B-158 Random Booster Vol. 19

(Feb. 23, 2020  10:42 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Ah, you got me there. I suppose you're right but I'm still not buying the whole "Burn Phoenix Layer's balance is just fine, nothing wobbly and unstable about it" thing.

Only way to figure it out is to see a video of someone using it with a regular driver or getting one ourselves. Mine has already shipped from ever-wish, so hopefully it'll get here quickly and I can sort it out.
I just got it in today, and right off the bat I threw Burn Phoenix on Yard and gave it a good ol' spin. Not a single hint of a wobble.

Seems like yes, the wobbling Burn Phoenix deals with is definitely a result of Wedge, not some imbalance in the layer. The layer itself is fine.
alright that good to know i'm hoping i get burn phoenix from the random booster idk why i bought it but it was calling to me for some reason
Maybe I just got a bad mold but my Burn Phoenix wobbles on everything BUT the stock combo.
(Feb. 29, 2020  11:43 PM)4DFury Wrote: Maybe I just got a bad mold but my Burn Phoenix wobbles on everything BUT the stock combo.

did you fine tune it ???
So, now that I've unpacked everything, I have a few assorted thoughts to spit out.

I know some people have questioned Yell on Burn Phoenix, but I stand that it's a clever choice. Yell imitates the curved bottom of the Burn wheel in a nice way I don't think many people notice immediately. As I've already said, it's Wedge causing the issues, but using another Stamina-based driver looks to yield a decent enough bey. Actually stronger than it looks, as I got a solo spin time of 1:27 on Yell Yard (Yard was conveniently nearby). Imagine how high that could go on a better disk and driver!

Rock and Grand may look yellowish in their pictures, but rest assured that they're as gold as everything else.

Lift has always come with a taller than average driver, the only exception being the Vice Leopard prize on Destroy. They got around this completely by pairing it with αero', since that raises the disk frame up higher than normal and gives it plenty of space even on the standard height Flugel. I appreciate this clever workaround for it.

Poison's rubber is the same color as the yellow Gen weight it has. This is pretty much standard for Gold Turbo releases tbh, and matches up with my golden Wizard's rubber too.

Knockout Odin's stock combo... well, it ain't bursting any time soon. So much layer weight, minimal disk weight from 12, and a ' driver too on the Odin chip that synergizes with them. I doubt even Judgement could burst this thing easily.

Cho-Z Valkyrie's metal isn't actually painted golden. Those are stickers (and a little annoying to put on too). Stickers are still a pain, and really necessary to make it look good.

Shining αmaterios has no stickers to apply, so it has no sticker sheet to use at all. This means your black Destroy' has no sticker either.
(Feb. 29, 2020  11:47 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Feb. 29, 2020  11:43 PM)4DFury Wrote: Maybe I just got a bad mold but my Burn Phoenix wobbles on everything BUT the stock combo.

did you fine tune it ???

I was able to get it pretty stable with blitz and xtend+
So which one of the beys out of the booster are worth having?
(Mar. 02, 2020  2:51 PM)MajestiqMike Wrote: So which one of the beys out of the booster are worth having?

Burning Amaterios is the best one competitively. Not the layer but the disc and driver are.
(Mar. 02, 2020  3:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  2:51 PM)MajestiqMike Wrote: So which one of the beys out of the booster are worth having?

Burning Amaterios is the best one competitively. Not the layer but the disc and driver are.
Don’t forget Knockout Odin, that layer is competitive as well
(Mar. 02, 2020  11:35 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  3:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Burning Amaterios is the best one competitively. Not the layer but the disc and driver are.
Don’t forget Knockout Odin, that layer is competitive as well

I think it’s too small to be as effective as other options like judgement, imperial, or Zwei. Destroy’ works well for attack driver with more stamina and 0 with judgement and lord.
my set came in yesterday but i got in trouble even though i didnt do anything oof
I was playing around with burn phoenix on the mugen stadium and might i say... Very hard to beat!

Also I'm getting really tired of all the Dragon I GT Chips
(Apr. 08, 2020  7:13 AM)superrobotking Wrote: I was playing around with burn phoenix on the mugen stadium and might i say... Very hard to beat!

Yeah they're pretty redundant. This is probably the first time we've gotten a double release of a part that wasn't related to the prize bey at all(not counting back in single layer days when boosters didn't have enough parts to create a real variety). This was the only time they had a real excuse, as releasing Gold Turbo Rock and Grand wouldn't make sense with any other chip.
(Apr. 08, 2020  7:13 AM)superrobotking Wrote: I was playing around with burn phoenix on the mugen stadium and might i say... Very hard to beat!

Yeah, waaay to many Dragon I releases, not enough Achilles.
(Apr. 09, 2020  12:16 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:

Yeah, waaay to many Dragon I releases, not enough Achilles.

What Achilles chip releases have we even gotten? I don't think we got a single one from any random boosters, so the only other real release I can think of is the Holy Knight version, and the Gold Turbo version if you count that. The Convert and Drake disc never saw any re-releases either. I'm fairly sure every other GT disc has been released again at least once.

If this wasn't an "all Gold Turbo" random booster, we might have gotten a normal release of the Diabolos chip, since they would have no excuse to release Dragon twice.
i feel like we are gonna get a similar Random Booster in SuperKing
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:01 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: i feel like we are gonna get a similar Random Booster in SuperKing

Yeah GT with Vol. 16 and 17 we got to see some Cho-Z and the Random Layers we got for Cho-z too so i wouldn't be suprised if we get a few more GT drops.  I just don't want any more dragons!  Maybe Dragon II but oof
(Apr. 09, 2020  4:25 AM)superrobotking Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:01 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: i feel like we are gonna get a similar Random Booster in SuperKing

Yeah GT with Vol. 16 and 17 we got to see some Cho-Z and the Random Layers we got for Cho-z too so i wouldn't be suprised if we get a few more GT drops.  I just don't want any more dragons!  Maybe Dragon II but oof

Well we know we are definitely getting some GT stuff in RBV20 as well as MFB remakes.
I'm excited for Curse Satin!
(Apr. 09, 2020  5:56 AM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: I'm excited for Curse Satin!

That is random vol 20 not 19
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:57 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  5:56 AM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: I'm excited for Curse Satin!

That is random vol 20 not 19

I'm sorry! that's off topic, isn't it? I know it's from Vol. 20