B-158 Random Booster Vol. 19

(Feb. 21, 2020  9:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2020  9:16 PM)marutti Wrote:

How good are the teeth? Also I could see it was imbalanced so I’m not sure if that is all because of the wedge driver or the layer itself as well.

TBH, I think the Layer is also highly responsible for Burn Phoenix for being so unbalanced. Like, I know a lot of people blame the Wedge Driver and whilst it's true that Wedge can cause a bey to be unbalanced, there's only so much you can scapegoat before realizing that the Layer is also a major contributing factor.
I hate Yell so in the video I gave it 10 and proof

Overall really love the remake, I thought for sure it was gonna have Eagle and Leone teeth but it didn't.
(Feb. 21, 2020  11:06 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: TBH, I think the Layer is also highly responsible for Burn Phoenix for being so unbalanced. Like, I know a lot of people blame the Wedge Driver and whilst it's true that Wedge can cause a bey to be unbalanced, there's only so much you can scapegoat before realizing that the Layer is also a major contributing factor.

Sure you can call it a scapegoat, but can you prove that the layer is indeed a significant source of this specific imbalance? Sure, the layer is a factor, but it is only one of many and one part in this combo (a.k.a. the Wedge driver) is known for causing balance issues exactly like the one seen here regardless of the layer its used on.

So it comes down to this: Why would we ever believe the layer is at fault over a part which we know causes wobbling? The amount of wobbling doesn't look to be too much more than any other combo I've seen using Wedge for its driver, so without any other information on the layer everything points at Wedge as the culprit of the shimmies and shakes Burn Phoenix deals with.

Really, it'd be nice if someone could swap out Wedge for another good stationary driver and see if it still shakes, and by how much. If it's stable (or close enough to it. Balance tuning matters), then it downright proves Wedge as the guilty party and that the layer itself is fine.
(Feb. 21, 2020  11:21 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

Overall really love the remake, I thought for sure it was gonna have Eagle and Leone teeth but it didn't.

That’s really reassuring to hear. In some other videos they didn’t look great but obviously it’s hard to make out. Glad this wasn’t the case. Would you put the teeth more on par with L-Drago & Pegasus remakes?
(Feb. 22, 2020  12:09 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2020  11:21 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

That’s really reassuring to hear. In some other videos they didn’t look great but obviously it’s hard to make out. Glad this wasn’t the case. Would you put the teeth more on par with L-Drago & Pegasus remakes?

He said the teeth were like the saggitario remake’s.
(Feb. 22, 2020  12:17 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  12:09 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: That’s really reassuring to hear. In some other videos they didn’t look great but obviously it’s hard to make out. Glad this wasn’t the case. Would you put the teeth more on par with L-Drago & Pegasus remakes?

Just had a chance to watch the video. So I guess they aren’t as strong as I would have liked but at least they looked usable in the video.
(Feb. 21, 2020  11:59 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2020  11:06 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: TBH, I think the Layer is also highly responsible for Burn Phoenix for being so unbalanced. Like, I know a lot of people blame the Wedge Driver and whilst it's true that Wedge can cause a bey to be unbalanced, there's only so much you can scapegoat before realizing that the Layer is also a major contributing factor.

Sure you can call it a scapegoat, but can you prove that the layer is indeed a significant source of this specific imbalance? Sure, the layer is a factor, but it is only one of many and one part in this combo (a.k.a. the Wedge driver) is known for causing balance issues exactly like the one seen here regardless of the layer its used on.

So it comes down to this: Why would we ever believe the layer is at fault over a part which we know causes wobbling? The amount of wobbling doesn't look to be too much more than any other combo I've seen using Wedge for its driver, so without any other information on the layer everything points at Wedge as the culprit of the shimmies and shakes Burn Phoenix deals with.

Really, it'd be nice if someone could swap out Wedge for another good stationary driver and see if it still shakes, and by how much. If it's stable (or close enough to it. Balance tuning matters), then it downright proves Wedge as the guilty party and that the layer itself is fine.

I'm not denying that the Wedge is also a significant factor to Burn Phoenix's imbalance, it definitely is but I saw a few people saying that the Burn Phoenix Layer isn't the problem, claiming that the Burn Phoenix Layer's balance as "just fine" and the blame is entirely on the Wedge Driver, when really both the Layer and Driver have balance issues. It honestly looks just as unbalanced as the Flame Sagittario Layer.

And no, I didn't say I could prove that what I say is true but that doesn't mean I can't judge it by observing what's given so far. My experience with a stock Screw Trident 8B.Wd (yeah, it's not the best example but hear me out anyway), the balance issues there were nowhere near as bad as what I'm so far seeing on stock Burn Phoenix Y.Wd videos.
(Feb. 22, 2020  12:17 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  12:09 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: That’s really reassuring to hear. In some other videos they didn’t look great but obviously it’s hard to make out. Glad this wasn’t the case. Would you put the teeth more on par with L-Drago & Pegasus remakes?

I kept on trying to feel out the teeth feels a lot less like Pegasus and L-Drago and closer to Saggitario and while not *bad* it really is sorta eh. It's a bit off-balance as well but it's mostly due to the shape of the layer + the fact that wedge is just a driver that doesn't have much balance.

Just saying this to add on to the convo I tried out other drivers/parts and it was still shaky it's just how the layer is shaped + the fact that TT doesn't know how to give proper metal distribution to these remakes.

Since if you think about it having that weird edgy part of Phoenix only have metal in that section instead of let's say like more of the outer part just will leave it a bit off-balanced.

the new valkyrie is cool

other beys in the booster are alright I like Ds' I guess
on this random booster vol 19 on of beyblade would have a golden gen .
Burn Phoenix seems so unstable like Earth Aquila and Flame Sagittario remake.
Is there any image that shows the metal in Burn Phoenix?
(Feb. 22, 2020  3:55 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Burn Phoenix seems so unstable like Earth Aquila and Flame Sagittario remake.

[Image: test.png]
Here I found this awhile ago on twitter it's just the outer ring that has metal
(Feb. 22, 2020  7:06 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  3:55 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Burn Phoenix seems so unstable like Earth Aquila and Flame Sagittario remake.

It looks like the left screw slot is either cracked, or slightly off centered.
However, the design of the metal seems  like it would be more of a Garuda effect, pushing air through the layer.
(Feb. 22, 2020  7:06 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

It seems that the metal distributed evenly... At least is not obviously asymmetric like Earth Aquila or Flame Sagittario.
Then is this Layer still unstable with other combos like Outer Xtend+/Eternal?
How are the teeth on Burn Phoenix?
(Feb. 22, 2020  5:45 PM)MrBlade Wrote: How are the teeth on Burn Phoenix?

They’re like the saggitario remake’s teeth.
tbh it's a going to be used for a combo or two in the meta because of it's shape
(Feb. 22, 2020  10:12 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: tbh it's a going to be used for a combo or two in the meta because of it's shape

If the teeth are good enough (which I think they might be), then yes, and probably only for a month or two after it’s release.
(Feb. 22, 2020  7:08 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  7:06 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: test.png]
It looks like the left screw slot is either cracked, or slightly off centered.
However, the design of the metal seems  like it would be more of a Garuda effect, pushing air through the layer.

How did you even get the face bolt off?
So cool I want those random boosters
(Feb. 22, 2020  11:03 PM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  7:08 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: It looks like the left screw slot is either cracked, or slightly off centered.

How did you even get the face bolt off?

..that's not my picture, I just said what I thought.
(Feb. 23, 2020  10:30 AM)marutti Wrote: In Japan, price is crazy.
4$ per RBV

What the H*ll soo beyblade burst is going on a discount in this RBV
(Feb. 22, 2020  1:12 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: It honestly looks just as unbalanced as the Flame Sagittario Layer.

My experience with a stock Screw Trident 8B.Wd (yeah, it's not the best example but hear me out anyway), the balance issues there were nowhere near as bad as what I'm so far seeing on stock Burn Phoenix Y.Wd videos.

As someone who owns the MFB set I can easily say that this is nowhere even remotely near as lopsided as my Flame Saggitario, which is on an otherwise perfectly balanced Claw. What you're seeing and what I'm seeing are not lining up at all, and that's why we're at odds with one another here.

As I see it the wobbling is no more than any other combo I've seen using Wedge at this weight level. Just looking art the picture above nothing seems to be awry with its metal so there's no reason for it to shiver and shake otherwise, which gives my observations some credence. Flame Saggitario blots out light through the extra metal it has on one side, as you can see in this picture here:
[Image: ttdwyq6.jpg]
(Feb. 23, 2020  8:04 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  1:12 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: It honestly looks just as unbalanced as the Flame Sagittario Layer.

My experience with a stock Screw Trident 8B.Wd (yeah, it's not the best example but hear me out anyway), the balance issues there were nowhere near as bad as what I'm so far seeing on stock Burn Phoenix Y.Wd videos.

As someone who owns the MFB set I can easily say that this is nowhere even remotely near as lopsided as my Flame Saggitario, which is on an otherwise perfectly balanced Claw. What you're seeing and what I'm seeing are not lining up at all, and that's why we're at odds with one another here.

As I see it the wobbling is no more than any other combo I've seen using Wedge at this weight level. Just looking art the picture above nothing seems to be awry with its metal so there's no reason for it to shiver and shake otherwise, which gives my observations some credence. Flame Saggitario blots out light through the extra metal it has on one side, as you can see in this picture here:
[Image: ttdwyq6.jpg]

Ah, you got me there. I suppose you're right but I'm still not buying the whole "Burn Phoenix Layer's balance is just fine, nothing wobbly and unstable about it" thing.