Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(May. 15, 2012  8:13 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(May. 15, 2012  8:11 AM)Hemanthz Wrote: I have a question, what is the energy ring for ?, because no matter how i look at it, I really don't see why people say that a few energy rings are good, cuz as far as i can think, i don't see what the difference really is aren't all of those the same ?
The weight of some are very evenly distributed. Such as Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus/Bull.
Being more balanced, it will have affect on the stamina, endurance etc.

So coming back to this question and answer, because it's been the main part I've had trouble figuring out the value of...

Is there any possible benefit to having a less-even weight distribution? Are the evenly-balanced ones flat-out "better" or just better for certain combos? Also, there was mention of one energy ring being "too light" - isn't that going to mean it has less impact on the weight distribution?

And don't some Fusion Wheels have uneven weight distribution as well? If so, would it be possible to partly balance them out with the right Energy Ring?

(yes, I'm full of questions. Hope you guys don't mind)
Most Metal Wheels are essentially perfectly even, or they are very bad. Basalt was probably the only imbalanced one that was good, only because of its excessive weight.

I think the general statement is that there are very few imbalanced Clear Wheels which are used in good combinations.
For most of your question, I don't know the answers, however with the one about the uneven weight distribution on Fusion Wheels, you can balance it out, especially with an Clear Wheel like Aquario. Sometimes we use Clear Wheels that have the same shape and weight distribution as the Metal Wheel/Fusion Wheel, for example, Diablo and Kerbecs. Hopefully I understood that question well enough.

EDIT: Got totally ninja'd by Kai-V.
Thanks both of you.

I think I'm only left with two real questions.

Is there any benefit to having uneven weight distribution on the Energy Ring?

What are the advantages of light vs. heavy Energy Rings?
It truly depends on circumstance, however typically heavy energy rings are used, like Bull, Kerbecs, and Aquario, where Aquario is found to be most useful. And light energy rings provide more stamina depending on weight distribution and how light it is, but heavier energy rings help weigh the Bey down to help prevent the Beyblade from losing in a stadium out. Heavier energy rings are preferred for any circumstance.

And to put it simply, almost anything with uneven weight distribution will function horribly, so there is no benefit to it.
fast question. For the new Zero G beyblades, you can have 2 metal pieces together, called chrome sychro (I think). But can we have two crystal pieces together?
Ryu-X: Kerbecs is still better on three-sided beys and Aquario is slowly being replaced by Cancer and Cygnus because both have much better stamina for whatever reason.

black Panda: For whatever ridiculous reason Takara Tomy have for it, no, apparently the poles are too large in some way for two Crystal Wheels to fit together. Hazel could probably tell you more. The Two Chrome Wheels setup is called "Synchrom".
when is a bb-10 no longer legal? I got mine recently and been using it noticed near the bottom rim of the stadium theres a tiny tiny dent thingy...
IIRC, if there are any dents, bumps, or cracks that are big enough to affect the battles inside the stadia, it's illegal.
Wouldn't that question sort of belong in the "Questions about the WBO" thread, though Tongue_out_wink
(May. 19, 2012  12:37 PM)Zancrow Wrote: IIRC, if there are any dents, bumps, or cracks that are big enough to affect the battles inside the stadia, it's illegal.
Wouldn't that question sort of belong in the "Questions about the WBO" thread, though Tongue_out_wink

no like the rim the one that faces the floor the battles don't seem different to me, I just got it man it can be going broke D:
Yo! im kinda new to beyblade but sorta played with it when i was a child. brings back memories Smile. im starting to collect beyblades and is really looking foward to buy burning kerebous, blizzard orthros, zeus and uriel. How much do they really cost? because i dont want to get ripped off. and what other beys would u recommend me to buy and how much do they usually cost?
@th!nk Really? Well that is news to me, I suppose I missed it when I didn't get on for that period of time. I truly didn't think Cygnus would amount to anything.
(May. 19, 2012  11:53 AM)Clonetos Wrote: when is a bb-10 no longer legal? I got mine recently and been using it noticed near the bottom rim of the stadium theres a tiny tiny dent thingy...

You would have to post a photograph.
how do i fix a rev launcher when the string won't retract when i pull it?
Is Metal Flat a good replacement for Rubber Flat? I will be getting a Screw Capricorne soon and I want to know if Metal Flat will be a good replacement for Rubber Flat on my MF Variares R145RF.
I wanted to ask this question as now a days spin stealers/equilisers are being used widely in indian metagame...my question is during a battle of stamina vs spin stealer if it went realy intense and a judge cant realy make out who did the last rotation then what should be the decision??most of the times we'l say it is a draw but if 1 bey had half rotation or jus a bit movement after the other stops,then should we consider it as a win for 1st bey or a tie??

PS - If every battle is going so much intense(draw) then what should be a limiting number of rounds?
(May. 19, 2012  5:20 PM)Eternal Blader Wrote: Is Metal Flat a good replacement for Rubber Flat? I will be getting a Screw Capricorne soon and I want to know if Metal Flat will be a good replacement for Rubber Flat on my MF Variares R145RF.

That sort of question belongs in build me a combo, but you should just check the Competitive MFB Combos list, as the setups that work for Variares are listed there. I'm also quite sure there's testing of Variares on Metal Flat, so please try to find information for yourself before asking questions.

(May. 19, 2012  5:52 PM)nik1392 Wrote: I wanted to ask this question as now a days spin stealers/equilisers are being used widely in indian metagame...my question is during a battle of stamina vs spin stealer if it went realy intense and a judge cant realy make out who did the last rotation then what should be the decision??most of the times we'l say it is a draw but if 1 bey had half rotation or jus a bit movement after the other stops,then should we consider it as a win for 1st bey or a tie??

PS - If every battle is going so much intense(draw) then what should be a limiting number of rounds?

I'll let a committee member answer the first part of the question (as should everyone else, really).
As for a round limit, there shouldn't be one. As much as that can drag on forever, for the sake of fairness you really can't limit it. Blame people who use spin stealers against stamina and vice versa, hah.
If Quetzalcoatl is the enemy Bey in the first Bey Ta Go arcade machine, then what would I fight in the Bey Ta 2Go machine?
(May. 19, 2012  5:52 PM)nik1392 Wrote: I wanted to ask this question as now a days spin stealers/equilisers are being used widely in indian metagame...my question is during a battle of stamina vs spin stealer if it went realy intense and a judge cant realy make out who did the last rotation then what should be the decision??most of the times we'l say it is a draw but if 1 bey had half rotation or jus a bit movement after the other stops,then should we consider it as a win for 1st bey or a tie??

Normally they would be draws, but if it goes on for more than five matches, perhaps incomplete rotations could be counted. However, in my opinion you would still get battles where, first, Blader A 'wins'; second match, Blader B almost 'wins'; third match, Blader A almost 'wins'; etc.

(May. 19, 2012  10:04 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: If Quetzalcoatl is the enemy Bey in the first Bey Ta Go arcade machine, then what would I fight in the Bey Ta 2Go machine?

It was Mercury Anubius.
(May. 20, 2012  1:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Normally they would be draws, but if it goes on for more than five matches, perhaps incomplete rotations could be counted. However, in my opinion you would still get battles where, first, Blader A 'wins'; second match, Blader B almost 'wins'; third match, Blader A almost 'wins'; etc.

(May. 19, 2012  10:04 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: If Quetzalcoatl is the enemy Bey in the first Bey Ta Go arcade machine, then what would I fight in the Bey Ta 2Go machine?

It was Mercury Anubius.

Thank you!

I have a FConfused tip which was from Sonokong which does fully extend out which makes it look similar to FS. Would this be a different mold for FConfused or would this be a manufacturing error?
soo, i'm back from having been away from beyblade for a while and i was familiar with the beyblade metal fusion . but now im hearing about beyblade zero g but they seem similar. i read the wiki page about it and am still confused! whats the big difference? is it worth it for me to buy MFB just for recreational still or go to Zero g? and what exactly does beyblade 4d mean? Thanks!
(May. 20, 2012  6:46 AM)Kenshin Wrote: I have a F:S tip which was from Sonokong which does fully extend out which makes it look similar to FS. Would this be a different mold for F:S or would this be a manufacturing error?

If that's case when you first unboxed it, it would be considered as a manufacturing error. If that happened after you've played around with it a few times, it would be considered broken. Anyway, that F:D is illegal, not that anyone would want to use F:D competitively.
(May. 20, 2012  1:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Normally they would be draws, but if it goes on for more than five matches, perhaps incomplete rotations could be counted. However, in my opinion you would still get battles where, first, Blader A 'wins'; second match, Blader B almost 'wins'; third match, Blader A almost 'wins'; etc.
You know I always found this one puzzling, especially for plastics where the zombies and other spin-stealing combos often win reliably by only half a rotation or so for certain matchups (most commonly Spiral Change Base and a conventional zombie in opposite spin directions). I have my understanding, but I was wondering if you could explain the whole purpose behind the "full rotation" thing, in case I'm not quite right.

Quote:It was Mercury Anubius.

Oh, I was meaning to ask about this a while back - is the official name "Anubis" or "Anubius"? I vividly recall hearing both and I was never quite sure, largely because of the way I recall the discussion about it going.