Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Counts as normal playwear. Doubt it significantly affects anything.
1st part of your post - yes.

2nd part - If it is able to spin left yes, Otherwise no. Spnning a Gravity left is legal since it can do that, but spinning a Basalt is not.
how do the bey point systems work on here? im rather confused
(Nov. 21, 2011  8:55 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: how do the bey point systems work on here? im rather confused

This topic is for questions about the Beyblade game itself.

Read the rules of the Beypoint System, and read the Help section.
Why isnt anybody using basalt in tournement even though its good? I checked the successful combos thread, but basalt has not been listed alot. Why?
Phantom and VariAres are both seeing higher usage rates than Basalt right now. Phantom is currently the most-used MW in the WBO Metagame, due to being a dominating Stamina MW capable of okay attack and decent - if not niche - Defense/Stamina hybrid combo success.
Also, just because it is winning doesn't mean it is not being used.
(Nov. 22, 2011  1:06 AM)th!nk Wrote: Also, just because it is winning doesn't mean it is not being used.

(It really isn't being used very much, though.)
(Nov. 22, 2011  12:57 AM)TheInGreek Wrote: Why isnt anybody using basalt in tournement even though its good? I checked the successful combos thread, but basalt has not been listed alot. Why?

It's still being used fairly frequently at the 3 tourneys I've been to in the past 10 days. It just isnt being highlighted in posts because it isn't the flavor of the month anymore.

I use it, for whatever that's worth.
I use it in anti-meta combos, specifically anti-attack. I don't like defense, so I just use the Basalt combo instead against attack types, or use an attack type of my own.

It's still fairly prevalent though, I lost to one at the tournament I went to.
Scythe Kronos is starting to be very popular too. It's non recoil metal and the free spinning PC frame gives it very good stamina capabilities.
I've seen it more in use as a LTDC actually, Scythe BGrin and Scythe Kronos BD145EDS are somewhat less used. I gave geofiasco advice about his Scythe combo (Scythe BGrin, Phantom something), told him to do Phantom BGrin and Scythe BD145EDS. It worked, but people use Orion more nowadays.
Small question:

on eBay, there are individual Beylauncher LR's that I believe are fake, from the "H" brands, but I want to know: is there any difference aesthetically, or on the outside?
Their prongs are often the wrong color, iirc.

and, H brand items are fake, yes.
Okay,so should I trade???
My Beyblades are:
Storm Pegasus 105 RF x2
Galaxy Pegasus W105 R2F
Dark Bull H145 SD
Rock Orso D 125 B
Gravity Destroyer AD145 WD
Burn Fireblaze 135 MS
Earth Eagle 145 WD
Earth Virgo GB145 BS
Meteo L-Drago LW105 LF
having all of these,should I trade my Dark Bull for a Lightning L Drago?
And yes,Metal Fusion is no longer available,its all Metal masters now
Hey When will ther be a bey tourney in South Jersey I want one real bad

also how do u get bey points
(Nov. 22, 2011  2:33 PM)stormpegasus121 Wrote: Okay,so should I trade???
My Beyblades are:
Storm Pegasus 105 RF x2
Galaxy Pegasus W105 R2F
Dark Bull H145 SD
Rock Orso D 125 B
Gravity Destroyer AD145 WD
Burn Fireblaze 135 MS
Earth Eagle 145 WD
Earth Virgo GB145 BS
Meteo L-Drago LW105 LF
having all of these,should I trade my Dark Bull for a Lightning L Drago?
And yes,Metal Fusion is no longer available,its all Metal masters now

Use the Purchase Consultation topic for that question.

Pheniox King Wrote:Hey When will ther be a bey tourney in South Jersey I want one real bad

also how do u get bey points

This thread is only for questions on the Beyblade hobby itself.

Also, you should really read the Help section, it would answer questions before you even ask them.
(Nov. 21, 2011  4:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: It is less the weight itself (though in plastics, zombies used lighter weight to steal spin better, as it requires less energy from the other bey to spin them around their bearing, increasing their stamina), and more the distribution/ In non-zombie stamina combo's, more weight is generally better, again, as long as that weight doesn't increase friction more than the momentum of the beys rotation (I think that's the right term), which is why Metal Faces are not used on stamina beys.

The main thing is having the weight focused on the outside edge of the beyblade (flywheel effect etc). It's also important to have low recoil to prevent spin loss from impacts with other beys (and to reduce the ease of KO). Low recoil designs generally also lower air resistance/drag, which further lessens the forces on the beyblade that would make it stop.

This is why, with all of it's weight in the outer rim, and a light, plastic centre, Phantom is extremely good at stamina.

Short Answer: So basically, heavy, but with all the weight along the edge of the wheel.

*also, basalt doesn't have good stamina in itself, but it greatly reduces opponents stamina by destabilising them with it's hits from wobbling (and its weight preventing these hits putting itself too off balance).

WOW! You really learned me alot! Thanks! This going to do my beylife much easier!Yeah! Im going to try build a bey that its heavier on the edge and lighter in the center! Thanks for supporting me Th!nk!
Should I test Guardian BD145LRF vs Variares DD LEFT F TIP and not get yelled at? Ill also add:

Death DEFENCE BD145CS
(Nov. 22, 2011  8:10 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Should I test Guardian BD145LRF vs Variares DD LEFT F TIP and not get yelled at? Ill also add:

Death DEFENCE BD145CS

If you're testing for attack just do it against the Top Tier Defense Combos.

Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Etc.
Unless I missed something, D:D is not actually that good, so it should not appear in any testing unless you want to actually test it.
if i get a blader passport do they send it to me, or is it not a real passport?
Thanks. Also, would MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD15CS a valid combo for this attack type?
That belongs in Questions about the WBO.

jay

Replace Hell with Basalt.