Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Are some older beyblade parts still viable in competitive play? If so, which ones?
Top Tier list has all the good parts of today, though it's a tad out of date. This thread is where you can check out some of the new combos that people are testing.

But anyways, here's a rough list
I took "old" as Pre-Maximum series, if that's ok with you.
Why is TH170MB so bad?
Wombat

So Escolpio is seeing use now? I figure it's very light weight for an energy ring would've made it fairly useless in most combos. Good to know I own many of those parts, I figured GB 145, H 145 and S130 would've been pretty outclassed by now.
Escolpio, GB145, H145, and S130 only see uses in attack, and Escolpio only works well with Flash, which is not "old" per say.
(Feb. 20, 2013  11:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: Why is TH170MB so bad?

It's not...?

TH170MB is a more versatile version of 230MB, it just doesn't see as much use, probably because TH170 is harder to obtain. The two are about equal.
(Feb. 20, 2013  12:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: Then why are errors like this on your wiki and not on ours? I'm sorry, but do remember I try to be as nice to you guys as possible about this, but there is a key difference, that even you have admitted: We police edits to our wiki much harder, and for any edit to stay on there, it must be approved, the volume of unapproved edits is low enough that one person patrolling recent changes is generally enough for us, especially because the penalty for making unauthorised edits is generally quite severe. You know that, I know that, so stop being pedantic.

I'd like to see our sites get along but that requires both sides to admit their faults instead of complaining any time someone mentions them - our approval process and updates can be sluggish, but you guys have people who believe in bitbeasts or whatever the MFB equivalent is (and yes, I've seen edits like that on your site that have been up for ages, but as Ineeded an account to do anything about it, I didn't bother) editing your wiki without a system in place to find and correct those edits, at least, not a functional one, and no community providing sufficient testing.

As for the WBO, yes, anyone can say anything and fake tests and so on. And if you want an idea of how well that goes, search the user 'MyTestsAreLies', mostly his activity when he was called Mu.

We cannot help some things. We would absolutely love to lock the Wiki and only allow certain people to edit, we honestly would. However, Wikia Staff have told us that we can't due to their Terms of Use. This causes a problem, as we end up with an average of 300 edits per day, and only four admins to moderate all of them. I won't deny, 75% of those edits are utter carp, and are a waste of space, don't get me wrong. We are honestly restricted by Wikia's rules on what we can and can't do.

For example, we have to allow all editors to edit, even if they don't have an account. We can only block users under the correct circumstances. We aren't allowed to interfere with adverts, or modify anything that would enable a user to navigate the Wiki, even if it would be beneficial.

We did look into going independent, and we almost went ahead with it, but we had two problems. For one, Wikia would not allow us to delete the Wikia version after we moved, so we would have to manage both versions. Secondly, the Wikia version would have a significantly higher SEO than that of the newer site, and would likely stay that way. When we looked at data from other Wikis which had moved off of Wikia, we found that they were only getting 25% maximum of the traffic they had when they were on Wikia, which isn't our aim at all.

We only have good intentions. We're doing our best to make the Wiki easy to view, neat to look at and informative as possible. Keeping up with 300 edits a day isn't easy for four of us, especially when we all have coursework and other things to do as well. Luckily, we do have a few (and I mean very few) editors who know what they're doing and moderate edits when and where they can. Most other editors are idiots, and I won't deny that. They cannot utilise grammar, they cannot spell, and they think their opinions on Beyblades are instantly facts, but due to ToU, we are not allowed to block them because of that.

We do have policies set in place to forbid users from badmouthing or talking down on the WBO as well. We may be rival sites, but in no-way do we want it to become negative. I maintain a positive attitude towards the WBO and try to help out when and where I can. When Kai-V messages me about anything on our Wiki she thinks should be removed, I follow what she says. We have a mutual understanding, and while we got off to a rocky start, I like to think that we're slowly redeeming ourselves and improving on what we once were.

When I reply to any comment regarding the Wiki, I never intend for it to be malicious or full of hatred. I just don't deem it fair that, while we prevent anything bad from being said about the WBO, the same isn't applied here. We are simply trying our best, and we don't have enough decent users to make what we envision come true. I'm sorry if I came off harsh on you, I didn't mean to; I was merely annoyed in general.
Is my Zero-G Stadium supposed to have a small flat on the bottom of the base?
Yes, that is normal.
I see kids at my school (not very experienced bladers) wearing out their tips by launching into the ground. Since the zero g stadium touches the ground too, where should I play so that the performance will still stay the same but won't ruin my tips?

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:02 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Yes, that is normal.
(Feb. 21, 2013  1:43 AM)Wombat Wrote:

It's not...?

TH170MB is a more versatile version of 230MB, it just doesn't see as much use, probably because TH170 is harder to obtain. The two are about equal.

IMO, TH170MB is far less superior than 230MB. Far from being equal.

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:08 AM)PwnagePotato Wrote: I see kids at my school (not very experienced bladers) wearing out their tips by launching into the ground. Since the zero g stadium touches the ground too, where should I play so that the performance will still stay the same but won't ruin my tips?

If you use a stadium, then you're fine. The surface of the stadium is different than the ground. You can play anywhere really, just as long as it's on a flat surface.
(Feb. 21, 2013  2:44 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: We cannot help some things. We would absolutely love to lock the Wiki and only allow certain people to edit, we honestly would. However, Wikia Staff have told us that we can't due to their Terms of Use. This causes a problem, as we end up with an average of 300 edits per day, and only four admins to moderate all of them. I won't deny, 75% of those edits are utter carp, and are a waste of space, don't get me wrong. We are honestly restricted by Wikia's rules on what we can and can't do.

For example, we have to allow all editors to edit, even if they don't have an account. We can only block users under the correct circumstances. We aren't allowed to interfere with adverts, or modify anything that would enable a user to navigate the Wiki, even if it would be beneficial.

We did look into going independent, and we almost went ahead with it, but we had two problems. For one, Wikia would not allow us to delete the Wikia version after we moved, so we would have to manage both versions. Secondly, the Wikia version would have a significantly higher SEO than that of the newer site, and would likely stay that way. When we looked at data from other Wikis which had moved off of Wikia, we found that they were only getting 25% maximum of the traffic they had when they were on Wikia, which isn't our aim at all.

We only have good intentions. We're doing our best to make the Wiki easy to view, neat to look at and informative as possible. Keeping up with 300 edits a day isn't easy for four of us, especially when we all have coursework and other things to do as well. Luckily, we do have a few (and I mean very few) editors who know what they're doing and moderate edits when and where they can. Most other editors are idiots, and I won't deny that. They cannot utilise grammar, they cannot spell, and they think their opinions on Beyblades are instantly facts, but due to ToU, we are not allowed to block them because of that.

We do have policies set in place to forbid users from badmouthing or talking down on the WBO as well. We may be rival sites, but in no-way do we want it to become negative. I maintain a positive attitude towards the WBO and try to help out when and where I can. When Kai-V messages me about anything on our Wiki she thinks should be removed, I follow what she says. We have a mutual understanding, and while we got off to a rocky start, I like to think that we're slowly redeeming ourselves and improving on what we once were.

When I reply to any comment regarding the Wiki, I never intend for it to be malicious or full of hatred. I just don't deem it fair that, while we prevent anything bad from being said about the WBO, the same isn't applied here. We are simply trying our best, and we don't have enough decent users to make what we envision come true. I'm sorry if I came off harsh on you, I didn't mean to; I was merely annoyed in general.

I personally feel criticism is welcome either way. I've been quite vocal in my own criticism of this site and beywiki (the management of which has improved dramatically of late), so don't take me as some biased sycophant. I want both sites to get along, too.

You must understand that we have a lot of users come here and say they read something on 'the wiki' or 'beywiki' when they're talking about your site, and these things they have read are almost always wrong - perhaps that is why they are asking the questions, but either way, we do point out that your wiki is prone to errors (something you admit) and thus, not a reliable source, as well as clarifying the difference between that and beywiki, which has a very strict approval process.

I understand your struggles, but as a wholly separate site, we cannot be expected to provide 'customer support' as such for the content of your site. We can't have users going there, getting incorrect information, and spouting it here.
You will note in my post I stated that your site is unreliable because of the exact issues you've outlined in your post, and nothing more, I know you guys who are in charge are doing the best you can, and said nothing to the contrary, so, I really do not think I have stepped over any line here.
When I launch my Thief Phoenic, it's a bit jerky when the metal faces up, but with it down, it's fine.

Is it because of weight distribution or something? Please reply if you have it too.
I've actually seen that too. It is asymmetrical, so that'd be the jerkyness in chrome up, but I'm not sure why it is fine in crystal up.
Has that happened to you before?

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:27 AM)Outnumbered Wrote: I've actually seen that too. It is asymmetrical, so that'd be the jerkyness in chrome up, but I'm not sure why it is fine in crystal up.

But, In a sense the stadium is still touching the floor, and it feels the same, so how does that work?

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:16 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2013  1:43 AM)Wombat Wrote:

It's not...?

IMO, TH170MB is far less superior than 230MB. Far from being equal.

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:08 AM)PwnagePotato Wrote: I see kids at my school (not very experienced bladers) wearing out their tips by launching into the ground. Since the zero g stadium touches the ground too, where should I play so that the performance will still stay the same but won't ruin my tips?

If you use a stadium, then you're fine. The surface of the stadium is different than the ground. You can play anywhere really, just as long as it's on a flat surface.
Yah, it's happened to me with my Guardian Revizer.
Has Hasbro announced anything about the next wave of Hyperblades?
Hey, when you read the above about the zero g stadium thingy, is that true? I mean, the flat part of the stadium is making contact with the floor, and what difference would it make? I mean like the BB10, the round part isn't making contact but the zero g's are and since it's solid, what's the difference?

On a 2nd note:

Has that happened to your Theif Phoenic (if you've had one?)
I don't own a zero g stadium or a Thief Phoenic.
But is what he said was true?

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:53 AM)Outnumbered Wrote: I don't own a zero g stadium or a Thief Phoenic.
Yah, Uwiks a mod so he knows his stuff.
Uwik doesn't tend to lie, or be wrong about such things. I mean, he is a committee member.
So it won't ruin my tips? I have a sharp I'm dying to use but if that turns into a SF i'll kill myself lol.

(Feb. 21, 2013  5:03 AM)th!nk Wrote: Uwik doesn't tend to lie, or be wrong about such things. I mean, he is a committee member.
It is primarily the roughness/friction of the surface that wears down tips, and rocky surfaces tend to chip away at them. The hard surface of a stadium prevents contact with these areas, however it is advisable to place a cardboard sheet or the like under the stadium to prevent any damage to it (and it is part of our tournament rules to prevent the effects of the surface on the swaying gimmick). As with any stadium which beyblades can exit (i.e. any stadium, really), it is also advisable to place something over the surrounding ground to prevent any damage to tops that exit the arena.
Do all Zero-G boosters have a MSF, or just some of them?