B-164 Random Booster Vol. 20 Curse Satan.Hr.Un 1D

Aww, RIP. Fafnir's gonna come out soon and who knows how competitive that could be. It could be bad, or it could blow Satan out of the competitive waters again like in God.
(Apr. 28, 2020  1:59 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Aww, RIP. Fafnir's gonna come out soon and who knows how competitive that could be. It could be bad, or it could blow Satan out of the competitive waters again like in God.

Kries Satan was already blown out of the water by the superior Balze Ragnurok.
Kreis Satan was definitly one of the weaker releases of god. If say it’s mid C tier

Or low C tier
(Apr. 28, 2020  5:13 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Kreis Satan was definitly one of the weaker releases of god. If say it’s mid C tier

Or low C tier

Back then Glaive was a good Frame for Orbit, and became more so especially when Atomic came out with tW; kS booster was the cheapest way to get Glaive Frame with a sick violet color, which was why it was still nice despite bR outclassing it almost immediately after its release. Kinda regret not getting more bR now since Cross is a nice Frame even though it is not heavy enough (as it has notable synergy with meta Drivers like Xt+, At, Ds, etc.)

Going back to this thread, I have my set to be delivered to me in a few hours, and I did see a Japanese Beytuber using CSt.Un 1B and it can take quite the beating from stock combos (which I intend to try but with meta attackers). My hypothesis is if the shaft of Universe is made with a metal rod embedded in it like Hold, Volcanic and Quest, it is possible to "awaken" it enough to mitigate self-KO as Mack the Burst has demo'd it battling stock BVl (which is a separate topic altogether) with a sad losing streak despite the supposed "type advantage" mainly due to the KOs. Otherwise, it's going to be back to the ol' Atomic combo (or maybe Keep, if Curse Ring would prove to have good contact points for attack).
I just got my RBV20 in today. Been testing the stock combo for Curse Satan against a lot of different beys and I find that Curse Satan is not easy to Burst. Glide Ragnaruk bursts more than Curse Satan but the stamina with Universe seem to be relatively weak. It gets outspun by a lot of attack drivers I used and being that it's the lightest Sparking Bey released thus far, it gets thrown around a lot in my tests too.
(Apr. 30, 2020  5:31 PM)DevHype Wrote: I just got my RBV20 in today. Been testing the stock combo for Curse Satan against a lot of different beys and I find that Curse Satan is not easy to Burst. Glide Ragnaruk bursts more than Curse Satan but the stamina with Universe seem to be relatively weak. It gets outspun by a lot of attack drivers I used and being that it's the lightest Sparking Bey released thus far, it gets thrown around a lot in my tests too.

Stock Beys tend to perform inversely with how Takara Tomy would try to advertise them online (through their YouTube channel); with that said, some stock combos seem to work nicely, whereas most will have carp performance. Glide Ragnaruk is supposed to be Burstable (though I may say Ragnaruk and Rising Ragnaruk really sucked) especially by attack types due to its shape having enough contact points to generate recoil; my main gripe is that they decided to drop the metal Stamina Wings.

I agree with your experience as well regarding Universe as having less stamina than attack Drivers (ironically funny considering the supposed type advantage), but I still think it can work for spin-equalization (similar to Atomic/Orbit/Orbit Metal/Yard Metal) however much less effective than the usual Bearing/Xt+/Destroy combos.

Curse Satan doesn't seem to have any Burst issues (it barely clicked until half when bombarded by various consistent attacker combos), but its defense isn't too reliable. Right now, since we only have 2 Single Chassis available, it would be too hard-pressed to say that it is a useless Layer; however, I can already say that its rollers are as ineffective as its God Layer version. 

1D seems to be lighter and harder to remove than 1S, which might suggest it could provide better Burst resistance at the cost of stamina loss. Quite a pity they didn't make 1D thick enough to validate its existence as a defense type part.
I can't figure out how you guys still are receiving shipments as neither eBay sellers nor ever wish seem to post anything outbound Japan or China
(Apr. 30, 2020  8:47 PM)darksidemoon Wrote: I can't figure out how you guys still are receiving shipments as neither eBay sellers nor ever wish seem to post anything outbound Japan or China

tbh, I don't know either. What matters is that the local seller I get my plastic crack from does post and sell legit Takara Tomy products as advertised.
I will receive my Spark Launcher, Brave Valkyrie, King Helios et Curse Satand (in confirmed) in France.
(Apr. 30, 2020  6:57 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2020  5:31 PM)DevHype Wrote: I just got my RBV20 in today. Been testing the stock combo for Curse Satan against a lot of different beys and I find that Curse Satan is not easy to Burst. Glide Ragnaruk bursts more than Curse Satan but the stamina with Universe seem to be relatively weak. It gets outspun by a lot of attack drivers I used and being that it's the lightest Sparking Bey released thus far, it gets thrown around a lot in my tests too.

Stock Beys tend to perform inversely with how Takara Tomy would try to advertise them online (through their YouTube channel); with that said, some stock combos seem to work nicely, whereas most will have carp performance. Glide Ragnaruk is supposed to be Burstable (though I may say Ragnaruk and Rising Ragnaruk really sucked) especially by attack types due to its shape having enough contact points to generate recoil; my main gripe is that they decided to drop the metal Stamina Wings.

I agree with your experience as well regarding Universe as having less stamina than attack Drivers (ironically funny considering the supposed type advantage), but I still think it can work for spin-equalization (similar to Atomic/Orbit/Orbit Metal/Yard Metal) however much less effective than the usual Bearing/Xt+/Destroy combos.

Curse Satan doesn't seem to have any Burst issues (it barely clicked until half when bombarded by various consistent attacker combos), but its defense isn't too reliable. Right now, since we only have 2 Single Chassis available, it would be too hard-pressed to say that it is a useless Layer; however, I can already say that its rollers are as ineffective as its God Layer version. 

1D seems to be lighter and harder to remove than 1S, which might suggest it could provide better Burst resistance at the cost of stamina loss. Quite a pity they didn't make 1D thick enough to validate its existence as a defense type part.

I was actually quite pleasantly surprised how tough Glide Ragnaruk was to click when I first got it especially when you compare to past Ragnaruks. But yeah, it's still pretty easy to burst.

I don't think Universe can stand up against Atomic or Orbit in the META, but it might have better opposite spin performance and LAD than those 2. Haven't tested just yet.

I agree, 1S has decent weight and OWD that justifies it being a stamina chassis. The 1D chassis seem to have just invested in better teeth for "defense" in the sense of Burst Resistance, but horribly lacks weight.
(Apr. 30, 2020  8:47 PM)darksidemoon Wrote: I can't figure out how you guys still are receiving shipments as neither eBay sellers nor ever wish seem to post anything outbound Japan or China

Ever-wish seems to be shipping just fine. I’ve gotten my SHy, KHl & GRg from them already. My Brave Valkyrie & blue sparking launchers arrive Sunday. 3.style is shipping fine from eBay. Just got a delivery from them today.

It really depends on your location.  I notice you are from Italy.  It could be the post in your country has set limits in international shipping.

For me in Canada, I've had to expand my sourcing and adjust my expectations on cost.  Portal0 and Ever-wish are experiencing problems shipping to Canada (though Ever-wish has developed an alternative method, it is cost prohibitive for now) yet Amazon.jp has been normal via DHL for example.  I had ordered B-159, 160 & 161 on release day from E-W and still got BVl before them from Amazon.jp as Canada post is both back-logged and understaffed, where DHL does their own deliveries.

I ordered RBVol.20 through Amazon, paying a little more than I would from E-W, but simply being able to ship in a timely fashion, it was still reasonable.
(May. 01, 2020  4:39 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote:

It really depends on your location.  I notice you are from Italy.  It could be the post in your country has set limits in international shipping.

For me in Canada, I've had to expand my sourcing and adjust my expectations on cost.  Portal0 and Ever-wish are experiencing problems shipping to Canada (though Ever-wish has developed an alternative method, it is cost prohibitive for now) yet Amazon.jp has been normal via DHL for example.  I had ordered B-159, 160 & 161 on release day from E-W and still got BVl before them from Amazon.jp as Canada post is both back-logged and understaffed, where DHL does their own deliveries.

I ordered RBVol.20 through Amazon, paying a little more than I would from E-W, but simply being able to ship in a timely fashion, it was still reasonable.

I will confirm this, no one can ship to Argentina so I'm waiting for the moment, OkinawamTS of TokuTakuToys confirmed this for me and when I call the post office here no one picks up

EDIT: I mean that I agree it depends or your location