Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Jun. 13, 2010  3:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, actually, I just noticed that half of the 'cylinders' on the underside have been removed in Hasbro's version.

I just checked the two rock wheels I got from Hasbro.
The Rock Aries one is missing the "cylinders", but the Rock Aquario one is identical to my takara rock wheels.

Really odd.
The one in my Hasbro double pack has the cylinders.
Question time.

First question: Will there be fellow players showing up at the Florida Supercon? You bet I will. Secondly, does the WBO do cons? That'd I'd also like to know.
I'd like to know these questions before I take off this week on either Thursday or Friday, I might.. MIGHT bring some blades with me, since they can also be used as props as cosplay.
(Jun. 13, 2010  4:42 AM)Gaia Wrote: Question time.

First question: Will there be fellow players showing up at the Florida Supercon? You bet I will. Secondly, does the WBO do cons? That'd I'd also like to know.
I'd like to know these questions before I take off this week on either Thursday or Friday, I might.. MIGHT bring some blades with me, since they can also be used as props as cosplay.
You would have to look in the WBO General forum at the Florida topic that already exists, and ask there if anybody would attend that convention, or contact them directly through email or private message.

It has happened before that people from the World Beyblade Organization have gotten into contact with conventions to hold events there. Somebody just needs to take the initiative.
Alright, thanks for letting me know, this info should be useful. =)
Here's a thought of mine: does anyone think Hasbro is going to release Takara's first gen MF Beyblades as a "next generation" after the Hybrid Wheel System? ie Pegasis 105F as a "new gen" under Hasbro
(Jun. 13, 2010  7:25 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Here's a thought of mine: does anyone think Hasbro is going to release Takara's first gen MF Beyblades as a "next generation" after the Hybrid Wheel System? ie Pegasis 105F as a "new gen" under Hasbro
No. Since Hasbro is releasing the products together with the BMF show, they will not go back to the Metal System generation.
However, I'm very curious on how they are going explain about the Metal System Beys that appeared in the 2nd season (assuming that YTV will broadcast it).

Also, these kind of posts should be in the Beyblade Random Thoughts thread. Wink
okay, sorry for posting it here. so are the MFB blades from the second season the OG blades that were released before the first series? or are they blades like Galaxy Pegasis? I think I'm going to buy multiples of Leone 145D and Libra on eBay. and some Metal Faces
(Jun. 13, 2010  7:52 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: okay, sorry for posting it here. so are the MFB blades from the second season the OG blades that were released before the first series? or are they blades like Galaxy Pegasis? I think I'm going to buy multiples of Leone 145D and Libra on eBay. and some Metal Faces

The Beys in Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion (2nd Season) are based on Beys like Galaxy Pegasis, Ray Unicorno, Thermal Lacerta, etc. Some characters in the anime also uses Pre-HWS Beys such as Aquario and Virgo.

Also, Pre-HWS Libra is banned in WBO organized play, so make sure if you really want 'multiples' of it.
Would the Leone wheel then be the next heaviest, and therefore best for Defense, if I was to play by WBO rules?
(Jun. 13, 2010  8:45 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Would the Leone wheel then be the next heaviest, and therefore best for Defense, if I was to play by WBO rules?

leone is the second heaviest metal wheel beside libra but it has to much recoil frm my test
K so here's my set up: MF Rock Leone C145WB. If I pitted this against an MF Leone C145WB or any D-Tip , would my blade lose for sure? And is it okay to mix Hasbro and Takara Tomy parts? or does that damage them in any way?
The parts should be completely interchangeable. a majority of them are made from the same molds, and are the exact same part as the takara version.
(Jun. 13, 2010  8:45 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Would the Leone wheel then be the next heaviest, and therefore best for Defense, if I was to play by WBO rules?

No. Just because it's heavy does not mean that it is the best for defense. Earth and Virgo are currently the best wheels for defense. Leone has too much recoil, so it is not very effective as a defense wheel.
Do you mean the pre hws virgo?
Yes he does because the hws virgo is just a clear wheel
Cool didn't know it was that good for defence.
yeah mostly because of its circular design
i myself dont own pre hws virgo so i dont know about its recoil
Why when my beyblade gets chip, I see shiny metal?
(Jun. 13, 2010  3:15 PM)AwesomeAnthony Wrote: Why when my beyblade gets chip, I see shiny metal?
The metal of MFB Metal Wheels will slowly start to oxidize once is comes in contact with air. When a part of it is chipped off or sanded, a new, lustrous 'layer' of metal will be revealed.
You can prevent oxidation by providing a layer of protection between the metal and the air (eg. a quick spray of Transparent acrylic gloss enamel spray).
Mmk.. so then Leone 145D would not be a wise choice to purchase then? And where can I get that spray?

And I just want to be completely clear here. Is HWS ultimately better than pre-HWS?
It's not as vague as that. The best attack wheel(Quetz) is a pre hws wheel. The best defence wheel(libra) is pre hws but the best stamina wheel(earth) is probably hws. There isn't a clear answer of whether one is better than the other. Generally hws has more useful wheels with only about 4 or 5 pre hws wheels being useful for top tier combos. Just stick to the what MFB to buy thread for what to buy.
Only if you've got the 5 minute mold.