Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Just noticed the answers to what should be an obvious question...
(Jun. 27, 2013  6:09 AM)AZL Wrote: Tell me if I'm annoying. What creates more recoil, plastic or metal?

(Jun. 27, 2013  7:24 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Technically plastic, I could go into it scientifically, but yeah, plastic

Uh no? Plastic has greater elasticity and deforms more, which expends a lot of energy from impacts, whereas with metal most of the impact gets transferred. This deformation (even temporary and to the point it's invisible) is similar to crumple zones in cars.

But that aside, I thought this was obvious - it's why we keep CW's out of the way of Metal Wheels for attack types, why BD145 is so good defensively (yet the similarly round Duo still bounces off things a lot more), part of why HMS attack is so strong, why track attack doesn't work as well as MW attack, why Upper Attack doesn't happen in MFB (and a lot of HMS is Upward Smash rather than straight upper attack, but they are also lighter and better designed for it than MFB) and so on. Not to mention the entire theory behind WD attack in plastics (sadly, there's another part to it - contact points, and there isn't a single weight disk with decent contact points in plastics). The only reason we use metal weight disks as contact points for zombies in plastics is because they are circles, whereas all AR's have notches that can be hit (though Twin Horn (Takara) in left spin is quite good, its round, plastic edges part of why it is the best Zombie AR in plastics - it does a better job than a plain weight disk does, generally speaking).

tl;dr plastic has lower recoil assuming everything else is kept the same.

(Jun. 27, 2013  3:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: However metal is heavier, so technically if plastic has a certain amount of recoil, it would be easy to see flown back, no ?

For the purpose of the question I assume we mean for the same weight/what we generally see in beyblades (which is that plastics cushions hits more). Yes the weight of metal helps a lot but in beyblade you don't really get a choice between a metal part and a plastic part of the same shape for the same spot that is a contact point.
(Jun. 29, 2013  5:03 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: I think that question has already been answered, since it was posted 2 YEARS AGO! Lol, but the attack type tracks like lw105 and stuff dont meet the requirements of centrifical force and other physics, thats y there used instead.
wut

Not only is LW105 a bad example of an attack Track, but also I have no idea what "the requirements of centrifical force and other physics" are. Do you mean that the "downforce" effect doesn't work?
Do you need an email address to register?
Yes, you do need an email to register.
(Jun. 30, 2013  1:27 AM)Cake Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2013  5:03 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: I think that question has already been answered, since it was posted 2 YEARS AGO! Lol, but the attack type tracks like lw105 and stuff dont meet the requirements of centrifical force and other physics, thats y there used instead.
wut

Not only is LW105 a bad example of an attack Track, but also I have no idea what "the requirements of centrifical force and other physics" are. Do you mean that the "downforce" effect doesn't work?

not really like, when he was referring to an attack track that's what he was implying to like with the tracks hat comewith galaxy pegasus and meteo l drago, those are considered attack tracks becuase of there shape and how they perform, and i was talking about most attack types need a strong and heavy base to keep them from going out of the stadium and delivering enough weight to send it out of the stadium.
(Jun. 30, 2013  1:48 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Yes, you do need an email to register.

Darn my friend is gonna register sometime in August and she wanted to know because she doesn't have oneUnhappy Thanks by the waySmile
Does anybody here have a mint Hasbro EWD? If so, can you post a picture of it clearly showing the sharpness of the tip? Thanks!
What does Duo do best at? I know it has good Defense, Stamina, LAD, and anti spin steal so what is it best at?

I was playing around with the Hasbro duo 230MB and I was wondering what clear wheel would be best for that combo.

In my dark helm fx beystadium tips like W²D, EDS, and RDF scrape does that happen in BB10 or the zero g attack type stadium.
(Jun. 30, 2013  1:43 PM)nupmuk Wrote: What does Duo do best at? I know it has good Defense, Stamina, LAD, and anti spin steal so what is it best at?

I was playing around with the Hasbro duo 230MB and I was wondering what clear wheel would be best for that combo.

In my dark helm fx beystadium tips like W²D, EDS, and RDF scrape does that happen in BB10 or the zero g attack type stadium.

We have an article for Duo Uranus 230WD on Beywiki, which you should read :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...anus_230WD

EDS might scrape, but you are definitely not using a proper stadium anyway.
I never saw the series beyblade g revolution or beyblade v force?
What would be a good bey for me to buy from these series? So far I looked at Driger G but that's about it
(Jun. 30, 2013  3:09 PM)ryukiba Wrote: I never saw the series beyblade g revolution or beyblade v force?
What would be a good bey for me to buy from these series? So far I looked at Driger G but that's about it

We have a Plastics Q&A, ask there.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...ere-No-HMS
Can tournament organizers participate in their own tournament ??
Yes, they can.
This topic is only for questions about the Beyblades themselves though, so the previous two posts belong in the Questions about the WBO thread, not here.
(Jun. 30, 2013  2:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Does anybody here have a mint Hasbro EWD? If so, can you post a picture of it clearly showing the sharpness of the tip? Thanks!

This is from an old set I posted for Beywiki. Focus is not on the Bottom, but I find it clear enough to see the shape of the tip. (Click to View)

Otherwise, there's this, though it may have lost some of it's sharpness. (Click to View)

Anything better will have to come from someone else, if any.
Broken where? In the bearing?
(Jun. 30, 2013  3:18 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2013  3:09 PM)ryukiba Wrote: I never saw the series beyblade g revolution or beyblade v force?

We have a Plastics Q&A, ask there.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...ere-No-HMS

Sorry I forgot about that thread._.'
(Jun. 30, 2013  8:39 PM)DarkExcalibur01 Wrote: how can you fix a broken BGrin

If it's broken, it's illegal. There's no WBO-legal way of fixing broken parts.
Is Archer Gryph worth getting?
Go to the purchase consultation in the bey marketplace.
Its only worth it if you cant get a msf-h or a msf-c or if you cant buy 2 of them or the synchrom dx set which has another gryph in it, but youll have to buy both the bey and the set for gryph to be good.
Ok so if I can't get 2 Gryphs it's not worth getting?
I read about chrome wheels and metal wheels getting worn. Just how many battles do they approximately last?
Also do wheels like Blitz get worn down too and lose a bit of their performance?
Nope also not if you cant get a bey with an msf-h.

(Jul. 01, 2013  4:09 AM)Ryzr Wrote: I read about chrome wheels and metal wheels getting worn. Just how many battles do they approximately last?
Also do wheels like Blitz get worn down too and lose a bit of their performance?

I think most wheels last about 4-5 years, or longer but yea wheels like blitz(im assuming the 4d system) yes they. wear too.