Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Sep. 18, 2011  2:35 PM)Max Tate Wrote: Was a dark blue-ish Dragoon G ever released? If so, what is its rarity? If not, what beyblade could it possibly be?

Hasbro realsed one as a recolor
Takara realesed one in a staduim set and i think that a shop (Ideal maybe) made a special recolor sort of thing.

Heres my question, whats the LAD death ruling with wolborg 4s base ?
So does that mean that what Phoenix11 said was true?
Yes it is quite rare, the takara staduim is the rarest,(lighish blue) then the toy shop one then the hasbro one (dark blue.)
Have no idea what the desert shinxer / bakushin OH thing was about though.
(Sep. 18, 2011  1:47 PM)Cookies^^ Wrote: Is there acctually a difference between Hasbro's Beylauncher v1 and Beylauncher v2?
Nope the Orange and Mettalic Red Work exactly the same. the strings of both are the same size.

(Sep. 18, 2011  2:43 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  2:35 PM)Max Tate Wrote: Was a dark blue-ish Dragoon G ever released? If so, what is its rarity? If not, what beyblade could it possibly be?

Takara realesed one in a staduim set and i think that a shop (Ideal maybe) made a special recolor sort of thing.

Is it the one with the glitter on it? I have the AR and the WD, but I lost my WD again ;_;
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:14 PM)® Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  2:43 PM)Poseidon Wrote:

Is it the one with the glitter on it? I have the AR and the WD, but I lost my WD again ;_;
Deleted.
Considering he quoted a completely different post, he isn't talking about the BeyLauncher...
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:24 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Considering he quoted a completely different post, he isn't talking about the BeyLauncher...
oh sorry about that.
Does any have link to Diffrent tpyes of mold of earth if there is one.
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:26 PM)DragoonRoks Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:24 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Considering he quoted a completely different post, he isn't talking about the BeyLauncher...
oh sorry about that.
Does any have link to Diffrent tpyes of mold of earth if there is one.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...uila_145WD Halfway down the article, Mold 2 is pictured. Mold 1 is pictured at the very bottom.
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:18 AM)Electric Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:04 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: In ''Phantom Orion'', is "Orion" pronounced "o-ree-on" or "o-ri-on''

It is more of an Oh-rai-on.

But, I don't see how that is a question related to the Beyblade Hobby, this is the wrong place to ask that kind of a question.

A simple Google Search would have worked if you had put effort into actually finding out.

Actually, it is more "o-ree-on", in Japan's official pronunciation. It would probably be confused with "lion" if it was "o-rye-on".
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:18 AM)Electric Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:04 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: In ''Phantom Orion'', is "Orion" pronounced "o-ree-on" or "o-ri-on''

It is more of an Oh-rai-on.

But, I don't see how that is a question related to the Beyblade Hobby, this is the wrong place to ask that kind of a question.

A simple Google Search would have worked if you had put effort into actually finding out.

Actually, it is more "o-ree-on", in Japan's official pronunciation. It would probably be confused with "lion" if it was "o-rye-on".

I think we should still encourage our English-speaking population to pronounce the word properly, however. It's possible the Japanese simply looked at the word and romanized in incorrectly based on how they thought it might have been pronounced, too - this is not an uncommon occurrence when it comes to western wording, similar to how mistranslation/pronunciation is often common from Japanese to English.
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:18 AM)Electric Wrote: A simple Google Search would have worked if you had put effort into actually finding out.
I'm pretty sure Google won't give me the Japanese pronunciation, therefore leading me into not distinguishing one from another.
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:45 PM)Hazel Wrote: I think we should still encourage our English-speaking population to pronounce the word properly, however. It's possible the Japanese simply looked at the word and romanized in incorrectly based on how they thought it might have been pronounced, too - this is not an uncommon occurrence when it comes to western wording, similar to how mistranslation/pronunciation is often common from Japanese to English.

The thing is often that TAKARA-TOMY chooses words from other languages, so you cannot just assume that it is the English word. Escolpio is an example, even though they confused the 'r' with the 'l' as the Japanese they are.
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  3:45 PM)Hazel Wrote: I think we should still encourage our English-speaking population to pronounce the word properly, however. It's possible the Japanese simply looked at the word and romanized in incorrectly based on how they thought it might have been pronounced, too - this is not an uncommon occurrence when it comes to western wording, similar to how mistranslation/pronunciation is often common from Japanese to English.

The thing is often that TAKARA-TOMY chooses words from other languages, so you cannot just assume that it is the English word. Escolpio is an example, even though they confused the 'r' with the 'l' as the Japanese they are.

It's easy enough to see, though, that in this case they were referring to what is pronounced "oh-rye-on" in English, as the Beyblade itself contains references to the constellation. They also tend to stylize words for the sake of marketing/dramatic effect, which can complicate things, too.

Obviously there are exceptions to any consideration, which is where common sense should come in to fill in the blank.
ok, so me and my freind want to use beypointers together. i have one but he dosent and he is gonna get
one. if he gets the korean version can i exchange points with my japanese one?
Are you guys POSITIVE that the launcher extension can work on a hasbro launcher grip? cause i see pics and video and the bottom looks different.
What is the tournament standard stadium these days? Do people use Japanese ones still or is it Hasbro only?
(Sep. 18, 2011  6:15 PM)Benkei Wrote: What is the tournament standard stadium these days? Do people use Japanese ones still or is it Hasbro only?

Takara Tomy/Sonokong BB-10 Attack-type Stadium.

Only Hasbro functions allow Hasbro Stadiums.
(Sep. 18, 2011  5:11 PM)the shaman king Wrote: ok, so me and my freind want to use beypointers together. i have one but he dosent and he is gonna get
one. if he gets the korean version can i exchange points with my japanese one?

No, Korean and Japanese Beypointers do not work together for some reason.
(Sep. 18, 2011  2:52 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Yes it is quite rare, the takara staduim is the rarest,(lighish blue) then the toy shop one then the hasbro one (dark blue.)
Have no idea what the desert shinxer / bakushin OH thing was about though.

Desert Sphinxer is a very rare beyblade released by coro-coro as a booster..i would sya it is the rarest plastics if recolors are not counted..(i mean as a beyblade stand alone)
not so sure about Bakushin OH..but it is pretty rare..very rare too nowadays....
EDIT: ohh..misunderstood then..XD Thanks Max Tate..
Poseidon meant that it was off-topic.
Did Metal Fusion beys like Earth Eagle, Dark Bull, Dark Gasher, etc, ever get re-released in Metal Masters packaging?
MM just got here and besides Galaxy Pegasus, Ray Striker and Thermal Lacerta, there were also some Earth Virgo, Thermal Pisces, Rock Aries, Burn Fireblaze and Cyber Pegasus.
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:30 PM)KoD PT Wrote: Did Metal Fusion beys like Earth Eagle, Dark Bull, Dark Gasher, etc, ever get re-released in Metal Masters packaging?
MM just got here and besides Galaxy Pegasus, Ray Striker and Thermal Lacerta, there were also some Earth Virgo, Thermal Pisces, Rock Aries, Burn Fireblaze and Cyber Pegasus.

I think Earth "Eagle" indeed got released in Metal Masters packaging, but not really Dark Bull or any other like that.
No, none of the beyblades you listed were re-released in Metal Masters packaging.
(Sep. 18, 2011  5:55 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Are you guys POSITIVE that the launcher extension can work on a hasbro launcher grip? cause i see pics and video and the bottom looks different.
Yes it works.