Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(May. 13, 2010  12:26 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: I'm thinking about buying a MFB. I didn't want to but plastics are no longer made and it's time to get up to date.
I've noticed the Storm Pegasis 105RF is one of the best blades so the question is: Should I buy it or is there a better attacker blade in MFB?

This should be posted in the Purchase Consultation thread.

Storm Pegasis 105RF is the best attack MFB uncustomized at the moment. It's a staple, and would definitely be a great purchase.

You should check out this thread if you haven't already:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to-Buy-in-MFB
(May. 13, 2010  12:26 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: I'm thinking about buying a MFB. I didn't want to but plastics are no longer made and it's time to get up to date.
I've noticed the Storm Pegasis 105RF is one of the best blades so the question is: Should I buy it or is there a better attacker blade in MFB?

You can't say these are better, but they're definitely not worse:

Lightning LDrago 100HF
Quetzalcoatl 90WF
(May. 13, 2010  12:48 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: You can't say these are better, but they're definitely not worse:

Lightning LDrago 100HF
Quetzalcoatl 90WF

Lightning LDrago 100HF and Quetzalcoatl 90WF aren't really that good uncustomized and it's unlikely that those 2 are as good as Storm Pegasis 105RF.
(May. 13, 2010  1:22 PM)diamondclimax Wrote:
(May. 13, 2010  12:48 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: You can't say these are better, but they're definitely not worse:

Lightning LDrago 100HF
Quetzalcoatl 90WF

Lightning LDrago 100HF and Quetzalcoatl 90WF aren't really that good uncustomized and it's unlikely that those 2 are as good as Storm Pegasis 105RF.

I'd personally say that Quetzalcoatl 90WF is good uncustomised. The wheel and the track more than make up for the WF, which isn't that bad either.

Lightning LDrago's got a good wheel when used with its clear wheel in the correct mode, and the 100 track is better than the 105 track. Obviously the attack wheel would be better with a higher track, so I see your point here.
(May. 13, 2010  1:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I'd personally say that Quetzalcoatl 90WF is good uncustomised. The wheel and the track more than make up for the WF, which isn't that bad either.

Lightning LDrago's got a good wheel when used with its clear wheel in the correct mode, and the 100 track is better than the 105 track. Obviously the attack wheel would be better with a higher track, so I see your point here.

No, the main reason Lightning L Drago 100HF and Quetzalcoatl 90WF uncustomized is not as good as Storm Pegasis 105RF is not because of the track but the bottom.
The performance of HF and WF is no way near as good as RF which has a way better grip on the stadium.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Powerlifter is trying to buy a good Bey that basically doesn't need much customizing.
Lightning LDrago 100HF uncustomized has too much recoil.
Quetzalcoatl 90WF is decent but its performance uncustomized is no way as good as Quetzalcoatl 90RF.
Storm Pegasis 105RF, on the other hand, is already a great Bey uncustomized.
(May. 13, 2010  2:44 PM)diamondclimax Wrote:
(May. 13, 2010  1:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I'd personally say that Quetzalcoatl 90WF is good uncustomised. The wheel and the track more than make up for the WF, which isn't that bad either.

No, the main reason Lightning L Drago 100HF and Quetzalcoatl 90WF uncustomized is not as good as Storm Pegasis 105RF is not because of the track but the bottom.
The performance of HF and WF is no way near as good as RF which has a way better grip on the stadium.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Powerlifter is trying to buy a good Bey that basically doesn't need much customizing.
Lightning LDrago 100HF uncustomized has too much recoil.
Quetzalcoatl 90WF is decent but its performance uncustomized is no way as good as Quetzalcoatl 90RF.
Storm Pegasis 105RF, on the other hand, is already a great Bey uncustomized.

Throughout all of what you've just said, you've just implied that Storm Pegasis 105RF is only good because of its bottom.

I know that HF and WF aren't as good as RF, but I'm saying that the Quetz wheel and its track more than compensate for what is already a pretty good bottom.

If you trade the RF with the WF from their respective blades, which one becomes a top tier part? Quetzalcoatl does. That just shows that that is the one that needs the least customisation, thus meaning that it's as good as Storm Pegasis 105RF uncustomised. Storm on its own is a great attack wheel, but Quetzalcoatl is a much better one.

I think you're focusing too much on the RF.
Storm Pegasis 105RF equally requires one change; 105 to 100, to become a top-tier customisation.

Storm Pegasis 105RF, as a product, is remarkably easier to obtain, anyway.
That's true, but I guess it comes down to what Powerlifter wants. Does he want Quetzalcoatl 90RF or Storm Pegasis 105RF?

I guess I know which one I'd go for, but it is more difficult to obtain.
I admit I am focusing a bit too much on RF.
However, if Quetzalcoatl 90WF and Storm Pegasis 105RF were to battle uncustomized, it is most likely that Storm Pegasis 105RF will win the majority of the battles.
(May. 13, 2010  3:50 PM)diamondclimax Wrote: I admit I am focusing a bit too much on RF.
However, if Quetzalcoatl 90WF and Storm Pegasis 105RF were to battle uncustomized, it is most likely that Storm Pegasis 105RF will win the majority of the battles.

I'd say it'd win the majority of battles, but not by an overwhelming percentage. RF is awesome, but so is the Quetz wheel.
Stupid
Can anybody identify the Beyblade that has been knocked out of the stadium in the bottom right of this picture?

It was my first Beyblade but I can't remember the name of it, I was like, 7 at the time.

[Image: H-28.JPG]
(May. 13, 2010  3:55 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: RF is awesome, but so is the Quetz wheel.
That, I cannot deny.

So it's up to Powerlifter to make his choice. Joyful_2
(May. 13, 2010  3:58 PM)Sheza Wrote: Can anybody identify the Beyblade that has been knocked out of the stadium in the bottom right of this picture?

It was my first Beyblade but I can't remember the name of it, I was like, 7 at the time.

Dranzer F.
Anyone know where I can buy the Dranzer F apart from Amazon US or Ebay?
Aqua I'm new to the forum so forgive my ignorance.

Thank all of you for your replies. The Quetz is a rare blade and it's wheel does look impressive but I've seen it get annihilated by Storm Pegasis far too many times.
Stats and wheels may be better on certain blades but there is also the player. If a player can perform a brutal launch the difference between a 105 and 100 kinda doesn't matter.
And diamonclimax is right, I'm not into customisations so I'll go with the Pegasis though I'll take the LDrago (just so I can have a training dummy + I can make Pegasis become that notorious 100).
(May. 13, 2010  5:15 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: Aqua I'm new to the forum so forgive my ignorance.

Thank all of you for your replies. The Quetz is a rare blade and it's wheel does look impressive but I've seen it get annihilated by Storm Pegasis far too many times.
Stats and wheels may be better on certain blades but there is also the player. If a player can perform a brutal launch the difference between a 105 and 100 kinda doesn't matter.
And diamonclimax is right, I'm not into customisations so I'll go with the Pegasis though I'll take the LDrago (just so I can have a training dummy + I can make Pegasis become that notorious 100).

That's kinda why we recommend the Quetz wheel. It is a more aggressive attacker than storm. Quetz is normally pared up with RF. WF is not nearly as effective as RF.

As for the difference between 100 and 105 it does exist. It's not a huge one, but it can make the difference in a battle. Also customization is a key facet of the game. There are very few MFB that are good out of the box. They all can be improved with the substitution of parts.
(May. 13, 2010  5:15 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: Aqua I'm new to the forum so forgive my ignorance.

Customization is a huge part of Beyblade. You are not going to be a very good Blader if you don't customize.

Uncustomized, Storm Pegasis is superior to Quetzalcoatl. Quetz is not that great uncustomized.
Wow easy with the gun slinging.
Blades are no longer sold in our shops and web orders aren't really my thing + I won't be attending official tournaments because there are no tournaments in my country and I don't know if there are any bladers except for me and my two friends.
SPegasis+100 track does sound like a fine customization. That's why I wrote I'll also buy a LLDrago blade so I can customize the Pegasis.

I don't want to sound like an Anime character but not everything is in the gear. You can have a Quetzalcoatl RF and still loose to a weaker blade. I have my own way of doing things even if it means I have to run my head through a wall. Surprisingly it works Grin
Anyhow thank you for the advice. I'll just combine these two and blade on.

A NEW question.

Are there categorys in beyblade tournaments? (except for the plastic/metal thing)
Like age or something?
(May. 13, 2010  10:36 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: A NEW question.

Are there categorys in beyblade tournaments? (except for the plastic/metal thing)
Like age or something?
No, there is no age division for us.
(May. 13, 2010  10:36 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: That's why I wrote I'll also buy a LLDrago blade so I can customize the Pegasis.

Are you trying to emphasise the fact that you will customise the beyblade, or are you subtly trying to correct my spelling?

Edit: If you're buying the L LDrago just to customise the Pegasis, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd essentially be trading out parts that don't make *that* great a difference, and it just seems that the LDrago would be neglected and underused.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWAX:IT
Can anypne make out if this comes with a Wide Defense like some of their other gold series beys? I'm thinking not.
Cpt. Squirrel I got the feeling people thought I was against customizing, that's why I bold the word. I do plan on improving the blade.
Quetzalcoatl is with no doubt a great beyblade but it's a force smash. I want to try a clean attack blade that can easily be replaced by a new one if it gets damaged so Pegasis looks like a fine candidate.
105 to 100 may not be much but people say it's a step towards perfection so I'll give it a try.
I don't understand your point about neglecting a beyblade. It's a part of the gear. People do it all the time. I doubt it will cry if I don't use it as my default blade.
In terms of neglecting the blade, I meant that you'd be wasting your money in buying 2 good beys and just using 1. Instead, you could buy 1 not so good bey and 1 storm pegasis.

Meh, say no more, it's your decision.

On a new note, if TT release a new defensive bottom where it's similar to WB but it's free spinning, i.e. just the sea dragon running core, would it be better than WB?
(May. 14, 2010  6:14 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWAX:IT
Can anypne make out if this comes with a Wide Defense like some of their other gold series beys? I'm thinking not.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just a regular 8 Wide.
(May. 14, 2010  10:04 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: On a new note, if TT release a new defensive bottom where it's similar to WB but it's free spinning, i.e. just the sea dragon running core, would it be better than WB?

Theoretically, yes it would be better than WB.
Hi Blader,

I want to ask you which Beyblades there are in the Picture?
What kind of Beblade could be the gold one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...CA.De:1123