Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Apr. 22, 2016  8:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2016  7:45 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: what is the best pure defense bottom?

Probably something like RS, no?
oh, i thought it would be RB, Or RDF, since RS isn't on the competitive list.

which is better between RDF and RB?

also is RDF supposed to be aggressive? mine seems to be quite aggressive, if i launch it normally, it just spirals out of control, and then self KO's through the exists.
Hey guys, I was looking on youtube for the version of Go ahead where Takao says ''Go Dragoon!'' I thought I remember coming across it, or maybe I was just imagining it. If anyone can link me, it would be much appreciated too. Since I already checked, just couldn't seem to find it. Thanks!
(Apr. 22, 2016  9:49 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: oh, i thought it would be RB, Or RDF, since RS isn't on the competitive list.

also is RDF supposed to be aggressive? mine seems to be quite aggressive, if i launch it normally, it just spirals out of control, and then self KO's through the exists.

I somewhat forgot about RB; that should be better for sure.

RDF is supposed to be both mobile and immobile.
(Apr. 22, 2016  9:49 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2016  8:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2016  7:45 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: what is the best pure defense bottom?

Probably something like RS, no?
oh, i thought it would be RB, Or RDF, since RS isn't on the competitive list.

The best defense tip depends on what you're trying to build. And I think the current competitive list is slightly misleading since rs is one of the best pure defense tips available due to its height and passive movement at near mint condition and it's extremely low stature for ltdc when extremely worn down. It's completely different from rdf. Every tip is equally good for defense. Even cs.

Rdf is better for spin equalization.
While Rb is better for mobile defense.

If your rdf is doing that then it might be too worn. Either that or you need to bank it, since sometimes launching straight causes it to scrape the outer plastic part.
(Apr. 22, 2016  10:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2016  9:49 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: oh, i thought it would be RB, Or RDF, since RS isn't on the competitive list.

If I'm not wrong. RS and RF has highest defence of any tip [more then RDF and RB]. I think it's not on top-tier list as it can get unbalanced easily

RB has lower defence then RSF due to it's shape. It's easy push out of tornado ridge (RSF > RDF and RS) but it has most stamina of any rubber tip (in stamina. CS > RB)

I like RF as defence too (it's extremely hard to KO and it can dodge attacks too)

(Apr. 22, 2016  10:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

If I'm not wrong. RS and RF has highest defence of any tip [more then RDF and RB]. I think it's not on top-tier list as it can get unbalanced easily

RB has lower defence then RSF due to it's shape. It's easy push out of tornado ridge (RSF > RDF and RS) but it has most stamina of any rubber tip (in stamina. CS > RB)

I like RF as defence too (it's extremely hard to KO and it can dodge attacks too)
For Defense, it's probably something like RF > RS > RDF > RSF > RB > CS, with RS/RDF being at about the same tier and RSF/RB being about the same tier.

IMO, it's rather subjective for most of the middle ones, because they each have their own pros and cons. RB is grippier than RSF, but skips the Tornado Ridge more easily, and RDF has much better balance/LAD than RS, but is more likely to go suicidally aggressive when worn out or hit hard. CS is definitely at the bottom, because it tends to slip along on the plastic part until the rubber catches, but it's got the best Stamina out of all of the tips. RF is kind of difficult to categorize because of its much more mobile nature, but it's probably the strongest.
RF on top of everything? Not only do I doubt it, but I am quite sure NEET no Kami asked for pure Defense Bottoms.

'Blader Soul Wrote:Hey guys, I was looking on youtube for the version of Go ahead where Takao says ''Go Dragoon!'' I thought I remember coming across it, or maybe I was just imagining it. If anyone can link me, it would be much appreciated too. Since I already checked, just couldn't seem to find it. Thanks!

@[Blader Soul] Any full version of the song indeed has "Ikke Doragun!" in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKlPkLKiHDg
(Apr. 23, 2016  1:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: RF on top of everything? Not only do I doubt it, but I am quite sure NEET no Kami asked for pure Defense Bottoms.

RF Mobile Defense outclasses the other more passive Defense tips against Attack, but part of that is probably because of its movement, and not necessarily because of raw power. For all practical purposes, it's the best, but I suppose that where it stands depends on your definition of "pure Defense".
Ohhh, I thought it was also in the short opening, thanks Kai-V. Smile
(Apr. 23, 2016  2:07 AM)Crusty Cake Wrote: RF Mobile Defense outclasses the other more passive Defense tips against Attack, but part of that is probably because of its movement, and not necessarily because of raw power. For all practical purposes, it's the best, but I suppose that where it stands depends on your definition of "pure Defense".

I guess sorta off topic for thread sorry... but...

While I do agree that RF defense has better defense than traditional defense, I think the hardest part to overcome for me is the fact that RF defense, if launched well, has enough movement, weight, and speed to give it the ability to force smash out most stamina types even though they aren't designed to due to the heavy recoil of metal on metal contact. This puts them more into balance.

In fact, when you think about destabilizer e230mb combos, they are balance types yet have more stamina to OS most other stamina combos but they aren't considered pure stamina types. Right?

I guess in a way... I can see it both ways...
(Apr. 23, 2016  6:48 AM)juncction Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2016  2:07 AM)Crusty Cake Wrote: RF Mobile Defense outclasses the other more passive Defense tips against Attack, but part of that is probably because of its movement, and not necessarily because of raw power. For all practical purposes, it's the best, but I suppose that where it stands depends on your definition of "pure Defense".

I guess sorta off topic for thread sorry... but...

While I do agree that RF defense has better defense than traditional defense, I think the hardest part to overcome for me is the fact that RF defense, if launched well, has enough movement, weight, and speed to give it the ability to force smash out most stamina types even though they aren't designed to due to the heavy recoil of metal on metal contact. This puts them more into balance.

In fact, when you think about destabilizer e230mb combos, they are balance types yet have more stamina to OS most other stamina combos but they aren't considered pure stamina types. Right?

I guess in a way... I can see it both ways...

It was hard to believe for me when i heard RF is defence tip for first time, but as i keep testing [and using] it's no surprise for me now

bladers in my area says. 'Mobile Defence are defence types which doges attack types and os them only but can't take direct hits'. I know many are much more experienced then me but i really don't think that's true, from my experience, even after direct hits RF is quite a lot harder to ko then RDF

@[juncction]. if I'm not wrong. i agree E230MB destabilizer are more like stamina types but they really don't have as much stamina as something like Phantom/Duo/Death Cygnus BGrin/W145EWD [close], i mean if there opponent won't make much contact, then they can OS them [Tornado Stallers]. I was able to OS them easily with Blaro BD145MF [10-0] with stall.

also E230 has more defence then normal stamina type. so they are stamina/defence hybrid.

also RF defence mostly don't counter attack types like anti-attack and can't KO anything so they are still pure defence
It actually seems logical to include RF Defense under Balance, but I'm not really sure it's the right thing to do. After testing in the past, I knew that Genbull BD145RF was able to almost consistently knockout Dragooon Stamina and I'm pretty Dragon had the same experience, but it also wasn't able to consistently knock out right-spin stamina or Duo at the least.

I have very limited experience with E230MB combos in the BB-10 but no way do I think they should be up for pure stamina; E230MB combos will almost never out-spin opposite spin stamina combos; they will only really do this against stamina combos of the same spin direction. If you're using something like Girago Girago E230MB, you're going to destabilize right-spin stamina and also have passable defense; no where near as good as a pure defense types', but really not so bad either.
Is a Central Accel Ragnarok booster and a Spriggan Wing Claw worth investing in for me and my girlfriend as a introduction into the Burst series? if not what beys would you recomend to us?

Also I have played some mfb around 2012 so I already have a attack stadium for us to play in.
(Apr. 23, 2016  1:49 PM)Mitsu Wrote: It actually seems logical to include RF Defense under Balance, but I'm not really sure it's the right thing to do. After testing in the past, I knew that Genbull BD145RF was able to almost consistently knockout Dragooon Stamina and I'm pretty Dragon had the same experience, but it also wasn't able to consistently knock out right-spin stamina or Duo at the least.

I have very limited experience with E230MB combos in the BB-10 but no way do I think they should be up for pure stamina; E230MB combos will almost never out-spin opposite spin stamina combos; they will only really do this against stamina combos of the same spin direction. If you're using something like Girago Girago E230MB, you're going to destabilize right-spin stamina and also have passable defense; no where near as good as a pure defense types', but really not so bad either.

The thing is, Defense types are not supposed to knock out anything. By definition, that is not what they do. That is why I do not think RF should be the answer to what the best pure Defense Bottom is. And Stamina is supposed to win over Defense, not get knocked out by it.

(Apr. 23, 2016  2:57 PM)Mello Meister Wrote: Is a Central Accel Ragnarok booster and a Spriggan Wing Claw worth investing in for me and my girlfriend as a introduction into the Burst series? if not what beys would you recomend to us?

Also I have played some mfb around 2012 so I already have a attack stadium for us to play in.

Hm, if you have access to Random Booster Beyblades, there are definitely better options such as any that has Deathscyther or Wyvern, as well as the Heavy or Gravity Disk. If you just want to introduce yourselves to Burst and not be too competitive, those two or any other are good, but they are not really worth purchasing.

In the future, you should ask this type of question in the Purchase Consultation thread in the Bey Marketplace forum.
(Apr. 23, 2016  3:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, if you have access to Random Booster Beyblades, there are definitely better options such as any that has Deathscyther or Wyvern, as well as the Heavy or Gravity Disk. If you just want to introduce yourselves to Burst and not be too competitive, those two or any other are good, but they are not really worth purchasing.

In the future, you should ask this type of question in the Purchase Consultation thread in the Bey Marketplace forum.
Sorry I'll keep that in mind for next time when I post. In regards to the question I will look into boosters and work from there, thanks.
(Apr. 23, 2016  4:25 PM)Mello Meister Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2016  3:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, if you have access to Random Booster Beyblades, there are definitely better options such as any that has Deathscyther or Wyvern, as well as the Heavy or Gravity Disk. If you just want to introduce yourselves to Burst and not be too competitive, those two or any other are good, but they are not really worth purchasing.

Sorry I'll keep that in mind for next time when I post. In regards to the question I will look into boosters and work from there, thanks.

No trouble at all, you are still new, it is normal hah. You can also look at this topic for good suggestions: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to...ted-4-5-16
(Apr. 23, 2016  1:49 PM)Mitsu Wrote: It actually seems logical to include RF Defense under Balance, but I'm not really sure it's the right thing to do. After testing in the past, I knew that Genbull BD145RF was able to almost consistently knockout Dragooon Stamina and I'm pretty Dragon had the same experience, but it also wasn't able to consistently knock out right-spin stamina or Duo at the least.

Under this logic, these stamina types in the current list are also not stamina combos because they completely get demolished by opposing spin beyblades and cannot out-spin them.

Quote:Duo
Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) (TH170/230) (TB)
Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) SR200 TB
MF(-M/-H) Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) 230 MB

Genbull
Genbull Genbull (SR200/TH170) TB

I'm not actually saying nor do I actually feel that E230MB should be a stamina combo. I was just trying to use it as an example.

But like I said, I can see it both ways.

On one hand it can technically be a balance combo because it has the capability to defend and to push KO.

On the other hand, I can see it as a defense combo because it does it's job and doesn't always KO.
this just popped into my head... can you put a driver and layer together without a disk? if so, pleaze show me a battle with them someone!
(Apr. 24, 2016  12:41 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: this just popped into my head... can you put a driver and layer together without a disk? if so, pleaze show me a battle with them someone!

No you cannot, because the Layer does not have enough weight to push down on the Driver's spring by itself, and you cannot attach a launcher's prongs to a Beyblade if the Disk is not positioned properly.
(Apr. 24, 2016  12:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2016  12:41 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: this just popped into my head... can you put a driver and layer together without a disk? if so, pleaze show me a battle with them someone!

No you cannot, because the Layer does not have enough weight to push down on the Driver's spring by itself, and you cannot attach a launcher's prongs to a Beyblade if the Disk is not positioned properly.

It is actually possible to both assemble and launch a Beyblade without the Disk. The battles are underwhelming because the resulting Beyblade is incredibly light, so it stops almost immediately Tongue_out
Oh damn, I just tried it, but the clicks I heard made it sound like I was breaking the mechanism inside my Driver... It is definitely not normal for the Layer's inner ring to fit so deeply within the Driver...
Yeah if you twist the layer clockwise hard enough, it does actually pop out again as there's no Disk tabs to stop it.
what is the physical difference between the orange and brown F230
i know the orange one performs better, but there has got to be a reason.
there's got to be some physical difference between the two.
(Apr. 25, 2016  2:12 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: what is the physical difference between the orange and brown F230
i know the orange one performs better, but there has got to be a reason.
there's got to be some physical difference between the two.

Something in the internal mechanisms, or the size of the pieces. Honestly it is not discernible by sight.
(Apr. 24, 2016  1:52 AM)Crusty Cake Wrote: It is actually possible to both assemble and launch a Beyblade without the Disk. The battles are underwhelming because the resulting Beyblade is incredibly light, so it stops almost immediately Tongue_out

Thanks! that question was so bugging me at the back of my mind for some reason.