Are you an organ donor?

Poll: Are you signed up to be an organ donor upon your death?

Yes
35.90%
No
43.59%
I'm ineligible
12.82%
My religion forbids it
7.69%
Total: 100% 39 vote(s)
My next of kin knows that I am going to... I should remind them about it.. and you should probably register with the government to be legit in case god forbid you get knifed and someone lifts your wallet.
Artie Wrote:All I'm gonna say is fourth option is pretty tasteless.

And yeah, I'm a donor.

Changing it to be legitimate.
Not registered, really wouldn't know where to go for that.
Good idea about the note in the wallet though, that might be an idea.
I am.

No reason not to donate, once I'm good and dead, I'm not going to be needing anything.

May as well help other people out.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
G Wrote:I'm not sure if I'm registered even. I guess I will if mine are ok.

Write a note authorizing it, stick it in your wallet. Done.

(I'm very passionate about this.)

Don't worry about it. Whenever I get my license, it should ask whether I'll be a donor or not. I'll check "Yes" Smile
This is something I have never thought about and even if it sounds silly there's something telling me not to just immediately say 'yes' without thinking about it.

I know there isn't a lot to think about but it's one of those things that are kind of odd like that. Confused
Guitar_Legend Wrote:This is something I have never thought about and even if it sounds silly there's something telling me not to just immediately say 'yes' without thinking about it.

I know there isn't a lot to think about but it's one of those things that are kind of odd like that. Confused

It isn't silly, it's a pretty freaky proposition. It's also one of the easiest things you can do to save someone's life.
Does anyone know if you can donate organs if you've got blood issues? Like my mom lived in the U.K. during a certain period (so did my dad) So they are both carriers of Mad cow and my dad also had like Hep B I think (he had Hep something just confused on the letter).
Ozuma Wrote:Does anyone know if you can donate organs if you've got blood issues? Like my mom lived in the U.K. during a certain period (so did my dad) So they are both carriers of Mad cow and my dad also had like Hep B I think (he had Hep something just confused on the letter).

You'd have to ask your doctor this.
I don't know, im not signed up, but I voted no.
I like giving blood tho, and been wondering about the bone-marrow regristry that ive heard radio commercials about.

brad does this mean you've got your learner's driver liscence? or w.e it is nfld
BlueSZK Wrote:I don't know, im not signed up, but I voted no.
I like giving blood tho, and been wondering about the bone-marrow regristry that ive heard radio commercials about.

brad does this mean you've got your learner's driver liscence? or w.e it is nfld

Read the rest of the thread. You don't need a license -- or anything really -- to do this.
I just assumed thats what got you here.
I didn't know I could stick it in my wallet tho. thats simple
BlueSZK Wrote:I just assumed thats what got you here.
I didn't know I could stick it in my wallet tho. thats simple

Yup!

I know I seem like a lunatic, but this is one thing almost anyone can do to save a life. I think we have an obligation as humans to be organ donors. People are dying every day because there aren't enough organs to go around. Someday, it could be someone you care about.
Ozuma Wrote:Does anyone know if you can donate organs if you've got blood issues? Like my mom lived in the U.K. during a certain period (so did my dad) So they are both carriers of Mad cow and my dad also had like Hep B I think (he had Hep something just confused on the letter).

i think you can donate some organs though im not sure which. the ones that deal directly with blood you probably cant, but ones that are not designed to treat blood are most likely fine
well then I ask while everyone is still alive, how many of you have donated blood? this is equally important, no?
BlueSZK Wrote:well then I ask while everyone is still alive, how many of you have donated blood? this is equally important, no?

I've done it, but only once. I'd really like to do it again soon.
I could have sworn the default was "donate" and you only don't donate if you specifically say not to. Or maybe that's just here. Or maybe just my imagination.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I could have sworn the default was "donate" and you only don't donate if you specifically say not to. Or maybe that's just here. Or maybe just my imagination.

It should be that way.
I donate blood every change I get.

I'm also an organ doner. Have been ever since I got my Liscense
I'm a carp jerk. Why? Like Roan, I just haven't really put any thought into this.
Never donated blood either.
whoops
I thought this was about being organ donor while alive so i voted no

but if I'm dead, then maybe, haven't really thought about it
I really don't think anyone needs my organs.
Seriously. They'd probably kill someone if they did a transplant.
Not to mention I have one kidney.. So yeah.

They get no organs from me.
King of Darkness Wrote:I'm a carp jerk. Why? Like Roan, I just haven't really put any thought into this.
Never donated blood either.

It's not hard. You just have to authorize it. There's no excuse for not being an organ donor. :\