Are you an organ donor?

Poll: Are you signed up to be an organ donor upon your death?

Yes
35.90%
No
43.59%
I'm ineligible
12.82%
My religion forbids it
7.69%
Total: 100% 39 vote(s)
Tamer Brad Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:I'm a carp jerk. Why? Like Roan, I just haven't really put any thought into this.
Never donated blood either.

It's not hard. You just have to authorize it. There's no excuse for not being an organ donor. :\

Maybe the guy drinks in excessive amounts like me..? Possibly..?
Teikger Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:I'm a carp jerk. Why? Like Roan, I just haven't really put any thought into this.

It's not hard. You just have to authorize it. There's no excuse for not being an organ donor. :\

I'm pretty sure that doesn't prohibit you from donating all of your organs. Ask your doctor.
I've never thought about it before, but I will make sure to leave a slip of paper in my purse as I don't have a problem with it. Smile
Alice Wrote:I've never thought about it before, but I will make sure to leave a slip of paper in my purse as I don't have a problem with it. Smile

Good. This is something we have an obligation to do as responsible human beings.
Also, I changed the option simply to "no" so nobody feels guilted. Lips_sealed
Teikger Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

if you drink excessively you'd only destroy your liver. the rest of em should be fine for donation
Did anyone ever see Turistas?

Lackluster movie

In any case, I either see myself dying of old age/degenerative disease, or perhaps some glorious explosion (both cases would make my innards rather useless). But in case I don't die the way I want, then it's a yard sale.

Anyone ever thought about leaving your corpse for scientific research?
Ominous Wrote:Did anyone ever see Turistas?

Lackluster movie

In any case, I either see myself dying of old age/degenerative disease, or perhaps some glorious explosion (both cases would make my innards rather useless). But in case I don't die the way I want, then it's a yard sale.

Anyone ever thought about leaving your corpse for scientific research?

I decided not to opt for that because your organs can't be used for donation if you sign up for that. Regardless, it's an equally commendable choice.
never thought about it much.

what if you were wealthy enough to be cryogenically frozen? would you choose the selfish path that leaves potential for you to be revived (who knows whether it will be possible) or give up your chances to save lives?

it's selfish, but i would like my body to remain in good condition after death, to preserve myself as best as possible. this is somewhat connected to my hope that there is life after death (Despite my general attachment to science)

But if it's any consolation I have at least donated blood and will probably in the future...

Donating organs? i still need more time to form a proper opinion about it.
OSW Wrote:never thought about it much.

what if you were wealthy enough to be cryogenically frozen? would you choose the selfish path that leaves potential for you to be revived (who knows whether it will be possible) or give up your chances to save lives?

it's selfish, but i would like my body to remain in good condition after death, to preserve myself as best as possible. this is somewhat connected to my hope that there is life after death (Despite my general attachment to science)

But if it's any consolation I have at least donated blood and will probably in the future...

Donating organs? i still need more time to form a proper opinion about it.

hey guys, what if you had to choose between killing your mother or castrating yourself? never mind that this will never come up, WHAT WOULD YOU DO
I think donating your body to science is as meaningful, too.

Scientists can learn a lot this way.
Artie Wrote:I think donating your body to science is as meaningful, too.

Scientists can learn a lot this way.

I agree with you entirely. It was just the decision I made to aid the organ shortage. I think both decisions are admirable. Just don't let your body rot away pointlessly.
personally i want to be cremated, so they could take my brain for all i care

but thats just me.
Fleetscut Wrote:if you drink excessively you'd only destroy your liver. the rest of em should be fine for donation

Excessive drinking leads you to fights and accidents and other such mishaps that tend to damage the rest of your organs. It lowers your resale value after death, just like pouring sludge into your car's petrol tank.
I'd just like to thank Brad and everyone in this topic. I stumbled across this topic some while ago and it really got me thinking. It wasn't until today that I realised that there was no age restrictions in the United Kingdom and signed up immediately.

The WBO essentially could have saved lives.

I want to encourage everyone to do so; there are really no major religions that do not accept organ donation as far as I am concerned, you can save lives, plural, by literally spending five minutes of your time signing up.