Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 08, 2017  1:11 AM)DECEPTICON Wrote: Someone Explain to me the concept of types within types.
Example, mobile defense, burst attack
What are they all in burst and what do they mean?

Someone else can provide an exhaustive list, but I think those two types you mentioned are rather self-explanatory and, globally, the sub-type labels make sense. For instance, Mobile Defense is Defensive types with Defensive Layers that are paired with a tip that makes the Beyblade move around the stadium, evading hits rather than staying idle in the centre of the stadium. As for Burst Attack, it is a type of Beyblade that performs great at bursting opponents but really not so much at traditional attacks which consist of knocking them out of the stadium. Likewise, Burst Defense is the category of Beyblades that are better equipped at resisting being burst while traditional Defense is absorbing hits to avoid getting knocked out.

(Feb. 08, 2017  1:17 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: What is the best driver for defense, both for mobile and stationary?
Why does the defense driver work so well with layers like O, D, and D2, even more so than revolve?
Why is D2 so hard to burst, is it because of the shape or the teeth, or both?

Well Defense does seem to fit that hah. Orbit is great, but it does not hold its grounds enough sometimes. 

It may be the low centre of gravity and, probably, the increased weight. I tried Odin Spread Trans as a counter to Lost Longinus Gravity Hold and it seemed to be a great combination but it did not seem to do that well with Deathscyther, the harmony was really not the same. 

Definitely all of those reasons. That shape is almost exclusively circular and there are so few holes in that barrier to even randomly try to hit...
when conducting tests with L2, are the tests still valid since L2 can only be launched with its string launcher which is weaker, than the current strongest sword launcher.

when doing test with L2 not including spin stealing, i think that because i use a string launcher for L2, whilst using a sword launcher for the other beyblade, the results are somewhat unreliable, and unfair. the weight of L2 should be a factor in it's attack potential, but even then it is only average, is it because it is an average attack layer, or is it because of the weak string launcher.
Oh, I doubt anybody actually uses the Sword Launcher for tests. It is really not comfortable to "reload it", since you have to look down and make sure that you are really inserting the winder in the correct position and that the handle does not stupidly fall off... Overall the BeyLauncher, which retracts automatically, is the best option for quick launches.
The tests are still "valid" because the left BeyLauncher is literally the only way of launching L2 right now.

(Feb. 07, 2017  6:07 PM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote: Are custom painted Layers, Launchers, and Grips allowed for tournament use?

(Feb. 07, 2017  6:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes.

Actually, the answer for Layers specifically is "no" right now:

WBO Burst Format Rulebook Wrote:Foreign Substances: Beyblade parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way. Bladers who intentionally modify the performance of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events.

WBO Burst Format Rulebook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kg58...sp=sharing
Oversight on my part, I thought he was talking only about Launchers and Launcher Grip equipment.
(Feb. 08, 2017  5:14 AM)Kei Wrote: The tests are still "valid" because the left BeyLauncher is literally the only way of launching L2 right now.

WBO Burst Format Rulebook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kg58...sp=sharing

Thanks for the clarification. I only plan on painting one bey and that'd be Dragoon, and I'll probably only use it in YouTube videos anyway.
(Feb. 08, 2017  6:44 AM)Aryan Bhargava Wrote: I need a battle

Not really a question but check YouTube.
is heavy more compact than gravity?
I recently got a roktavor and nepstrius two pack and noticed nepstrius...kind of stinks, it is so burst happy and when I jiggle the energy layer I swear I hear a rattle...is it defective or something?
(Feb. 08, 2017  8:16 PM)Clonetos Wrote: I recently got a roktavor and nepstrius two pack and noticed nepstrius...kind of stinks, it is so burst happy and when I jiggle the energy layer I swear I hear a rattle...is it defective or something?

Everyone is saying that Nepstrius is terrible and bursts very easily, so it does not sound like a defect.
(Feb. 08, 2017  8:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Everyone is saying that Nepstrius is terrible and bursts very easily, so it does not sound like a defect.

Shame, still looks nice though, love the colors
(Feb. 08, 2017  6:45 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: is heavy more compact than gravity?

In a way, yes. The four weights are where most of heavy's weight is concentrated while gravitys weight is more evenly divided.
(Feb. 09, 2017  7:13 PM)Aronno Wrote: Is L2 worth buying?

Absolutely. Not necessarily for its Disc or Driver, but the left-spinning Dual Layer is essential, it is top-tier and it is extremely versatile even in one combination.
(Feb. 09, 2017  7:13 PM)Aronno Wrote: Is L2 worth buying?

Yh it actually seems quite competitive against the mainstream layers I guess.
Has Anyone else found an issue with the Non-Dual layer hasbro beys? In the slot where they attatch to the launcher the plastic is white and stressed and makes it so that it doesn't launch all the time, It happened with my Doomsyczer and Nepstrius Layers in the same place,
Since this is my first time having a Burst Beyblade, I'm wondering... what are the differently colored star stickers for? Are they for marking your parts so you don't mix them up with your opponent's after a burst?
(Feb. 09, 2017  8:57 PM)Homax Wrote: Since this is my first time having a Burst Beyblade, I'm wondering... what are the differently colored star stickers for? Are they for marking your parts so you don't mix them up with your opponent's after a burst?

Yes.
(Feb. 09, 2017  8:57 PM)Homax Wrote: Since this is my first time having a Burst Beyblade, I'm wondering... what are the differently colored star stickers for? Are they for marking your parts so you don't mix them up with your opponent's after a burst?

Correct

Exactly. There are specific places where you can apply them on each piece. It says where on the instruction sheet.
How good my Revolve Driver is? Is it bad or good mold?

https://youtu.be/rJH-B0fZ15g
(Feb. 09, 2017  9:32 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: How good my Revolve Driver is? Is it bad or good mold?

https://youtu.be/rJH-B0fZ15g

I am not sure it is as bad as mine, but it does not spin as much as the best variants of Revolve I have seen before.
(Feb. 08, 2017  5:14 AM)Kei Wrote: The tests are still "valid" because the left BeyLauncher is literally the only way of launching L2 right now.

What about Discs?

Discs especially become tighter in Beyblade customizations if they are painted, so no, only use those that TAKARA-TOMY releases officially, it is better that way.