Archer Hercules Testing

(Jul. 13, 2018  3:55 PM)brandbrick Wrote: Can it at least knock out beys or no?

not as much as an attack layer, because it’s not an attack layer.  it’s a stamina type layer with high defense.
ah.7.et vs hs.0b.at
ah launched first
Ah: 10 wins (os)
Hs: 0 wins
1 tie
launchers: dual string and regular sword launcher

its pretty good
Archer Hercules 7.Ator Et vs Winning valkrie Xtreme based combo
Continuing the recent Archer Hercules discussion from the Winning Combinations thread here:

Tried all sorts of Attack combos against aH.0.Et yesterday again: wV/sX/tN/zA/Sr/vL Xtreme, Jolt, Hunter, etc. and can still can’t do much of anything against it. It’s so bad. Unless you get a direct hit sweeping down from the ridge or somehow can string together a few consecutive hits right at the beginning despite aH’s almost nonexistent recoil, you’re done for. sX did marginally better than I expected, but still bad overall considering it was solo testing. It just doesn’t burst and rarely gets KOed. I also retried tN and zA, but they sucked and self-bursted too.

After coming from testing for MFL the other day it feels like you would need to be some sort of Attack god in order to beat aH with any consistency. A lot of that has to do with the terrible slope of the Burst Standard Type Stadium in comparison to MFB’s BB-10, but regardless, it shouldn’t be this hard to beat aH.

I’ve heard of other people having success with sX and wV Xtreme against it ... would love to see video of that. Not sure what's going on here. I know @[1234beyblade] has had similar difficulties.
(Aug. 02, 2018  9:01 PM)Kei Wrote: Continuing the recent Archer Hercules discussion from the Winning Combinations thread here:

Tried all sorts of Attack combos against aH.0.Et yesterday again: wV/sX/tN/zA/Sr/vL Xtreme, Jolt, Hunter, etc. and can still can’t do much of anything against it. It’s so bad. Unless you get a direct hit sweeping down from the ridge or somehow can string together a few consecutive hits right at the beginning despite aH’s almost nonexistent recoil, you’re done for. sX did marginally better than I expected, but still bad overall considering it was solo testing. It just doesn’t burst and rarely gets KOed. I also retried tN and zA, but they sucked and self-bursted too.

After coming from testing for MFL the other day it feels like you would need to be some sort of Attack god in order to beat aH with any consistency. A lot of that has to do with the terrible slope of the Burst Standard Type Stadium in comparison to MFB’s BB-10, but regardless, it shouldn’t be this hard to beat aH.

I’ve heard of other people having success with sX and wV Xtreme against it ... would love to see video of that. Not sure what's going on here. I know @[1234beyblade] has had similar difficulties.

TT needs to release a short version of Xtreme
yeah you can get lucky a few times in a row with attacking aH.7.Et

but if you really stress test it, i now must concede it has really high burst resistance for a stamina layer.

current offerings cannot reliably burst aH
i guess a lot is riding on bX...

otherwise what others have already pointed out might be true, aH is broken
If my memory serves me right, mG was broken because of answers like gK on revolve.  gK on revolve is pretty bad.  hS on br is at least more versatile now than gK was.  

aH is an extremely good defense bey with good stamina.  Thus beating it would have to be through stamina currently.  I don’t have the skills necessary to beat aH with attack, so I gave up on that.  I don’t think bX  layer alone will do it.  TT seems to be hinting at “completing” xB will require dagger and X’ it you watch the ads.  So my guess is that bX.1’D.x’ is really the attack combo being released, in 3 different products....   Maybe bX will be awesome in attack in every way expect it has horrible teeth?   Then you must get the gold spring from x’ to compensate?  Just saying.... 3 products sold....
(Aug. 02, 2018  11:10 PM)Shindog Wrote: If my memory serves me right, mG was broken because of answers like gK on revolve.  gK on revolve is pretty bad.  hS on br is at least more versatile now than gK was.  

aH is an extremely good defense bey with good stamina.  Thus beating it would have to be through stamina currently.  I don’t the skills necessary to beat aH with attack, so I gave up on that.  I don’t think bX  layer alone will do it.  TT seems to be hinting at “completing” xB will require dagger and X’ it you watch the ads.  So my guess is that bX.1’D.x’ is really the attack combo being released, in 3 different products....   Maybe bX will be awesome in attack in every way expect it has horrible teeth?   Then you must get the gold spring from x’ to compensate?  Just saying.... 3 products sold....

i guess it’s a philosophy question really, must stamina layers to be moderately/highly susceptible to attack?

it was “maybe” for the mG trial ban
then “no” for the mG unban
then “yes because” for the mG/G3/Sr combo ban

if you apply the principles of the mG/G3 current ban, i don’t know how aH survives. 

but i take your great point on the aH counter being more useful than the mG counters, i hadn’t thought of it that way, and i agree. 

(i feel like i always need to say this, i am antiban everything by default. subjective rules bring unintended consequences and need too much maintenance, imo.)
(Aug. 03, 2018  12:36 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2018  11:10 PM)Shindog Wrote: If my memory serves me right, mG was broken because of answers like gK on revolve.  gK on revolve is pretty bad.  hS on br is at least more versatile now than gK was.  

aH is an extremely good defense bey with good stamina.  Thus beating it would have to be through stamina currently.  I don’t the skills necessary to beat aH with attack, so I gave up on that.  I don’t think bX  layer alone will do it.  TT seems to be hinting at “completing” xB will require dagger and X’ it you watch the ads.  So my guess is that bX.1’D.x’ is really the attack combo being released, in 3 different products....   Maybe bX will be awesome in attack in every way expect it has horrible teeth?   Then you must get the gold spring from x’ to compensate?  Just saying.... 3 products sold....

i guess it’s a philosophy question really, must stamina layers to be moderately/highly susceptible to attack?

it was “maybe” for the mG trial ban
then “no” for the mG unban
then “yes because” for the mG/G3/Sr combo ban

if you apply the principles of the mG/G3 current ban, i don’t know how aH survives. 

but i take your great point on the aH counter being more useful than the mG counters, i hadn’t thought of it that way, and i agree. 

(i feel like i always need to say this, i am antiban everything by default. subjective rules bring unintended consequences and need too much maintenance, imo.)

I completely agree with you on the views on bans.  There are times when it become necessary but bans should be really carefully administered.  And they hurt the consumer in order to fix the mistakes made by TT  or Hasbro.
Archer Hercules O Glaive atomic
(Aug. 03, 2018  12:36 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: (i feel like i always need to say this, i am antiban everything by default. subjective rules bring unintended consequences and need too much maintenance, imo.)

There wont be any Unintended consequences when aH will be banned.  The meta will become more balanced.  The top stamina layers dC and cR will be easily beaten by attack in addition to that these layers are good against hS. So that solves 2 problems.
(Aug. 03, 2018  7:22 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2018  12:36 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: (i feel like i always need to say this, i am antiban everything by default. subjective rules bring unintended consequences and need too much maintenance, imo.)

There wont be any Unintended consequences when aH will be banned.  The meta will become more balanced.  The top stamina layers dC and cR will be easily beaten by attack in addition to that these layers are good against hS. So that solves 2 problems.
This just my opinion, but I don’t think the meta will shift to dC and cR to beat hS.  I feel like wV and rP will be more popular.  They are being used for that purpose now.

I guess it just depends what the ban is suppose to accomplish. If it is to make stamina beys such as dC and cR more appealing I don’t think banning aH is enough.
Try Archer Hercules 0 Bump Orbit
(Aug. 02, 2018  9:54 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2018  9:01 PM)Kei Wrote: Continuing the recent Archer Hercules discussion from the Winning Combinations thread here:

TT needs to release a short version of Xtreme

Jolt does that fine... I think...

It uses the rubber like Xtreme. But your kind of right in a way because it represents Hunter a bit more...
(Aug. 03, 2018  9:06 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2018  9:54 PM)Limetka Wrote: TT needs to release a short version of Xtreme

Jolt does that fine... I think...

It uses the rubber like Xtreme. But your kind of right in a way because it represents Hunter a bit more..
Jolt is also slightly shorter than other drivers.
(Aug. 03, 2018  7:22 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

There wont be any Unintended consequences when aH will be banned.  The meta will become more balanced.

you can’t say with certainty there will be no unintended consequences.  and remember, i was speaking in an absolute, broad sense.

however specifically with aH,
if you take an alpha stamina layer out of the game, you are by de facto buffing defense and attack layers.  we don’t know exactly what might be advantaged/disadvantaged by taking aH out moving forward, as players adapt/exploit and new beys come out.

but just as a principle when you monkey around with competitive systems of any type, even in good faith, there are unintended consequences.  that’s a fact.
(Aug. 03, 2018  9:21 AM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2018  9:06 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Jolt does that fine... I think...

It uses the rubber like Xtreme. But your kind of right in a way because it represents Hunter a bit more..
Jolt is also slightly shorter than other drivers.

That's what I was trying to say.
(Aug. 03, 2018  12:09 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you can’t say with certainty there will be no unintended consequences.  and remember, i was speaking in an absolute, broad sense.

however specifically with aH,
if you take an alpha stamina layer out of the game, you are by de facto buffing defense and attack layers.  we don’t know exactly what might be advantaged/disadvantaged by taking aH out moving forward, as players adapt/exploit and new beys come out.

but just as a principle when you monkey around with competitive systems of any type, even in good faith, there are unintended consequences.  that’s a fact.
U are forgetting something, right now aH is not only the top stamina layer but top defense layer too.  Removing it will automatically make cR and dC top stamina choices not only that if bX and other new attack beys turn out to be good the meta will be alot more attack oriented. Which is a good thing. eF will also have more use and imo its perfect in the sense that it does good against attack,  loses to right spin stamina and can be used on certain set ups to deal with certain hS combos.  But of course we can only know what effects the ban will have pnce it happens but seeing the situation rn its best to ban aH for good.
(Aug. 03, 2018  1:57 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:  But of course we can only know what effects the ban will have pnce it happens

exactly what i’m saying. 

also weren’t you repeatedly campaigning for a hS ban before aH came out?  how does that ban look in hindsight?
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:00 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: exactly what i’m saying. 

also weren’t you repeatedly campaigning for a hS ban before aH came out?  how does that ban look in hindsight?
It seems people have found stuff which does good against it. Also i have explained before how eF,dC and cR do good against hS. Also if it becomes a problem too i will campaign for its ban too

LC Z Achilles 7 Xtreme vs Archer Hercules 0 Eternal
zA: 9 (8 BF, 1 KO)
aH: 11 (11 OS)
Win rate: 45%
Average aH clicks: 3.15

It's definitely burstable. Less KOable, but Burstable for sure. zA definitely feels a lot more consistent with a Level Chip as well, though I'll save that discussion for another time.

I started a wV test as well, but I've suspended it for now. Started using a new wV Layer for this (shiny white/gold one from the RBV!), but it was getting shredded from the impacts, so I've stopped. I'll pick that up again another time, but the test above proves the point that it's possible, haha.
(Aug. 03, 2018  7:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2018  3:00 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: exactly what i’m saying. 

It seems people have found stuff which does good against it. Also i have explained before how eF,dC and cR do good against hS. Also if it becomes a problem too i will campaign for its ban too

you are certainly free to do that. but id think you'd avoid prematurely demanding bans again.

If it'll keep aH from being banned, I'll share a combo I've been working on that seems to burst aH pretty consistently. I'm at work, so it'll be a few hours.
(Aug. 04, 2018  1:25 AM)BladerGem Wrote:

If it'll keep aH from being banned, I'll share a combo I've been working on that seems to burst aH pretty consistently. I'm at work, so it'll be a few hours.

This will be interesting ?
(I swear, it did better in free-play than when I actually tested it...)

aH.0.Et VS X3.2.Liner

Archer Heracles: 15 Outspins. Won: 75%

Xcalius X3: 4 burst, 1 KO. Won: 25%

Notes: X3 started out strong, almost all of the bursts were one after the other in the beginning of the test, but after the KO, it stopped performing.
Heracles was at an average of 2 clicks whenever it won.

I'd suggest trying other core disks on X3 and sX, maybe 0 or 10.

(Final note: I use abbreviations based on A: What bey I'm using, and B: Which brand it's from, so since I have mostly Hasbro parts, I used the Xcalius X3 layer)