Awakened Volcanic?

(Jul. 04, 2019  5:46 AM)sherbear Wrote: is this tourny legal

It’s legal, but people might start asking questions. Also, try to loosen it up naturally to precent damage, because that could make it illegal.
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:06 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

It’s legal, but people might start asking questions. Also, try to loosen it up naturally to precent damage, because that could make it illegal.

ya know what else is tournament legal? Left Artemis A4 00Wall Destroy'
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:22 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2019  6:06 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It’s legal, but people might start asking questions. Also, try to loosen it up naturally to precent damage, because that could make it illegal.

ya know what else is tournament legal? Left Artemis A4 00Wall Destroy'

I’m being serious. Organizers such as LazerBeamz wouldn’t be talking about how to loosen it up if it was legal.

yep. It's the same as a worn down variable or evolution
For anyone trying to do this (I sure am), this video explains 4 ways to do it (read comment for time stamps) and it's outcome at 6:21. Tells you how it should look like when awakened https://youtu.be/HDBOKDV4eeE
(Jul. 04, 2019  4:25 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2019  3:38 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Is there a niche or even a competitive use for an awakened volcanic? I imagine it would simply be a Hold with smaller disc, no?

Look at this video and you'll know why everyone is going crazy about Volcanic': https://youtu.be/ld-PosLxASs

Yeah saw it, then it made me curious and watch a lot more videos and I've seen Volcanic beats bearing,atomic or xtend+ combos or sometimes draw.
Based on the video, a correctly processed Volcanic should be shorter? I guess just making it more free spinning isn't enough, huh

I think the shorter height is how its able to destabilize opponents and outspin them.
(Jul. 02, 2019  9:33 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  8:52 PM)Shindog Wrote: It took me several months....  but I didn’t keep at it all the time.  It is quite boring as you can imagine.  The beginning is the worst, there are just so many self KOs.  You just want the beyblade to keep running....  No less than 500-600 launchers for sure, probably a lot more.  I made a video when I noticed I got close (see below).  You can see in the third battle against hS.Br that the awaken Vl’ is capable of beating Br in opposite spin, occasionally.  I personally don’t think it is all that consistent after a good amount of testing.   But it is very possible that not all Vl or Vl’ are created equal, and not all will perform well awakened.  

https://youtu.be/xKJ6Lg6HP4Y

LazerBeamz told me that someone he knows estimated about 150 to 200 launches, but that might change depending on how loose the mold is and what surface you're launching on. A hard plastic surface might double the amount of launches needed and a surface like a TCG mat would significantly decrease the time it takes.

I’m on my second Vl’. I’ve launched mine about 1000 times in 3 hours...It broke. I shaved the blue stick way too much.
Funny Idea, but would it work better if I added silicon-based lubricant and then removed it later on?
(Dec. 21, 2019  12:00 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  9:33 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: LazerBeamz told me that someone he knows estimated about 150 to 200 launches, but that might change depending on how loose the mold is and what surface you're launching on. A hard plastic surface might double the amount of launches needed and a surface like a TCG mat would significantly decrease the time it takes.

I’m on my second Vl’. I’ve launched mine about 1000 times in 3 hours...It broke. I shaved the blue stick way too much.
How did it broke? Did the flat tip broke away from the driver?
(Mar. 19, 2020  1:56 PM)Elscorcho Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2019  12:00 AM)Roh\bel Wrote: I’m on my second Vl’. I’ve launched mine about 1000 times in 3 hours...It broke. I shaved the blue stick way too much.
How did it broke? Did the flat tip broke away from the driver?

I think I actually have the one he broke. The flat tip basically goes in all the way into the hole in the driver.
I know I’m late to this, but I have an answer about Vl-S. It can be awakened partially, but the slingshock mode change mechanism has some protruding bits that prevent the shaft from spinning as freely
I worked on four. Three are "ok", one is giving me trouble. I figured out that using a couch (flat pillow, carpet, etc.) is just as good as applying tape to a stadium.
I think I've been through maybe 700 launches on regular Vl and it still self ko's on pretty much every launch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
(Mar. 27, 2020  11:56 PM)BloodyPhoenix Wrote: I think I've been through maybe 700 launches on regular Vl and it still self ko's on pretty much every launch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Not enough. Try 5K+.
Never new plastic could awaken, especially volcanic
(Mar. 28, 2020  5:14 AM)Roh'bel Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2020  11:56 PM)BloodyPhoenix Wrote: I think I've been through maybe 700 launches on regular Vl and it still self ko's on pretty much every launch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Not enough. Try 5K+.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Does that mean the hold driver can possibly “awaken”
(Mar. 28, 2020  7:38 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Does that mean the hold driver can possibly “awaken”

yes, I have two that are.
(Mar. 28, 2020  8:18 PM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2020  7:38 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Does that mean the hold driver can possibly “awaken”

yes, I have two that are.

Can I see a picture of them?
Would you guys say using the heaviest possible bey is the best idea? I would think that this would help wear it down faster, so I've been using pP and Sting.
(Mar. 28, 2020  10:54 PM)Armor Wrote: Would you guys say using the heaviest possible bey is the best idea? I would think that this would help wear it down faster, so I've been using pP and Sting.

Yes, weight helps.
(Jul. 02, 2019  10:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  10:34 PM)K1D Wrote: What me and a few of my friends have done is used an RC car. Just hold Vl's plate against the wheel of the RC car, and then push forward on the RC remote. About 3 minutes did it for me.

Does this work with Vl-S?

Yeah it works. 
(Mar. 29, 2020  9:36 AM)Kiwi-bladerYT Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  10:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Does this work with Vl-S?

Yeah it works. 

It doesn't because Vl-S has prongs that make it go higher or lower at some point, so it can't free spin that much. Also, how long does a vl' awakened flat launch last? Mine does around20 turns in the railrush stadium?
(Mar. 29, 2020  7:46 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: It doesn't because Vl-S has prongs that make it go higher or lower at some point, so it can't free spin that much. Also, how long does a vl' awakened flat launch last? Mine does around20 turns in the railrush stadium?

I think there might be a difference between the blue and red volcanic. I do know that the the red vl-s has a much higher burst resistance than the blue one.