April introduces new Beyblade Burst system-Dual Layers!

Here are my possible theories to these new burst beys:
1: Main-layer determines how the bey battles and sub-layer determines spin direction and burst.
2: Main-layer determines how the bey battles and burst, while the sub-layer determines spin direction.
3: Main-layer determines battling style, spin direction, and burst, while sub-layer contains the bey's motif.
4: (just shooting in the dark, here)Vice versa of theories 1-3.
Sweet, I get my own layers.

Anyway, this is interesting, albeit kind of expected news. I can't wait to hear more about it. Maybe it'll get me back into beyblade.
(Jan. 09, 2016  8:52 AM)Half Nail Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2016  8:44 AM)Burst Wrote: Hello Guys,
Okay so Its Like now Double Layer System Is coming soon !!! So Beyblade Burst 3 Layer ?? gonna be outdated ????
I mean it was just released about I think so 8 to 10 months ago ???
And another New change wow I mean Takara Tomy's Evolution in Beyblade is going really Fast !!!
Well I would love to images of Dual layer Beyblades !!!!
Cheers !!!
Burst.

We don't have any images right now. Trust me, as soon as imaged become available, Kai-V will post them; she's a wizard at that. As for the parts being outdated, the current system will definitely not be outclassed, at least, not all at once as soon as the new system comes out. After all, I believe Pegasis, a first generation MFB Beyblade wheel, still sees play to this day in Limited format, living through three plus generations of MFB. Although I can't guarantee anything, I'm certain that many Burst parts will still retain usefulness upon the release of the Dual Layer system.
Yup I do understand that. Dual Layer system Would be really interesting. But Let's hope for the best for that. Burst Parts if would be Compatible with Dual Layer System then it would be a really Good Advantage.
Also yes with Pegasus is a Bey that sill continues to play to this Day. Smile

Wizard Wrote:The big question now: I wonder this whole year of releases will be put out by Hasbro? I'm guessing not since it doesn't look like they will appear in the anime, but they could always surprise us.
Hasbro Burst Releases. Well there is no confirmed date for that right ???
But I am hope atleast Hasbro Releases it in Q4 of 2016.
Cheers !!!
Burst.
I litteraly just bought my first burst beyblade and there is something new out? Are burst ones about to be obselete? Is this coming in like years, and is it compatible with regular bursts?
No one really knows since there's hardly any info out. It's not released yet and we don't know when it'll be put
There is, however, nothing to suggest that anything other than the layers are changing so, at worst, those are the only part that could become obsolete.
Everything becomes obsolete, especially in beyblade. Enjoy it while it's good.

ps, all of you need avatars
(Jan. 11, 2016  8:06 AM)Burst Wrote: Hasbro Burst Releases. Well there is no confirmed date for that right ???
But I am hope atleast Hasbro Releases it in Q4 of 2016.
Cheers !!!
Burst.

Hasbro has stated a new line in 2017. No word if it's Burst, but that would make the most sense. I'm going to grill them at Toy Fair in Feb. and see what the PR people know.
(Jan. 12, 2016  12:23 PM)Noahgs Wrote: I litteraly just bought my first burst beyblade and there is something new out? Are burst ones about to be obselete? Is this coming in like years, and is it compatible with regular bursts?

It's worth keeping in mind that new Beyblades come out every single month, and that new releases are not always strictly better than previous releases – and, even better, they can add new life to old parts by introducing new customization possibilities.

I am certain that Dual Layers will be compatible with all existing Disks and Drivers.
(Jan. 08, 2016  12:28 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: rip my wallet

This comment .. Is so so relatable

This is kinda crazy for me. I am just getting in my shipments of burst because I'm just getting back into beyblade so I'm really really hoping I can still use the first gen burst disk and drivers. It's would suck to have spent all the money I did to not be able to use them soon. But I'm still excited and happy to be back into bb. Really excited for the Atlanta tourney next month. Ready for the spoilers to the double layers as well.
So I read on here (http://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-crea...ormungand/) that Jorrgunmand is one of the sons of Loki, and he is a snake dragon that guards the visible world (Midgard). I'm really fascinated with this creature, and think it will at least LOOK really good. What is a creature of Norse mythology you would want to see as a beyblade?
Vedrfolnir, Ratatosk and Nidhogg are the ones I've wanted to see for a while now.
Vedrfolnir would be about movement and agility, Ratatosk would be about unique motion via internal moving parts and Nidhogg would be a low attacker with little movement in its uncustomized form.
(Jan. 19, 2016  6:48 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Vedrfolnir, Ratatosk and Nidhogg are the ones I've wanted to see for a while now.
Vedrfolnir would be about movement and agility, Ratatosk would be about unique motion via internal moving parts and Nidhogg would be a low attacker with little movement in its uncustomized form.

It would be cool if they all came in a custom set with Yggdrassil Ring Gyro, considering they all have to do with the Yggdrassil. Ratatosk looks weird, though
(Jan. 19, 2016  6:48 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Vedrfolnir, Ratatosk and Nidhogg are the ones I've wanted to see for a while now.

we are probably not going to get Vedrfolnir and Ratatosk because the letters V and R are already taken in layers.the only way we will se them is if they use different characters like αmaterios

Edit: those characters are β and ρ
Sadly their abbreviations, Toskir and Folnir, are no better in that regard and I highly doubt we'll be seeing anything as late in the greek alphabet as ϕolnir any time soon.
(Jan. 20, 2016  3:57 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Sadly their abbreviations, Toskir and Folnir, are no better in that regard and I highly doubt we'll be seeing anything as late in the greek alphabet as ϕolnir any time soon.

but Toskir and Folnir work as we don't have T or F in layers
That sounds really exciting! Thanks for the info Kai-V!
(Jan. 20, 2016  6:17 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2016  3:57 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Sadly their abbreviations, Toskir and Folnir, are no better in that regard and I highly doubt we'll be seeing anything as late in the greek alphabet as ϕolnir any time soon.

Trident. we do have a T layer. no F, though.
I wouldn't just assume that they'll use the actual names of Norse gods, even if the design is based on them.
(Jan. 20, 2016  1:29 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2016  6:17 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:

Trident. we do have a T layer. no F, though.

forgot about Trident
(Jan. 20, 2016  3:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wouldn't just assume that they'll use the actual names of Norse gods, even if the design is based on them.

Odin
Yggdrasil
Jormungand (there are many ways to write Jörmungandr and this is one of them)

The only norse beyblade that is not written the same way has the myth is valkyrie that would be valkyria

even if we shouldn't assume it, they are more or less doing that with norse beyblades
Actually, after being let down by the bull themed Minoboros, a real Oroboros the world encompassing snake would be very much appreciated. Think Gill in layer form with something like MF that tornado stalls well for its driver. Probably something circular like Ring for the disk.
Man, as always you guys are speculating about upcoming things that we do not know, while we know not only of a new system, but of probably the whole spring's and summer's releases hah. You cannot get enough.
I can't speak for the others but I deal in hypotheticals and data. There's a certain degree of excitement that accompanies each new release but testing potential and design potential are the most exciting bits to actually talk about.

The new system won't be plastic style SARs as they would reduce burst rates too much. It's fairly clear that it'll more resemble either Metal Fusion or Zero-G. Whether the toothed part will make contact is unclear but the untoothed part will and they will be firmly interlocked.
We don't really have enough info to speculate much else with this series and the above seems pretty clear, hence why future bey names seem an appropriate topic.
Alright, here are more details about the Dual Layers :

The first few Beyblades with Dual Layers will be released on April 2nd and April 29th. Victory Valkyrie and Storm Spriggan will be Starters (most likely B-34 and B-35), while Rising Ragnaruk and Kaiser Kerbeus should be Boosters (B-36 and B-37). The full product names are still unknown though.

Dual Layers are actually screwed together with the same Y screws that are almost impossible to remove. In any case, this means that they are not really meant to be taken apart and cross-customized with another Beyblade's Dual Layer. The screws are on top this time though. This is probably to hold the NFC chip in place.

The transparent casing is smaller than the coloured plastic, but still on top it. There is way more coloured plastic protruding, almost an entire ring of it around the transparent casing with attack points all around. Therefore, the overall protrusions are a mix of the slightly softer coloured plastic and the slightly harder transparent casing. Because of all of this, there might be some attack points protruding wider than the original Layers, but overall they are the same size.