[Arizona, USA] anyone?

First: Whats Saboten-Con?
Second: I guess it is kinda freaky that were both based in GoodYear.
Third: Im more based in Waddell at least thats what my little town/area is called.
First: Saboten-Con is an anime convention. They're holding it at a Hilton resort in Glendale this year if I recall correctly. Just asking because well, this is a Beyblade forum and there are associations between the two.
Second/Third: Well, I go to school in Verrado (VHS represent?), but I live south of the I-10. But still, it's generally rare for me to encounter people in AZ threads who are based in the west valley. It's always the east valley.
Yo, reporting from Buckeye.

I'm also willing to meetup during Saboten-con.
i think only one person on this forum is going to Saboten-Con but if your looking for people in az that beyblade join my facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12...ref=search we do have meetup normally ones a week
Well I think it's very nice that you have a Facebook group and all, but wouldn't publicly discussing your plans be a better idea for drumming up AZ hype? If all you do is discuss/arrange events within a closed forum (Facebook), people are less likely to stumble upon information pertaining to your gatherings/tournaments.
hahaha yea man im in yuma no one my age battles here Tired so if anyone is down to battle somewhere near here Grin ummi have 2 stadiumds so if anyone needs touse it ill take it Grin
Ohhh damn Yuma rep? This is what I was afraid of when it comes to AZ regional threads on other forums too; it's usually East Valley guys, a few West Valley guys, and then everyone not based in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.. How's the scene down there? Is it basically just like children or something or do you just blade with your closer friends like I do?
Sadly I only blade with like my friend and his bro along with my bro.
gAHHH i dont know anyone that battles down here its ux
when theres tournments ima be pwning 5 year olds Uncertain hahaha but ive gotten my mom to join my team Grin
I'm not exactly sure how to feel about your mother being a member of your team, but good luck with building scene hype down there nonetheless! I really can't speak for all the other AZ Bladers, but I don't see anything big happening in Yuma as things are going at the moment.

But as for the AZ thread as a whole, I think it's pretty commendable that we are at least able to reach 5 pages while most of the other state/city-based threads that aren't based in the East Coast/Canada don't have nearly as much rep. Sure this was primarily caused by direct discourse between Will and CrabbyBlader, who if I recall correctly just recently arrived in Arizona not too long ago. But while so, we have established our presence, which is by all means a good thing.

But in regards to being able to establish some prominence on the West Coast as far as a Beyblade community goes, we need to at least be able to illustrate some form of competence to the WBO. I understand that Will hosts weekly get-togethers and tourneys at Hero Comics in Phoenix, but I've not been able to attend due to other obligations. But from what I can understand, the AZ community would not be able to host a WBO-Certified event unless we happen to possess a WBO-Certified Beystadium. And from what I can see from reading this thread, none of us do. What I'm thinking is that we could probably pool our efforts and do a group order several BB-10s via Leoshop or Yahoo Auctions Japan or the like, but I'd like top reserve that for a later time, when I can be further personally acquainted with the lot of you.
Honestly we cant host an oficial (sorry for my crappy spelling) WBo event without a Mod or a Commitee member representing the Wbo being there.
(Aug. 06, 2010  9:35 PM)AbhorEvil Wrote: Honestly we cant host an oficial (sorry for my crappy spelling) WBo event without a Mod or a Commitee member representing the Wbo being there.

See Australia. =/
(Aug. 06, 2010  9:39 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: See Australia. =/
So obtaining WBO Certification simply comes from being able to establish a strong, cohesive community and the ability to donate funds to the WBO? Sounds good.

From what I've read, Brad's general strategies with promoting a WBO event generally revolve around using anime conventions as a venue - which in my opinion is a splendid idea; It piques interest and nostalgia among the perfect demographic, ideal for promoting more MFB hype and getting more players. This is why I suggested Saboten-Con earlier - although it seems a bit too late to be able to see if we can obtain programming space somewhere, I'm sure we could make room and cause a scene "unofficially" somewhere. But as it is, we seem to have plenty of Bladers popping up from all over the valley (and state!) so this is always excitinggggg.
As Daegor42 inferred, there cannot be Committee members everywhere, hah. We simply have to trust the tournament organiser, and everything should be fine.
(Aug. 07, 2010  3:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As Daegor42 inferred, there cannot be Committee members everywhere, hah. We simply have to trust the tournament organiser, and everything should be fine.

Implied, actually. I imply, then you infer.
[/nitpick]

But yes, you don't need to be a committee member to host tournaments. Raykon and momiji manju have demonstrated this.

And I suppose by tomorrow, I will have too.
(Aug. 07, 2010  4:02 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Implied, actually. I imply, then you infer.
[/nitpick]
Ah, I thought I had figured the right definition by just understanding the concept with previous instances ... Too bad, hah.

Somebody in the United States really needs to organise an event before the end of summer ...
(Aug. 07, 2010  4:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Somebody in the United States really needs to organise an event before the end of summer ...

What with school starting for many members of the AZ Beyblade community, (as small as we are now, at the moment) and the lack of any proper Beystadiums within our possession, I can't see a US WBO tourney being proposed in AZ any time soon. It looks like those Diamond Faces are going to the guys in DC.

Daegor42, good luck with Bey Fray!
(Aug. 07, 2010  4:47 AM)RTP49 Wrote: It looks like those Diamond Faces are going to the guys in DC.
Technically September 25th is after summer ...
(Aug. 07, 2010  5:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2010  4:47 AM)RTP49 Wrote: It looks like those Diamond Faces are going to the guys in DC.
Technically September 25th is after summer ...
Even if it is "technically" after summer, it'll still feel like summer here in AZ! 40+°C weather all day every day unnnnghhh
im going to be buying a beyblade stadium from ebay tomorrow its the one that alot of the well know bladers on youtube use

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Fight-BeyBlade...ltDomain_0
Since you're going for the BB-46, I suppose I'll have to look into BB-10s. I sent in an order for a shipping quote on Leoshop a few days ago, but I haven't gotten the response email. At this point I suppose this means I have to use YJA. Greattttt.
um.. i kinda live in glendale... i wanna try to test out my defense c: im tryin to perfect the perfect launch for my blade c:, i have about...like 10 i think metal fusions c: pegasis,leone,bull,saggitario,cancer,libra etc :c
yay o3o when i get some free time off my school, ill try to meet up and play :c