Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Jul. 12, 2010  3:45 AM)DragoonHMS Wrote: does the rubber in storm pegasus 105 in certain stadiums more than others?
A verb is considerably missing from that sentence.
(Jul. 12, 2010  3:45 AM)DragoonHMS Wrote: does the rubber in storm pegasus 105 in certain stadiums more than others?

Does the rubber what?

EDIT: Wow... second time Kai-V has beaten me by a few seconds in 5 minutes.
sorry but now i edited the sentence Uncertain my question was that does the rubber slow the bey down somewhat more in certain stadiums?
(Jul. 12, 2010  3:48 AM)DragoonHMS Wrote: sorry but now i edited the sentence Uncertain
Rubber never slows down a Beyblade, in a sense. It creates more friction, and if the Bottom is flat, then it moves a lot more. What makes a big difference is the slope of the stadium. So, for instance, good Beystadiums like TAKARA-TOMY's Attack Type allow for Storm Pegasis to move quickly, however bad, almost flat stadiums like Hasbro's Pegasus Thunder Whip do not allow much for Storm Pegasis.
thanks alot Joyful_3, also i was wondering, i know most people say the string laucher for MFB puts more speed, but if u slide shot the rip cord launcher could it equal or surpass the speed of a string launcher?
I was going to answer, but then I realized that Kai-V is probably going to beat me, as well as word it better.

EDIT: Vindicated. I understand that slope is important for attack types, but does it really affect the speed? I was always under the impression it just affected the movement pattern, and how well a bey could sustain the flower pattern from sliding shoot.
(Jul. 12, 2010  3:53 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I was going to answer, but then I realized that Kai-V is probably going to beat me, as well as word it better.
I will go to sleep soon, do not worry, hah.

DragoonHMS Wrote:thanks alot
Thank you.

Daegor42 Wrote:EDIT: Vindicated. I understand that slope is important for attack types, but does it really affect the speed? I was always under the impression it just affected the movement pattern, and how well a bey could sustain the flower pattern from sliding shoot.
In my opinion, yes, the slope matters a lot. I do not know : when people skate with a (skate)board, if they do it on the normal ground, they usually have to push a lot to go forward; however, if they skate in one of those special bowl-shaped arenas, then I believe they can do a lot more distance, and probably faster, thanks to the slope.

Hm, I do not know, it could in fact not have a lot to do with speed, however the slope is quite important as far as I know.
(Jul. 12, 2010  3:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: if they skate in one of those special bowl-shaped arenas, then I believe they can do a lot more distance, and probably faster, thanks to the slope.

Kai you're obviously very tired... I didn't know skateboarders went at each other in bowls in a fight to death... Sounds epic though.
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:04 AM)MaxL Wrote: Kai you're obviously very tired... I didn't know skateboarders went at each other in bowls in a fight to death... Sounds epic though.
I simply have never gotten interested in the lexicon of skateboarders, hah. You understand what I mean ...

Also, in general it is very difficult to come up with comparisons as examples, because things are a lot more complicated with spinning tops. For instance, skateboards actually roll in the same direction as the floor, while tops are essentially perpendicular, on a totally different axis.
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:04 AM)MaxL Wrote: Kai you're obviously very tired... I didn't know skateboarders went at each other in bowls in a fight to death... Sounds epic though.
I simply have never gotten interested in the lexicon of skateboarders, hah. You understand what I mean ...

Also, in general it is very difficult to come up with comparisons as examples, because things are a lot more complicated with spinning tops. For instance, skateboards actually roll in the same direction as the floor, while tops are essentially perpendicular, on a totally different axis.

I understand, I just like to hastle you for using beyblade terminology on skateboarding. Hahahahaha. Yeah, spinning tops are hard to compare to things... Especially when we have different parts that make contact with the floor... @_@
The beyblades were orignally supposed to come out in America August 1st. Instead, they have already been released. I have seen some at wal-mart but I can't find a grip or stadium anywhere. Anybody know where I can get one? I live in Fresno, Cali if it helps.
There's a topic that might satisfy you located somewhere in the General Beyblade Discussion.
Happy Hunting!
lol. 1 more question. Does it alwas help 2 have a metal face in a bey?
(Jul. 12, 2010  6:59 AM)matt2796 Wrote: lol. 1 more question. Does it alwas help 2 have a metal face in a bey?
Defense Types benefit from the added weight of the Metal Face.

Attack Types normally do not need a Metal Face. However, if the Wheel has high recoil (such as Lighting L Drago), then a Metal Face would help lower the recoil with the increased weight. MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF is a top-tier Attack combo that benefits from using a Metal Face.

It is very unusual for Stamina types to use a Metal Face since the added weight of the Metal Face would increase friction between the Bottom and the Stadium (which decreases Stamina). Also, Stamina types need their weight focused on the outer rim of the Wheel in order to spin longer.
Metal Face is good in some cases, like MF Earth Bull GB145WB, and MF LL DragoCh120RF, but it all depends on the situation.

As Climax said, Metal Face (MF) does decrease recoil, by adding weight.
For example, (Excuse my bad terminology), If there is a car that weights X Kg, it would take Y amount of Force to push it.

But if the car weighted X+20 Kg, then the Y amount of Force would not push it at all/ or further.

So metal face decreases recoil, and also for defense beyblades, helps them add more weight increasing the opponents recoil.

But for Stamina beyblades, (Again excuse my bad terminology), If an ice skater weights X Kg, he can spin Y amount of times in one minute. Because he is more speedy with his light weight, and less friction wit the floor. But if he weight X+ 5 Kg, then he would spin Y- 5 amount of times in one minute.

Glad to assist you with your question.
(Jul. 12, 2010  7:47 AM)Master Wrote: If an ice skater weights X Kg, he can spin Y amount of times in one minute. Because he is more speedy with his light weight, and less friction wit the floor. But if he weight X+ 5 Kg, then he would spin Y- 5 amount of times in one minute.
More weight does not necessarily mean less RPM, it depends on where the weight is focused.
Beys with a Metal Face would have a higher spin velocity since more weight is focused at the center of the Bey.

Also, the stamina of Stamina types are determined by how long it spins, not by its RPM.
Ohh yea, great point!

Also, while we are still discussing this topic, would you mind explaining to me why it is crucial that stamina types focus the spinning on the outside?

I know the inside = more friction, but I do not get the rest.
(Jul. 12, 2010  8:26 AM)Master Wrote: Ohh yea, great point!

Also, while we are still discussing this topic, would you mind explaining to me why it is crucial that stamina types focus the spinning on the outside?

When weight is focused on the outside, the Bey will have more moment of inertia which makes it better at resisting changes in their rotational speed. The spinning force of Beys with their weight focused on the outside would last longer (spin for a longer time period).

I am no physics expert, so what I've just said might be totally incorrect.
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:04 AM)MaxL Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2010  3:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: if they skate in one of those special bowl-shaped arenas, then I believe they can do a lot more distance, and probably faster, thanks to the slope.

Kai you're obviously very tired... I didn't know skateboarders went at each other in bowls in a fight to death... Sounds epic though.

I just wanna let everyone know. Meruda was like "Leave poor Kai-V alone." when I told her I said that last night. Tongue_out
(Jul. 12, 2010  8:26 AM)Master Wrote: Ohh yea, great point!

Here's a little experiment you can do at home. Make sure you have a wide open space if you do, though.

Pick up some things with some heft to them with both hands, and spin around with them close to your body, then with your arms extended. Notice how it's much harder to stop with your arms extended? The more weight that is focused on the outside, the more energy it takes to change its momentum. This means that it takes a larger amount of energy for it to spin, resulting in it being slower, but it also means that it takes a larger amount of energy to stop it from spinning.
This experiment is also great to do with Geomag pieces Smile
You can also try to do this experiment to experience how much faster an object can spin when it's weight is focused at the center. Wink
So if weight is focused on the outside, it is not an object's angular momentum that is increased, but rather its moment of inertia.
(Jul. 12, 2010  1:54 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: So if weight is focused on the outside, it is not an object's angular momentum that is increased, but rather its moment of inertia.
Yes, I think so.:\
Thanks for pointing that out, I will edit my post now.Joyful_2
Ah, isn't it awesome that a 13 year old kid is studying these topics, haha. Grin

EDIT: I really don't have much idea on how I should edit my previous post, but I did change a few things. Confused
Should stamina types have metal faces?