Ask a question, get an answer!

Fleetscut Wrote:even if they were the exact same dimensions and possibly weight the way brass would interact with other spinning objects would be different then the type of metal in normal blade components. as well Hasbro and Takara parts are made with a mold so they are all exactly the same to within a very small margin of error. whereas the one you had made would be off from the mould even if you tried to follow the same dimensions and weight

Hahaha, this explanation is thorough but unnecessary. If Takara or Hasbro didn't make it, you can't use it.
gal3on rul3z Wrote:well i have a question. you know there all these "fake" parts around? what if you drew out a circular weight disk with all correct mesurements and took it to a enginier in the place you live with a workshop, and they make it for you out of brass and it fits perfect on your blade and it spin for like nearly 10 mins would that be against the rules?

Not only against the rules, but also record breaking. The world record for length of time a top was kept spinning is something like just over 6 minutes.
Spinster Wrote:
gal3on rul3z Wrote:well i have a question. you know there all these "fake" parts around? what if you drew out a circular weight disk with all correct mesurements and took it to a enginier in the place you live with a workshop, and they make it for you out of brass and it fits perfect on your blade and it spin for like nearly 10 mins would that be against the rules?

Not only against the rules, but also record breaking. The world record for length of time a top was kept spinning is something like just over 6 minutes.

Evidently everyone with a DEMS has come relatively close to breaking a world record.
The world’s heaviest wooden top of traditional
peg shape, spun by only one person using a rope.
(no mechanical methods or supports are used.)
[Image: thewinnerandthemayor05.jpg]
World Top Record Holder Chang Tai-Yuan with Mayor of Dashi, Taiwan
Certified by the Spinning Top & Yo-Yo Museum, Burlington, WI USA

TOP WORLD RECORD HOLDER
Record made on December 5, 2005
in Dashi, Taiwan.
Top weight 60.29 Kg. (132.6 pounds)
Top Spinner/Record Holder: Chang Tai-Yuan
Spin Duration: 39 seconds (meets min. 20 second time required)
Recorded and approved Jan. 7, 2006
Other facts:
Top width 67.8 cm (26.69 inches)
Top Height 69 cm (27.17 inches)
Top's wood: cedar
Rope length: 18.7 meters (61.35 feet)
Weight of Rope: 1.75 kg. (3.86 pounds)
Rope: cotton

This world record was announced on the Tokyo, Japan TV
program Home Stay in the World, Yuki Ota, producer; Jan. 2006.

---------------------

Man, it sucks that the toy is called a "top". I'm finding search engines to be useless in trying to find the record amount of time a top has been kept spinning. There was something that claimed an hour and 47 minutes, but the link was broken and I'm pretty certain it was referring to a gyroscopic top, and not a solid top.

Also, Guinness World Record's page SUCKS.
Spinster Wrote:[Image: thewinnerandthemayor05.jpg]

Look at this picture. Just look it.

Absolutely ridiculous.
I want to see two tops that large battling, please.
we could make some...we could even touch it up a bit. find a large bit of area for em to fight in and use some high powered devices to spin em so we could see some awesome clashes
If I was ever to do cosplay again, I would wear a giant cardboard Beyblade shell and I'd be hidden on the inside. Then I'd pop out of the top dressed as a bit beast.
Haha that top is epic!

And does anyone know if there where any like limited edition Hasbro Beys? I can only recall that Bakushin-Oh from the Bey DVDs.
G Wrote:Haha that top is epic!

And does anyone know if there where any like limited edition Hasbro Beys? I can only recall that Bakushin-Oh from the Bey DVDs.

I think that's it, honestly. LOL Smile
AnnieDuck Wrote:That thing weighs more than I do! D:

AnnieDuck is Defeated by GIANT SPINNING TOP
STORY AT 11:00!!!
LMAO. Someone should totally make two of those and have em battle at BND, just for laughs.
Ichida Wrote:LMAO. Someone should totally make two of those and have em battle at BND, just for laughs.

hey dont tempt me...i just need money...

hell i'd even make the launchers railgun style
i dunno. how much you think it'd cost for a few hyper powered magnets and 2 giant chunks on metal? or maybe i could just get a few thousand feet of wires and make my own magnets. whatevers cost effective
Is there anything useful that I can do with Wolborg 3?
ThePhoenixKing Wrote:Is there anything useful that I can do with Wolborg 3?

I could be mistaken on this, as it's been a long time since I've worked with my plastics, but if I remember correctly, the base can be very useful, as it accomodates various bearing tips.
What would a dranzer S be good for?
Spinster Wrote:
ThePhoenixKing Wrote:Is there anything useful that I can do with Wolborg 3?

I could be mistaken on this, as it's been a long time since I've worked with my plastics, but if I remember correctly, the base can be very useful, as it accomodates various bearing tips.

It's basically Magnet Flat Base in reverse. So, no, there isn't much you can do with it and have it be strong. But there is stuff you can do to change it up, as Spinster suggested.
Yeah the first time I used it I was like "Is it just me or is thing like the right spin version of Dragoon V?" Its to bad that I can't find my Dragoon V2 bb that is a much better choice...
There are a couple engineering differences between the tips used in Dragoon V and Wolborg 03... Dragoon V's is fixed and has a magnet, while Wolborg 03's is "free spin" of a sort... the mechanism is pretty crude, and there's a lot of friction compared to the bearing mechanism in the other Wolborgs. Granted, this is because Wolborg 03 isn't a true successor in the Wolborg line, but the limited "Uriel". Basically, the tip gives ever-so-slightly more endurance than Dragoon V's tip.
So, there really isn't much use unless I use a bearing base in it? I've used Wolborg 1 SG and Shaft, but it really doesn't seem like its all that much better....I guess I'll just look for my Dragoon V2 base that has way more uses.
How do you remove the ez launcher from a customize grip? Mine seems stuck in the dranzer grip..............