Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin]

Episode 11, while not nearly as disappointing as episode 9, was just kinda meh for me. Lots of talking centered around characters that don't matter and whom we'll probably never see again, mostly for the rebellion aspect of it that just doesn't bear fruit in the end anyway Uncertain

Furthermore, I'll just say this: I hate, hate, HATE Rico. She's the stereotypical stone-faced, white-haired-for-no-reason girl that's supposed to be cool but she reeeeaaally isn't, for me. She keeps saying that a ton of people will die for Eren, apparently forgetting that Eren is ALSO putting HIS OWN LIFE in jeopardy for the sake of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of other people! And yet she acts all bitchy at Eren.

I hate her. i hope she gets eaten in a very gruesome manner and I really shouldn't be wishing that!
She's right though. A ton of people ARE risking their lives for a plan that might not even work. It's a gamble, and they all know it. She's just telling him this so he knows it's serious, he really doesn't have a chance for failure. He has no choice, he has to succeed. Her words seem very likely for someone in her position. They're realistic, in fact, most of the soldiers actions are.

Also, I don't think she's really a stereotypical character. She's had like ten minutes of screentime, and she just laid down some big truth bombs. How is that aiming to be "cool"?
Because she's the emotionless character. And that's pretty cliché. Seriously, have you seen her even move a facial muscle? Oo But, if that's not enough, explain this: Why the white hair? Because white hair are cool, especially when combined with the emotionless side. Maybe she's got partial albinism, but I doubt that.

And, like I said, Eren is ALSO risking his life, here! If he can't turn into a titan, he'd get eaten too. Heck, the other titans attack him even in his titan form and, since he actually becomes a bigger target, he's potentially even more at risk than the other humans! And instead of putting a TON of pressure on the guy that doubts the situation just as much as you do, wouldn't you rather encourage him to make sure that he succeeds? It just seems like they're doing all they can to shoot themselves in the foot, here Oo
So one of the editors of the series was fired, and he leaked the story of the series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLFr1estH0 Watch at your own risk, it contains a lot of spoilers. The stuff leaked is in the description.
(Jun. 21, 2013  3:38 AM)Anchor Wrote: So one of the editors of the series was fired, and he leaked the story of the series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLFr1estH0 Watch at your own risk, it contains a lot of spoilers. The stuff leaked is in the description.

I'm calling fake. It completely looks over several important characters and plot points.
Yeah, their is a chance that it is fake. But it could also be right in some aspects.
I just finished watching the video, I'm not sure that guy has actually read the manga.
That, and the fact that those spoilers are completely cliché and INSANELY ridiculous.

'My wife and kid were killed by religious nutjobs! I'm gonna design retarded, man-eating giants that will destroy all of humanity! Because I'm angry and that millions or BILLIONS of people are to blame for what a few dozens or, at best, a few hundred did.'

That just makes no sense. I'm not buying it.
I'm simply not buying the fact that this guy who has yet to even be mentioned in passing in the manga has survived for 100 years and still continues to plot against the rest of humanity, innocent people who have been minding their own business. Also, What is his end game? Titans don't like pseudo-titans any more than they like humans, so does he plan to spend the rest of his life watching his back?
He's just insane! That's always the easy route out of plot holes, isn't it ¦D

Yeah, this is so fake XD Nice try, though Tongue_out
(Jun. 18, 2013  12:16 PM)Dude Wrote:

Agreed! Her long-carp speech was draining on for far too long and it made it seem so cheesy.

@Rumors: Aaah well I don't buy the whole thing. Religion oppressing scientific development COULD be a possible factor in the storyline but his exaggeration seemed quite weird, I'm sure they wouldn't base the whole plot on that concept (and in such an ridiculous way).

Oh, here's a treat (SNK RAP):

I hope this tumblr link works!

Anyone else sick of Eren after this episode, or is it just me?
Trust me, he's a lot more sickening in the manga. Where it's at, I honestly feel my like for him dropping. But in the anime, he's pretty alright so far.
This episode was meant to show us something very important. If Eren doesn't have a very specific goal in mind or looses sight of his goal, then he cannot control his Titan form. The first time he changed he was thinking about how he'd never get to see the outside world, the second time he wanted to save and protect his friends, this time he was filled with doubt, and lost all control. Besides if he had no drawbacks in his Titan for he'd be a VERY bland OP character.
Weaknesses are fine, but it's just the fact that everyone was relying on him & risking their lives for him, & he completely let them down. I like a main character that I can root for, instead of being annoyed over. Mikasa or Armin would have made better main characters in my opinion, because their perseverance & drive to defeat the titans is stronger, as evident from the most recent episode.
(Jun. 24, 2013  2:45 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Weaknesses are fine, but it's just the fact that everyone was relying on him & risking their lives for him, & he completely let them down. I like a main character that I can root for, instead of being annoyed over. Mikasa or Armin would have made better main characters in my opinion, because their perseverance & drive to defeat the titans is stronger, as evident from the most recent episode.

Mikasa lives for Eren, and Armin has less resolve than Eren. Eren's problem was that his goal was unclear. Killing titans is his passion, not lifting a rock to plug a hole. If anything Erin is in more danger because the titans seek him out more than regular humans.
Blushing Mikasa is freaking adorable, by the way.

Nice episode, I guess. It's very interesting that, while inside the Titan, Eren is in sort of a mental limbo of peace and calm... I guess they'll explain more about THAT later Oo
(Jun. 24, 2013  10:08 PM)Dude Wrote: Blushing Mikasa is freaking adorable, by the way.

Yep.

Eren is too busy trying to DESTROYALLTHETITANS to even notice... anything, really. God, he's so oblivious.

Also, with Jean. Wow. That was a great inclusion (I don't remember that being in the manga). Man, he's quickly climbing my favorites.
Few days until Episode 13 quite a number to end the month of June 2013, I think in this episode is where Eren gets control in his Titan form.

I need to know something that is rumored out on the internet; is there really going to be a live action movie for Attack on Titan, if so by whom? Hollywood or other? If it's by Hollywood it might or will end up as a failure because every since they done DragonBall Evolution & The Last Airbender which received plenty of negative feedback from the fans. Should Hollywood stay away from doing anime live action movies?
I heard about this before the anime even got released, & I think it's going to be a Hollywood directed film. They said they were doing one for Death Note at one point, too
Yeah, they said the same thing about both Bleach AND Naruto but there's pretty much no news of either... for like years.

An Attack on Titan live-action could be insanely epic if handled properly... but judging from adaptations like Dragon Ball Evolution, 'properly' is too hard for Hollywood.
Yeah, I'd be more excited if it were a Japanese live action movie, honestly. Hollywood can rarely do American adaptions well, as it is Tongue_out
Episode 13, hell of an episode! Eren did it, he fully controlled his Titan form and actually carried the huge boulder to block the gate. Awesome music pieces for this episode, and it ended very well; the ending with Erwin & Levi talking to Eren, especially Levi damn.
lol are we not gonna talk about when Eren started to talk to Rivaille and basically he wakes up in half a daze and says "i'm joining the corps to kill all the titans, every single one of them" (or something like that). that just gets me heated like COME ON ALL YOU EVER TALK ABOUT IS TITANS

EDIT: (instead of double posting) so the 'episode' that came out today was just a recap episode. The raw is out but I'm waiting for the sub, aha.
I liked episode 13, like most of the other episodes, really XD

Titan Eren carrying the boulder was an epic scene and a certain scene does go towards redeeming Rico (Emotionless white-haired girl) as a character when she comes back to help fight the titans while Eren gets the job done. Here, they introduce Levi, a dude from the Recon Corps who is obviously being pushed as the 'badass emo dude' though succeeding in that regard:Yeah, he's pretty badass, especially when he takes down two titans in one, gorgeously animated swoop.

Can't say I really care much for a recap episode... I mean is there really anything we need to be reminded of? XD