Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 11, 2017  12:33 AM)mj9 Wrote: 1. Yes you can use your metal fusion beys in MFB standard, legal and zero g formats
2. Yes you can customise your beys however with Burst Hasbro and takara layers and drivers are incompatible with each other due to the different burst mechanism
3. Yes MFB limited has a ban list and in zerog f230 paired with the tips cf or gcf are illegal

I don't understand the abbreviations in # 3
(Feb. 05, 2017  7:33 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I have taken the pin and prongs out of one of my Hasbro launchers so I can clip it on the end (as per daul launch) of one of my others so I can use it as a grip (I've cut/shaved the teeth out of the gear so it can still hold the ripcord in place much nicer) but I was wondering if this would be tournament legal? As technically, the only modification it has to it is having less parts (mainly so I can grip the second launcher w/o having to worry about catching its prongs). Really wanna know if there's any point in continuing my launch training with it set up like that..

In Limited Format. There are some parts banned to use (see banlist here https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Lim...-5-9-20-16) while in Zero-G format F230 + GCF/CF Track/Tip setup is banned
(Feb. 11, 2017  2:07 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: In Limited Format. There are some parts banned to use (see banlist here https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Lim...-5-9-20-16) while in Zero-G format F230 + GCF/CF Track/Tip setup is banned

So this would mean that as long as I don't tamper with the SuperGrip launcher, having pulled apart a blue launcher to clip on the end is completely legal?
I only ask because I can't find anything recent, but is there a currently active team in Australia?
(Feb. 11, 2017  4:48 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I only ask because I can't find anything recent, but is there a currently active team in Australia?

Nope the Australia community is basically dead
(Feb. 10, 2017  10:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Some who have ordered them have not received them yet, so apparently distribution is still ongoing, but it is taking a damn long while...

Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine and the ones we ordered for the WBO ...
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:54 AM)mj9 Wrote: Nope the Australia community is basically dead

='( ..we should try to get it up and running if possible
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:54 AM)mj9 Wrote: Nope the Australia community is basically dead

With that attitude, it might remain that way! I really hope you guys can organize something soon, especially now with Burst having launched in Australia. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.
How do you guys make these cool carp HD gifs from anime and put them under your post?
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:39 PM)Limetka Wrote: How do you guys make these cool carp HD gifs from anime and put them under your post?

1.Upload the GIF to imgur.com
2. Copy the link
3. Go to your User Control Panel
4. Click on "Change Signature"
5. Paste the link within [img][/img] tags
    [img](LINK)[/img]

Hope this helps! Smile
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:45 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: 1.Upload the GIF to imgur.com
2. Copy the link
3. Go to your User Control Panel
4. Click on "Change Signature"
5. Paste the link within  tags
    [img](LINK)[/img]

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks a lot but where can I find the anime in HD? It's all very bad quality online.
How do u guys decide the world bladers rankings?
(Feb. 11, 2017  8:10 PM)Space Pirate Wrote: How do u guys decide the world bladers rankings?

We process all matches held at our approved tournaments and the algorithm the Beypoint System uses calculates how good your opponent was and whetherit was easy to win against them or not.
(Feb. 11, 2017  7:29 PM)Limetka Wrote: Thanks a lot but where can I find the anime in HD? It's all very bad quality online.

Hm, try gogoanime.net! Smile
How the unite performence tip specility is??
(Feb. 12, 2017  5:59 AM)Sa m Wrote: How the unite performence tip specility is??

It has some use as a Ko defense tip however since Ko attack is so rare it is virtually useless
Umm how much would a dranzer s burst cost? I missed the chance to get one
(Feb. 11, 2017  4:48 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I only ask because I can't find anything recent, but is there a currently active team in Australia?

I haven't been in Melbourne for a few months there's otherwise a good number of peeps there. Enough for a tournament, sure, but we struggle to sync our timetables because we all live such weirdly varied lives. We're all adults with jobs and commitments and some of us don't even live in Melbourne. I still call us a community though - and we've had a few meetups this past year.

From what I've been told face-to-face, most of the Aussie crowd subscribe (with email alerts) to threads in the Australia forum and they only ever visit the WBO to reply to those few threads. So if you're looking for Australians, you really need to hit up those threads. Not sure how the forum update will have affected that system though...
(Feb. 12, 2017  8:36 AM)luckybak1234 Wrote: Umm how much would a dranzer s burst cost? I missed the chance to get one

You can find some for around 2000-3000 yen including shipping on yja
(Feb. 12, 2017  8:42 AM)Beylon Wrote: I haven't been in Melbourne for a few months there's otherwise a good number of peeps there. Enough for a tournament, sure, but we struggle to sync our timetables because we all live such weirdly varied lives. We're all adults with jobs and commitments and some of us don't even live in Melbourne. I still call us a community though - and we've had a few meetups this past year.

From what I've been told face-to-face, most of the Aussie crowd subscribe (with email alerts) to threads in the Australia forum and they only ever visit the WBO to reply to those few threads. So if you're looking for Australians, you really need to hit up those threads. Not sure how the forum update will have affected that system though...

I'm not sure but I have posted on the Australian thread a week or so ago and I never really got a response. That's why I've ended up here. I would like to possibly organise something properly but so far it seems I'm the only one with the ideas I have
(Feb. 12, 2017  10:40 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I'm not sure but I have posted on the Australian thread a week or so ago and I never really got a response. That's why I've ended up here. I would like to possibly organise something properly but so far it seems I'm the only one with the ideas I have

Trust me you're not the only one the problem isn't that no one is willing to try the problem is there isn't enough people on these forums we just have to hope the Aussie buyers end up on these forums one way or another
(Feb. 12, 2017  10:48 AM)mj9 Wrote: Trust me you're not the only one the problem isn't that no one is willing to try the problem is there isn't enough people on these forums we just have to hope the Aussie buyers end up on these forums one way or another

But that's what I'm talking about...everybody's 'hoping' for them to come together, whereas I'm trying to bring them together.
(Feb. 12, 2017  10:40 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I'm not sure but I have posted on the Australian thread a week or so ago and I never really got a response. That's why I've ended up here. I would like to possibly organise something properly but so far it seems I'm the only one with the ideas I have

Oooh yeah, you're from Adelaide. My bad, I forgot. And yeah, that explains it.

It should really be obvious that Australians are limited by severe under-population per hectare. You can't just jump on the internet and expect to run into the guy next door. Particularly with such a niche hobby. The groundwork must be done in real life. Oddly enough, I have noticed that the Sydney crew is the worst of all for this. There is always somebody wanting tournaments in Sydney - and despite access to all those hundreds of thousands of neighbours, they appeal for players on the internet alone. Fail. But Sydney is also very large and widespread - so a city like Melbourne (where it is considered normal that the city centre is the hub of activity, rather than some lesser suburb, like Strathfield) seems more conducive of people meeting at a central location. Damn, I mean, I've met teenagers from Sydney who've only been to the city once or twice in their whole lives. I don't really know how Adelaide works but my impression is that a significant portion of the population is spread out from the city in surrounding areas, like the hills. Chances of finding one of those guys on the internet? Basically zero, and increased only marginally by the possibility they've found this website.

Hit the streets, form a beyblade gang, drum up trouble, blade in a restricted zone and get arrested, play the police for your bail, tell the story to the next random girl you find, get arrested again. By which time, you'll probably have enough followers to host a tournament.

EDIT: yeah, I wasn't planning on posting that last part but now it's there, I'll leave it.
(Feb. 12, 2017  11:08 AM)Beylon Wrote: Oooh yeah, you're from Adelaide. My bad, I forgot. And yeah, that explains it.

It should really be obvious that Australians are limited by severe under-population per hectare. You can't just jump on the internet and expect to run into the guy next door. Particularly with such a niche hobby. The groundwork must be done in real life. Oddly enough, I have noticed that the Sydney crew is the worst of all for this. There is always somebody wanting tournaments in Sydney - and despite access to all those hundreds of thousands of neighbours, they appeal for players on the internet alone. Fail. But Sydney is also very large and widespread - so a city like Melbourne (where it is considered normal that the city centre is the hub of activity, rather than some lesser suburb, like Strathfield) seems more conducive of people meeting at a central location. Damn, I mean, I've met teenagers from Sydney who've only been to the city once or twice in their whole lives. I don't really know how Adelaide works but my impression is that a significant portion of the population is spread out from the city in surrounding areas, like the hills. Chances of finding one of those guys on the internet? Basically zero, and increased only marginally by the possibility they've found this website.

Hit the streets, form a beyblade gang, drum up trouble, blade in a restricted zone and get arrested, play the police for your bail, tell the story to the next random girl you find, get arrested again. By which time, you'll probably have enough followers to host a tournament.

EDIT: yeah, I wasn't planning on posting that last part but now it's there, I'll leave it.

(Haha I love that last part.. I actually wonder if cops would go for that haha?)
Yea and for those reasons I'm going around to the stores and asking around about trying to be able to get public awareness about the community, as well as try to start up like a training camp sort of thing for youngsters to teach them the ropes of the competitive scene. But its still very early days...