Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Dec. 18, 2010  4:40 PM)Dan Wrote: The string doesn't break. Why do you have this phobia..?

I mean the handle...my mistake
I understood what you meant by thongs, and Hasbro launchers are much more durable than TT's.
Is it possible to swap the prong parts from hasbro launchers onto takara launchers? I take it it's legal as it was fine in the plastic generation (the other way round).

Also, am I the only one who is a bit miffed at the fact hasbro launchers don't fit in TT's grip? I've shaved the conflicting bits off my hasbro launchers, I figure that's legal as it doesn't affect the launch or the bey itself, right?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I was told it was legal to remove the Card Holder from a launcher, as it gets in the way of my long fingered guitarist hands pahah.
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:47 PM)Dan Wrote: I understood what you meant by thongs, and Hasbro launchers are much more durable than TT's.

Really? can they also fit into the Launcher suspensions?

EDIT: Ok then i guess we'll have to do a little modifications to fit the suspension then, hmmm that would be illegal ofcourse
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:33 PM)lws803 Wrote: But i will still say that the light launcher would be somewhat better at attack types as you can do sliding shoots better.

this is wrong
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:50 PM)lws803 Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:47 PM)Dan Wrote: I understood what you meant by thongs, and Hasbro launchers are much more durable than TT's.

Really? can they also fit into the Launcher suspensions?

EDIT: Ok then i guess we'll have to do a little modifications to fit the suspension then, hmmm that would be illegal ofcourse

It will be advisable not to use illegal customs to any of the beys or launchers during play
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:51 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: this is wrong

Oh i think this will have to depend on each individuals personal preferences on which launchers that we all are more familiar with.
LWS803, you're completely wrong, the String Launcher is by far more powerful than possible with a ripcord launcher. It's just a matter of learning to use it (not so hard), and learning to sliding shoot with it (A tad harder to co-ordinate, but yeah). With pretty much any beyblade (other than a pure defense type with WB), you want as much power on the launch as possible, therefore the Beylauncher is superior in practically every case.

That said, as I'm still learning to use the beylauncher, and as I only have one launcher suspension, I do use the light launchers for testing right now, but once I am more confident with a string launcher (practice makes perfect, if I can play guitar, I'll be damned if I can't pull a string slightly differently than I'm used to), that'll be what I'll use.
No, you are wrong.
Beylaunchers are better than light in every aspect.
I'd reccomend dropping the suspension, I've heard from numerous people that it decreases launch power.
On the topic of beylauncher:
Has Hasbro stopped selling it? I know they have that metal masters thing, but the first wave launchers have been terminated..? I can't find one anywhere.
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:58 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: LWS803, you're completely wrong, the String Launcher is by far more powerful than possible with a ripcord launcher. It's just a matter of learning to use it (not so hard), and learning to sliding shoot with it (A tad harder to co-ordinate, but yeah). With pretty much any beyblade (other than a pure defense type with WB), you want as much power on the launch as possible, therefore the Beylauncher is superior in practically every case.

That said, as I'm still learning to use the beylauncher, and as I only have one launcher suspension, I do use the light launchers for testing right now, but once I am more confident with a string launcher (practice makes perfect, if I can play guitar, I'll be damned if I can't pull a string slightly differently than I'm used to), that'll be what I'll use.

Hmmm then in final conclusion i presume the string launcher is the upper class after all. More testing has to be done with the light launcher though.
No it doesn't we have had light launchers in all generations, while the beylauncher we have not. I think we know what the light launcher can do..
@Tyrakama: There's no risk to me or other players, so would I be banned from a WBO tournament for it?

Just to clarify also, because all I get is conflicting answers, considering I have a Beylauncher LR, is there ANY risk of the string snapping, considering that I've got quite a strong launching arm, and is there a risk of the handle snapping without the suspension?
(Dec. 18, 2010  4:59 PM)Dan Wrote: No, you are wrong.

Yeah but not in the aspect of durabilityTongue_out_wink
Ok. Anyway is it really true that the Launcher suspension decreases power of launching? 0.o if so i will have to remove the launcher suspension immediately
There is always a risk, but I have never heard of a string snapping, no matter how hard it was pulled.
The suspension cushions the handle, which is meant to prevent snapping from happening, so neither outcome is likely.
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:04 PM)tykarama Wrote:

Yes, in that too.
Light launchers are easily broken by mishooting.. :\
lws803, I believe the beywiki says any loss in launch strength with the suspension is debatable. Personally, as I have large-ish fingers, I find it much easier to use/grip, really.
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:03 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: @Tyrakama: There's no risk to me or other players, so would I be banned from a WBO tournament for it?Just to clarify also, because all I get is conflicting answers, considering I have a Beylauncher LR, is there ANY risk of the string snapping, considering that I've got quite a strong launching arm, and is there a risk of the handle snapping without the suspension?

You cant use illegal items during tournaments...
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:09 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: lws803, I believe the beywiki says any loss in launch strength with the suspension is debatable. Personally, as I have large-ish fingers, I find it much easier to use/grip, really.

So i guess i'll have to do a little testing myself then, to see which suits me most. Hmmm by the way, is there any thread on Beylaunchers and light launchers in the forum? I think there's really some researching needed to be done on the amount of strength and durability and so on
To clarify Tyk's 'statement', You probably would be barred.
Edit: Beywiki, LWS803. Speechless
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:05 PM)Dan Wrote: There is always a risk, but I have never heard of a string snapping, no matter how hard it was pulled.
The suspension cushions the handle, which is meant to prevent snapping from happening, so neither outcome is likely.
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:04 PM)tykarama Wrote:

Yes, in that too.
Light launchers are easily broken by mishooting.. :\

Mishooting is a mistake the user makes,so it is not about the design of the launcher
EDIT: Pointless question, in the rulebook, sorry guys, derp'd it.
I thought that the plastic beyblade launcher grip was actually called the custom grip?
Or maybe I heard wrong...
EDIT: DERP, the answer is in the rulebook Tired"
I guess I better give that a better read through, I'm sorry.