only need one or two of, they could have different symbols engraved on them as well as a unique code, it seems strange that they would design every new Layer to have that specific ring on top simply to work with a single specific accessory, so I see this as something that may expand with more releases.
In some way wouldn't this make the likelihood of bursting drop a bit and increase battle time too, I just thinking the metal on top will be forcing notches into the grooves a bit more I guess creating more grip between the layer and driver, this adds a whole new dimension to the game man, some seemingly low tier new releases (low tier due to teeth) and be redeemed by the weight chip?
I don't think the "grip" between the layer and driver will be what affects the burst resistance here, I think that the added inertia to the layer would make it harder to stop its rotation (and therefore harder to "unclick" it.) Although, with all beys likely incorporating metal god chips in future competitive play, i doubt we'll see much of a difference other than the standard weight creep
If it's what some think it is and it's a metal chip for the beys, it will be a must have for competitive use, we all know how effective it is to add metal to any bey. Looks to be a very interesting release, let's hope it's not something dumb instead though.
It's about time we get something like the metal face system again. Releases like this make me more excited for Beyblade and happy for more customization.
I put small batteries in the center of the layer between the teeth and the clear part to make it heavier. I hope this works similarly. :)
Finally! I knew it would be a Metal-Face adaptation and a big step forward for the meta.
I guess you can remove the metal god of LS with this tool, too.