Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Is RDF really adequate for stealing spin (to equalise) though ... ?
You would not think so, but Beyhyperkiller has some testing against various-height stamina types with results that are pretty good (the combo being MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina) BD145RDF).

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Gra...-BD145-RDF
I have a new question. I've seen some people list the weight ranges for different types of beyblades, but are they true? I mean, how is the weight suppose to be? I saw that attack types are suppose to be light, but the Galaxy Pegasus is light and it dies out too easily (well, mine does). I know defense is suppose to be heavy, and stamina and balance are suppose to be equal, but how exactly is attack weight suppose to be? And I did make sure this question was appropriate for this thread.
I'm hoping someone with a better understanding of the physics will explain it properly, as that's really not my area, but basically: Attackers need to be heavy enough to withstand recoil (the main part) and also budge opposing beyblades. I'd like to leave anything more to someone with a good grasp of physics (and I'd advise anyone who doesn't have a good grasp of physics to do the same).

Generally in MFB, more weight is good for all types, assuming good distribution of that weight , until it comes to the point you can't make a beyblade move fast enough, which happens sometimes with diablo.

(Jun. 23, 2012  4:51 AM)beycrafter01 Wrote: I have a new question. I've seen some people list the weight ranges for different types of beyblades, but are they true? I mean, how is the weight suppose to be? I saw that attack types are suppose to be light, but the Galaxy Pegasus is light and it dies out too easily (well, mine does). I know defense is suppose to be heavy, and stamina and balance are suppose to be equal, but how exactly is attack weight suppose to be? And I did make sure this question was appropriate for this thread.

What th!nk said is pretty much correct. Your question can be answered even without the need of Physics. But I'll try to explain it in layman's language, and also in terms of Physics.
th!nk is probably forgetting something, as what I am going to say is what I learnt from him(Smile)-

This is something that cannot be explained altogether, so I'd put up the answer in points-

1. Why an Attacker has to be light?
An Attacker must be light ONLY because it can move around the stadium swiftly. Explaining the laws of Physics(specifically Newton's First Law of Motion) in layman's language- When magnitude of force remains constant, a heavier body moves slower than a lighter body.
In compliance with this point(and only this point), the reason why Galaxy sucks is because of the arrival of the 4D series, which set up the rule of "all that's lighter than 40g is a suck-ish part".

2. Why an Attacker has to be heavy? (Note- You need not read this really, as th!nk has given you the gist of it already. Smile)
An attacker doesn't really need to be the heaviest part available or something.
As you may know already, an attacker suffers from quite a bit of recoil. This recoil is present in every part that has contact points. Depending on the size, shape and distribution of contact points, the recoil suffered by every Metal Wheel varies.
Now, certain highly powerful Attack wheels also suffer from a lot of recoil. As long as you can legally modify it to handle the recoil suffered, the wheel can be deemed as a good Attack wheel. Unfortunately, Galaxy doesn't fulfill these parameters.
Coming back to the topic-
There are two ways by which we try to lessen the effect of recoil on a bey-
i)Increasing the weight; usually by adding a Metal Face (or simply by using a heavy wheel)
ii)Increasing the grip; usually done by using rubber Attack tips.

The first way is what we are focusing on. An attacker must be heavy enough to be able to handle the recoil it suffers. Taking a more suitable example of Lightning here-

4D is again, responsible for the need to have heavier attack wheels. Lightning has great capacity to be able to handle the recoil it suffers. But still it is ineffective. Why? Because the Defense and Stamina combos it faces are WAY too heavy for it to attack! If you want it to be explained in the terms of Physics, you can refer to the laws of Inertia and Momentum, which may just partly answer your question, IMO.

I hope you are satisfied with the answer. Smile
Also, please correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere!
(Jun. 23, 2012  8:58 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2012  4:51 AM)beycrafter01 Wrote: I have a new question. I've seen some people list the weight ranges for different types of beyblades, but are they true? I mean, how is the weight suppose to be? I saw that attack types are suppose to be light, but the Galaxy Pegasus is light and it dies out too easily (well, mine does). I know defense is suppose to be heavy, and stamina and balance are suppose to be equal, but how exactly is attack weight suppose to be? And I did make sure this question was appropriate for this thread.

What th!nk said is pretty much correct. Your question can be answered even without the need of Physics. But I'll try to explain it in layman's language, and also in terms of Physics.
th!nk is probably forgetting something, as what I am going to say is what I learnt from him(:))-

This is something that cannot be explained altogether, so I'd put up the answer in points-

1. Why an Attacker has to be light?
An Attacker must be light ONLY because it can move around the stadium swiftly. Explaining the laws of Physics(specifically Newton's First Law of Motion) in layman's language- When magnitude of force remains constant, a heavier body moves slower than a lighter body.
In compliance with this point(and only this point), the reason why Galaxy sucks is because of the arrival of the 4D series, which set up the rule of "all that's lighter than 40g is a suck-ish part".

2. Why an Attacker has to be heavy? (Note- You need not read this really, as th!nk has given you the gist of it already. :))
An attacker doesn't really need to be the heaviest part available or something.
As you may know already, an attacker suffers from quite a bit of recoil. This recoil is present in every part that has contact points. Depending on the size, shape and distribution of contact points, the recoil suffered by every Metal Wheel varies.
Now, certain highly powerful Attack wheels also suffer from a lot of recoil. As long as you can legally modify it to handle the recoil suffered, the wheel can be deemed as a good Attack wheel. Unfortunately, Galaxy doesn't fulfill these parameters.
Coming back to the topic-
There are two ways by which we try to lessen the effect of recoil on a bey-
i)Increasing the weight; usually by adding a Metal Face (or simply by using a heavy wheel)
ii)Increasing the grip; usually done by using rubber Attack tips.

The first way is what we are focusing on. An attacker must be heavy enough to be able to handle the recoil it suffers. Taking a more suitable example of Lightning here-

4D is again, responsible for the need to have heavier attack wheels. Lightning has great capacity to be able to handle the recoil it suffers. But still it is ineffective. Why? Because the Defense and Stamina combos it faces are WAY too heavy for it to attack! If you want it to be explained in the terms of Physics, you can refer to the laws of Inertia and Momentum, which may just partly answer your question, IMO.

I hope you are satisfied with the answer. :)
Also, please correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere!
Even though I don't use attack types that oftenn. It seems I have learned something new about physics from reading this thread. And I will use it to help me when creating a new combo. Thanks JanStarBlast.

(Jun. 23, 2012  3:58 PM)pegasus626 Wrote: which has more attack blitz or variares

i will go for variares.. Read variares thread
The seller's store name is Rapidity Metal Fusion Fight. Rapidity is a fake brand and I would avoid buying it.
Are there any beyblade tournements this summer??? I live in CT, and i mean hasbro tournements
Nope, there aren't any Hasbro tournaments scheduled for this Summer.
which tip is better for defence: WD or D
(Jun. 23, 2012  8:33 PM)miningforiorn Wrote: which tip is better for defence: WD or D
WD is better for Defense. It's also good for Stamina

when is the next bey tournament in georgia for july or june
Questions like that do not belong here. Check the WBO Organized Play section.
(Jun. 23, 2012  8:54 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2012  8:33 PM)miningforiorn Wrote: which tip is better for defence: WD or D
WD is better for Defense. It's also good for Stamina
Yes But Both Are Horrible In Defense. CS And RDF Are Alot Better.

(Jun. 23, 2012  4:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is RDF really adequate for stealing spin (to equalise) though ... ?

I don't think it's better than EWD by any means, but it can do well enough. Because the tip of RDF extends slightly past the plastic shell surrounding it, it is able to precess to some degree.

L Drago Destroy BD145RDF has been popular in Toronto lately, but not only because of its ability to spin steal. L Drago Guardian could also be used, as Fluke was talking about.
(Jun. 24, 2012  12:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2012  4:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is RDF really adequate for stealing spin (to equalise) though ... ?

I don't think it's better than EWD by any means, but it can do well enough. Because the tip of RDF extends slightly past the plastic shell surrounding it, it is able to precess to some degree.

L Drago Destroy BD145RDF has been popular in Toronto lately, but not only because of its ability to spin steal. L Drago Guardian could also be used, as Fluke was talking about.

I have used L Drago Guardian BD145RDF and it has done amazing with spin stealing and attack
could someone tell me what all the current colors of the 85 track are? so far ive got down yellow, trans blue, and what looks to me to be a really light trans blue with gravity perseus. is that it? or am i missing one?
(Jun. 24, 2012  12:52 AM)Kei Wrote:

I like RDF for spin stealers because:
Precession.
The Defense bonus and mild Attack motion keeps it in the stadium against Attack types long enough to get them down to a more manageable speed.
RDF has low enough Stamina that it will slow down the beyblade faster than a Stamina tip will, allowing for a second "weak launch" after a period where there is no contact, thus allowing it to steal more effectively.

I want to ask that does mld absorb ver. Have more rubber than original mld

Or some kind of diff. Rubber
(Jun. 24, 2012  11:25 AM)BEYDEXTER Wrote: I want to ask that does mld absorb ver. Have more rubber than original mld

Absorb has more rubber but isn't as useful as the original MLD...
Isn't MLD Absorb just a recolor of the original MLD with a better tip for attack.
(Jun. 24, 2012  12:29 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2012  11:25 AM)BEYDEXTER Wrote: I want to ask that does mld absorb ver. Have more rubber than original mld

Absorb has more rubber but isn't as useful as the original MLD...

MLD Ultimate Absorb Ver.="Original" BB-88 MLD

No Difference at all between the two except for color, track, performance tip, and price...