Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin]

Episode 14, I'd have to say the 2nd OP theme is absolutely EPIC! especially the animation, very well done Linked Horizon; I'm pumped for the next episode (15). Also DAMN, Levi beat the hell out of Eren in that courtroom.
I didn't really like the new opening, at first, but it's growing on me, though I really don't like the beginning of it that sounds like England's hymn... (Seriously, I can't be the only one who hears that, right?!) but it is pretty epic and engaging.

Anyway, in this episode we once again see how bottomlessly stupid a lot of people in that universe are but, luckily, Levi smooths things down at Eren's tribunal by kicking the living carp out of him. Thanks, Levi...? Uncertain Well okay, he at least shows some form of regret afterwards and I guess it did save Eren on that moment but... come on, was it necessary? XD

Anyway, things are looking good :3
It made sense at least. Pain causes Eren to titan out and he certifiably got whooped in a no holds barred beat down so I think Levi's point was pretty clear, If Eren can keep his cool through that he isn't that big of a threat and even if he was Levi could easily put him down.
The new opening features a blood soaked Armin.

Blood soaked Armin.

Armin.

(he is my fav character what a cutie everyone else back off)

I liked the animation of it but it will take a while for the new song to fully replace SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER. Just waiting for the latest episode to be subbed, apparently it features Levi in a cleaning outfit soooo
This week's episode... MY. GOD!!

I think it's my favourite so far. I know Eren or even Mikasa are barely in it, but there were so many good parts: We get some excellent character development for Jean who now comes off as a selfless altruist, insisting that Armin, Reiner and him should act as a diversion to allow another group of soldiers to avoid confrontation with the new Female Titan and looking very determined to do good. After that, Reiner feels like being a BADASS in one of the coolest moments in the show. Seriously, my heart skipped a beat when he... well, some might have not watched it, I don't want to spoil THAT.

So yeah, when the Recon Corps go to try and regain some more territory, they encounter a female titan (Which is something I think we haven't seen, yet) who's pretty clearly a human in a titan's body, but there's something very unsettling about that titan. Like in the opening, there's something really creepy about her tall, slim yet well-built silhouette. Am I alone on this? XD

Anyway, great episode again!
Oh man. Having watched all episodes to now, a little curiosity just ruined the whole thing for me.
This occurred after being curious about the female titan... To find out who she really is. Bigu Shocku! Grin
Can't wait to see how the plot unfolds in animated form. The plot twists are ridiculous and it just gets better.
May start on the manga if I have time and if there are scanlations.

Might as well say both OP songs were awesome, incorporating German into it without me (a somewhat-fluent speaker) ever realising it. Still prefer "Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen"/Crimson (FireRed, literally Grin ) Bow and Arrow over
"Die Flügel der Freiheit" (Wings of Freedom, a reference to the Recon/Scout Corp's insigna). Hmm,

Wohlan Freie!
Jetzt hier ist an Sieg.
Dies ist der erste Gloria.
Wohlan Freie!
Feiern wir dieser Sieg Für den Sieges Kampf!

Oh my friend!
This here now is a victory
This is the first Gloria
Oh my friend!
Let us celebrate this victory for the next fight!

The lyrics to the beginning of Wings of Freedom, which Dude describes as a hymn of my homeland :\ , do really seem to be a reference (intentional or not, who knows) to mankind's first victory against the Titans in the Battle of Trost. Of course, this cannot be confirmed and is my own speculation, but meh sounded legit to me Grin
Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger/They are the food and we are the hunters (literal translation)
^ Sounded awesome in the first OP, Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen, as any would agree.

Can't wait till next week. Female Titan pwnage so far.
Seen all the episodes. Best anime out right now no doubt about it.. the voice actors/tress are amazing. By the way that female titan looks familiar anyone??? Hah can't wait till Saturday tho.!
3DS game for it confirmed, and a new manga series has been announced. Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCpZ8r6I_s
Ahh the female titan episode. Well I guess I couldn't wait until next week for the new episode, so I just caught up on the whole manga (starting from where the anime left off). Hopefully there aren't many differences between the two prior to that.
I can't exactly bring myself to be excited for that AoT game since I'll probably never get to play it. The 3DS isn't region free and I'm far too afraid of hacking it to change its limitations, so... Yeah, I'll just watch videos of it, I guess.

Unless it gets released in NA, but I doubt it Uncertain
So, this week's episode has a pretty cool ending and a bunch of nice flashbacks, but...

Okay, basically what happened is that Eren and Levi's team were leading the titan into an ambush, which is smart. However, why the hell was it so important to not say a single thing to anyone else? And I can understand not saying anything explicit like 'We have an ambush ahead!' because Levi might know or have a hunch that a human is inside the female titan and could understand his words, but maybe just yelling 'It's part of the plan, guys!' or maybe even let them all know prior to the ambush about said ambush? Not saying anything just makes it seem like you don't have a plan or you're scared shitless or maybe that you even went crazy.

Nevertheless, great ending that leaves great potential for next episode.
Hey apparently there is a special coming out soon (next week-ish?)

Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the fall (Novel)

[Image: 77561.jpg]

Novels set years before the beginning of the manga.

Quote:1) Anheru works at a workshop creating protective gear/weapons for the scouting legion (the story is set before the 3D maneuver gear was invented). Anheru is a first class weapons craftsman, and therefore has direct access and also is involved in the ongoings within the scouting legion. In the story, people still didn't know about the weak points of the titans; the story is about Anheru beginning to work on the ultimate weapon/gear to fight the titans. So essentially we learn about how the 3D maneuver gear came about.

2) A baby is found crying in a mass of Titan vomit, amidst the dead titan flames. The child is called "child of titan" and is essentially hated by the people inside the walls. He also seems to grow unnaturally fast. Named Kyukuro, he parts himself from his past/upbringing and gambles on the fate of humanity by enlisting in the scouting legion.

3) Kyukuro has survived from the outside wall: in order to defeat the titans, he gets his hands on the 3D manuever gear. Although the gear is still imperfect and causes a troublesome incident for Kyukuro, he fights the titans. Whether it is because it is his fate to fight them, or it is because of his past, he fights against them.

(Mangahelpers)

(Aug. 20, 2013  2:55 PM)Dude Wrote: Okay, basically what happened is that Eren and Levi's team were leading the titan into an ambush, which is smart. However, why the hell was it so important to not say a single thing to anyone else? And I can understand not saying anything explicit like 'We have an ambush ahead!' because Levi might know or have a hunch that a human is inside the female titan and could understand his words, but maybe just yelling 'It's part of the plan, guys!' or maybe even let them all know prior to the ambush about said ambush? Not saying anything just makes it seem like you don't have a plan or you're scared shitless or maybe that you even went crazy.

Maybe it was to add suspense and to further demonstrate how much trust the team has in their captain, Levi. Normally, in a situation like that with no plan detailed, group members would freak out and go their separate ways to avoid death. But this just shows that even in silence, the group has complete trust in heichou's decisions and plans, even if they were not told beforehand what those plans were.
(Aug. 20, 2013  6:24 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Maybe it was to add suspense and to further demonstrate how much trust the team has in their captain, Levi. Normally, in a situation like that with no plan detailed, group members would freak out and go their separate ways to avoid death. But this just shows that even in silence, the group has complete trust in heichou's decisions and plans, even if they were not told beforehand what those plans were.

THANK YOU FOR GETTING HIS RANK RIGHT! The lazy scanlators keep putting "Captain" (Taichou) when he is a Lance Corporal(Heichou).

I think it is VERY clear Levi didn't know the full extent of the plan. They WEREN'T supposed to end up in the forest at all, the Female deviant ended up pushing them toward it, so any plan they made was Irvin thinking on the fly. I don't think he had a point where he could tell Levi(don't remember too well). So Levi was basically flying by faith himself.
(Aug. 20, 2013  9:54 PM)Thresher Wrote: I think it is VERY clear Levi didn't know the full extent of the plan. They WEREN'T supposed to end up in the forest at all, the Female deviant ended up pushing them toward it, so any plan they made was Irvin thinking on the fly. I don't think he had a point where he could tell Levi(don't remember too well). So Levi was basically flying by faith himself.

Really? I must have missed that detail in the spur of the moment. If that is true, then that is really cool.

EDIT: I think you're right because in the original plan (where they had the color flares and such), it was only to stay in formation and to get to the wall. It was because the formation had broken (due to female titan) that they went through the forest. Because nobody knew about a female titan until it was already in the formation so the whole crew would not have known about the change in plan.

Great quick-thinking on Irvin's behalf. (Maybe they should have made it more obvious about the impromptu planning so that Irvin would gain more fans as a character haha)
...But then how could they have set up those big hook-shooting devices to trap the Female Titan? They had to have been placed there in advance, there's no way they moved them in just a few hours or even minutes Uncertain

...But I can't explain it any better, so I'll go with that Joyful_3
(Aug. 21, 2013  1:14 AM)Dude Wrote: ...But then how could they have set up those big hook-shooting devices to trap the Female Titan? They had to have been placed there in advance, there's no way they moved them in just a few hours or even minutes Uncertain

Irvin was in the front of the formation and Team Levi was in the rear so it is plausible, the made a big deal about the carts being able to travel on the central path and it's not the first expedition where they caught a titan. I'm not above believing plot holes exist in series I like, I just want to make sure there isn't a plausible explanation first.
OMG! How did I not find this thread till now! Shingeki no kyojin clearly the best anime of all time XD
(Aug. 21, 2013  1:24 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2013  1:14 AM)Dude Wrote: ...But then how could they have set up those big hook-shooting devices to trap the Female Titan? They had to have been placed there in advance, there's no way they moved them in just a few hours or even minutes Uncertain

Irvin was in the front of the formation and Team Levi was in the rear so it is plausible, the made a big deal about the carts being able to travel on the central path and it's not the first expedition where they caught a titan. I'm not above believing plot holes exist in series I like, I just want to make sure there isn't a plausible explanation first.

According to the newest episode (20), to capture the female titan was the plan all along. As to why they (Erwin and Levi) didn't disclose that information to the rest of the squad members is detailed five or six minutes into the episode.
Although, that raises the question... Have they known about the female Titan for long?

I mean, for such a plan to work, they'd HAVE to have known about her for at least a few weeks, right? Why hadn't heard about her before? Uncertain
(Aug. 28, 2013  9:25 PM)Dude Wrote: Although, that raises the question... Have they known about the female Titan for long?

I mean, for such a plan to work, they'd HAVE to have known about her for at least a few weeks, right? Why hadn't heard about her before? Uncertain

Maybe they knew that an abnormal would try to break up their formation (since Eren was vulnerable and could possibly attract other titan-shifters). Or that the producers didn't want to introduce the female titan earlier, leaving it assumable that Erwin, Levi and a couple of others knew about this female titan beforehand and didn't disclose information due to the reasons stated in episode 20.
(Aug. 29, 2013  1:46 AM)Insomniac. Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2013  9:25 PM)Dude Wrote: Although, that raises the question... Have they known about the female Titan for long?

Maybe they knew that an abnormal would try to break up their formation (since Eren was vulnerable and could possibly attract other titan-shifters). Or that the producers didn't want to introduce the female titan earlier, leaving it assumable that Erwin, Levi and a couple of others knew about this female titan beforehand and didn't disclose information due to the reasons stated in episode 20.

That is impossible because this is the first time the Female Titan shows up period, I buy that they knew about titan-shifters, but nothing else. They were supposed to get to Shangshina to find the basement, but ended up shifting course toward that forest. It might be a plot hole. I buy that they had the equipment to catch titans, but not that they planned that far in advance to catch a titan that had never previously shown up going to a forest that was that far off course from the original location they wanted to get to.
I heard there will only be 26 episodes of this anime. Do you think they can fit the whole plot in that much time. Really looking forward to the next five weeks.
(Sep. 04, 2013  9:44 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: I heard there will only be 26 episodes of this anime. Do you think they can fit the whole plot in that much time. Really looking forward to the next five weeks.
25 actually & they definitely won't fit the whole plot in. Gotta save some material for a season two haha
(Sep. 05, 2013  10:06 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2013  9:44 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: I heard there will only be 26 episodes of this anime. Do you think they can fit the whole plot in that much time. Really looking forward to the next five weeks.
25 actually & they definitely won't fit the whole plot in. Gotta save some material for a season two haha

oopsies one number off and what. season two. what i've never heard of this i am so excited so excited super excited
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:10 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: oopsies one number off and what. season two. what i've never heard of this i am so excited so excited super excited
Haha well I don't know for sure that there will be a season two, but considering the show's popularity, I think it's safe to assume. So far the only thing confirmed is an OVA that will be coming out this winter.