April introduces new Beyblade Burst system-Dual Layers!

(Jan. 08, 2016  3:56 AM)BeyGa Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2016  3:51 AM)Half Nail Wrote: If they could make Burst Beys have an HMS vibe to them that would be super rad.

Yeah, that plastic Layer fused with metal parts is so cool!!!

But not much metal, cause I want to see Beys flying all over the place! One thing that I really love about the plastic gen is that Beyblades were a lot lighter, it made them fly and, imo, it's so cool. On the other hand, heavy beyblades doesn't fly that much and the long stamina rounds are boring... Thank TT we have the burst gimmick now to end that long battles.

But, if only they fixed the weaing teeth problem, it's already an amazing thing!

Yo, only Valkyrie's teeth are a problem, but your posts make it sound like it is the bane of Burst's existence overall.
(Jan. 08, 2016  3:48 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: I really hope one of the pieces is Metal, because Metal just makes the game much more entertaining in my opinion.

Also better, overall. I made a post several months ago talking about Gasing Pankah, the differences between it and Beyblade/Beigoma and what it would take to make Beyblade become more of a sport like the other one is. One of the biggest differences was size and weight. Gasing Pankah tops are HEAVY, and currently the longest spin record is several hours.
I figured out the Gimmick. The plastic insert in a layer will be interchangable or customizable. My other theory is that they will be metal instead of plastic adding alot of extra weight into the metagame making battles theoretically last longer than typical burst battles and will have more force.

What do you guys think?

Notice: if anyone already came up with this I'm sorry I had one look and came up with the idea.

Update: another Idea would be overlapping layers or layers splitting into two that can interlock with other layers to make unstable battles
(Jan. 08, 2016  3:11 AM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2016  1:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh I forgot two of them hah :

Holy Horusood
Yeager/Jäger Yggdrasil

Oh man, if Yggdrasil is really the new Wolborg, the whole Burst metagame will finally be somewhat exciting. I really hope they're going to release a bearing driver in the future.

Why do you think this is what the Burst metagame needs? There are already some combos with pretty good stamina. We're still waiting for more varied disks and options for attack that aren't Valkyrie. It would be nice if there was a super-high stamina, low-defense option, though.

(Jan. 08, 2016  1:03 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2016  1:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2016  1:03 AM)Wizard Wrote: Called it. My next prediction: This is going to fix the problem of the teeth wearing down. New layers are really the only way to do it while making sure it's still a universally compatible system.

Yeah, I kinda figured some system that separates the teeth from the "attacking part" would come. We'll see if that's how this goes.

xcalibur teeth on spriggan ring xtreme yes please

Thanks for presenting a great argument that makes me think this won't happen. Tongue_out Everyone would just use the strongest teeth all the time ... unless they made it so, for example, only Layer parts of the same type work together. Or something. I have no idea to be honest.

(Jan. 08, 2016  3:36 AM)Wizard Wrote: I'm hoping that one of the layers will be metal. This would give more weight to the top and allow it to spin for a longer period. Man, two pieces of metal... I would love that so much. Too bad I'm probably wrong.

However the new system works, I hope it makes battles last longer. No word on when we'll get it? I'd imagine not until at least April.

Seems extremely unlikely to me due to safety concerns. The Disk is sandwiched between the Layer and Driver and thus doesn't tend to get knocked very far away, but metal – or even metal-weighted – Layers flying out of the stadium would be dangerous.

Plus, I kind of like that attack style and weight distribution are largely independent of each other in Burst. I just hope we'll get more Disks and strategy goes beyond "pick the heaviest one in 99% of situations".
Thanks for the news Kai-V. The double layers.....and disksSmile
I think the solution to teeth wearing down would be to make the plastic insert with the teeth out of metal. this would insure a longer battle due to weight and a solution to the money wasting breaking on teeth
So that would be a Xeno blade? as in XenoBlade chronicles. lol. Disappointing that they are using storm for a main character again.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:03 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: Disappointing that they are using storm for a main character again.

Why? It's not like it has anything to do with the old storm. In fact, the target audience doesn't even remember the old storm.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:03 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: So that would be a Xeno blade? as in XenoBlade chronicles. lol. Disappointing that they are using storm for a main character again.

Spriggan and Pegasus couldn't be more different. And storms are a pretty consistent theme in Beyblade, probably because they're horrifying natural phenomena that also happen to spin around.

(Jan. 08, 2016  4:52 AM)MattF0rce Wrote: I think the solution to teeth wearing down would be to make the plastic insert with the teeth out of metal. this would insure a longer battle due to weight and a solution to the money wasting breaking on teeth

If the teeth were metal, they would just trash the Driver. And if the Driver's mechanism was metal as well, the mechanism would probably just jam a lot.
That's what I'm complaining about. The constantly re used themes. Oh well. Guess it can't be helped.
HOLY FUDGE BALLS!

but what about Minoboros,Chaos, and Unicorn?
are they going to become
Mighty Minobororos
Calamity Chaos
and
United Unicorn
or something like that?
Kinda wish it would've been like Plastics; I'm used to Dragoon Storm; and the whole Storm Spriggan thing sounds weird; since I associate Burst closer to Plastics.
Also, Valkyrie Victory sounds better too.
(Jan. 08, 2016  6:41 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: HOLY FUDGE BALLS!

but what about Minoboros,Chaos, and Unicorn?
are they going to become
Mighty Minobororos
Calamity Chaos
and
United Unicorn
or something like that?

Oh, you are correct, and you made me realise something : Trident, Minoboros, Unicorn, Evil-eye and Chaos are litterally getting used by NO character in the Beyblade Burst manga. This reinforces the theory that these Dual Layers, the evolutions of the first few Layers, are to be used for the anime, litterally made for characters.

All in all, I doubt there would be evolutions for those five Layers, unfortunately. Hopefully Neptune may come later though.

Thank you, vikrambeyblade.
Oh man, I was hoping Trident was for an independent character, it looks so cool.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:17 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: That's what I'm complaining about. The constantly re used themes.

There is no reason they shouldn't re-use ideas from previous generations when marketing to a new audience. I, for one, enjoy seeing trends that pop up consistently through Beyblade's history Smile
(Jan. 08, 2016  4:14 PM)灼炎寺 カイザ Wrote: What is Victory Valkyrie?

Read the first post in this topic.
I don't understand the first post very well because I'm not english.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:05 PM)灼炎寺 カイザ Wrote: I don't understand the first post very well because I'm not english.

Next system in Beyblade Burst = "Dual Layers". 2 pieces.

New upcoming Dual Layers :
Victory Valkyrie (evolution of Valkyrie)
Storm Spriggan (evolution of Spriggan)
etc.
Yaeger Yggdrasil is a really cool sounding name. There hasn't been one that sounds that cool since Phantom Orion or Diablo Nemesis!! I might have to get that one!

But seriously, is there any reason at all to get any regular Burst Beys at this point? It seems probable that they would be instantly outclassed upon release of these guys.
I would trust TAKARA-TOMY this time to not outclass past Beyblade Burst pieces already, personally. I am planning to make a comparative data analysis, but so far I would just expect perhaps Valkyrie to be outclassed by something, finally hah ? Otherwise, Beyblade Burst seems like it has been rather soft in outclassing previously released parts, however I do want to study all the data before stating that as a fact.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:19 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: But seriously, is there any reason at all to get any regular Burst Beys at this point? It seems probable that they would be instantly outclassed upon release of these guys.

Just like how the F series outclassed all of the S series and that no pre-Hybrid wheels were competitive after the release of Storm Pegasis?

I wouldn't assume that all of these would be better than their previous iterations. Even so, there will always be better Beyblades coming, so the only way to stay ahead is to not buy anything ever. :')
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would trust TAKARA-TOMY this time to not outclass past Beyblade Burst pieces already, personally. I am planning to make a comparative data analysis, but so far I would just expect perhaps Valkyrie to be outclassed by something, finally hah ? Otherwise, Beyblade Burst seems like it has been rather soft in outclassing previously released parts, however I do want to study all the data before stating that as a fact.

Yea, that's what I'm hoping.

(Jan. 08, 2016  5:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:19 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: But seriously, is there any reason at all to get any regular Burst Beys at this point? It seems probable that they would be instantly outclassed upon release of these guys.

Just like how the F series outclassed all of the S series and that no pre-Hybrid wheels were competitive after the release of Storm Pegasis?

I wouldn't assume that all of these would be better than their previous iterations. Even so, there will always be better Beyblades coming, so the only way to stay ahead is to not buy anything ever. :')

I wasn't around for the plastic gen, so I wouldn't know, but was it that fast?

Of course, yes, there will be better Beys coming in the future. My thing wasn't so much that Beys were being upgraded, but I mean, we've barely had time to really get into the nitty gritty with the regular Burst Beys! Now, stuff that hasn't been tested formally (i.e. Force, Aero, other stuff coming out) could sink into obscurity.

And not only that, but it seems kinda shady that TT would advertise this new Burst line as the main new system before updating it less than a year after the originals hit retail. Especially since they likely had these planned the whole time. I was expecting more of what they did with MFB where we had too years of traditional MFBs and then it all went nuts with the 4D system. And if it turns out these Beys are what are featured primarily in the anime, then that would really be a strange decision.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would trust TAKARA-TOMY this time to not outclass past Beyblade Burst pieces already

It wouldn't be hard. Most of the drivers are pretty bad, it's just a matter of making something that wouldn't lose all of it's spin the moment the balance gets messed up. As for the wheels, they could easily do better.

(Jan. 08, 2016  5:41 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I wasn't around for the plastic gen, so I wouldn't know, but was it that fast?

From what I remember as a kid, it felt like there were a lot of "evolutions" to existing beys. More than one per season like we saw in Metal Fight Beyblade.

(Jan. 08, 2016  5:41 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: And not only that, but it seems kinda shady that TT would advertise this new Burst line as the main new system before updating it less than a year after the originals hit retail. Especially since they likely had these planned the whole time. I was expecting more of what they did with MFB where we had too years of traditional MFBs and then it all went nuts with the 4D system. And if it turns out these Beys are what are featured primarily in the anime, then that would really be a strange decision.

This is from the August 2008 issue of CoroCoro:

[Image: dytvKPHl.jpg]

And this is from the March 2009 issue of CoroCoro:

[Image: pOFsce7l.jpg]

It's the same time frame, really. The only reason we know about this now is because it was leaked, Takara Tomy hasn't officially announced this yet which is why the only thing we have at the moment are names. I'm predicting that we will see it in the February issue of CoroCoro.

I disagree with the part of your post that I have bolded. We had the original Metal Fight Beyblades that were released in August 2008, and then in March 2009 we saw the release of Storm Pegasus. Just like what is happening with Burst, the release of Storm Pegasus introduced wheels that use two pieces as opposed to just one. We did have two years of the Hybrid Wheels System, but that's not really related to this.

Edit: This is responding to the last sentence of your post. The Metal Fight Beyblade anime premiered in Japan in April 2009, the manga started in August 2008. The anime featured the Hybrid Wheel System Beybaldes, which were released in March 2009. The Beyblade Burst anime is expected to premiere sometime around April 2016, and the manga started in August 2015. Do you see where I'm going with this? We're probably going to see the new Beyblade Burst system on the shelves around March and it's probably going to be the focus of the anime.
(Jan. 08, 2016  5:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I thought it was the opposite?
Spiral Change base>tip changy dranzer thing
Dragoon S base>Dragoon F base
Driger S>Driger S
Draciel S base>Draciel F base

???